Cleanest Race.

Gran Turismo7058

(Banned)
Messages
4,860
what was your cleanest race you ever raced? If you have a replay feel free to post it.

My cleanest was at Tokyo R246. Pro JGTC, using the Diablo JGTC. I was with the pack the whole race. It looked like a real race on TV!
 
wow, i've been thinking a lot about that lately, and finding it impossible to do. i want to submit some of my course records to racing line, but when i push real hard i seem to touch a wall or get all four wheels off the track somewhere. if i'm having a hard time just getting one clean, fast lap on my memory card, dang, i need to practice more to get an entire race i'd want a replay of.:banghead:
 
My cleanest race? why, of course at the test course with the f090s! every single car was within sight of each other
 
Originally posted by craig
wow, i've been thinking a lot about that lately, and finding it impossible to do. i want to submit some of my course records to racing line, but when i push real hard i seem to touch a wall or get all four wheels off the track somewhere. if i'm having a hard time just getting one clean, fast lap on my memory card, dang, i need to practice more to get an entire race i'd want a replay of.:banghead:

I stay behind the AI until ether the end of the race or until I master there line.
 
Originally posted by halfracedrift
My cleanest race? why, of course at the test course with the f090s! every single car was within sight of each other

Images of 'Like the Wind' race comes to mind.....
 
I've had a fewclean laps at Seattle, but unfortunately I don't have an XPort/Sharkport/Video capture card/digital camera so I can't post them.
 
Hmmm... I have clean races all of the time. Usually, it's the AI cars that bump me... I'll occasionally hit the back of a car on accident when it sets its braking point much farther back than mine, but otherwise, I'm usually no-touchie...
 
I usually run fairly clean races unless I'm way ahead of everyone... then I tend to not pay attention and hit the walls more often.
 
i run clean in the way of hitting cars but hitting walls no go... i only hit cars when they bug me... my amature dream car... everytime iw ould get my zonda a slight drift... they hit me, i go spin their 15 seconds aheadthen soon as i catch up they brake early i hit them im goin slow back up to 8...
 
i ran a 10 laper of cote this mornin that was mainly clean.
i dont hit walls much and try not to hit other cars.
clean is my middle name :D
 
Ving, instaed of the Fiat Coupes, you are putting your main focus on Black 300ZX's.......?
 
Any race that i do in the TORC series...
they all have to be clean and only using arcade cars to boot
 
I race clean races....sometimes. If i feel in teh mood i'll see what car is my fav in teh race and if it's losing i'll go and hi the car in the lead until it catchs up, sometimes i did it so much i lost but hey it's fun :D
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
Images of 'Like the Wind' race comes to mind.....
actually.. for 'Like the Wind'.. i just used a maxed escudo.. slapped on the wheelie settings..... taped the x button down.. thats it... =p i finished the race in like.. 15 minutes i think =)
 
enjoying the game then? ;)
 
my cleanest race was on the test course we were all really close and i beat the mazda 787B by .001 and i ain;t kidding either had to draft off him :lol: :lol:
 
Originally posted by GT-OneMan2119
my cleanest race was on the test course we were all really close and i beat the mazda 787B by .001 and i ain;t kidding either had to draft off him :lol: :lol:

Same here. One time I spun his arse coming through the last corner.
 
Originally posted by GT-OneMan2119
my cleanest race was on the test course we were all really close and i beat the mazda 787B by .001 and i ain;t kidding either had to draft off him :lol: :lol:

This reminds me of the Test Course run I had with my Denso Supra against the R390 and GT-One Race Car... the R390 had me by 20 MPH on top speed and the GT-One by 10 MPH, but the R390 accelerates like a bat outta hell, so I had to draft off the GT-One until he pitted on lap 7 then the R390 pitted on 9, and when he came outta the pits I was a few seconds ahead of him, and I had to draft him to the finish... but I screwed it up and tried to slam him into the wall, got all sideways and he flew to the finish... how damn disappointing... most fun I've ever had on the test course though.

I won the R390 from that championship though, and then put wheelie settings on it today and got it up to 900 mph, and when I hit the wall I spun about 15 times all the way around the turn nearly. That was fun 8) Got the replay (think it flashed 900 on lap 6, and I KNOW I hit 900 on lap 8)
 
I always run clean races! ;)
 
Z350 completely straight through Seattle during an OLR series. Missed posting it because I had to work a weekend - Gutted :( . Would have beaten everyone and remains the only GT3 save I've kept as it was just under 1.5 secs quicker than I've ever been able to run since. Just too nostalgic I guess... :rolleyes:
 
the 350Z is a sweet car, the burnt orange color even grows on you after you get used to it not being silver 8-P (got the game after the 350 came out and THEY"RE ALL SILVER! at least here in Dallas)

Mind sharing your setup? I luv that car (my favorite real car - that you can buy in the states for a reasonable amount of money, and that they still make... they stopped making supra's and 3000gt's right?)
 
The GTL at www.granturismo.de has recently added a rule that no AI contact may be made at all. Races of 5 laps and under must be 100% wall-touch free and off-free (an off is where at least 3 wheels are entirely off a racing surface - lines, tarmac, kerbs).

So "every race in that series" and the 9Boards, and GTD, and GTD2 are my cleanest races ever...

My favourite race - the one with which I was most satisfied - was a PD Cup run at SSR5 in the TVR Speed 12. 3 wall-brushes in the entire race (and I mean "brushes" - no noise, no perceptible loss of speed).
 
nice 👍 cos that thing can be a handful
 
Originally posted by Jaster83
...
Mind sharing your setup? I luv that car (my favorite real car - that you can buy in the states for a reasonable amount of money, and that they still make... they stopped making supra's and 3000gt's right?)
Sorry, no setup. The series was run with the cars 'out of the box'.
 
Originally posted by Gran Turismo7058
Can anyone come up with a cleaner race other than test course?

In the professional Vitz Race, on the Rome (II ?) course I don't think there was any contact made bewteen cars, even though there was only 1.5 seconds between the whole 6. It really made a change.
 
I always try to get clean races - I have to get clean ones in the F1 comp on here so its kinda rubbed off on the rest of the races I do now !! Not a bad thing tho I dont spose
 
Originally posted by Gran Turismo7058
Ving, instaed of the Fiat Coupes, you are putting your main focus on Black 300ZX's.......?
I actually prefer them in yellow, but yeah.

I like 300zxs too :)
and altezzas
 
Back