CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

No cars. There's a bicycle, a lawn mower and a lot of other junk. There was just no space for the 250GTO, so I had to pass on it. :(
Maybe you could fit that tiny car Jeremy Clarkson drove around the BBC offices in your garage. The Ferrari 250 GTO is a bit overrated anyway

Ford Ferrari Wars New Poster.jpg
BSCC Poster.jpg
Caterham Cup Poster.jpg

New Championships coming soon!!!

Meet, greet and car test / check 7th September - Championship Racing starts 14th September

CAR AUDIT

Please let me know asap which cars you already have and which ones you are planning to buy - you don't need to have all your cars before the Championship starts. Also, if my information below is incorrect, please supply an update.

NB to have a chance of being the Champion of Category 1 you will need 3 of the 4 prototypes, but you can also enter Category 1 with 1 prototype and an alternative car such as Cobra Daytona Coupe, Cobtra 427 and Cobra Chromeline.

Ford Ferrari Wars - Category 1

Sick Cylinder - all prototypes
Lex Lathor - all prototypes
Emotional Rekz - all prototypes
SmileyWRX - all prototypes
Jbaffoh/Whispercrew - Ford, Jaguar, Ferrari
Racercad/TheJohnG - Ferrari, Chaparral, Daytona Coupe (Mountain Green)
Bergele/Cu3e - Ford, Chaparral, Daytona Coupe (Mountain Green)

Ford Ferrari Wars - Category 2
Flaco
BTH Pimiki54
Harsk - Daytona Coupe (Anniversary), Corvette C2 Race Car, Cobra
Maximusmonster - Daytona Coupe(Ann) Corvette C2 Race Car, Cobra or Art Morrison Corvette
IfAndOr - Daytona Coupe (Original), Corvette C2 Race Car, Art Morrison Corvette

All Other Racers
Please let me know if you will be competing in Category 1 or Category 2
Full details available by clicking on this link - refer to page 1:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-online-novices-and-old-hands-welcome.311494/

Last edited:
Nice pictures If! If my PS3 was in perfect condition, I could have participated in this round... I'm having an break to earn the money to fix my PS3.

That 1st picture (which is in black & white) combines better with WCR because in 1960's, the colours were black & white. In 1980's, it started to be in all colours. ;)

Harsk - Kodachrome colour film dates from 1935 and the rival Agfa colour film from 1936 (colour photography dates back to 1861). There are lots of colour photos of motor racing from the 1950's although often they are either faded or certain colours are too bright due to poor storage.

I agree that we associate black and white with the 1960's - this is probably because most people still had black and white TV sets.

Ford MK4 group.jpg

Here's a nice shot of the Ford Team taken in 1967. Wouldn't it be great if PD allowed us to change the race number and colour of the MK4 to match the actual cars shown above - plus please can we have the GT40 MK2's which won in 1966 and the MK2B's shown above!

PS - Great shots as always IfAndOr - we are very lucky to have you in our race series!

Race Report - Round 22 of 24 from Laguna Seca

A magnificent turn out with 14 racers and some close, yet clean battles throughout the field and the slightest mistake punished with a loss of places - the first few laps of the races were particularly intense - it would be great if we could get some video highlights up - if anyone has a friend who could produce brief, edited highlights, it would be nice to have a videographer as well as a photographer!

World Classic Cars (315bhp, 1160kg)
1st - BTHPimiki54 - Mercedes 300 SL
2nd - Lex Lathor - Pontiac GTO
3rd - Flaco - Corvette C2
4th - Emotional Rekz - Shelby GT350
5th - SmileyWRX - Corvette C1
6th - Bergele - Jaguar E Type

Six different makes of car in the first 6 places! Great driving by Pimiki again! I decided to do something a bit different this week - the story of the race in Shelby GT350's!

WC Slide 1.jpg

WC Slide 2.jpg

WC Slide 3.jpg

Cobra Ferrari Wars (460bhp, 844kg)
1st - SmileyWRX - Cobra
2nd - Flaco - Ferrari 250 GT
3rd - Lex Lathor - Ferrari 250 GTO
4th - HVainOla - Cobra
5th - IfAndOr - Cobra
6th - Kisko - Corvette C2 Race

Cobra is the class of the field in this category. Congratulations to SmileyWRX on a fine win!

CFW Slide 1.jpg
CFW Slide 2.jpg

One Make: TVR V8S - Max Tune (Tribute to the 1964 TVR Griffith 200)
1st - Flaco
2nd - BTHPimiki54
3rd - SmileyWRX
4th - Emotional Rekz
5th - Kisko
6th - HVainOla

Senna Tribute: Lotus 97T (untuned 800bhp)
1st - Flaco
2nd - Emotional Rekz
3rd - Lex Lathor
4th - Kisko
5th - SmileyWRX
6th - HVainOla

Last edited:
Harsk - Kodachrome colour film dates from 1935 and the rival Agfa colour film from 1936 (colour photography dates back to 1861). There are lots of colour photos of motor racing from the 1950's although often they are either faded or certain colours are too bright due to poor storage.

I agree that we associate black and white with the 1960's - this is probably because most people still had black and white TV sets.

View attachment 207155

Here's a nice shot of the Ford Team taken in 1967. Wouldn't it be great if PD allowed us to change the race number and colour of the MK4 to match the actual cars shown above - plus please can we have the GT40 MK2's which won in 1966 and the MK2B's shown above!

PS - Great shots as always IfAndOr - we are very lucky to have you in our race series!
Thanks Six - That's really an shame that we cannot change the colour and neither the number... Can only 1 person use the Mk IV? Is because Mk IV which is on GT6 has number #1 and #1 is for the champion (Is for Lex, in this case)...

In my country, in 1960's, I had black and white but I wasn't born in 1960's... When I was born, there was already all colours in TV like that we have today. These Fords on the pictures are really cute and if PD lets us to paint and change numbers of Mark IV, it will be great. But if they add the GT40 MK2, it will be better! But it will be better if PD gives us an Livery Editor because if we have an Livery Editor, we will be able, hopefully, change the colours, the logos and the numbers!

And I'm sorry for calling you "Six" as your name but the image represents the six cylinder engine.

Thanks Six - That's really an shame that we cannot change the colour and neither the number... Can only 1 person use the Mk IV? Is because Mk IV which is on GT6 has number #1 and #1 is for the champion (Is for Lex, in this case)...

In my country, in 1960's, I had black and white but I wasn't born in 1960's... When I was born, there was already all colours in TV like that we have today. These Fords on the pictures are really cute and if PD lets us to paint and change numbers of Mark IV, it will be great. But if they add the GT40 MK2, it will be better! But it will be better if PD gives us an Livery Editor because if we have an Livery Editor, we will be able, hopefully, change the colours, the logos and the numbers!

And I'm sorry for calling you "Six" as your name but the image represents the six cylinder engine.

The number 1 is only reserved for the reigning champion on cars on which the number can be changed. There will be more than one Ford MK4 - maybe about 6, but there will probably only be about 2 on track at the same time.

Oh dear. My PS3 has started Harsking. < A new word I've invented.
It's begun to overheat and shut down while playing GT6!

The fan has been spinning up to full speed for awhile now during the more graphically intensive games. I've taken it apart in the past and given it a good clean out and even had a desktop fan blowing over it in an attempt to keep it cool - it stands upright.

But last night an error message popped up for a second or so and the system shut down with 3 beeps and a flashing red light. It will restart and GT6 will load but I don't want to stress it out by running the game fully, possibly causing it not to start at all.

I'm going to have a go at another clean and possibly a repair (new thermal paste on the heat-sinks), but just to let you know that I probably won't be joining you this Sunday. And possibly beyond if the repair doesn't work!

I might have to scape some money together and buy another PS3. The trouble is that money could also be spent on a PS4. Although there seems to be the possibility of my Logitech G27 not working fully (if at all) on that system! Decisions decisions!

I ve had exactly the same problem few months ago

Have PS3 horizontaly and appart from other heat sources...

Took PS3 appart, cleaned with compressed air, new thermal paste to components and NO extra fans... the air flows to quick and all the required components cant be cooled properly.
Plus take a look at the power supply if all the condensators caps are ok - not blown..if so they are very cheap and easy to change.

Now everything ok, PS3 working and 40%-50% more quiet

Oh dear. My PS3 has started Harsking. < A new word I've invented.
It's begun to overheat and shut down while playing GT6!

The fan has been spinning up to full speed for awhile now during the more graphically intensive games. I've taken it apart in the past and given it a good clean out and even had a desktop fan blowing over it in an attempt to keep it cool - it stands upright.

But last night an error message popped up for a second or so and the system shut down with 3 beeps and a flashing red light. It will restart and GT6 will load but I don't want to stress it out by running the game fully, possibly causing it not to start at all.

I'm going to have a go at another clean and possibly a repair (new thermal paste on the heat-sinks), but just to let you know that I probably won't be joining you this Sunday. And possibly beyond if the repair doesn't work!

I might have to scape some money together and buy another PS3. The trouble is that money could also be spent on a PS4. Although there seems to be the possibility of my Logitech G27 not working fully (if at all) on that system! Decisions decisions!
Lol IfAndOr, that Harsking word I was going to invent, but it is good anyway... I feel sorry for your sick PS3. Good luck with buying your PS3/4.

Anyways, at April 17th, PS3 started to be sick and while I was practsing with my Mercedes C63 AMG on Tokyo, PS3 has shut down with 3 beeps. Next day, I was driving the Genesis 3.8 Track in same track as C63 and my PS3 has shut down. In April 20th, I was going to race with you in Brands Hatch Grand Prix but while I was going to race, my PS3 has shut off again... I'm very tired of this problem.... Because if ruins my gameplay of GT6! And it also ruins my videos of parts of GT6! Moreover, I also recorded several video clips of 393 parts.

My PS3 was in horizontal standing:
580b8c6e524211ce10fcdde20de7b413.jpg

I purchased it in Summer 2009 as a gift for gradulating myself to 8th year grade on school along with GT5 Prologue and Singstar ABBA version. I purchased it because of GT5 which would contain more cars than GT4. In Christmas of 2009, I got GTA IV for PS3.
In Christmas 2010, I got my hands on GT5 (normal version) and my first impression was "Uau!"... I also got GTA IV: The Episodes from Liberty City. In Christmas 2011, I got NFS Most Wanted 2.
In my birthday of 2012, I got Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed; and in my birthday of this year I recieved an Vancouver 2010 which is an Ice Skis game. I actually I never had an chance to play with it because my mind just had the eyes for GT6. But I'll do LP of Vancouver one day; I also have an Youtube Channel named Harsk100. I got several videos of GT's. But I have more games like GTA San Andreas, for example! :D

And I'm sorry for missing your meetings, my PS3 is sick... I'm trying everything I can... I want to open my PS3 to do the redball trick but my parents say that it will not work, so only way is to send it to an supermarket or then to Sony to fix it... But I'm also afraid to lose my savegame as 95% is completed, as I have a lot of cars and as a new PS3 cannot use an game data from an old PS3.

Last edited:
@Harsk100 you can upload and backup your save with PlaystationPlus. Not sure, but maybe also possible to backup to a memory stick. Never tried that.

You could also ask around if there are electric shops or individuals around that could do stuff like that *cough*modders*cough*

Yes you can save various savegames to the USB stick ....just like photos and video replays. I use that method... and have backup on the USB stick and PC..

Plus take a look at the power supply if all the condensators caps are ok - not blown..if so they are very cheap and easy to change.
Good idea. I'll have a look at them as well. I had to replace them on a Sky satellite box I once had.

I've been watching YouTube videos about PS3 repairs! There's plenty on there.

Yes, I've backed up my save games to a couple of sticks - just in case.

Yes you can save various savegames to the USB stick ....just like photos and video replays. I use that method... and have backup on the USB stick and PC..
Yes we can copy savegames to USB stick like the photos and video replays but not the Game data which the game was installed.

Yes we can copy savegames to USB stick like the photos and video replays but not the Game data which the game was installed.

To do a full system backup (this will basically copy ALL of the photos, music, videos and game save files and settings on the PS3 to a backup folder; you will need to have an external usb harddrive or thumbdrive w/enough space on it).

In the XMB, go to System
Go to Settings > System Settings > Backup Utility
Then choose Back Up
Finally, pick the device to backup too (memory stick, usb harddrive, etc).

To do a full system backup (this will basically copy ALL of the photos, music, videos and game save files and settings on the PS3 to a backup folder; you will need to have an external usb harddrive or thumbdrive w/enough space on it).

In the XMB, go to System
Go to Settings > System Settings > Backup Utility
Then choose Back Up
Finally, pick the device to backup too (memory stick, usb harddrive, etc).
Thanke but I got one question: I heard that game datas (not savegames) from old PS3 cannot be used in a new PS3. Is it true that we cannot do that?

As far as i know reinstall the game or new install on new ps3, download all data required, upload savegame and done.. Game data is not usually related with user game progress, more with the game..(possible game settings - controls, video options, etc...), all the trophies are auto uploaded online -> Sony so...see no problems.

Sorry Sick bit off topic... end and out now :)

Sorry Sick bit off topic... end and out now :)
Yes sorry Sick, look at what I started. :lol:

Update - I've been Ebaying and I'm thinking of buying a new (or nearly new) PS3 super slim. They are not to bad a price on there. I'll then probably have a go at repairing my old console and if successful maybe sell it and recoup some money. Or buy a cheap used third one and have triple screens. :mischievous:

This seems to make more economic sense than the PS4 route - It's more expensive. I wouldn't have any games for it. There's not any racing titles out for it. My G27 might not work with it - can't afford a new wheel as well as a console! AND I wouldn't have any Sunday racing!! 👎
The PS4 is going to drop in price eventually anyway and the wheel problem might be sorted out by then. GT7 and Project Cars may also be out, so that's the time to have a rethink.

There's also the PC route, but I've been down there in the past and it's a bit of a money pit - component upgrades etc. Consoles are so much easier - pity there's less racing software choice though.

So to conclude, I'm still probably not going to be there this weekend, but hopefully I won't be away for too long.

Right, back to the Classics......

Yes sorry Sick, look at what I started. :lol:

Update - I've been Ebaying and I'm thinking of buying a new (or nearly new) PS3 super slim. They are not to bad a price on there. I'll then probably have a go at repairing my old console and if successful maybe sell it and recoup some money. Or buy a cheap used third one and have triple screens. :mischievous:

This seems to make more economic sense than the PS4 route - It's more expensive. I wouldn't have any games for it. There's not any racing titles out for it. My G27 might not work with it - can't afford a new wheel as well as a console! AND I wouldn't have any Sunday racing!! 👎
The PS4 is going to drop in price eventually anyway and the wheel problem might be sorted out by then. GT7 and Project Cars may also be out, so that's the time to have a rethink.

There's also the PC route, but I've been down there in the past and it's a bit of a money pit - component upgrades etc. Consoles are so much easier - pity there's less racing software choice though.

So to conclude, I'm still probably not going to be there this weekend, but hopefully I won't be away for too long.

Right, back to the Classics......

Good luck with the PS3 IfAndOr and Harsk - I am dreading that one day my PS3 might fail - it's useful to have the info on what to do. Try to get back by 7th September or 14th September at the latest.

A REMINDER - Sunday 24th is Mount Panorama
Recent updates are supposed to have fixed the online problems with Mount Panorama therefore we are using that track not Matterhorn Dristelen.

INFORMATION - for Racers and Readers
roadracers Hell on Wheels.jpg

If your Online Experience has been Hell on Wheels

Try GTP CLASSIX Club

GTP Classix Club.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-no-membership-necessary-hosts-wanted.314899/

Last edited:
Is there a list of numbers in use?

My first choice would be 69, second choice 59.
Hi Jbaffoh (Whisper). Welcome back.👍

I think Emotional Rekz is using number 69 (blue 350gt in my pictures above), don't think anyone is using 59. (I know Sick's is 58)

Now you be careful with my cars choices. I don't want them back all scratched and dented. :D

Have fun & good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Jbaffoh (Whisper). Welcome back.👍

I think Emotional Rekz is using number 69 (blue 350gt in my pictures above), don't think anyone is using 59. (I know Sick's is 58)

Now you be careful with my cars choices. I don't want them back all scratched and dented. :D

Have fun & good luck.

Yes - 69 is in use by Emotional Rekz. 59 isn't in use also the only single digit numbers taken are 1 and 8 - they always look good because you end up with a bigger number image. 11, 33, 55, 66 and 88 (two fat ladies!) are also available - they look good and are easily identifiable!

A number list will be posted on page one of the new championship thread with the list of racers

Latest Posts

Back