CLASSIC RACING Sundays 17:00-19:00 GMT: "Ford Ferrari Wars" LEX CHAMP by 1 Point!Finished 

Alright! I have quite a bit to say about this week's races.

The BSCC went very smoothly for me. No bugs, nothing. I managed to finish in without a single mistake too! Having such a bug free race is very rare these days. I was satisfied with the outcome too.

In the FFW race there was a pit bug involved, but I doubt it had anything to do with the position I finished in. I got pushed into the sand a few times, but that also doesn't matter. At about the last 2-3 laps my car was simply undriveable! No, I'm not exaggerating. Willow springs is just not very kind to the Corvette with all these high speed corners. Anyway, I had one of the rear tires at 0 while the other was 5... in addition to the 600+ horsepower, that was just hell. The horsepower wasn't even the issue here. The car just didn't go straight at all. I even tried clearing the last lap in 5th gear only, but it just wouldn't stay on the track lol. I was going through a corner at like 80 kph in 5th gear.. and the car just spun out as I turned the wheel just a little. I couldn't finish the race, I just kept spinning before the finishing line haha. The Corvette is simply mad :lol:.

This reminds me of the previous championship. I drove the Corvette Stingray racer concept in this same track, and that car also suffered from a similar issue. I guess the track just hates classic Corvettes?

In the last race there wasn't much, but I had the pit bug :/ it delayed me quite a bit and I was all the way in the back. I'm a bit angry at that cause I believe I had a good chance of winning! oh well, it happens I guess.

I wish PD would fix all their bugs sometime in the future... or at least in GT7 lol. Oh I also experienced another bug today on another server, but it doesn't hurt very much. I couldn't enter the track because it told me my car had to be FR, while all the others on the track were driving MRs. I told the host and he also had the same problem haha. Anyway, that was easily fixed by changing the regulations back and forth.

Anyway, it was still very fun! Looking forward to next week.

Last edited:
Race Report - Willow Springs, Big Willow

Historic BSCC - Mini, Renault 8 Gordini, Buick Special (350bhp, 640kg, 530PP)

Apologies to Ryan Racer for not holding a restart when you arrived, but we had already been delayed by a few people having problems entering or staying in the room - I didn't feel we could do a restart or the schedule would slip too much. A big welcome back to Emotional Rekz, racing with us again after a break.

The front rows of the grid were filled with Renaults and Buicks with most of the Mini's, including mine, further back. The Mini with it's FF configuration doesn't get as much traction off the line, but I picked up a few places when a gaggle of cars braked too late at turn one and drove off the track. At one point all I could see was smoke as several cars had an incident in front of me - the film "Days of Thunder" came into my head (the Tom Cruise Nascar film) and I remembered the advice that the veteran racer gave to Tom - "Steer straight for the smoke because by the time you get there the track will be clear". It proved to be great advice as I sailed through and found myself in 4th place. Danielsspel came past, but lost control - he was driving very well and I knew it was only a matter of time before he made a pass stick. Sure enough next time he made no mistakes. We pitted together and he then opened up a gap before the chequered flag fell.

1st - Pimiki
2nd - Lex Lathor
3rd - Rehdogg
4th - Danielsspel

Ford Ferrari Wars - 1960's LMP's & GT Cars (Tuning Prohibited)

Ryan set a blistering pace in practise to secure the pole position for Chaparral. I was behind Lex Lathor's Ford Mark 4 and was working out which side of him to go - the 5 speed Ferrari has better acceleration than the 4 speed Ford and much better acceleration off the line than the 3 speed Chaparral. I expected to be able to get past Lex and Ryan and follow Smiley's Jaguar XJ13 into the first corner then act as a bit of a rolling road block until inevitably the faster drivers got past. But it was not to be - Lex false started in the Ford which triggered a false start from me and I found myself well down the order. I was behind a couple of the Category 2 cars including a Cobra and Rehdoggs Corvette. The combination of the straightline speed from the 629bhp Corvette, it's lurid slides and smoke made passing a question of waiting for the right moment rather than rushing and risking a collision. Eventually I worked my way up to 5th and started lapping some of the Category 2 cars. I found myself passing Ryan while he was in the pits, which I couldn't understand as he was setting a hot pace and I assumed had a huge lead, but he soon repassed me and pulled away. Towards the end I found that uneven tyre wear made the Ferrari slightly tricky to control and after coming off on the main straight I dropped my pace by a second a lap for a safe fifth, but a long way behind the leaders. Despite the false starts it was a very satisfying race and the lapping of other cars added to the feeling of being in a real historic endurance race.

1st - Smiley - Jaguar XJ13
2nd - Emotional Rekz - Ferrari 330 P4
3rd - Lex Lathor - Ford Mark 4
4th - Ryan Racer - Chaparral 2D
9th - Pimiki - 1st in Category 2 - Cobra 427
10th - Maximusmonster - 2nd in Category 2 - Cobra Daytona Coupe
11th - Rehdogg - 3rd in Category 2 - Corvette Race Car

Caterham Cup - Caterham Fireblade (Max Tune)

A wonderful car for this track and a perfect way to round off the meeting. Unfortunately the dreaded "pit bug" struck again and while having an enjoyable race in the mid-field I was trapped in the pits when I came in for my one compulsory stop. We also had the "wrong car bug" a few times during the meeting - where the game leaves the driver in their original car.

1st - Lex Lathor
2nd - Smiley
3rd - Rehdogg
4th - Pimiki
5th - Emotional Rekz
6th - Racercad
7th - Maximusmonster
8th - John Wells

Race photos and championship points tables to follow.

Next Round 13 of 15 - Deep Forest Reverse

To join this great series or the next one (Trans Am & Can Am) contact Sick_Cylinder

Last edited:
I felt so bad and disgusted with myself for ruining Ryan's race that I sat out the Caterham event.

Hah! But then I watched Ryan's last few laps and I feel MUCH better ;) Dude had no rubber and couldn't crawl in a straight line! The crown in the road was enough for him to slide into the ditch at a stand still! I've never seen tires that bad!

Lol. Sorry Ryan--that had to suck. But I'm very glad newtonian physics did you in, and not I.

I felt so bad and disgusted with myself for ruining Ryan's race that I sat out the Caterham event.

Hah! But then I watched Ryan's last few laps and I feel MUCH better ;) Dude had no rubber and couldn't crawl in a straight line! The crown in the road was enough for him to slide into the ditch at a stand still! I've never seen tires that bad!

Lol. Sorry Ryan--that had to suck. But I'm very glad newtonian physics did you in, and not I.

Ryan's speed in qualifying was unbelievable so presumably too fast for the tyres in the race without extra pit stops - Rehdogg had the same problem in Category 2 with the very powerful and heavy Corvette Race Car. I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I presume Flaco had a disconnection problem as we lost him during the Ford Ferrari Wars race.

BSCC & Caterham Points Rnd 12.jpg

FFW Points Rnd 12.jpg

Ford Ferrari Wars table has been amended as follows: Pimiki increased to 25 points, Rehdogg reduced to 16 points. Flaco retains 13 points i.e. disconnection points for a finish one place behind the last Category 2 finisher NB although he was disconnected before the race started he was attempting to race prior to the disconnection. That seems the fairest way to deal with this disconnection, but if any of the other Category 2 title contenders have an objection (Rehdogg, Max and Pimiki) please let me know.

With 75 points still available from the remaining 3 rounds a lot could still happen to these championship standings!

Next round 13 of 15 Deep Forest Reverse - to join in this series or the following series (Trans Am and Can Am please contact Sick_Cylinder

Last edited:
Sorry I missed last nights races, sounds like they were fun. Can one of you send me the qualifying orders please so that I can calculate the Jack Sears Trophy points please? Thanks.

Problem with internet. I was disconnected before the ffw race, from the lobby. I couldnt get the internet to work after that, it is ****** me off losing all these points, but I had zero in ffw and caterham.

I like the Cobra, it drives pretty nice, very controllable when it slides, however I had some connection issues which really doesn't matter since I didn't prepare enough for the race. The Mini where a bit unstable in a straight line but fast in corners, a little to fast from time to time! :-P Spent most of the evening tuning with a calculator even, and I've got it to handle extremely well, at least for Deep Forrest. I managed to do a lap somewhere between 1.10 and 1.30. Pretty sure I couldn't do it with the Buick though! ;-)

The Ford Ferrari Wars Championship table has now been corrected - I accidentally transposed Rehdogg and Pimiki's points - apologies for that and thanks for the honesty and eagle eyes of the racers.

The next Championships - Trans Am and Can Am - hopefully this will remove any confusion.

A few words about the next championships - I hope that you will all want to race in the next championships and that 1970 will not be too modern for you!

Trans Am 1 is for cars tuned to 350bhp maximum and 812kg minimum. All the cars are Standards. Everyone uses the same three cars - from Alfa Romeo, Pontiac and Mercury. Next week and for that week only the racers who finished 1st and 2nd use the Nissan Bluebird 510. To prevent any confusion I will indicate on the thread who is due to use the Nissan. The reason for introducing this is because the Nissan is not competitive with the other cars, but it is an iconic part of the history of Trans Am having won in 1971 and 1972 (driven by John Morton) and deserves to be represented. Also this system will shake up the races and winners as whoever is in the Nissan is unlikely to place in the top two that week - the people using it will therefore be different each week, but will be from our fastest racers.

Trans Am 2 is for cars with a maximum tune. The power and performance levels are not realistic, but like the real cars they require good throttle control to get round the track and preserve the tyres.

Gold and Platinum racers (Professionals) drive the Ford Mustang Mach 1, Dodge Challenger and Plymouth AAR Cuda.
Silver racers drive the Ford Mustang Mach 1, Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang Trans Cammer (Grand Touring Garage).

It is expected that the gold level drivers will win overall because their additional speed will offset any additional difficulty or lack of speed with the car, however to ensure absolute fairness two championships will be scored simultaneously - one overall and one by license grade.

Toyota 7 - Tuning Prohibited - this car is extremely fast, light and prone to wheelspin in the lower gears and therefore requires delicate throttle control, but it is very rewarding to drive and the many back end moments make for an exciting and entertaining race experience. The real Can Am (Group 7) cars were like this and despite being two seater sports cars sometimes set lap times faster than Formula one!

The order in which we use the cars for Trans Am 1 and 2 will be published. Car changes will be at rounds 6 and 11. If anyone has any queries please let me know.

I hope you choose to stick with Sick's Race Room - some of the series planned for 2015.

Combined Poster Winter & Spring 2015.jpg
Combined Poster Summer & Autumn 2015.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for not giving a warning about not attending. I was planning to, but them something suddenly came up. I hope everyone enjoyed this week's races!

Great racing again today:)

Are any of the race cars allowed in the Trans Am races?

Yes - the racing was very good today - Deep Forest always produces good racing forwards or backwards, maybe because more people know it well. The times that Ryan racer was achieving first in the Renault and then the Chaparral were quite amazing!

It was a shame to have Rehdogg, Flaco, Max, IfAndOr and Whispercrew missing today, but we had a great new racer - GKgamer made an excellent debut and braved the big time difference from his country. More details in the Race Report to follow.

Max / Nonka - yes, the RX8 seat always looks good on rigs - other seats to consider are some of the Ford ones especially Mondeo ST. Rover seats tend to be cheap - the ones from the MG badged cars are very sporty.

John - No - none of the current cars are used in the next series, but we will use the BSCC cars again next Autumn in Historic BSCC 2 with three extra cars. The "Ford Ferrari Wars" has worked well so I am currently working on a "Ford Ferrari Festival" which woulduse some of them again - but it might not be until 2016 unless it replaces something else.

Race Report - Round 13 of 15 - Deep Forest Reverse

Historic BSCC (640kg, 350bhp, 530PP)
Ryan Racer set a blistering pace in qualifying to secure the pole position in the Renault 8 Gordini with Renault's filling the next two slots, then came a Buick Special and a gaggle of Minis. The Mini is difficult to get off the line, but I made a reasonable start, but was nowhere near the pace of the front runners. Ryan had some problems during the race and parked up after a few laps. GKgamer made an excellent debut to secure 6th in his Mini.

1st - Pimiki
2nd - Smiley
3rd - Lex Lathor
4th - Makovics
5th Sick Cylinder
6th - GKgamer
7th - Danielsspel
8th - Racercad
9th - John Wells
10th - Tony Lomas
11th - Ryan Racer

Ford Ferrari Wars (Tuning Prohibited)
Ryan Racer set an amazing time to secure pole position in the Chaparral 2D, with Makovics second in his Jaguar XJ13. I started behind Lex Lathor in his Ford Mark 4 again, but this time made no mistakes at the start and was able to use the extra acceleration of the Ferrari to blast past a Jaguar, Ford and Chaparral into 2nd place behind Makovics. Inevitably most of the faster drivers came past, but I enjoyed trying to keep Smiley in sight and had a good, clean battle with the excellent GKgamer. Ryan tour up the track lapping most of the field including my 5th place. The tyres wore unevenly at this track causing me to spin on the second to last lap after which I heeded the warning and slowed down, but the tension was high as I could see a car gaining on me!

1st - Ryan Racer - Chaparral 2D
2nd - Makovics - Jaguar XJ13
3rd - Smiley - Jaguar XJ13
4th - GKgamer - Chaparral 2D
5th - Sick Cylinder - Ferrari 330 P4
6th - Lex Lathor - Ford Mark 4
9th - Pimiki - Shelby Cobra 427 - 1st in Category 2
11th - Danielsspel - Shelby Cobra 427 - 2nd in Category 2

Caterham Cup (Max Tune)
This car was a delight at this track, but I knew I wold be well off the pace of the leaders having previously done some practise with the very rapid Rehdogg who sadly was unable to attend the race meeting. Several drivers were unable to attend the full meeting so we had a reduced grid for the Caterhams'. I made a reasonable start and was holding a secure 4th place when unfortunately the dreaded "Pit Bug" struck again, for the second week in a row, trapping me in the pits and dropping me to a last place (7th) finish - I do hope that PD are able to get this bug fixed, because it keeps happening and I have now lost count of how many races I have had ruined by the "PitBug" over the course of this championship series. We also had the "Previous Car" Bug in both this race and the previous race, which is irritating and unnecessarily lengthens the race meeting - "come on PD get your fingers out - you introduced these bugs with updates and it is now high time they were cleared - "Pit Bug" arrived about 6 months ago and the "Previous car Bug" came with the last update.

1st - Makovics
2nd - Smiley
3rd - Lex Lathor
4th - Racercad
5th - Tony Lomas
6th - John Wells
7th - Sick Cylinder
8th - GKgamer - Disconnected

Championship tables to follow - with several high profile absences this week I think there may have been some changes!

Next Round 14 of 15 - Laguna Seca - To Join Us contact Sick Cylinder (PSN Sick_Cylinder)

Sorry Sick I was meant to say the American Race Cars Dodge and Cammo:)

Hi John - No - in Trans Am we are using the road car versions, not the race ones - it would be nice if PD could give us all the Trans Am cars in a race version, but at the moment there are only those two in the game.

Very sorry I missed the races. I am still struggeling with connection problems at the moment. And sorry Sick, I wasn't able to give warning on non-attendance. Really hope to sort things out for the last two races. Congratulations to the winners and podiums.

Hello there GTP'ers,

I am very much interested in joining this race.
However, as it stands now, I am a REAL novice at GT due to playing Forza 4 on the X360 for a while due to availability of cars that are close to my heart and the fact that one can change between 'HP/BHP/kW/PS (kW for me, always!'.

however, now that my X is down for the count, I'm back where I started, the original car game I always have and always will love - GT. My favorite one of all is GT4, for those interested. I have played very little of GT6 but I have considerable time behind the DS3, when counting all the hours from GT2 to GT6 and all the prologues/demos/concepts in between.

I'm in GMT+2 so I am always looking for EU racing series. Not that I don't like racing at 3-5am at night but I'm just usually watching something via PS3 Media Server at that time, I just prefer to leave the racing to the daytime, if at all possible.

Honest opinions very welcome,

Thank You :)

Hello there GTP'ers,

I am very much interested in joining this race.
However, as it stands now, I am a REAL novice at GT due to playing Forza 4 on the X360 for a while due to availability of cars that are close to my heart and the fact that one can change between 'HP/BHP/kW/PS (kW for me, always!'.

however, now that my X is down for the count, I'm back where I started, the original car game I always have and always will love - GT. My favorite one of all is GT4, for those interested. I have played very little of GT6 but I have considerable time behind the DS3, when counting all the hours from GT2 to GT6 and all the prologues/demos/concepts in between.

I'm in GMT+2 so I am always looking for EU racing series. Not that I don't like racing at 3-5am at night but I'm just usually watching something via PS3 Media Server at that time, I just prefer to leave the racing to the daytime, if at all possible.

Honest opinions very welcome,

Thank You :)

You are welcome to join us - I will send you a private message with more details.

Championship Points Tables

BSCC & Caterham Points.jpg
FFW Points.jpg

Race Photos

FFW Historic BSCC Poster.jpg

FFW FFW Poster.jpg

FFW Caterham Cup Poster.jpg

Next Round 14 of 15 Laguna Seca USA

Car of the week: Nissan R382 1969 Group 7 Sportscar - this beautiful 6 litre V12 monster was built to compete with and beat Toyota's 7 which it did. In the hands of M Kurosawa it also beat Lola T70's and the late great Jo Siffert's Porsche 917 at the Japan Grand Prix 1969. Please vote for this car to be added to the game:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nissan-r382-1969-group-7-sports-car.311137/

p59-07.jpg

Last edited:
Yes - the racing was very good today - Deep Forest always produces good racing forwards or backwards, maybe because more people know it well. The times that Ryan racer was achieving first in the Renault and then the Chaparral were quite amazing!

It was a shame to have Rehdogg, Flaco, Max, IfAndOr and Whispercrew missing today, but we had a great new racer - GKgamer made an excellent debut and braved the big time difference from his country. More details in the Race Report to follow.

Max / Nonka - yes, the RX8 seat always looks good on rigs - other seats to consider are some of the Ford ones especially Mondeo ST. Rover seats tend to be cheap - the ones from the MG badged cars are very sporty.

John - No - none of the current cars are used in the next series, but we will use the BSCC cars again next Autumn in Historic BSCC 2 with three extra cars. The "Ford Ferrari Wars" has worked well so I am currently working on a "Ford Ferrari Festival" which woulduse some of them again - but it might not be until 2016 unless it replaces something else.
I'm sorry about missing Sunday--I did not intend to!

Saturday night there was an LA Harbor Christmas parade of decorated boats that passed by our marina. After too much drinking on the docks, we found ourselves miles at sea on a friend's large motor yacht grilling food until about 3:00 am. We woke up on our own boat about an hour after your races started. By the time we got home, it was too late, and I was still in no condition to drive.

Shame on me.

Saturday night there was an LA Harbor Christmas parade of decorated boats that passed by our marina. After too much drinking on the docks, we found ourselves miles at sea on a friend's large motor yacht grilling food until about 3:00 am. We woke up on our own boat about an hour after your races started. By the time we got home, it was too late, and I was still in no condition to drive.

It's a hard life! Beats a caravan in Skegness!

skegness_big.png

Above UK glamour below Whispercrew glamour!

prelude-superyacht-rear-view.jpg

Good News - the new 600PP seasonal is at Laguna Seca so you can use your Category 1 Jaguar, Ferrari, Ford or Chaparral for the seasonal and get some extra practise at the same time!

Last edited:
It's a hard life! Beats a caravan in Skegness!

skegness_big.png

Above UK glamour below Whispercrew glamour!

prelude-superyacht-rear-view.jpg

Good News - the new 600PP seasonal is at Laguna Seca so you can use your Category 1 Jaguar, Ferrari, Ford or Chaparral for the seasonal and get some extra practise at the same time!
LOL, I wish! Nothing so glamourous.

Love Leguna Seca.

My wedding anniversary is tomorrow night.

I'm not optimistic that I'll be up and awake by race time. I want to be there, but don't count on me.

Back