CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

Thanks very much IfAndOr - nice and clear post.

Please note: S Bridge has 2 PSN names due to 2 locations - S Bridge and M Mallet JR (added by edit)

Just a quick reminder to anybody using a Cobra to remove the front and rear bumpers / bright work -it makes them look a lot more racy with bumpers off.

Also - if you have a Shelby GT350 remember to remove the bumpers - makes it look like a real race car.

Finally don't forget to put your favourite race number on the cars if you can - preferably Type A font A as this looks the most like numbers actually used in the 1960's.

I will do a list of the race numbers following Sundays meeting and will make sure that it is included with other key information such as car choices on page 1 of the new championship thread.

I am pleased to say that we now appear to be up to 15 racers +Harsk (if his PS3 is ok). Hopefully we can finish this championship and start the next with a full complement of drivers.

Last edited:
Well, now I'm broke. This is why. Took me months to get that. Maybe I will be able to race it sometime
(my first attempt at a pic so it is maybe not the best)

Jag 014.jpg

Well, now I'm broke. This is why. Took me months to get that. Maybe I will be able to race it sometime.

Looks beautiful Benny44 - race it in the next championship in Category 1 of the "Ford Ferrari Wars" - we are using them untuned.

Chaparral 2D is 3.75m so as the cheapest of the 1960's Sports Car Prototypes is the logical next car to get. For the best chance of success you would need another of the 20m cars, but you can use the Cobra Daytona Coupe, Ford GT40 road car or your Cobra if you can't afford one.

The Category 1 cars are expensive and I would like to have as many people as possible in that group (Harsk and Flaco have indicated that they will race in Category 2). In a couple of weeks I will do a car audit of racers and try to schedule the car choices so that people start with their best cars and therefore have plenty of time to buy any other cars that they need.

Last edited:
Hello Sick
sorry for late respond.... :)

Thank you for all informations.

Classics - Chevrolet Corvette C1
Cobra wars - Cobra
TVR V8S

What about racing numbers?

Thanks Ifandor for quick info.👍 helpfull.
Yes it was a project to read all the news and posts.

In september will start race series with another PSN profile... have required cars there.

See you all tommorow classics racers :cheers:

Hello Sick
sorry for late respond.... :)

Thank you for all informations.

Classics - Chevrolet Corvette C1
Cobra wars - Cobra
TVR V8S

Thanks Ifandor for quick info.👍 helpfull.
Yes it was a project to read all the news and posts.

In september will start race series with another PSN profile... have required cars there.

See you all tommorow classics racers :cheers:

Great to have you back SmileyWRX!

Please fit racing numbers to your cars if you can using Type A, Font A

The following numbers are already in use:

Champion = 1
IfAndOr = 8
Flaco = 13
Edenknight / Emjayel = 18
HVainOla = 21
TonyLomas = 22
Kisko = 24
Emotional Rekz = 27?
Bergele = 33
Maximusmonster = 41
Bic / Benny = 44
BTHPimiki54 = 54
Sick Cylinder = 58
Racercad / TheJohnG = 67
Lex Lathor = 78
Harsk = 96

I am not sure of the numbers for the following people (many apologies if you have already told me - it is difficult to keep track of, but in future this will be on page 1 of our championship threads)

S Bridge / M Mallet JR
SmileyWRX

Note - I have made some changes to the car choice options for category 1 in order to enable people to race on a lower budget. Also some changes to colour guidance to help with identification of category. A speed guide has been added to help you choose cars.

It's time for everyone to start thinking about the cars they will need for the next set of championships which start with a test day on 7th September with racing proper on 14th September. I will repeat this part of the post from time to time over the coming weeks.

Historic BSCC: Mini Cooper 1.3i 1998 (18,320), Renault 8 Gordini 1966 (50,000), Buick Special (725,000) - Tune to 315bhp max, 640kg min

Caterham Cup: Caterham Seven Fireblade 2002 (60,000) - Max Tune

Ford Ferrari Wars (Historic Le Mans Sports Cars) - untuned (tuning prohibited)

To make it easier for people to compete we are allowing anniversary cars (Cobra Daytona Coupe and Ford GT40) which some people got free with the game and we have split the cars into Category 1 (Fast, but expensive) and Category 2 (Slower and harder to drive, but cheaper). I have tested all the cars and if anyone wants advice on which cars to buy and which category to race in please send me a conversation message via GT Planet.

Category 1 Cars Final 4.jpg

Category 1 Options - choose 1, 2 or 3 out of 4 according to your budget

Chaparral 2D 1967
(3.75m) Completed 111 laps of Le Mans before mechanical failure
Ferrari 330 P4 1967 (20m) Winner of World Sports Car Championship 1967
Jaguar XJ13 1966 (20m) Never raced (Chromeline also accepted if it has already been purchased)
Ford MK4 1967 (20m) Le Mans winner 1967

Category 1 Extra Cars Final.jpg

Lower Cost Options - choose 0, 1 or 2 out of 4 according to your budget (Anniversary versions also allowed)

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 1964 (4.5m) Le Mans class winner 1964, World Sports Car Championship Winner 1965 (Paint Mountain Green to simulate AC A98 Coupe - completed 88 laps of 1964 Le Mans before accident)
Ford GT40 Mark 1 1966 (2.8m) Road car homologation special - race version won le Mans in 1968 and 1969 (Paint gloss black to aid identification - NB in 1966 a GT40 MK2 won in gloss black driven by Bruce Mclaren and Chris Amon)
Shelby Cobra 427 1966 (530,550) Mountain Green to simulate AC Cobra Le Mans class winner 1963
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line (610,000) Mountain Green to simulate AC Cobra Le Mans class winner 1963

NB Mountain Green paint is obtained by purchasing a Chevrolet El Camino in mountain green.

OR
Category 2 Cars Choose 3 of 6.jpg

Category 2 Options - choose 3 out of 6
- (Anniversary cars also allowed)
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line (610,000) solid colour with chrome stripes (not yellow, black or mountain green)
Shelby Cobra 427 1966 (530,550) Striped or solid colour (not yellow, black or mountain green)
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 1964 (4.5m) Le Mans class winner 1964, World Sports Car Championship Winner 1965 - original colour or anniversary model
Art Morrison Corvette 1960 (725,000) - Chevrolet Corvette Le Mans class winner 1960 - White
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car 1963 (750,000) - original colour
Ford GT40 Mark 1 1966 (2.8m) Road car homologation special - race version won le Mans in 1968 and 1969 (Paint yellow to aid identification) or anniversary model

Speed Guide - Category 1

Category 1 - to be competitive against multiple champion Lex Lathor you will need to be a very good driver with deep pockets and to choose any 3 of the 4 prototype cars - they were all equally fast in testing. Many of us however are not racing with a realistic chance of becoming champion of category 1 - this guidance is for you:
The Cobra Daytona Coupe is the fastest of the alternative cars. The two Cobras and the Ford GT40 turn similar lap times, but are slower than the Cobra Coupe (Note - the GT40 needs Sports Soft front tyres if it has Race Hard rear tyres when on the standard settings that we are using.

Speed Guide - Category 2

Category 2 - to be competitive against the very rapid Harsk (hopefully he has a new or repaired PS3) you will need to be a very good driver. The following guidance is to help you choose your cars if you are planning to race in Category 2.
Fastest Car = Cobra Daytona Coupe
Second fastest car = Chevrolet Corvette C2 Race Car (629bhp with oil change) - very fast, but difficult to control - one for expert drivers as it requires constant adjustment of brake and throttle on corner entry.
Next fastest cars = both Cobras and the Ford GT40. Chromeline Cobra has extra gear, less weight and more power than normal Cobra, but less grip so produces the same lap times. Ford GT40 needs Sports Soft tyres on the front if using Race Hard rear tyres on standard settings as we are doing.
Art Morrison Corvette - slower than the other cars in normal hands - one for expert drivers as on standard settings it runs wide on corners.

Ford Ferrari Wars Car Choices Final 100814.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if Emo keeps up to date with the thread. But if I remember correctly, his number from last year was 27.

Sorry to be a pain can I drop the 2? That is change mine from number 28 to number 8. (There's quite a lot of 20's)

Syracuse_1.jpg

I have been saving up. I am up to 10 million. I want to get the Mark IV...

Chaparral 2D is the best value of the 4 1960's Prototypes at 3.75m - just be careful not to hit kerbs while cornering - it is light and has a lot of grip so sometimes turns upside down!

Chaparral 2D is the best value of the 4 1960's Prototypes at 3.75m - just be careful not to hit kerbs while cornering - it is light and has a lot of grip so sometimes turns upside down!

Yea, kinda like to have the Ford anyway but might have to keep that thought as a backup plan.

I cannot stand the Red Bull so it is Nascar and Like the Wind grinding...

I am bit lost what I should have. So basically I can choose to skip category 1 altogether, pick a couplw from category and at least 4 in the last... Total 6 cars or?

I have the Anniversary cars so might use the Ford GT option from there...

@Cu3e & Others

Ford Ferrari Wars (Historic Le Mans Sports Cars) - tuning prohibited.

Depending if you want to race in category 1 (expensive) or 2 (cheaper), I believe it goes like this...

Category 1 - Depending on your budget.
Choose 1 from the top and 2 from the bottom
Or Choose 2 from the top and 1 from the bottom
Or Choose 3 from the top.

Top=Chaparral 2D, Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, Ford MK4.

Bottom=Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, Ford GT40 Mark 1, Shelby Cobra 427, Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line

Category 2
Choose 3 cars from the selection - again depending on your budget.
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line
Shelby Cobra 427
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
Art Morrison Corvette
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car
Ford GT40 Mark 1
(Anniversary cars also allowed)

So you need to choose which category you'd like to race in and then pick 3 cars from that class.

Plus...

Historic BSCC:
Mini Cooper 1.3i 1998 (18,320),
Renault 8 Gordini 1966 (50,000),
Buick Special (725,000)

Tune all to 315bhp max, 640kg min

Caterham Cup:

Caterham Seven Fireblade 2002 (60,000) - Max Tune

** Please see Sick's main post above for details of the cars, colours, etc.**

Hope that helps. 👍

Let me know if it's wrong Sick and I'll edit it accordingly.

Last edited:
So I can use my XJ13 in Cobra Ferrari wars instead of my Cobra? And in just one of the races if I understand correctly? If I could I would like to race it as late as possible tomorrow as I probably won't be back in time for the first race or two. If not, it's fine, I'll race my other cars. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Ah, no @Benny44

The posts above are advertising the upcoming Ford Ferrari (LeMans) wars, starting in September.
You can certainly use your XJ13 then - but not in the current series.

5 weeks to wait. Plenty of time for some practice in it. :)

Ah...I am a little slow sometimes. But I love driving it. I can't bring myself to paint it to match my other racers though. It doesn't look right with anything other than that green, which doesn't have a name and is not on my paints list :-)
Edit: it is definitely NOT in my paint list, I went through all of them. So once you paint this car it doesn't appear you can return it to the original color. Unless, of course, you buy another one. I'm not sure if maybe the other 20 million dollar cars are the same, but just thought I'd let everyone know just in case

Last edited:
Ah...I am a little slow sometimes. But I love driving it. I can't bring myself to paint it to match my other racers though. It doesn't look right with anything other than that green, which doesn't have a name and is not on my paints list :-)
Edit: it is definitely NOT in my paint list, I went through all of them. So once you paint this car it doesn't appear you can return it to the original color. Unless, of course, you buy another one. I'm not sure if maybe the other 20 million dollar cars are the same, but just thought I'd let everyone know just in case

Hi Benny - Please don't paint the Jaguar XJ13 - it was only ever made in that colour therefore in the interests of realism please keep it original.

The "Ford Ferrari Wars" specifies colours for the cars based on famous original racers and also ease of identification so for example:

Art Morrison Corvette - White to recreate the team of three Briggs Cunningham cars which entered Le Mans in 1960 - it won its class and came 8th overall in the hands of John Fitch and Bob Grossman. Amazingly all 3 Le Mans cars were shipped back to the USA after the race, returned to showroom condition and sold off dealer forecourts as "one careful owner cars!". One was rediscovered and restored to original race condition in recent years and driven again in a parade at Le Mans by original driver John Fitch. Sadly PD wont let us put race numbers on this car so if we have multiple people wanting to drive it at the same time (which we probably wont as it is a difficult car in standard trim) I will let people know whether to paint the wheels - the original cars had different colour headlamp covers (red, yellow or blue) so that they could be identified from the front from a distance.

Cobra Daytona Coupe (Category 1) is Mountain Green to recreate the AC A98 Cobra Coupe which competed in 1964, but crashed out of the race when being driven by Peter Bolton (other driver was "Gentleman" Jack Sears.

Cobras (Category 1) are Mountain Green to recreate the AC Cobra MK2 which competed in 1963 and won its class in the hands of Ninian Sanderson and Peter Bolton.

Cobra Daytona Coupe (Category 2) are original colour to commemorate the cars entered in the 1964 Le Mans and the model which won its class in the hands of Dan Gurney and Bob Bondurant.

Ford GT40 colours gloss black (Category 1) and yellow (category 2) have been chosen to aid identification (they aren't in use on other cars) and as they create a rich colour palette for photographs.

The following cars can't be painted as set by PD - Ford MK4, Ferrari 330 P4, Chaparral 2D, Corvette C2 Race Car.

If you are racing a Cobra or Cobra Coupe in Category 1 you will need Mountain Green paint - this is obtained by purchasing a Chevrolet El Camino in Mountain Green - NB you will be using this car in the Cobra Coupe Shootout which starts in 2015.

PS - I have updated the table of cars and added it to the Ford Ferrari wars thread and also to the relevant post earlier on this page.

Last edited:
I want to start the Category 2 in a Cobra Daytona but will the drivers start depending on the finishing positions, right? I'm planning to stay on 13th or 16th on CFW so I can start with Cobra Daytona...

I want to start the Category 2 in a Cobra Daytona but will the drivers start depending on the finishing positions, right? I'm planning to stay on 13th or 16th on CFW so I can start with Cobra Daytona...

That was the original plan Harsk and I will try to do that, but the increase in the number of cars makes that tricky. I will also try to ensure that people can start with good cars, but will also have to bear in mind ensuring that there is a wide variety of cars on the track for all 15 rounds of the championship.

I will be doing an audit of cars - asking all racers which cars they already have and which they are planning to buy in the future so that they can if necessary buy some of the cars after the championship has started. We have to be flexible because the cars are expensive and I want to get the best possible attendance as I think that with a full grid this could be a very exciting series with a lot of overtaking - because we are running these cars untuned and the races will be longer than our previous races, I am expecting lots of overtaking including lapping - the category 1 cars have much better brakes as they are prototypes whereas some of the Category 2 cars have road brakes so we should see overtakes on the way into corners - it would be good if you or others could do some video highlights as there should be some spectacular action.

That was the original plan Harsk and I will try to do that, but the increase in the number of cars makes that tricky. I will also try to ensure that people can start with good cars, but will also have to bear in mind ensuring that there is a wide variety of cars on the track for all 15 rounds of the championship.

I will be doing an audit of cars - asking all racers which cars they already have and which they are planning to buy in the future so that they can if necessary buy some of the cars after the championship has started. We have to be flexible because the cars are expensive and I want to get the best possible attendance as I think that with a full grid this could be a very exciting series with a lot of overtaking - because we are running these cars untuned and the races will be longer than our previous races, I am expecting lots of overtaking including lapping - the category 1 cars have much better brakes as they are prototypes whereas some of the Category 2 cars have road brakes so we should see overtakes on the way into corners - it would be good if you or others could do some video highlights as there should be some spectacular action.
Yes, I can do video highlights but I have to record the replay first because I'm pretending to give highlights to all participants which have been in all rounds. But in Willow Springs I didn't see the Makovicz (he was the winner but in my screen, Lex won), Brands Hatch (in WCR, I thought that I've won but the time limit came before I crossed the finish line. I actually finished 2nd place behind Lex) and the Trial Mountain (same situation as BH)

Audit of cars will be an great idea for who don't want to drive an car which was left for him, so it's better to do an audit of cars because if we do that, the drivers will drive the car that they like and not get lumbered with it. Anyways, I also could start with an GT40 or Corvette. If the new drivers are starting the Cobra Daytona, then they're free to start with it, because I don't mind if they do it.

Race Report - Round 21 - Tokyo R246

First - a warm welcome to new racers BTHPimiki54 and Emjayel and a warm welcome back to SmileyWRX - great results and driving from all of them!

World Classics: World Classic Cars at 315bhp and 1160kg
1st - BTHPimiki54 - Mercedes 300SL
2nd - Kisko78 - Shelby GT350
3rd - Lex Lathor - C2 Corvette
4th - Flaco- BMW 507

Cobra Ferrari Wars: Classic GT Cars at 460bhp and 844kg
1st - Flaco- Cobra
2nd - Kisko78 - Cobra
3rd - BTHPimiki54 - C2 Corvette Race Car
4th - SmileyWRX - Cobra

One Make Series: TVR V8S Max Tune (Tribute to 1964 TVR Griffith 200)
1st - Kisko78
2nd - Flaco
3rd - SmileyWRX
4th - Emotional Rekz

Senna Tribute: Lotus 97T limited to 800bhp
1st - Emotional Rekz
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - SmileyWRX
4th - BTHPimiki54

The revised timing programme worked well today - we got started on time and ran the first race as a 10 minute sprint and the other races were 15 minutes. If we are running behind schedule the final race will be shortened to 10 minutes.

Apologies to everyone for messing up my braking point in the final race - I got a good start and made up a few places, but messed up the stopping.

Next Sunday 17th August Round 22 of 24 is from Laguna Seca at 17:00BST

If you are interested in joining we are currently almost full, just send an FR to Sick_Cylinder

Added by edit 13th August - sadly I have had to delete the Ford GT40 Road Car from the list of cars in the next championship as further testing has revealed PD programming faults with the behaviour of this car when leaving the pits - it does not start accelerating until after the other cars (at Brands Hatch the Ford is still doing 15mph when the other cars are at 94mph and at Willow Springs it does not start accelerating until half a mile after exiting the pits!

The "Ford Ferrari Wars" thread has been updated as appropriate.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-online-novices-and-old-hands-welcome.311494/

Last edited:
17th August - Laguna Seca - be careful on pit entry - slow right down and don't hit wall otherwise it slows down your pitstop.

24th August - Mount Panorama - supposedly bugs fixed by PD in the recent updates so this track replaces Matterhorn.

31st August - Indy Road - Round 24 of 24

07th September - Meet, Greet and Test - Bring your new cars for the new championships which start on 14th September (don't worry if you haven't bought them all by 7th September - you can buy some later). Full car details on this thread link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-online-novices-and-old-hands-welcome.311494/

Please note the classic thread will close following round 24. After that round I would be grateful if as many racers as possible could post brief feedback on the thread on things such as the cars, tracks, matchups etc so that we can improve future championships.

Last edited:
And now for something a little different!

I stopped getting notifications for this thread
Since I have occasionally had this problem, I did a bit of research and found this from Jordan.

==================================================================
(There's) a misunderstanding of how the post alerts work.

You will receive only one alert for a thread you're subscribed to until you view that thread. If you ignore the alert and do not view the thread, you will receive no further alerts for new posts within it. You'll only receive further notifications from the thread once you've viewed it again.

I would recommend using the Watched Threads page to keep a closer eye on topics that you want to keep a very close eye on. Threads you haven't visited will appear in bold text.

This is designed to prevent you from being overwhelmed with alerts to highly active threads, and to keep you from being annoyed with alerts by older threads you may no longer have much interest in. Therefore, I don't think the Alerts system should be used as a reliable way to always be notified of new posts to a thread, unless you're prepared to review your full Latest Alerts log (available by clicking the "Alerts" link).
=========================================================================================

I found this helpful and it explains why I sometimes miss a new post on a thread. Hope this helps others.

And now for something a little different!

Since I have occasionally had this problem, I did a bit of research and found this from Jordan.

==================================================================
(There's) a misunderstanding of how the post alerts work.

You will receive only one alert for a thread you're subscribed to until you view that thread. If you ignore the alert and do not view the thread, you will receive no further alerts for new posts within it. You'll only receive further notifications from the thread once you've viewed it again.

I would recommend using the Watched Threads page to keep a closer eye on topics that you want to keep a very close eye on. Threads you haven't visited will appear in bold text.

This is designed to prevent you from being overwhelmed with alerts to highly active threads, and to keep you from being annoyed with alerts by older threads you may no longer have much interest in. Therefore, I don't think the Alerts system should be used as a reliable way to always be notified of new posts to a thread, unless you're prepared to review your full Latest Alerts log (available by clicking the "Alerts" link).
=========================================================================================

I found this helpful and it explains why I sometimes miss a new post on a thread. Hope this helps others.
I always recieve alerts and I always see the alerts. :) 👍

Yea, I use mobile often. I usually click through all the alerts but maybe once in a while I save some reading for later when I am on my laptop. I wonder if that is the reason.

Latest Posts

Back