CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

World Classic Car Selection Table for Rounds 1 - 24
All Drivers please use the following table to help you select your cars for future rounds, NB you will use a different car for each group of rounds so over the course of a full 24 rounds all drivers will have raced in each type of car.

IMPORTANT: to save cluttering up this thread please tell me your car selection by using the GTPlanet conversation facility. To date I have the round 4-6 car choices from Harsk, Flaco, Lex, Kisko, Whisper and Rehdogg.

GT6 Classic Championship Tables.jpg

My entry for Europa:
Colour: Pistachio
Rims: American Wire

My entry for 507:
Colour: Blue
Rims: Classic Wire

GT6 Lotus Europa Special Tuning .jpg

Arrakis Speedshop based tune -207 bhp, 690 kg
Note: because of the different handling characteristics of the Lotus Europa from the FR cars, the one make event will be held last in rounds 4-6 (we will start those rounds with the World Classic Cars, then Cobra v Corvette, then Lotus).

Racing Hard Tyres

Suspension Fully Custom
Ride Height 75 / 101
Spring Rate 4.60 / 6.25
Dampers Compression 2 / 3
Dampers Extension 3 / 4
Anti-roll Bars 4 / 2
Camber Angle 0 / 0
Toe Angle 0.02 / 0.03

Racing Brake Kit 3 / 2

Transmission - Fully Custom set to preference and track

Triple plate clutch
Custom LSD 11 / 14 / 21

Power - limit to 207 bhp
Engine Tuning - Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Ballast 41 Position -50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet Colour
Window Weight Reduction

GT6 Lotus Europa Colour Choices.jpg

IMPORTANT: British Summer Time (BST)
On Sunday British time changes from GMT to BST which is one hour earlier. Sunday race meetings will be held at 17:00 BST not GMT - if your country has not changed its time it will mean that the meetings now take place one hour earlier than before

Last edited:
Yes I was following you and there was certainly a lot of tire smoke in front of us. In the lap 10 incident all I could see was smoke and cars flying everywhere. I aimed for the
View attachment 133995

To be inserted: tuning sheet

View attachment 133996

On Sunday British time changes from GMT to BST which is one hour earlier. Sunday race meetings will be held at 17:00 BST not GMT - if your country has not changed its time it will mean that the meetings now take place one hour earlier than before
So it will start at 16:00 GMT/UTC?

View attachment 133995

Arrakis Speedshop based tune -207 bhp, 690 kg
Note: because of the different handling characteristics of the Lotus Europa from the FR cars, the one make event will be held last in rounds 4-6 (we will start those rounds with the World Classic Cars, then Cobra v Corvette, then Lotus).

Racing Hard Tyres

Suspension Fully Custom
Ride Height 75 / 101
Spring Rate 4.60 / 6.25
Dampers Compression 2 / 3
Dampers Extension 3 / 4
Anti-roll Bars 4 / 2
Camber Angle 0 / 0
Toe Angle 0.02 / 0.03

Racing Brake Kit 3 / 2

Transmission - Fully Custom set to preference and track

Triple plate clutch
Custom LSD 11 / 14 / 21

Power - limit to 207 bhp
Engine Tuning - Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Ballast 41 Position -50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet Colour
Window Weight Reduction

View attachment 133996

But in my country will start at 17:00. Click here.

Hi everyone, here's my choices: (pending approval)

Shelby Cobra - White/Racing Stripes, Classic Wire Knock-off Plain
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO - Silvermist Gray, Classic Steel Smooth

For Rounds 4-6:

Shelby GT350 - Highland Green Mika, Enkei 5spoke
Art Morrison Corvette - Ipanema Sand, Classic Steel Smooth

Thanks!

Well, that was fun! My Art Morrison was handling well until I left the track three times at the end of lap 4, and plummeted from 2nd to 6th. Then three more off-track penalties thwarted any chance for a comeback. I guess the key is to stay on the course!!!

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg

Lap One: (right to left) Flaco__13, LexLathor, Whisper_Crew, Zulu Wraith.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

The '63 bobbled momentarily in the race for third, and Whisper_Crew's '54 left behind an Emotional-Rekz.

Last edited:
My first pick for Lotus colors would be Lotus Yellow. Second would be Colorado Orange, or Roman Purple.

May I keep my Ferrari 250 GT in its original Rossa?

My Cobra is currently Guardsman Blue with white stripes. I could change it if needed.

I have good tunes for the '54 Vette and Art Morrison if anyone is interested.

I'm SOOOOO glad to get rid of my '59 Vette Concept!

Last edited:
Race Report - Laguna Seca - Chevrolet Corvette Racer Concept 1959

1st Lex Lathor
2nd Harsk
3rd Sick Cylinder

Good racing, but sadly lots of connection problems today. Below 1959 Corvette racers start racing.

Corvette racers start.jpg

One Make Championship Table.jpg

Harsk tops the table with Flaco and Lex Lathor tied on points in second place.

For Rounds 4-6 all drivers will use the Lotus Europa Special at 690kg 207bhp

Last edited:
Race Report - Laguna Seca - World Classic Cars

1st Lex Lathor - BMW 507 1957
2nd Flaco - Mercedes Benz 300 SL 1954
3rd Whisper Crew - Corvette C1 1954

Sick GTO.jpg

Above Sick's GTO chased by Birdseed's E Type Jaguar. Below Whisper C1 chased by Zulu GTO.

Whisper C1 then Zulu GTO.jpg
Flaco 300SL.jpg

Some of the classic cars were enhanced with wire wheels: above Flaco 300 SL, below Emo Corvette C2.

Emo C2.jpg

World Classics Championship Table.jpg

Harsk had connection problems. Lex lathor top with Harsk and Flaco tied on points for joint second place.

For Round 4-6 all drivers will race a different type of classic

Last edited:
Race Report - Laguna Seca - Cobra v Corvette

1st Flaco - Cobra
2nd Lex Lathor - Cobra
3rd Emotional Rekz - Corvette

ZuluWraith Cobra at the Corkscrew looked great with a nice choice of driver clothing.

ZuluWraith Cobra.jpg
Whisper leads lex.jpg

Lex in blue Cobra outbraked himself in an effort to pass Flaco's grey Cobra; Whisper in gun metal Corvette slipped through and Lex slipped to third and a fresh battle. For several laps Corvette and Cobra battled.

Lex tries inside on Whisper.jpg

Eventually the Corvette lost control and the Cobra slipped through to make it a Cobra one, two, Corvette three and four. Below, not a careless Whisper, but a recalcitrant Corvette.
Whisper spins followed by Lex.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_11.jpg

Above, the top placed Corvettes of Whisper and Emo in the pits. Below, Flaco Cobra wins!

Flaco wins.jpg

Cobra v Corvette Championship Table.jpg

Lex Lathor leads with Flaco second and Harsk, who suffered connection problems third. In the manufacturers tables below, BMW now heads Shelby in World Classics and Cobra has moved back ahead of Corvette.

Manufacturers Championship Table.jpg

For Rounds 4-6 the Cobra drivers switch to Art Morrison Corvettes, while the Corvette drivers switch to Shelby Cobras still at 1240kg 453bhp

Next Round - Sunday 6th April - Brands Hatch Indy 20 Laps

You could be part of the fun - just send an FR to Sick_Cylinder​

Last edited:
Race Report - Laguna Seca - World Classic Cars

1st Lex Lathor - BMW 507 1957
2nd Flaco - Mercedes Benz 300 SL 1954
3rd Whisper Crew - Corvette C1 1954

Photos to be added.

View attachment 135056

Harsk had connection problems. Lex lathor top with Harsk and Flaco tied on points for joint second place.
Sick, why in image there's 6 rounds INSTEAD of 24? The championship is 24 ROUNDS! AND ANOTHER THING: How many laps is the Brands Hatch?

That's ok, the rest of us needed a chance to catch up! ;)
I finished 2nd on Corvette but at least I'm on the lead.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_5.jpg

Lap 1: ZuluWraith chose the path less traveled, and Emotional-Rekz followed...

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6.jpg

...but being the Rekz he is, he had a sudden change of heart and chose the opposite path less traveled...

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_7.jpg

...while Flegma69 glided through the center as if he had wings!

Great shots Jbaffoh (Whisper) and many apologies regarding the braking markers - I got a good launch following a bad qualifying and got level with Zulu's GTO and went too wide in my efforts not to hit anyone.

The Flegma wing certainly looked more Chaparral than Shelby - hopefully no more wings on classic cars unless they were factory fitted from new.

I'm just adding a few race pictures earlier in the thread.

Sick, why in image there's 6 rounds INSTEAD of 24? The championship is 24 ROUNDS! AND ANOTHER THING: How many laps is the Brands Hatch?

Round 4 at Brands Hatch Indy will be 20 Laps.

This race series has 24 rounds, which is split into 4 seasons of 6 rounds. Champions will be crowned at the end of each 6 round season and there will be champion of champions crowned in each of the three categories at the end of 24 rounds. This length was chosen because racers tend to come and go and if the season is too long new drivers are discouraged from entering if they know they have no chance of winning a championship. This way new drivers can enter and still have a chance of winning the championship in seasons 2, 3 or 4. It also has the advantage that the spreadsheets of results for each season can be easily viewed.

At the end of 24 rounds this thread will be closed and if we are still using GT6 and not GT7 Prologue or GT7 a new series will be launched.

Back