CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex LathorFinished 

Great shots as ever If! Just been online tonight with Stuart my pal in the 1996 racing Lotus Elise - what a fab car that is for handling - would make a great race series car I think although perhaps the wrong era for Sick's championship - hope the Europa is similar...

Birdseed

Great shots as ever If! Just been online tonight with Stuart my pal in the 1996 racing Lotus Elise - what a fab car that is for handling - would make a great race series car I think although perhaps the wrong era for Sick's championship - hope the Europa is similar...

Birdseed

Hi Birdseed - we did a championship on GT5 with RM cars including both Elise models - check out the pictures at the bottom of page 1 of the thread for Elise and TVR action!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ampionship-champion-lex-lathor-car-78.289535/

If you use the Europa tune by Arrakis Speedshop posted earlier in the current thread you should find the car handles well and laps fast.

We will be driving the Europa last for the next three rounds because it's handling and corner speed are very different to the other classic cars - therefore the programme will be:

1. World Classic Cars - 1160kg 315bhp
2. Cobra v Art Morrison Corvette - 1240kg 453bhp
3. Lotus Europa Special - 690kg 207bhp

My settings for GT350:
FC Transmission 5-Speed Gearbox
All of the gears are on all way to RIGHT
Final gear is all way to LEFT
Max speed is lowest speed

LSD- 10/11/10

Power Limiter to 310 HP and Weight Ballast to 1160 kg.

Same for 507.

Hi everyone, here's some pics from last week (late i know!, but i've been flat out busy) - BTW thanks for posting your tunes guys, hopefully i'll get time to try a few ;)

xxB0L6F.jpg

tYD7DWf.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have tips for keeping the Cobra straight while decelerating?

I am using the Cobra with a very simple setup: race soft suspension, brakes 7 / 4, LSD 10 / 27 / 15, Ballast to 1240kg 50 / 50, power limit to 453bhp. This setup works for me, but isn't fast so if anyone has a good Cobra tune perhaps they could share it for the benefit of all

Great pictures Zulu - nice to see some great action shots of the Corvette Racer - it hasn't had much love till now.

Thanks for posting tunes guys - sometimes a tune doesn't suit another driver, but sometimes it can be faster. I am looking forward to testing the C1 and GT350 tunes.

Last edited:
You left 30 percent of the racers practicing, quietly created a new room, and started the race without us. No messeges in game, no PSN friend messages. That's pretty messed up.

I won't waste any more time.

You left 30 percent of the racers practicing, quietly created a new room, and started the race without us. No messeges in game, no PSN friend messages. That's pretty messed up.

if the host quits or drops out, can't come back
he make a new room. always.

if the host quits or drops out, can't come back
he make a new room. always.
He could message us through PSN like last week, or wait for us to show up. Or stop qualifying when he sees us enter the new room.

It sucks when you spend days tuning cars with ridiculous ballast and power requirements to get them competitive, and then have the race start without you. It's a colossal waste of time, considering none of these cars would ever be driven again in these configurations.

I was eager to contribute tunes and photos, and show up on time for some clean racing. I was about to share a 55 second Cobra tune that's faster than my Morrison. But when races start without notice to people like Zulu and me, I'm not interested.

Unfortunately there were major connection problems today - the room was set up about 6 times, because of constant disconnections. We were running with voice chat disabled to try to increase the bandwidth available to the game. When the Host is disconnected in GT6 he has to create a new room because the game does not allow a Host to rejoin a room that he has left.

I had to give up on sending out PSN messages, because when I sent today I was getting a black screen and unable to get back to the room therefore having to restart the PS3 or just getting disconnected. Deputy hosts IfAndOr and Birdseed were also experiencing connection problems.

Hopefully these connection problems will improve - they were the worst I have ever known today - and certainly seem much worse than at any time with GT5.

A great shame because the racing was very good although attendance was sadly limited to 5 cars in the first and final races and 8 cars in the second race.

RACE REPORT - ROUND 4 - BRANDS HATCH

World Classic Cars
1st Lex Lathor - Mercedes Benz 300SL
2nd Harsk - BMW 507
3rd Emotional Rekz - Jaguar E type

Cobra v Corvette
1st Harsk - Cobra
2nd Lex Lathor - Corvette
3rd Emotional Rekz - Cobra

One Make - 1972 Lotus Europa Special
1st Harsk
2nd Emotional Rekz
3rd Sick Cylinder

Sadly Lex Lathor retired after tuning the wrong model of Lotus Europa (the 1968 version), however this enabled Sick to score a rare podium.

Lotus Europa Special by IfAndOr.jpg

Above picture of the IfAndOr Lotus Europa and below Whisper Crew style Ferrari which sadly we didn't get to see this week, but hopefully will see race around London next week and Brands Hatch GP Circuit the following week.

Ferrari 250 GT drift.jpg

RACE REPORT - ROUND 4 - BRANDS HATCH

World Classic Cars
1st Lex Lathor - Mercedes Benz 300SL
2nd Harsk - BMW 507
3rd Emotional Rekz - Jaguar E type

Cobra v Corvette
1st Harsk - Cobra
2nd Lex Lathor - Corvette
3rd Emotional Rekz - Cobra

One Make - 1972 Lotus Europa Special
1st Harsk
2nd Emotional Rekz
3rd Sick Cylinder

Sadly Lex Lathor retired after tuning the wrong model of Lotus Europa (the 1968 version), however this enabled Sick to score a rare podium.

View attachment 137772

Above picture of the IfAndOr Lotus Europa and below Whisper Crew style Ferrari which sadly we didn't get to see this week, but hopefully will see race around London next week and Brands Hatch GP Circuit the following week.

View attachment 137773
When the standings are coming?

Unfortunately there were major connection problems today - the room was set up about 6 times, because of constant disconnections. We were running with voice chat disabled to try to increase the bandwidth available to the game. When the Host is disconnected in GT6 he has to create a new room because the game does not allow a Host to rejoin a room that he has left.

I had to give up on sending out PSN messages, because when I sent today I was getting a black screen and unable to get back to the room therefore having to restart the PS3 or just getting disconnected. Deputy hosts IfAndOr and Birdseed were also experiencing connection problems.

Hopefully these connection problems will improve - they were the worst I have ever known today - and certainly seem much worse than at any time with GT5.

A great shame because the racing was very good although attendance was sadly limited to 5 cars in the first and final races and 8 cars in the second race.
Well, I spent the day working on my sailboat and there's nothing like time on the ocean to put silly computer games in perspective.

I'm willing to try London since the cars are already tuned, but if whatever problems we're having don't end, I can't justify the investment of time preparing for that one weekly moment that is supposed to make it all worthwhile. Let's hope PD gets their crap together with the server maintenence tonight!

I'm wondering what the problem is. From my end, I've never experienced server issues directly. It's quick, fluid, and responsive. Last week, most of you seemed lag free on the track except for Harsk, but I noticed people who did not race were constantly leaving and returning.

Sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm the only person on this side of the pond, but I doubt that is related. If and Max seemed to constantly be bouncing in and out of the room, and I don't think that could be caused by my presence.

I'm curious to know what kinds of internet service you guys have. My ping times are usually 12-17 ms, and my throughput averages around 65 Mbps download and 15-20 Mbps upload. Is this comparable to yours? I hope I'm not causing problems.

As for Brands Hatch GP, one of my favorite tracks, I can't race that week because my wedding reception is the night before and I'll be busy entertaining out-of-town guests that day.

Finally, my Ferrari is VERY disappointed! After days of frustration, it was consistently lapping Brand's Indy in the low 57's online (with my newbie driving skills). It took me three days to find the optimum placement for 200kg ballast, and tweak the suspension to minimize weight transfer and keep her planted. She taught me a ton about tuning so I guess all is not lost.

Also, Praiano tuned the Cobra from the ground up for me to use at today's event. It is 3 seconds faster than my best attempt at tuning, and faster than my Morrison Vette. He'll probably publish it online in about a week, as I saw he's including it in the next app updates.

You left 30 percent of the racers practicing
I know it doesn't feel like it, but you were lucky. I couldn't even manage to get in any of the rooms for more than a moment! A bad day all round. All those laps practicing the Indy circuit wasted. :(

Well, I spent the day working on my sailboat and there's nothing like time on the ocean to put silly computer games in perspective..
👍 Sounds great. That's the right approach - deep breaths and relax.

I'm curious to know what kinds of internet service you guys have. My ping times are usually 12-17 ms, and my throughput averages around 65 Mbps download and 15-20 Mbps upload.
:eek: That's probably faster than most of ours combined!! Even with the distance involved there shouldn't be to many problems with that - I can't remember you lagging on my screen

I can't race that week because my wedding reception.
Congratulations. :cheers:

Finally, my Ferrari is VERY disappointed!
Just disappointed! My Ferrari is suffering from deep depression! I bought her for the first few races and due to various reasons (including disconnects) She never got to race at all.

Europa '68
Unlucky Lex. You should have carried on for this week. (Is the older one faster?)

Count me in! :) Unfortunately I'll only be able to race Monaco and the rest of the events that follow.
Wellcome RyanRacer. Hope to see you on track - if I can get in!

Well done Lex and Harsk on your wins. I see that Emotional Rekz is also creeping up the list.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but you were lucky. I couldn't even manage to get in any of the rooms for more than a moment! A bad day all round. All those laps practicing the Indy circuit wasted. :(

👍 Sounds great. That's the right approach - deep breaths and relax.

:eek: That's probably faster than most of ours combined!! Even with the distance involved there shouldn't be to many problems with that - I can't remember you lagging on my screen

Congratulations. :cheers:

Just disappointed! My Ferrari is suffering from deep depression! I bought her for the first few races and due to various reasons (including disconnects) She never got to race at all.

Unlucky Lex. You should have carried on for this week. (Is the older one faster?)

Wellcome RyanRacer. Hope to see you on track - if I can get in!

Well done Lex and Harsk on your wins. I see that Emotional Rekz is also creeping up the list.
Thanks IfandOR! I'm glad that Sick warned me! If he wouldn't warn me, I could be frustrated.

Whisper Crew - first, good luck with the wedding - your excuse for not racing that weekend is accepted! We will be going back to Brands Hatch GP again in the future as it is a classic, iconic track - the GP track sadly doesn't get used much in real life because of its proximity to houses and noise regulations.

I'm interested in the Priano tune because his normal Cobra tune, with it's high ride height doesn't work with high ballast, but is excellent when the car is light. The reason for the odd weight and bhp limits in this series is to get greater parity between the cars as the PP system often doesn't provide equal performance between cars. We will sometimes use PP as a leveller, but it depends on the cars.

Unfortunately the sort of broadband performance you have is not possible in much of Europe. In the UK most people get their internet via copper cables not fibre-optic. I am looking at trying to improve my connection, but I think most of the problems are with PD / Sony / GT6 as we didn't have these problems with GT5. Although poor Max has had internet problems for a couple of years, which hopefully will be resolved in the near future when he moves house.

The problem with re-starting is it involves running the qualification again and if people are having connection problems they often dip in and out of the room and disappear before the re-start actually happens. We try to stick to the schedule with people having the option to join and start the next race as if we over run it causes problems for people who only have a limited time to race.

Whisper Crew - first, good luck with the wedding - your excuse for not racing that weekend is accepted! We will be going back to Brands Hatch GP again in the future as it is a classic, iconic track - the GP track sadly doesn't get used much in real life because of its proximity to houses and noise regulations.

I'm interested in the Priano tune because his normal Cobra tune, with it's high ride height doesn't work with high ballast, but is excellent when the car is light. The reason for the odd weight and bhp limits in this series is to get greater parity between the cars as the PP system often doesn't provide equal performance between cars. We will sometimes use PP as a leveller, but it depends on the cars.

Unfortunately the sort of broadband performance you have is not possible in much of Europe. In the UK most people get their internet via copper cables not fibre-optic. I am looking at trying to improve my connection, but I think most of the problems are with PD / Sony / GT6 as we didn't have these problems with GT5. Although poor Max has had internet problems for a couple of years, which hopefully will be resolved in the near future when he moves house.

The problem with re-starting is it involves running the qualification again and if people are having connection problems they often dip in and out of the room and disappear before the re-start actually happens. We try to stick to the schedule with people having the option to join and start the next race as if we over run it causes problems for people who only have a limited time to race.
Sick, I'm waiting for the standings.

Back