Classic and Muscle Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blue Phoenix
  • 143 comments
  • 9,316 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, who would think?? real muscle car lovers and hot rodders in GTP!!! where have you been dudes?? im sick of "import this and (ahem)skyline that" stuff that goes and goes on GTP. I dont have nothing against them, but im just so full of it. seeing people really care about these cars gives me hope. and, well. I frankly am very VERY happy that theres gonna be real muscle in GT4. now, I REALLY hope they wont be like any other non-japanese car in the GT series. read: they suck. because you cant tell me that any other car that isnt japanese in GT3 rules. they all suck. and if they rule, Japanese cars HAVE TO HAVE a car thar represents them in that playing field. examples? the pagani zonda and jag XJ220. and what they do? they put the totally untested,not-even-produced ZZII in the mix. and guess what? with a prototype car, they beat the crap out these two fantastic cars!!! why?? because japan has to rule it all!!!
yeah, we all hope we can take down all the rice in GT4 with a nice big blocker. but, come on. you really think pollyphony will make it possible? I hope so. but I wouldn be surprised if you cant even pass a civic. what would it be, then? it would SUCK!!!! just like bmw's inclussion in GT3... and any other non-Japanese car. letz keep hope Sony and pollyphony will stop being so DAMNED NAZIES about the rest-of-the-world cars.

Cano

as for the 57 chev with a 502 and all stuf... it would be a dream, but I dont think pllyphony would offer a "swap engine" option... altough it would be a TOTAL DREAM.
 
I like American classic cars and all, but they arn't what made racing popular, as Blue Phoenix said. I just wanted to get that into the open.

---edit---

You know what I honestly think is going to happen with GT4? People are going to love it, and people are going to find out that the muscle cars are getting beat by QUITE a few of the imports in the game, and the american car fans will be saying "Polyphonic Digital did a bad job". I can see it now.
 
Not sure if anyone here bought automodellesta but it has an engine swap feature. Its kinda cool but u cant upgrade the engine when u do it :( . If u dont have automod it is a decent rental altho the controls kinda S*CK.
 
I just hope if we do get muscle cars in GT4 that we can race tune them as well and do them up like the old 60's trans am and American sports car series. On the subject of big block american cars I'd like to see the Cobra Daytona Coupe make a comeback as well :cool: . Can't wait to drift that beast! 👍 :D
 
Originally posted by Driftster
You know what I honestly think is going to happen with GT4? People are going to love it, and people are going to find out that the muscle cars are getting beat by QUITE a few of the imports in the game, and the american car fans will be saying "Polyphonic Digital did a bad job". I can see it now.

Of course people gonna love it! and yeah, maybe that thing will happen. well, Im not gonna scream if these things get beaten by a skyline, or stuff like that, because I know that those imports can easily beat muscle cars. even more so if they both are fully tuned. Im just asking for them to be a respectable foe for each and every car in the game. and even more so to their class rivals (read rear wheel drive-front engine machines of any country-age)... I remember how the GT40 race car couldnt keep up with the r390 GT1, the toyota GT1 and all those cars, mainly because it was old, and they couldnt program it for a playing level field. If you wanted to beat those cars you nedded superslicks. that sux. I really hope they make the some respectable foes.

Cano
 
You guys are great.. i never would have thought that there would be even this many people out there that would care about having muscle in GT4... i grew up on muscle cars.. 74 GTO, 66 pontiac, 77 tran-am, 69 buick skylark gs, stuff like that.. and i and go nuts when i see a kid thats driving down the road acting all cool in his lil civic.. i only have an 84 monte carlo right now.. but atleast i can bolt a 400 small block in over the weekend.
 
Man stop hatin' if you saw 2 fast 2 furious the charger would have won that one raceif the ricers wouldn't of used stategy
so stop hatin'
 
man i don't really hate them.. but people like that put a sterio-type on guys my age.. i walked into Lordco Auto Parts just yesturday and asked for a set of headers he figured that i wanted headers for a frigin import and i said no a 327(thats what i'm gettin for my monte) thats all.. i may be 18 but i should have been born in the 50's cuz i love the 60's muscle cars and that all there is to it.. i just don't like it when ppl think i'm rebuiling a civic... not cool
 
Personally I think that the original muscle cars and generally classics have more style and are a lot more individual than modern day cars. If you look at modern day cars they all have very similar design features and characteristics.
 
Why do you thing muscle cars made racing popular? They didn't.
 
okay... stock car racing.. gt40.. look at the vette i mean they are all extremely popular race cars all race cars.. when you here shelby.. want do you think of.. cobra.. right... which is a race car... and like as wee_man said there all have there own look. although i like some imports for handling i'd rather be in a GTO or a Trans-am
 
I've found myself interested in Corvettes lately. They've been making them for so long. When I still thought it was cool to bash American cars I'd have said vettes suck. But that's moronic. Corvette has been in the big leagues almost as long as Ferrari. And now that it seems to have outgrown it's ugly phase, it's a beautiful car again. I love the Z06. In fact I'm doing the Trial Mountain Enduro in one right now (yeah, it's on pause at home). My only competition is an R34 and maybe if the AI wasn't so retarded it might have a chance.

The old muscle cars (of which I don't think Corvette and Viper really qualify) like Chevelle and GTO are cool and all, but only for drag racing. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'd rather be able to turn and stop and go fast.
 
but thats what i'm saying.. for alot of courses like trial moutain and stuff like that imports like BMW and Toyota are great.. but the point i'm trying to make is although great for handling i would personally like to take a spin in an old classic alot of the time just for fun... see if its not a challenge i don't like the race.. i've had a few times where i just took one of the indy cars for an endurance race just to get first place the easy way.. past out a few times i was winning so easily. plus i think the muscle cars will look fantastic on those replays:D
 
Originally posted by AJ1990
Man stop hatin' if you saw 2 fast 2 furious the charger would have won that one raceif the ricers wouldn't of used stategy
so stop hatin'
:lol: ^ 100% ricer talk (its somewhat about cars and makes no sense)
 
Originally posted by wana b drifter
:lol: ^ 100% ricer talk (its somewhat about cars and makes no sense)

I absolutely agree.
now, for what matters: muscle! :D
It seems weird that even with the options gran turismo offers people think that muscle cars wotn corner like a daned import. guess they dont know they can be turned into killer corner carvers. think about it. if you think gran turismo is going to let your muscle car _any muscle car_ stock, please. with the options the game has, you can stop, go and turn like mad. dont like the 35 year retarding in technology? then assume that they can be respectfull rivals for any fekken skyline you throw at them. that what Im hopping for the muscle cars that may appear in GT4. that pollyphony will make them perform like the great cars they are. and that you can make the perform even better. oh, adn... er... that they sound GOOOOOD. they need that too.
and as for msucle cars having their own design... well, are you serous? I mean, I LOVE their design and I think they are all bautifull, but the muscle car era is one with some of the same-looking designs... just see them!! long hood, short, high deck... hell, why the hell you think they call them a,b and g bodies.... every company has one... gm, buick, dodge... the muscle car era was a time when design was changing. one set the standars, others followed suit. they all look the same, but I think each has their own personal touch and attitude that made them so fresh and different and cool looking from one another, even if they shared the same basic design structure.

Cano

well, for all fo you muscle car fanatics, you should go and visit my thread of hot rod, muslce cars and custom car pics. wee need real people there. there arent enough pics :P just making my thread some publicity, as there are really few people that go :(

and, last... I dont know you, but I will try whenever I can to go trough gran turismo 4 with a muscle car. and speaking of, can any of you post a pic in this thread of any muscle car in GT4? PLEASE?
 
Originally posted by Cano
I absolutely agree.
now, for what matters: muscle! :D
It seems weird that even with the options gran turismo offers people think that muscle cars wotn corner like a daned import. guess they dont know they can be turned into killer corner carvers. think about it. if you think gran turismo is going to let your muscle car _any muscle car_ stock, please. with the options the game has, you can stop, go and turn like mad. dont like the 35 year retarding in technology? then assume that they can be respectfull rivals for any fekken skyline you throw at them. that what Im hopping for the muscle cars that may appear in GT4. that pollyphony will make them perform like the great cars they are. and that you can make the perform even better. oh, adn... er... that they sound GOOOOOD. they need that too.
and as for msucle cars having their own design... well, are you serous? I mean, I LOVE their design and I think they are all bautifull, but the muscle car era is one with some of the same-looking designs... just see them!! long hood, short, high deck... hell, why the hell you think they call them a,b and g bodies.... every company has one... gm, buick, dodge... the muscle car era was a time when design was changing. one set the standars, others followed suit. they all look the same, but I think each has their own personal touch and attitude that made them so fresh and different and cool looking from one another, even if they shared the same basic design structure.

Cano

well, for all fo you muscle car fanatics, you should go and visit my thread of hot rod, muslce cars and custom car pics. wee need real people there. there arent enough pics :P just making my thread some publicity, as there are really few people that go :(

and, last... I dont know you, but I will try whenever I can to go trough gran turismo 4 with a muscle car. and speaking of, can any of you post a pic in this thread of any muscle car in GT4? PLEASE?

I tottaly agree. Some Muscle can turn great. There was a Camaro Trans AM Series Racer (70's) and it turned great. Look like the one that was for sale on Barret Jackson. I had the opporotunity to see it in action (not the one on Barret Jackson, the one that was like it). Great sounding engine (could hear it on the other side of the track) and it sounds better as it screams by you. Looks awesome and very fast.

A side note: Some people say that Muscle Cars dont belong in Gran Turismo because its for GT cars. Hey, Numnuts, what do you think they called Muscle cars in those days? GT cars...
 
Wow, I clicked the link on the first page with the picture of GT4 and those pics are awesome! Im saving them all. I'll post one for you Cano :).
 

Attachments

  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 87
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
man i don't really hate them.. but people like that put a sterio-type on guys my age.. i walked into Lordco Auto Parts just yesturday and asked for a set of headers he figured that i wanted headers for a frigin import and i said no a 327(thats what i'm gettin for my monte) thats all.. i may be 18 but i should have been born in the 50's cuz i love the 60's muscle cars and that all there is to it.. i just don't like it when ppl think i'm rebuiling a civic... not cool

Lol. People in your town actually go to Lordco for Import parts? Same sort of stereotype happens here with Loper's performance parts. I went in there looking for a new intake manifold for the Cheyenne I used to own, and the first thing they show me is Tachometer's. Needless to say I took my buisness elsewhere.
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Wow, I clicked the link on the first page with the picture of GT4 and those pics are awesome! Im saving them all. I'll post one for you Cano :).
:eek: :drool:440 six pack:drool: :eek:
 
Originally posted by Cano
I absolutely agree.
now, for what matters: muscle! :D
It seems weird that even with the options gran turismo offers people think that muscle cars wotn corner like a daned import. guess they dont know they can be turned into killer corner carvers. think about it. if you think gran turismo is going to let your muscle car _any muscle car_ stock, please. with the options the game has, you can stop, go and turn like mad. dont like the 35 year retarding in technology? then assume that they can be respectfull rivals for any fekken skyline you throw at them. that what Im hopping for the muscle cars that may appear in GT4. that pollyphony will make them perform like the great cars they are. and that you can make the perform even better. oh, adn... er... that they sound GOOOOOD. they need that too.
and as for msucle cars having their own design... well, are you serous? I mean, I LOVE their design and I think they are all bautifull, but the muscle car era is one with some of the same-looking designs... just see them!! long hood, short, high deck... hell, why the hell you think they call them a,b and g bodies.... every company has one... gm, buick, dodge... the muscle car era was a time when design was changing. one set the standars, others followed suit. they all look the same, but I think each has their own personal touch and attitude that made them so fresh and different and cool looking from one another, even if they shared the same basic design structure.
PLEASE?

What I really was trying to get at, was that each one was very individual in my opinion and had their own charicteristic even with design (even though pretty much most of them had the same basci design shape of a box with a long bonnet).

On the topic of great handling muscle cars as well I was at Goodwood revivial (historic race meeting) and I saw a group of three Mustangs blow an entire field away of touring cars, in the wet I think as well. They should of at least had a partial decent challenge from a group of Lotus Cortina's which are amazing handling cars, but they just couldn't keep up round the corners and straights. 👍
 
Originally posted by wee_man
What I really was trying to get at, was that each one was very individual in my opinion and had their own charicteristic even with design (even though pretty much most of them had the same basci design shape of a box with a long bonnet).

On the topic of great handling muscle cars as well I was at Goodwood revivial (historic race meeting) and I saw a group of three Mustangs blow an entire field away of touring cars, in the wet I think as well. They should of at least had a partial decent challenge from a group of Lotus Cortina's which are amazing handling cars, but they just couldn't keep up round the corners and straights. 👍

oh. well, yeah, they have their uniqueness, I know that. sorry :P.
as for the pic, well... i had goose bumps when I saw it. as I said to palm in a PM, that picture had my faith restored in the GTgames. I cant wait. as for the 1st page pics, lezee dem!!

Cano

EDIT: saw 'em. now im too wet to write correctly. MY GOD. was that really needed? now Ill count the days for the game to hit stores!!! thats unfair. COOL CARS!! from te vette to the alpine, to the chevelle 454 to the alfa or the fairlady, to the chevy SSR to the prowler... man Im gonna enjoy this game. EN-JOY. Japanese cars there too, but I couldnt give a **** about them. Im TOO sick of them right now (thanks in part for being a member of GTplanet :P) to really care what versions of the skyline or lancer that differ only from badges and colors will be in the game...

And, hehe, palm, you are right... after all, the first muscle car wasnt the GRAN TURISMO Omologato???
 
Originally posted by milefile
Why do you thing muscle cars made racing popular? They didn't.
do you think there would be a civic si, skyline, or supra if it wasn't for the cars like the max wedge mopars? they were the first factory hot rods. they started it all. why do people think that imports are the only sport cars. they have no idea where the roots of those cars lie.
 
Wana B, who said anything about a Civic Si? Considering the fact that Honda's engineering came from MOTORCYCLE'S not General Motors. Asside from that point. Maybe DRAG racing was made popular by Muscle cars, which it was, I don't argue with that. But "Racing" was not made popular by muscle cars, HELL no it wasn't.
 
then tell us, by WHOM it was made popular? you simply CANT deny the fact that muscle cars ans american sports cars made racing EXTREMELY popular in america and some parts of the world too, and had an IMPORTANT place in the history of motorsport. not many times an event the magnitude of the Monterey historic automobile races honor one man. and that man was carrol shelby. any questions?

Cano

yeah, I know it wasnt made popular by these things, but is as if they werent even in the map. they are almost at the same league as any ferrari LM or porsche. and they are going for more recently.
 
Ok now you say "Muscel Cars An(d I'm assuming) american sports cars made racing EXTREMELY popular in america and some parts of the world too" Prior he said "Muscle cars....i mean that what made racing popular"you said you mentioned "american sports cars" and "America". Neither of those appeared in the quote I was responding to. I don't disagree with the fact that American cars highly influenced the interest in racing in American culture. But on a world wide basis, the racing interest evolved from europe. You know it aswell.
 
Originally posted by Driftster
Ok now you say "Muscel Cars An(d I'm assuming) american sports cars made racing EXTREMELY popular in america and some parts of the world too" Prior he said "Muscle cars....i mean that what made racing popular"you said you mentioned "american sports cars" and "America". Neither of those appeared in the quote I was responding to. I don't disagree with the fact that American cars highly influenced the interest in racing in American culture. But on a world wide basis, the racing interest evolved from europe. You know it aswell.

Yeah I agree with that. Although you can't really (as some one said above) pin down the popukarity of motorsport to a certain group of cars etc.:odd:
 
Originally posted by milefile
Why do you thing muscle cars made racing popular? They didn't.

They made modifying cars popular, which is what GT is about
 
:odd: ..... okay.... okay.. i have had enough of this i didn't want to get all offencive and crap but... think about the 50's 60's and 70's... mopars and gm ruled the GT, trans-am and oval tracks for the longest time... think of this the 67 Vette... race car #1.... 69 camero... #2 there are alot more but i don't have the time to list them... the main reason that i feel so passionate about this is my grandpa used to race GT style courses with his early vettes and cameros... so DON'T EVER SAY THAT MUSCLE NEVER MADE RACING POPULAR!!!!! and I DON'T MEAN JUST DRAG!!!:mad: :banghead:
 
Originally posted by HRT_Maloo
They made modifying cars popular, which is what GT is about

Not really. Muscle cars were fast right off the showroom floor. Muscle cars were a response to the hot-rods and jalopies of prior decades. They were modified... when Japan was still rebuilding Nagasaki.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back