• 182 comments

Clark

I miss my daughter.
Premium
England
Drayton Bassett, North Warwickshire
Duffers999
Clark Duffy
Just bought this yesterday, big step up from my 1.1 Clio.

Will be replacing the Alpina 17-inch wheels with some original BMW BBS 15-inch with higher profile and getting an original silver and black kidney grill.

Last edited:
Kind of hard to tell from the pics, but it looks really clean! Nice upgrade. 👍

Gotta be honest, the paintwork has a few blemishes etc. However it goes and especially sounds absolutley awesome.

Nice! Looks pretty spotless in the pics. 👍

Will be looking even better when you put some of the original BBS's on it. Those Alpina wheels have never really been to my liking.

That was £2450, mint ones are £4000-4500+

No the paintwork is a bit flakey and stone chipped in a few places. I think this one was so cheap because of the mileage, 215K miles on the clock.

That is indeed high milage, but the M20 can take it! A guy I know had about 135k miles on his M20 when he put a turbo on it and it still went strong for over a year, or when he upped the boost and blew a piston through through the block.

The engine bay on yours looks like it's been well maintained and it's obviously been overhauled, since the valve cover and intake manifold are silver when stock and when the stock engine has that much milage it's usually covered in oil leaks.

This spring I helped a friend take out and overhaul an M20B25 in a cabrio, he chose to paint the valve cover and intake red:

AN-309+-+7+033.JPG

Driving these cars is awesome, if it's got an LSD you're gonna have a lot of fun with it. Short wheel base, light car. Bit low on power but it does the job.

Definitely an improvement from a Clio 👍

It has an LSD, 325i sport came stock with one. Already had some fun in the rain on my way to work.

New grille and set of four good condition BBS 15" wheels on the way to my house, should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday. Will post pics when I've fitted them.

Got rid of the ugly black kindey grill and replaced it with an original. :D

Got some original wheels and fitted them. :D Also took the headlight blinds off the top of the grill.

Looking good indeed. 👍

Are your headlight wipers completely functional?

Got some original wheels and fitted them. :D Also took the headlight blinds off the top of the grill.

I had a set of those on my Integra for a while. The RWD offset made it look all stancey without any work :lol:

Car is looking good though. A touch jealous in a way, since those E30's seem simple and very down to business for the interior and such.

Looking good indeed. 👍

Are your headlight wipers completely functional?

There's no blades on them and as I obviously can't see the headlights whenever I have the wipers on when I'm driving I've never checked if they work.

Azuremen
I had a set of those on my Integra for a while. The RWD offset made it look all stancey without any work :lol:

Car is looking good though. A touch jealous in a way, since those E30's seem simple and very down to business for the interior and such.

I really like how the 15in BBS fills the wheel well more than the 14in ones, or Bottlecaps.

And the interior, yes, but I would also call it a bit spartan.

I like my interior, I'll get a picture in a second and upload it. Leathery goodness. :D

Here we go.

Last edited:
No the paintwork is a bit flakey and stone chipped in a few places. I think this one was so cheap because of the mileage, 215K miles on the clock.

A chap I used to work with had one with 225k on it. Still pulled like a train. If looked after, I think they go on forever.

Looks great with the chrome grille and BBS back on it 👍 Really want an E30 again now...

Definatley looks in good nick for 215k.

I just miss having a BM with some character. My E46 320d tourer is a pretty bland affair.

homeforsummer
A chap I used to work with had one with 225k on it. Still pulled like a train. If looked after, I think they go on forever.

They do indeed. I have plenty of friends with E30s with over 200k miles on it, and still going strong. Hell, mine has 176k miles on it and it's still very solid overall. I daily drive mine (when in the US, and have taken it on long-ish road trips without it skipping a beat.

There is a E30 M3 in I think Idaho somewhere with 400k+ miles, and is still daily driven.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Even without all the looks of admiration I get, I love this car to bits. The way it drives, the way it goes, sounds and looks. It awesome and I like to think it suits me, especially after I've de-chavved it.

All my hard work and overtime had paid-off and I have a car I'm truly proud of and will do my best to look after it.

Apart from my girlfriend, this has been one of the best things to happen to me, and it's all the more sweet since I earned it myself.

That is a sweet ride you've got yourself. Looks cleaner than my E30 ever did and I still loved mine to bits; I can imagine what it's like having a nice one. :)

Bracing myself for the possible snow we might have in the coming weeks, anybody had experience of snow in a similar car?

Mount up some good snow tires and find a nice open parking lot to get some practice in, the worst thing you can do is not learn to drive in it. RWD cars can get around well in the snow and it's an absolute blast to drive in. 👍

Back