CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

You'll have to wait a bit longer - I'm about to post the race photos and will then do the standings, but as it's the Easter school holidays I also have to look after the kids and ferry them around / take them on day trips etc.
OK. But I guessed it:

One Make cup
1- Harsk 80 pts
2- Lex ? pts
3- Flaco ? pts
4- Sick 57 pts
5- Emotional 45 pts

Classic
1- Lex 90 pts
2- Harsk 69 pts
3- Flaco ? pts
4- Emotional 51 pts
5- Sick 44 pts

Corvette vs Cobra
1- Lex 81 pts
2- Harsk 72 pts
3- Emotional 52 pts
4- Flaco ? pts
5- Sick 49 pts

Race Pictures

World Classic Cars

Grid view from Sick Toyota 2000 GT.jpg

Above grid view from Sick Toyota 2000 GT - car was beautiful and slow, driver ugly and slow. Below Lex leads Emo, Harsk and Flaco. Bottom Lex Lathor Mercedes 300SL was beautiful, fast and well driven.

World Classics.jpg
Lex Lathor 300SL.jpg

Cobra v Corvette

Birdseed Corvette grid view.jpg

Above grid view from Birdseed Corvette. Below Harsk blue Cobra leads Lex orange Corvette. Bottom the field rounds Druids on lap one and as happens in real life some cars end up in the gravel trap.

Harsk leads Lex on lap 1.jpg
The field rounds Druids Hairpin.jpg

One Make - Lotus Europa Special

I only ever remember seeing these cars in black with gold pinstriping copying the Teams F1 livery and the cigarette packets of title sponsors John Player Special - GT6 offers a wide range of colours. Below Emo leads in Lagoon Blue.

Emo leads the Lotus Race.jpg

Championship standings to follow

Welcome onboard! I noticed the 2D Avatar picture - when this championship series finishes we are planning a Historic Race Car series (including 2D) supported by classic saloons which hopefully will be of interest.

Wonderful! It seems so long since the 2D was allowed in the WSC back when it gained its reputation as being a major corner-eating Troll Car.

After all the connection problems we've been having I thought I'd post some of my thoughts on how things may be improved.
Now I know that whatever changes we can make to our own equipment wont effect the less than robust PD servers and game code, but anything that can be done should hopefully help a little.

Now this is the most important one. Even if you have the fastest fibre optic broadband the PS3 should not really be wireless! (I'm especially looking at you Mr Cylinder) It should, if possible, have a direct wired (network cable) connection to the modem/router. Even a slow Internet connection can be improved by a direct cable to the PS3.
Besides generally having less bandwidth, there are so many things that can affect a wireless link that it will cause problems at some time. Even someone walking by can have an impact. Wireless is fine for phones/tablets/laptops since if they miss the packets of information being sent by the router they just ask for them to be resent. This results in a web page loading more slowly or a video buffering - not really a problem.
For the most part the PS3 is the same. However when running a game like GT6 it requires, not necessarily a large amount of data, but a constant fast and reliable stream of information. If it doesn't get this it asks for the packets again and lagging will occur. I'm sure the "invisible" cars that happen sometimes are also caused by this.
Since the game code/servers are a bit fragile (more so than GT5) and can't seem to handle it correctly, if there is a "dodgy" connection in a room this also affects those with a solid connection causing disconnects and lock ups etc etc.

If the PS3 can't be wired directly (distance/cabling) I can recommend some Powerline Ethernet adapters. They use the electrical wiring in your house to transfer network information between themselves. You just buy a pair of these (ebay?) plug one into a power socket near to the router and the other near to the PS3. Connect to them with a couple of network cables and after the initial setup off they go. There can be some limitations (house wiring/distance/appliances etc.) but generally they give a much more reliable connection than wireless - I've previously used them myself.

If you must use wireless at least try changing the channel it uses. Most routers are left on the default auto setting for their wifi channel. However this usually means that your neighbours are using the same channel as you - which can cause cross talk and interference. You have to manually go into your router setup screen (via PC) and change the channel to a set number - Channel 11 is usually good. This may help a little - BUT WIRED IS BETTER.

And if you are using a wifi connection a wireless headset doesn't help. While they don't necessarily use the same frequency, even so (depending on the quality) some interference can occur. A wired connection and wireless headset = OK.

The GT6 manual has got some useful information about online connections. It states what it requires for optimal performance. There's some good tips on static IP address', UPnP and port forwarding. This helps, and I've done this, although it might be a little complex for some?

GT6 Connection information.

You can also add the PS3 to DMZ of the router (outside the firewall) although if the UPnP is working correctly this should not be required.

A couple of in game ideas. Microphone chat will increase the load on the connection. Maybe it's best if it remains disabled? To decrease the data amount the room quality could be set to "normal" instead of high?

I also think around the time of day that we race there are also a lot of other championships running which increases the load on the servers - they need to improve them. Maybe when GT5 online finishes....

Anyway sorry for the long post, but I'm quite keen on my GT online racing experience! The time it takes to prepare for the missed races is annoying.
I'm also sorry to hijack the thread Sick but I'm sure you'll agree things aint' good at the moment.

If anyone has got further ideas on ways to improve our gaming, or even disagrees with mine, please share them. Anything to make things better would be good.

Ok, now I'm concerned about my wireless PS3! I have two of the latest version Apple AirPort Extreme routers; one at the back of the house, and one in the same room as the PS3. All devices always show full signal strength, and I've never noticed any dropout. But how would I know?

Ok, now I'm concerned about my wireless PS3! I have two of the latest version Apple AirPort Extreme routers; one at the back of the house, and one in the same room as the PS3. All devices always show full signal strength, and I've never noticed any dropout. But how would I know?

My ping times are usually 12-17 ms, and my throughput averages around 65 Mbps download and 15-20 Mbps upload. Is this comparable to yours? I hope I'm not causing problems.

With stats like those i don't think you have anything to worry about! :D - Here's a few pics from the last two races yesterday:

XfW8WUx.jpg

6q9BhWr.jpg

KYtxhlb.jpg

Last edited:
With stats like those i don't think you have anything to worry about! :D - Here's a few pics from the last two races yesterday:

C0UV9Uw.jpg

I guess we're lucky to have good cable TV service in this neighborhood!

What paint chip was used on that Vette? I like it!

Ok, now I'm concerned about my wireless PS3!
Hi Jbaffoh. You do seem to have a really good setup and the speeds you're getting are many steps beyond what I'm achieving. It's those old copper wires again. Although an area close to me is having fibre optic cable installed - so it's getting nearer. I want to connect at the speed of light. ;)

The speeds you quote - are they taken from the PS3? I know it's limited by it's older 802.11g technology.
If the router is in the same room as the PS3, could you not run a cable to it? - Although it could well be a large room. I still say direct is best :P

What paint chip was used on that Vette? I like it!
I could be wrong, but it looks like Sakhir orange. My Ferrari was painted that colour - but no one got to see it! :indiff:

This is just the first part of championship, right?
Yes it is.

Nice pictures @ZuluWraith

Hi Jbaffoh. You do seem to have a really good setup and the speeds you're getting are many steps beyond what I'm achieving. It's those old copper wires again. Although an area close to me is having fibre optic cable installed - so it's getting nearer. I want to connect at the speed of light. ;)

The speeds you quote - are they taken from the PS3? I know it's limited by it's older 802.11g technology.
If the router is in the same room as the PS3, could you not run a cable to it? - Although it could well be a large room. I still say direct is best :P

I could be wrong, but it looks like Sakhir orange. My Ferrari was painted that colour - but no one got to see it! :indiff:

Yes it is.

Nice pictures @ZuluWraith
I think it's Hemi Orange (I scrolled back to the first page).

No, the speeds were taken from iPhones, iPads, and an iMac. The router is 10 feet from the PS3, but the Ethernet out is connected to the second router at the back of the house. I could use a splitter or something and run another cable under the house to the PS3.

Ah, I think I understand your setup now. A splitter wouldn't work because both devices need to have separate IP addresses.

Since they are both in the same room the WiFi is not so much of a problem anyway.

I'd leave everything as it is. You've got a fast connection and you're not getting any lagging, so leave well alone. Don't try to fix it if it ain't broke!

Next Round Sunday 13 April at 17:00 BST - London - 20 Laps
(No Pit Stop, Tyre Wear Off)

Race 1: World Classics

Race 2: Cobra v Corvette

Race 3: One Make - Lotus Europa Special 1972

Next Round Sunday 13 April at 17:00 BST - London - 20 Laps
(No Pit Stop, Tyre Wear Off)

Race 1: World Classics

Race 2: Cobra v Corvette

Race 3: One Make - Lotus Europa Special 1972
Wasn't ONE Make supposed to be BEFORE World Classics?

Hi Harsk...
Wasn't ONE Make supposed to be BEFORE World Classics?
Hope this helps..
We will be driving the Europa last for the next three rounds because it's handling and corner speed are very different to the other classic cars - therefore the programme will be:

1. World Classic Cars - 1160kg 315bhp
2. Cobra v Art Morrison Corvette - 1240kg 453bhp
3. Lotus Europa Special - 690kg 207bhp

I thought we had to commit to the same car for three weeks before rotating.
No. In every 3 races, we have to change cars. For example: In round 1-3, I drove the GT350. Then in round 4-6, I'll drive the BMW 507.

No. In every 3 races, we have to change cars. For example: In round 1-3, I drove the GT350. Then in round 4-6, I'll drive the BMW 507.
Right.

I thought you were testing to race a different car this week than last week. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

View attachment 133995

Arrakis Speedshop based tune -207 bhp, 690 kg
Note: because of the different handling characteristics of the Lotus Europa from the FR cars, the one make event will be held last in rounds 4-6 (we will start those rounds with the World Classic Cars, then Cobra v Corvette, then Lotus).

Racing Hard Tyres

Suspension Fully Custom
Ride Height 75 / 101
Spring Rate 4.60 / 6.25
Dampers Compression 2 / 3
Dampers Extension 3 / 4
Anti-roll Bars 4 / 2
Camber Angle 0 / 0
Toe Angle 0.02 / 0.03

Racing Brake Kit 3 / 2

Transmission - Fully Custom set to preference and track

Triple plate clutch
Custom LSD 11 / 14 / 21

Power - limit to 207 bhp
Engine Tuning - Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Ballast 41 Position -50
Weight Reduction - Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet Colour
Window Weight Reduction

View attachment 133996

IMPORTANT: British Summer Time (BST)
On Sunday British time changes from GMT to BST which is one hour earlier. Sunday race meetings will be held at 17:00 BST not GMT - if your country has not changed its time it will mean that the meetings now take place one hour earlier than before
I just saw this and would like to say that I am honored that you consider Arrakis worthy for your competition!

Race Report - Round 5 London - World Classic Cars

1st Harsk - BMW 507
2nd Emotionak Rekz - Jaguar E Type
3rd Flaco - Chevrolet Corvette C1

Classic Grid Stu.jpg

Above view from the Stu BMW 507, below view from the Maximusmonster Jaguar E Type - the calm before the storm!

Classic Grid Max.jpg
Harsk v Emo.jpg

Harsk BMW 507 and Emo E Type race off the line. Lex Lathor Mercedes 300SL overshot the corner and hit the barrier. His stationery car was collected by the late braking Emo E type. Below Flaco Corvette C1 and Harsk BMW tangle at the hairpin.

Flaco Squeezed.jpg
Flaco Flies Lex Crashes.jpg

Above Flaco flies while Lex crashes. Below Flaco flies, with Emo about to collect Lex 300SL.

Flaco Flies Emo collects Lex.jpg
5 into 3.jpg

Above 5 into 3 won't go. Below the Birdspeed Bullit looking good.

Birdseed Bullit.jpg

Below moments later Birdspeed spins and Lex collects Sick Toyota - an action packed race!

Birdseed spins Lex collects Sick.jpg

Race Report - Round 5 London - Cobra v Corvette

1st Harsk - Cobra
2nd Flaco - Corvette
3rd Emotional Rekz - Cobra

Cobra grid view.jpg

Above view from the grid. Below Harsk leads Flaco. Bottom the stunning Flaco Corvette.

Harsk Leads.jpg
Flaco Corvette.jpg

Race Report - Round 5 London - Lotus Europa Special 1972

1st Harsk
2nd Emotional Rekz
3rd Sick Cylinder

Lotus Grid View.jpg

Harsk was in a class of his own today and finished each race with a healthy lead, but there were many battles further down the field. IfAndOr and Sick battled and pressured into mistakes Sick sometimes caught too much kerb and flicked the lightweight Lotus onto two wheels - this shot shows how lucky he was not to lose a position to the charging If.

Sick rides the kerbs.jpg
If v Max.jpg

Great racing today with beautiful classic cars in all categories and relatively few connection problems compared with recent weeks. Above Maximusmonster Jaguar battles IfAndOr Corvette C2, Birdspeed Mustang and Sick Toyota. Thank you Kaz for a great online experience today! If you would like to join in send an FR to Sick_Cylinder

Championship tables to be posted shortly.

Next Round - Brands Hatch GP Circuit - Sunday 20th April at 17:00 BST

Last edited:
Race Report - Round 5 London - Lotus Europa Special 1972

1st Harsk
2nd Emotional Rekz
3rd Sick Cylinder

View attachment 141303

Harsk was in a class of his own today and finished each race with a healthy lead, but there were many battles further down the field. IfAndOr and Sick battled and pressured into mistakes Sick sometimes caught too much kerb and flicked the lightweight Lotus onto two wheels - this shot shows how lucky he was not to lose a position to the charging If.

View attachment 141307View attachment 141311

Great racing today with beautiful classic cars in all categories and relatively few connection problems compared with recent weeks. Above Maximusmonster Jaguar battles IfAndOr Corvette C2, Birdspeed Mustang and Sick Toyota. Thank you Kaz for a great online experience today! If you would like to join in send an FR to Sick_Cylinder

Championship tables to be posted shortly.

Next Round - Brands Hatch GP Circuit - Sunday 20th April at 17:00 BST
What an lucky day! Three races, three wins! :cheers:

How many laps of Brands Hatch GP?

Last edited:
I was angry because someone pushed me against the wall. the first turn. a 20-lap race.
why you can not pay attention to? why do we want to win the race in the first corner?

Latest Posts

Back