CLASSIC RACING Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT: "Ford Ferrari Wars" LEX CHAMP by 1 Point!Finished 

That was my knowledge at the time of writing. I learned later it was possible from within the Community. :embarrassed:

Is the grid full today?

There were spaces on the grid today - I'm very sorry that I didn't read your post until just now.

Race Report - Round 14 of 15 from Laguna Seca

Historic BSCC

Ryan was on fire and with the other front runners disappeared into the distance. I got a reasonable start in my Mini and had a titanic battle with Maximusmonster (Renault). He slipped wide then I was through, he passed me again with a clever pit strategy. I got ahead up the inside on tight corner onto the straight, but he carried more speed round the corner and regained the advantage. Eventually we went over the line side by side, but I just got my nose ahead for a hard fought 8th.

1st - Ryan Racer
2nd - Rehdogg
3rd - Smiley
4th - Pimiki
5th - Makovics
6th - Lex Lathor
7th - Danielsspel

Ford Ferrari Wars
Ryan racer was producing crazy fast times in qualifying, but in the race driving on or over the limit produced a few offs and eventually a retirement. I got a good start in the Ferrari from 6th to 4rd, but was soon passed by Ryan in the slower starting Chaparral, then drove steadily and safely to take 4th. There was strong pressure from behind until I found my rhythm from the leading Category 2 car - Rehdogg who finished a fine 5th overall.

1st - Makovics - Jaguar XJ13
2nd - lex Lathor - Ford Mark 4
3rd - Smiley - Jaguar XJ13
4th - Sick Cylinder - Ferrari 330 P4
5th - Rehdogg - 1st in Category 2 - Corvette C2 Race Car
7th - Danielsspel - 2nd in Category 2 - Shelby Cobra 427
9th - Maximusmonster - 3rd in Category 2 - Cobra Daytona Coupe

Caterham Cup
After a very poor qualifying - I came off the track on the third lap while trying to improve on my previous poor laps - then I had my finger on the wrong button! Result immediate jumped start and five second penalty. I started last, but the actual race was enjoyable - I gambled on a pit stop on lap one and managed to make up a few places and was happy to finish 7th. Note to self - must improve qualifying and check buttons before races.

1st - Makovics
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - Rehdogg
4th - Pimiki
5th - Smiley
6th - Danielsspel

Next Round 15 of 15 from Rome - Note: Join Now and enjoy the fabulous Trans Am and Can Am Series - Test Day 28th December, Real racing 4th January 2015 through 12th April 2015.

Can Am Poster Final Final.jpg

827 bhp, wheelspin in the first 4 gears - Go On - You Know You Want To !!!
In their day the unlimited capacity Group 7 Can Am Cars lapped faster than F1, but it took a brave man...​

Last edited:
Round 14 Championship Points Tables

BSCC & Caterham Cup Points Round 14.jpg
FFW Points Round 14.jpg

The Ford Ferrari Wars Championship will be decided at the final round in Rome next Sunday. If Lex Lathor and Smiley finish equal on points the title will go to Smiley on count back of wins. So Lex needs to finish one point ahead to secure the title while Smiley can clinch it on equal points. If Smiley takes 1st and Lex 2nd the title will go to Smiley, but with the very rapid Ryan Racer and Makovics out for personal glory it will be difficult for Lex or Smiley to take wins in Rome. If Ryan or Makovics take the top step Smiley will need to beat Lex by two places on Sunday.

In Category 2 Rehdogg cannot be caught and therefore as champion is promoted to a Platinum License. Flaco and Pimiki had four no scores versus Rehdoggs two no scores which counted heavily against them in this battle, but Rehdogg is a worthy champion who scored more wins (6) than any other Category 2 Driver.

Lex Lathor has already wrapped up the Historic BSCC and Caterham Cup titles with Smiley currently second in the Caterham Cup and Vice-Champion in Historic BSCC.

Congratulations to all drivers and good luck and clean racing in the final round on Sunday!

Jack Sears Trophy.JPG

Jack Sears Trophy Pt2.JPG

Technically, there are 15 points to play for if we have a full grid for the last race. More realistically, 4 or 5 points could be achieved.
Lex has won the Caterham trophy. Well Done! But 2nd and 3rd places are wide open with several drivers on similar points.
The BSCC and FFW trophies are still up for grabs with SickCylinder and IfAndOr leading the way at the moment.

Lets hope for plenty of great racing and overtaking on the streets of Rome!

Last edited:
View attachment 275209
View attachment 275210

Technically, there are 15 points to play for if we have a full grid for the last race. More realistically, 4 or 5 points could be achieved.
Lex has wrapped up the Caterham trophy. Well Done! But 2nd and 3rd places are wide open with several drivers on similar points.
The BSCC and FFW trophies are still up for grabs with SickCylinder and IfAndOr leading the way at the moment.

Well, the points of Jack Spears are attributed to overtake the most places of season, right?

Yes, so technically, if you started 16th on the grid and won then you'd get 15 points. However, I doubt anyone will do that. In most races people only gain a few places.
Well, will you do in next championships like the Trans Am races, right?

OK. But this minor trophy of Kwech will be the most wins, right?

No - Tony had the idea of introducing the Jack Sears Trophy which is awarded to the driver who makes up the most places in the race relative to their grid (starting) position - NB I'm beginning to think that IfAndOr's strategy of not qualifying his Chaparral 2D on grounds that it was so slow off the line that it was dangerous to other drivers was in fact a clever ruse to get his hands on extra silverware!

We will maintain this trophy for as long as Tony is happy to score it and change the name to honour and recognise great drivers so for instance in the next series it will be named Horst Kwech after the great Trans Am racer, engineer and inventor; for the Aurora AFX series it will be named Desire Wilson after the great South African driver and only woman ever to win an F1 race and for Avon Tour of Britain it will be named Gerry Marshall, one of the greatest of all time and winner of 650 races!

Trans Am and Can Am News - A new documentary has been added to replace one which was deleted due to a copyright infringement - this one follows the AMC Sunoco javelins in their winning 1971 season.

If you haven't watched the documentaries on the thread yet I strongly recommend you watch them all:

We have the story of the Nissan Bluebird's winning season when John Morton defeated Horst Kwech and Alfa Romeo, the Sunoco Javelin documentary and also the inaugural Can Am Race from St Jovite, plus a ride with the great Jim Pace in a Can Am car.

Finally, some of the posters have been merged to reduce space / tidy the thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ays-17-00-19-00-gmt-hurry-nearly-full.312797/

NB I'm beginning to think that IfAndOr's strategy of not qualifying his Chaparral 2D on grounds that it was so slow off the line that it was dangerous to other drivers was in fact a clever ruse to get his hands on extra silverware!
Dammit, you've seen through my cunning plan. :mischievous:

My other cunning plan to win every race failed miserably.

View attachment 275209
View attachment 275210

Lex has won the Caterham trophy. Well Done! But 2nd and 3rd places are wide open with several drivers on similar points.

To Lex get the Jack Spears trophy of BSCC and FFW, then he will have to race from the 16th to the first! :lol:

To Lex get the Jack Spears trophy of BSCC and FFW, then he will have to race from the 16th to the first! :lol:

Yes - very unlikely.

There used to be a trophy similar to this in the British Superbike Championship which was awarded to the rider who made the most overtakes in a season - something which is easy to do in a race series where the vehicles are fitted with transponders, but would be difficult in GT6 - although I would like the game to record the number of overtakes as it does on the Sierra Events. I don't normally make many overtakes - I lose places after a reasonable start and passing people who have come off the track.

The current Jack Sears Trophy in the BTCC is now a way of rewarding drivers of older, less competitive cars called S2000, but we will carry on with Tony's awards as they add a bit of interest. I will also be announcing some honours next week to deserving drivers, but those will remain under wraps until then.

I used the controller this week, accidentally honked at several drivers when I weren't supposed to. Fun but glad it's time for something new now! :-)

Sorry for not attending today! I was out and couldn't get back in time. I didn't wanna miss the final race, but oh well. It was a really great series and I enjoyed it a lot :) I think my driving skills improved over the period of this series, which is just great.

I'm happy that I managed to win one championship, but it's a shame that miki and flaco missed more races which made it a lot easier to win. It would have been very close and it could have gone to anyone really.

Anyway, thanks a lot for hosting this, Sick. I hope everyone enjoyed the series as I did! It was great fun and I'm looking forward to the next one :)

Race Report - Final Round 15 of 15 from Rome!

Ford Ferrari Wars

We started the round with Lex Lathor on 248 and SmileyWRX on 243, but leading on wins so if Smiley scored 5 points more than Lex they would be tied on points, but Smiley would take the championship on countback of wins. I predicted that Makovics and Ryan Racer would be fast at this round and they were - in fact Ryan was on fire. Sadly we had some disconnection problems and I had my screen freeze and had to force the shutdown of my PS3. We therefore shortened the race from 25 minutes to 15 minutes, but Ryan had other commitments and therefore could not attend the restart.

I qualified poorly, but started well (the Ferrari is better off the line) then eased off at the first corner so as not to interfere with the championship battle up front. Makovics went straight into the lead in his Jaguar XJ13 and was followed by Smiley also in a Jaguar. The front three pulled steadily away from me in fourth. Lex in his Ford Mark 4 finished in third place to take the title by one point from Smiley - A great end to a great championship!

Champion - Lex Lathor - 264 Points
Vice Champion - SmileyWRX - 263 Points

1st - Makovics - Jaguar XJ13
2nd - SmileyWRX - Jaguar XJ13
3rd - Lex Lathor - Ford Mark 4
4th - Sick Cylinder - Ferrari 330 P4
5th - GKgamer - Chaparral 2D
7th - Danielsspel - Shelby Cobra 427 - 1st in Category 2
8th - Maximusmonster - Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - 2nd in Category 2
9th - Pimiki - Shelby Cobra 427 - 3rd in Category 2

Historic BSCC
Ryan was on fire in qualifying in his Renault 8 Gordini and carried that form into the race for the win.

1st - Ryan Racer - Renault
2nd - Pimiki - Renault
3rd - Makovics - Mini
4th - Lex Lathor - Renault
5th - SmileyWRX - Buick Special
6th - GKgamer - Mini

Caterham Cup
The race was shortened from 15 minutes to 10 minutes and qualifying was dispensed with in order to keep the meeting on schedule. The meeting was marred by disconnection problems despite using a Public Room which is theoretically more stable than a club lobby or private room and also disabling voice chat in order to maximise bandwidth - come on Polyphony Digital - you need to invest some money in the servers to sort this out or people will switch to Project Cars on the PC and not bother buying PS4's.

A note of disgust must also be aired regarding Polyphony Digital's failure to rectify the "Previous Car Bug" - we've just had an update and should have had a fix for this major time waster by now! As a matter of course I now switch to a random car after a race before selecting the correct car because unless you do this the bug leaves you in your previous car - this wastes a huge amount of time as the driver does not know that his car is wrong - only those around him.

There is also no evidence that the " Pit Stop Bug" has been fixed - this traps you in the pits until the end of the race - no fun!

These bugs and the server problems need fixing urgently if PD want us to stay loyal to this game.

1st - SmileyWRX
2nd - Makovics
3rd - Pimiki
4th - Lex Lathor
5th - Danielsspel

Sadly star drivers Flaco and Rehdogg were unable to attend today. I haven't had time to update the championship tables yet to see the full effect, but will do so and post those shortly.

Special Awards

Race Room Member of the year - IfAndOr for all his help - photos, suggestions, advice etc. Sadly If has had a change of circumstances and therefore will not be racing with us so often on Sunday's.

Most Improved Gold License Racer - SmileyWRX since joining our room has just got better and better - he only missed winning the main event championship by 1 point and is now consistently a threat for the podium.

Most Improved Silver License Racer - John Wells - since joining John has improved steadily and is now producing some excellent qualifying performances.

A lot of racers have noticeably improved their driving and consistency over the year, but I picked out the two above for special mention as they have made significant strides

Merry Christmas to all racers and I look forward to seeing you all on track very soon

Next Championship - Trans Am and Can Am - Test Day Sunday 28th at 17:00 GMT

Last edited:
Member of the year! Thanks for those kind words Sick. Always a pleasure to help. 👍

And thanks for putting the time and effort into running another great series. I'll join you when I can in the next one.

A MERRY CHRISTMAS to all racers. And I also hope you have a Happy New Year.

Christmas_Mustang.jpg

And finally, I've found a picture of Sick Cylinder at Christmas in his first car. This is what started it all off. ;)

1964 xmas mustang mini car3.jpg

Hey everyone, I would just like to say it has been a pleasure racing with you this season and although I joined too late to be a championship contender, I at least left my mark. And since I don't think Sick is going to use the Renault Gordini for another series, I have decided to release my tune for it, as I think that the significant lap time difference between me and the other drivers was due to me simply having the better setup. I'll post the link to it tomorrow. :) Once again, thank you everyone and especially Sick for making the Classix Club one of the cleanest, friendliest, and funnest racing leagues in all of GTPlanet. :cheers:

Y
Hey everyone, I would just like to say it has been a pleasure racing with you this season and although I joined too late to be a championship contender, I at least left my mark. And since I don't think Sick is going to use the Renault Gordini for another series, I have decided to release my tune for it, as I think that the significant lap time difference between me and the other drivers was due to me simply having the better setup. I'll post the link to it tomorrow. :) Once again, thank you everyone and especially Sick for making the Classix Club one of the cleanest, friendliest, and funnest racing leagues in all of GTPlanet. :cheers:

You certainly left your mark Ryan with some amazing lap times and will definitely be a title contender in the next series if you are able to attend more rounds - I wish it was just down to car setup, but no, it's also about talent! Your Chaparral was also faster than other peoples and that was tuning prohibited!

Last edited:
Y

You certainly left your mark Ryan with some amazing lap times and will definitely be a title contender in the next series if you are able to attend more rounds - I wish it was just down to car setup, but no, it's also about talent! Your Chaparral was also faster than other peoples and that was tuning prohibited!

Thank you for your kind words, Sick. :) Even though skill and practice would have also played an important part, it's been a while since I posted a tune, so since I would like to become better-known as a tuner, I'll post it since it will then have the pedigree of getting numerous pole positions and two wins in Sick Cylinder's Historic BSCC series! :D I'll also post a tune for the regular Renault Gordini because unless you know what you're doing with the tuned Gordini, it can be quite tricky and well, :scared:. I'll have it posted by the end of the day, along with the regular Gordini. Please rate and review them! By the way, anyone car to try out my #5 top rated top rated tune in the directory for the Formula Gran Turismo? Here it is: Formula Gran Turismo

And finally, I've found a picture of Sick Cylinder at Christmas in his first car. This is what started it all off. ;)

View attachment 277834

Unfortunately nothing as grand as a Ford Mustang pedal car - my first car was pedal powered, but had no body - it had no differential so the pedals only drove and braked one of the rear wheels - with the result that I wore right through the rubber of that tyre!

There was a girl in my class whose kid brother had a beautiful Austin J40 pedal car in cream with red upholstery and real chrome bumpers and hub caps - that's what I really wanted!

pc-here.jpg

Back