CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

Is #33 still available?

Yes - 33 now belongs to Cu3e / Bergele.

Round 20 Suzuka Race Report

First it was great to have new racers H-VainOla, Bic44 (Benny44) and TonyLomas join us today - I hope they enjoyed themselves and will be back to join us again - they all made excellent debut's.

World Classics
1st - Lex Lathor - C2 Corvette
2nd - Flaco - BMW 507
3rd - Kisko78 - Shelby GT350
4th - IfAndOr - Pontiac GTO

Cobra Ferrari Wars
1st - Flaco - Shelby Cobra
2nd - Kisko78 - Shelby Cobra
3rd - Lex Lathor - C2 Corvette Race Car
4th - Emotional Rekz - Ferrari 250 GTO

One Make Series: TVR V8S
1st - Flaco
2nd - Kisko78
3rd - Lex Lathor
4th - H-VainOla

Senna Tribute: Lotus 97T
1st - Lex Lathor
2nd - Flaco
3rd - Emotional Rekz
4th - IfAndOr

Next Round 20 at Tokyo R246 - Sunday August 10th at 17:00 BST

New racers, expert or online novices welcome - we still have a few slots available for enthusiastic, clean drivers and with some great new championships starting in early September, now is the time to sign up by sending an FR to Sick_Cylinder. For details click on the link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...14-novices-welcome.311494/page-2#post-9942289

Had a lot of fun with everyone today. I am pretty sure I forgot to fully tune my TVR. I'll have a look later. It was running on SH, so that could have been the problem. Also trying to get 5 cars reasy in an hour could have been the problem. I hope to be back next week and better prepared

Championship Tables

Table World Classics.jpg
Table Cobra Ferrari Wars.jpg
Table One Make TVR.jpg
Table Senna Tribute.jpg

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - For All Racers

Recently we have been over running on the meeting by about 30 minutes. With immediate effect we will try the following changes to shorten the meeting:

Qualifying for race 1 will commence at 17:05 BST

Race 1 will be shortened to 10 minutes - if people miss the start of qualifying they will now have shorter to wait.

Race 4 will be shortened to 10 minutes - tyre wear will be left on very fast

The above changes should enable the meeting to finish by 19:00 BST

Races 2 and 3 will remain unchanged at 15 minutes

Sick, shortening the meet sounds like a fine idea. I would rather see the time come off of a supporting event. Perhaps run the one makes first.
I had a great time today.

The only thing is if you keep qualifying (6mins) and a bit of practice (5mins) that works out longer than a 10 minute race!

It's the qualifying & practice that's taking up the time. About 45 minutes. Perhaps we should drop qualifying and race longer?

I'll send you a PM with some ideas.

Edit: Sorted

Last edited:
I just wanted to say thanks for letting me join you guys last night. It was good fun.
I achieved most of my aims.
Firstly, I did some faster laps that I had done in the bits of practice last week.
I completed every race. (I was even running 3rd for a few laps in the TVR race before my inevitable spin off)
I hopefully, didn't wreck anyone else's race.
And I had fun!
Unfortunately, I did get lapped in the Senna tribute race but I had let my tyres go down to zero and thought it was best to sit in the gravel whilst the leaders blasted past.

I just need some more practice. It was great fun and I saw some impressive driving too! Well done!

Last edited:
RACE 1: Last lap, Emo passes me
I had the inside line so basically I had the right to to keep my line but I thought to keep it clean and brake early and hard. I am not in this series to cause wrecks :D
SuzukaCircuit2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit3.jpg

SuzukaCircuit5.jpg

SuzukaCircuit6.jpg

Here I hit the brakes...

SuzukaCircuit7.jpg

SuzukaCircuit8.jpg

It was all good. Nice battle Emo and you deserved it 👍

Race 2: Passing @Sick Cylinder

Did you hear me honking when I "passed" you :D

SuzukaCircuit9.jpg

Cobra Ferrari wars

Below Sick Corvette C2 Race Car at the back of the grid. Middle Sick got the launch of his life going from 10th to 6th before the first corner - here he slips past Bergele C2 Corvette (33)
CFW Back of Grid.jpg
CFW Sick passes Bergele.jpg
CFW If Bergele Sick.jpg

Above IfAndOr (Ferrari 250 GT), Bergele (C2), Sick (C2 Race) chase Emo (Ferrari 250 GTO), Lex Lathor (C2 Race), Kisko (Cobra) and Flaco (Cobra). Below Emo brakes for the corner while chased by Sick, Bergele and If.

CFW Emo 250 GTO.jpg
CFW Flaco Cobra.jpg

Above the very fast Flaco Cobra.

There were excellent debut performances from Bic44, H-VainOla and TonyLomas. Below Bic44 Cobra and TonyLomas C2 Corvette.

CFW Bic44 Cobra.jpg

CFW TonyLomas C2.jpg

Below Bic44 overtakes H-VainOla (C2 Corvette) on the inside.

CFW HVainOla C2.jpg

CFW Racercad jag.jpg

Above the view of the Bic44 pass from the Racercad Jaguar E Type.

Next Round - Tokyo R246 - we still have a couple of vacancies so join us if you want more of the above!

Practicing -
Is there any problem with practicing on A Spec races?
I'm doing the International A event so I'm in Racing Hard tyres and I'm aware that the curbs and slipstreaming will be different online on Sunday.
Is there anything else? Is the physics any different?
I'd just like to earn a few credits whilst I practice the track.

I will do a couple of test runs online just to work out how long the tyres will last and learn the pit entrance.

P.S. I watched 'The Snake and the Stallion' last night. It's a good film. :)

Great shots Tony - can't believe that they are a first attempt!

On Sunday morning when I should have been practising for the race I was at a classic motorcycle show, which also featured quite a few three wheelers - this was my personal favourite - the driver (pilot) sits at the back and the passenger sits at the front - sorry I can't tell you the year or make.

Photo0151.jpg

Great shots Tony - can't believe that they are a first attempt!

On Sunday morning when I should have been practising for the race I was at a classic motorcycle show, which also featured quite a few three wheelers - this was my personal favourite - the driver (pilot) sits at the back and the passenger sits at the front - sorry I can't tell you the year or make.

View attachment 199735
This is an three-wheeler bike...

For who likes three-wheeler bikes, there is more 2 pictures as well! :D

Dan_Shirleys_three-wheeler_5-1-05.jpg

China_three_wheel_motorcycle2010881700133.jpg

Practicing -
Is there any problem with practicing on A Spec races?
Is there anything else? Is the physics any different?
I think this one got missed Tony.

It's fine to practice using A spec races. You can get used to the car and the track and while the AI isn't the greatest, at least you will have other cars on the road for you to get past. And yes you can earn credits.

However the online physics can be a little different - it's usually a bit slower (that's the best way I describe it). Lap times can be down on offline ones. I'm not sure if any of the others also think this?

It depends on the quality of the connection and also, I think, it is partly due the room quality slider setting, since this controls the speed & amount of the data sent over the network.
I find muting the mic (until required) during races helps a little - less data again.

So to sum up - Use the A spec for learning the track/car but, if you can, give it a quick try out online - just to perhaps give it a final tweak.

If I get a chance sometime during the week I'll maybe open a room for practice (I could with some ;)). All welcome!

Hi Smiley - yes, lots of news therefore difficult to find the car choices - for the new championships the car choices will be on page 1 of the thread so it should be easier.

Car Choices for Cobra Ferrari Wars - 460bhp maximum, 844kg minimum
Next round is 21 - you were due to use Jaguar E Type OR Ferrari 250 GT for rounds 19-21 and Shelby Cobra for rounds 22-24. If you haven't got a Ferrari 250 GT please don't buy one now - they are 7.5 million credits and it is not worth buying one for just one round - also you will need credits for the next championships which start in September. I am happy for you to start using the Shelby Cobra at round 21 and keep using it until the end of the championship round 24.

We will hopefully have two new drivers at round 20 - Edenknight (Emo's friend) and S Bridge. I am happy for them to start round 20 with their round 21-24 cars so for Edenknight it would be a Shelby Cobra and for S Bridge a Chevrolet Corvette C2 road car OR C2 race car.

Cobra Ferrari Wars Car Choice.jpg

New drivers will need a TVR V8S with a maximum tune - with an oil change it should reach 451bhp.

If you want to enter the Senna Tribute Race you will need a Senna Lotus 97T in standard, untuned condition, but with power limited to 800bhp. This car is a prize car if you achieve Silver or gold in the Senna challenge. I do not recommend that you buy this car because it is 3 million credits and you will need those credits for the next championships.

World Classic car choices - 315bhp maximum, 1160kg minimum

As per the table below the following drivers can use their final World Classic car from round 20-24.

SmileyWRX = Chevrolet Corvette C1

S Bridge = Pontiac GTO

EdenKnight = Shelby GT350

World Classic Car Choices.jpg

Many apologies to TonyLomas
for accidentally missing you off the above sheets (noticed by IfAndOr) - carry on with your current cars for round 21 and change cars as planned at round 22. I'm terribly sorry, but due to my advanced age I can't remember - perhaps you wouldn't mind posting up what you are using!

Last edited:
For the Cobra Ferrari wars, I'm in...
Corvette C2 for this round, then a Shelby Cobra for the next 3

For the World Classic Cars...
BMW 507 for this round, then the Shelby 350.

For the new (and returning) guys just a refresher from the previous posts to hopefully clarify the car choices ahead.

Cobra Ferrari wars. (460bhp maximum, 844kg minimum)

Tony Lomas & HVainOla - Cobra round 22-24
Benny(Bic) - Chevrolet Corvette C2 road OR C2 race car rd. 22-24
Bergele - Jaguar or Ferrari rd. 22-24
SmileyWRX & Edenknight- Cobra rd. 21-24
S Bridge (M Mallet JR) & emjayel - Chevrolet Corvette C2 road OR C2 race car. rd 21-24

BTH_pimiki54 - Corvette C2 rd. 21-24

World Classics. (315bhp maximum, 1160kg minimum)

Benny(Bic) - Shelby GT350 rd20-21 then BMW 507 rd. 22-24
Tony Lomas & HVainOla - Shelby GT350 rd. 22-24
Bergele - T.B.C.
SmileyWRX - Chevrolet Corvette C1 rd. 21 -24
S Bridge (M Mallet JR) - Pontiac GTO rd. 21 -24

EdenKnight & emjayel - Shelby GT350 rd. 21 -24
BTH_pimiki54 - Mercedes 300SL rd.21-24

Plus from rd. 21 to 24 a TVR V8S
with a maximum tune and a oil change - 451bhp

I suppose I should add -If you want to enter the Senna Tribute Race you will need a Senna Lotus 97T in standard, untuned condition, but with power limited to 800bhp.

I think that covers it!
I hope this helps and I hope I've got it correct. :boggled:

Last edited:
Back