Finished CLASSIC RACING - Sundays 17:00-19:00 BST - CONGRATULATIONS CHAMPIONS Flaco & Lex Lathor

Discussion in 'GT6 Racing Series' started by Sick Cylinder, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

You're not part of the Lizard Squad are you If - I seem to remember you saying that you kept Newts!

I got a room up and posted the number, but it wouldn't load the track or let anyone else enter the room, then the PS3 froze and now I can't login.

It is a bank holiday weekend here in the UK and I am on leave next week so we can run the meeting later this evening or any evening this week except Tuesday or we can cancel the meeting and use this track next Sunday - let me know what you would like to do - I was really enjoying the Red Bull Mini Ring in practise so was really looking forward to the races.

I will try again at 19:00 BST and again at 20:00 BST - in the meantime I will do some single player practise.

Here's a few posters of future championships currently under development for summer / autumn 2015 to whet your appetites:

F2 Poster Final 1960.jpg Alfa TZ2 v GT350 Poster.jpg Trans Am 4 Final Poster.jpg

SmileyWRX, Flaco13, Cu3e and 2 others like this.
  2. TonyLomas

TonyLomas

I love racing the rockets. Think they look great.

SmileyWRX and Sick Cylinder like this.
  3. Harsk100

Harsk100

I love Rockets! They have an great sound!

One question: Why TZ2 vs GT350 instead of 250 GTO vs TZ2?

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  4. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

cost - TZ2 is an optional car. Also running them tuning prohibited they can run the same lap times at certain tracks (on different tyres).

Rockets will be tuning prohibited and on Comfort Hard tyres - they are fabulous on those tyres!

Pontiac Trans Am will be at 550bhp on race Hard tyres - that enables people to avoid the supercharger and race exhaust - the first spoils the car and the second ruins the sound - great sounding car with the original exhaust.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - I refuse to be defeated by a couple of spotty, idiot hackers!

We will attempt to run the meeting at 21:00BST this evening -that should give Sony/PD some time to hopefully get things working. races will be shortened to 10 minutes with no qualifying and Senna 97T is cancelled for this week - half points will be awarded for any races held - I expect the meeting to last less than 1 hour. We have not missed a Sunday meeting in over 3 years and if at all possible I don't want to miss one today!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Flaco13, TonyLomas and Harsk100 like this.
  5. Harsk100

Harsk100

That's really strange to be at 21:00 because I thought that 17:00 was an good time. But if you refuse to cancel the meeting, then just do what you got to do.

6. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Room now up and some people have been able to enter! Room number 1472 4711 0167 3383 9731

7. DVArt

DVArt

I't was fun, looking forward to the next race! :-)

IfAndOr and Sick Cylinder like this.
  8. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

It was great to have you race with us today danielsspel - and you did very well with three podiums out of three races!

Race Report - Round 23 of 24 from Red Bull Ring Short Track
    We couldn't miss a Sunday race and went ahead four hours behind schedule, with a reduced field and some racers still having difficulty getting online or joining the room. For this reason half points will be issued for today's races. After completing a reduced programme (Senna 97T cancelled) we did a test race at Mount Panorama with favourable results, therefore the final round next week will be from Mount Panorama.

World Classics - 315bhp, 1160kg
    1st - Emotional Rekz - Shelby GT350
    2nd - Sick Cylinder - Shelby GT350
    3rd- Danielsspel - Mercedes 300 SL
    4th - SmileyWRX - Corvette C1 (NB Smiley had difficulty entering the pits and should have won)
    5th - TonyLomas - Shelby GT350

Cobra Ferrari Wars - 460bhp, 844kg
    1st - SmileyWRX - Cobra
    2nd - Danielsspel - Cobra
    3rd - Emotional Rekz - Corvette C2 Race Car
    4th - Sick Cylinder - Ferrari 250 GT
    5th - TonyLomas - Cobra

TVR V8S - Max Tune (451bhp, 882kg) run in tribute to the 1964 TVR Griffith 200 Series
    1st - TonyLomas
    2nd - Emotional Rekz
    3rd - Danielsspel

There was a mass disconnection in this race with half the field being wiped out with two corners left!

Next Round - Sunday 31st August at 17:00 BST at Mount Panorama

Flaco13, SmileyWRX and Harsk100 like this.
  9. Harsk100

Harsk100

What happened to rest of the drivers (Lex, Flaco...)?

10. SmileyWRX

SmileyWRX

Was my mistake in pit entry (2x)..driving to wide and over the line... learning ;);)

Harsk100 likes this.
  11. Harsk100

Harsk100

That's a shame that the pit denied your 3rd victory... If I was you and the pit would deny my victory, I would be sad and angry...

12. SmileyWRX

SmileyWRX

Completely my fault... didnt practice pit entry

Harsk100 likes this.
  13. Harsk100

Harsk100

I think that you should have practise your pit entry... Especially the pit strategy. I recommend you to practise that pit entry during this week.

SmileyWRX likes this.
  14. SmileyWRX

SmileyWRX

I have learned in the first race :):):) surprised with drive thru only lol

Harsk100 likes this.
  15. Harsk100

Harsk100

Well you learned that in Brands Hatch, right? Brands Hatch was where your first victory ocurred.

SmileyWRX likes this.
  16. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

17. Harsk100

Harsk100

I'm 11th in Cobra Ferrari Wars... If more 2 drivers overtake me in 2 standings, I'll be able to drive in my anniversary Cobra Daytona Coupe...

18. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

My PS3 seems to be holding out after its clean out, so hopefully I should be there this coming weekend.

I won't go as far as saying it's completely fixed because it's running with the top cover removed and has a desk fan blowing over it! But we'll see how it goes.

19. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

That's good news!

Maximusmonster and Harsk will be absent this Sunday so with IfAndOr returning we will have some spare spaces on the grid for the reserve drivers:

With regular drivers I will assume that they are attending unless notified otherwise.

With reserve drivers I will assume that they are Not attending unless they indicate otherwise.

Regular Drivers
    1 Sick Cylinder
    2 IfAndOr
    3 Harsk - absent
    4 Lex Lathor
    5 Flaco
    6 Emotional Rekz
    7 SmileyWRX
    8 Bergele/Cu3e
    9 Racercad/TheJohnG
    10 Maximusmonster - absent
    11 BTHPimiki54
    12 Kisko
    13 HVainOla
    14 Tony Lomas

Reserve Drivers
    Whispercrew/Jbaffoh - unavailable
    UKmalB - unsure of attendance
    Danielsspel - unavailable
    Emjayel - unsure of attendance
    EdenKnight - unsure of attendance
    Bic44/Benny44 - unsure of attendance
    S Bridge/M Mallet JR - unavailable

This Sunday 13 racers expected therefore 3 spare grid slots available - please contact Sick Cylinder asap to book your space on the grid.

A reserve driver can become a regular driver by attending regularly i.e. 3 out of 4 Sundays or higher.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Cu3e, Flaco13, Harsk100 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jbaffoh

Jbaffoh

Not I--I'm away from home, anchored at an island, battling large waves from hurricane Marie. Hoping to catch fish tomorrow.

21. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Results of the "Ford Ferrari Wars" Car Audit so far

As you can see I am still waiting for information from about half of the racers on whether they will be competing in Category 1 or Category 2 and what cars they want to use. I need this information in order to plan the spread of cars over the 3 x 5 week periods of this 15 week championship. For example if we have 6 Ford Mark 4's I will schedule 2 into each period so that we have a varied field and if we have 3 Chaparral 2D's I will schedule 1 into each period.

If you have already supplied information and it is not recorded here - please resend it and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Car Audit Category 1 poster 290814.jpg Car Audit Category 2 poster 290814.jpg

Finally - All Reserve Drivers please note we have 3 vacant slots on the grid for Sunday - please let me know if you want one of those slots. Jbaffoh - good luck with the fishing!

Jbaffoh likes this.
  22. Harsk100

Harsk100

What means XA?

23. Cu3e

Cu3e

I guess the A means Anniversary car :)

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  24. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Oh yes. That explains it.
    It had me scratching my head wondering what it meant as well. :dunce:

25. SmileyWRX

SmileyWRX

I am in Category 1 but please change from Ford MKIV to Chaparral 2D.
    Think i registered so. Must check past posts.

26. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Yes - X means that they have the car and A indicates that it is an anniversary model.

Hi Smiley - yes you did - my mistake!

SmileyWRX and Harsk100 like this.
  27. SmileyWRX

SmileyWRX

Hello mates,

Practice room for Sunday round is online.

Comment: GTP CLASSIC RACING practice

Room ID: 1472-6118-3916-1737-4149

28. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I would like to join this series when possible. I don't always get Sunday available from work.

IfAndOr likes this.
  29. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Hi DesertPenguin09 - I presume you mean "Ford Ferrari Wars" because "Cobra Ferrari Wars" finishes today, but it will return in Summer 2015 in a new Handicap format - inspired by a comment by regular racer Flaco we will be giving the fastest car (the Cobra) to the least successful drivers to create an ultra close classic series.

If you are referring to "Ford Ferrari Wars" which starts on 7th September I will be reviewing the number of Reserve Drivers on 14th September - just send an FR to Sick_Cylinder.

Updated Car Audit Info - note still waiting for car info from several drivers

Cat 1 and 2 Car Choices 310814.jpg

Where a driver is entered on both Category 1 and Category 2 lists it is because I don't know which category they have selected.

Updated by edit to include Kisko and BTHpimiki54 cars

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    SmileyWRX likes this.
  30. Harsk100

Harsk100

I hope that you can give me the Cobra in CFW 2! :D