Classic MINI Racing Club (ID: 1001881) - Friday August 14th, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT/7:00pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter FergusMik
  • 1,526 comments
With the coming time change back to Standard Time this coming weekend, I'm going to need to change the picture in Post #1 of this thread.

So I would like my fellow Mini fanatics to each post one of their favorite pictures (or snap a new one from your collection of replays) from our online races and we will select one to represent the thread through the winter. :)

Apologies for my absence, don't know when I'll be able to join again. The good news is that I no longer have a 'mine shaft' for a dining room :lol:, and I'm now moving on to the decorating phase (after giving some plasterers a sizeable wad of cash).

Just a reminder to UK drivers that the races will start at 9pm this week, for one week only, until @FergusMik goes back to EST. Confused? You will be! Hope I'm not :boggled:.

Apologies for my absence, don't know when I'll be able to join again. The good news is that I no longer have a 'mine shaft' for a dining room :lol:, and I'm now moving on to the decorating phase (after giving some plasterers a sizeable wad of cash).

Just a reminder to UK drivers that the races will start at 9pm this week, for one week only, until @FergusMik goes back to EST. Confused? You will be! Hope I'm not :boggled:.
We miss you Woodski. :)

And yes, I believe UK have already set their clocks back? Isn't it time this time change stuff is abolished, it's really not necessary anymore. :crazy:

I would like my fellow Mini fanatics to each post one of their favorite pictures (or snap a new one from your collection of replays) from our online races and we will select one to represent the thread through the winter. :)

I made four into one;

ferguscontestcontribution_zpsd18c6224.jpg~original

Just a reminder to UK drivers that the races will start at 9pm this week, for one week only
Good point. I actually hadn't considered that. 👍 (I'm hoping to make a return this week)

Yes, this twice yearly time travelling nonsense does seem unnecessary these days.

I said to Jocke once, for all the clubs and series we should work to a GTST - Grand Turismo Standard Time. :)

Cheers everyone, I had great fun.👍
I don't get into this thread much because the amount of data in the photos sometimes sends my phone crazy.
They are very pretty though.

Thanks for the racing tonight, great fun as usual
You definitely cleaned our clocks tonight on the dry pavement! 👍

PureGT_BAILE took the first race in the rain after he waited behind me patiently until the 7th lap when I lost it at the end of the straightaway giving up my lead. Congrats Russ. :cheers:

I managed to keep my composure during the second rain race and hung on for the win. :)

You definitely cleaned our clocks tonight on the dry pavement! 👍

PureGT_BAILE took the first race in the rain after he waited behind me patiently until the 7th lap when I lost it at the end of the straightaway giving up my lead. Congrats Russ. :cheers:

I managed to keep my composure during the second rain race and hung on for the win. :)
Thanks Mik, I was going well in the dry but not had much practice in the wet so difficult to understand car setup for that one, great racing, great lobby and fantastic hosting as usual, what else is going on this week?

Thanks Mik, I was going well in the dry but not had much practice in the wet so difficult to understand car setup for that one, great racing, great lobby and fantastic hosting as usual, what else is going on this week?

I hadn't driven my mini since last week and never in the rain.
just whacked the sports soft suspension kit on her.
could have done with a less aggressive trans (lots of wheel spin and under steer).
Doing a rain dance for next week:scared:

Nice1 mik.

I f
I hadn't driven my mini since last week and never in the rain.
just whacked the sports soft suspension kit on her.
could have done with a less aggressive trans (lots of wheel spin and under steer).
Doing a rain dance for next week:scared:

Nice1 mik.
found that if you stiffen the rear a lot ie anti roll bars dampers and higher ride height at the rear you will find that it will encourage oversteer giving more front end turn in which I find helps a lot with sport soft on! Oh and a bit of positive camber on the front wheels only, that's what I do anyway mate.

We'll be racing again next Wednesday as usual, I will post an agenda later this week.

Back