Cleaning the Disc

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 41 comments
Fixed it.

Its hard to make out the scratch, but I can somewhat see it. If your disc is still recognizable then the easiest fix right now is getting a working disc and installing the game to your HD. Afterwards all you would need is to have your "broken" disc in the hard drive in order for it to work. All it takes, after the game is installed to your HD, is to have the original disc to launch it.

That is only if the disc reads "forza horizon" after you slap it in. If, however, it reads "unrecognizable disc" then, you would most likely have to get a whole new game all together.

Its hard to make out the scratch, but I can somewhat see it. If your disc is still recognizable then the easiest fix right now is getting a working disc and installing the game to your HD. Afterwards all you would need is to have your "broken" disc in the hard drive in order for it to work. All it takes, after the game is installed to your HD, is to have the original disc to launch it.

That is only if the disc reads "forza horizon" after you slap it in. If, however, it reads "unrecognizable disc" then, you would most likely have to get a whole new game all together.

Isn't copying games illegal though?

Isn't copying games illegal though?

Install games to your hard drive by pressing "X" for game details while your hovering over the game, after you insert the disc.. lol..

Every game can do it.

Install games to your hard drive by pressing "X" for game details while your hovering over the game, after you insert the disc.. lol..

Every game can do it.

Interesting...

So, the game will run from the HD but the disc has to be in the console to work?

I'll try that.

Interesting...

So, the game will run from the HD but the disc has to be in the console to work?

I'll try that.

Like they said, you can install the game from a rental, but need a disc for the game to start. SOOO you may have to break down and buy a new game...

Like they said, you can install the game from a rental, but need a disc for the game to start. SOOO you may have to break down and buy a new game...

Yeah, I might have to get a new game then. But I don't know what to do with the old one. I can't sell a broken game.

If the game actually reads, then what you can do is go rent a copy from red box. Install it to your HD and then as long as your scratched disc still reads as "forza horizon" instead of "unrecognizable disc" or something along that, it should still work.

Installed games are locked to the disc that installed them.

You can't install with one disc and then use another to play it, despite being the exact same game. The console knows somehow.

After viewing that messed up FM4 shot, reminds me of something...

Anybody remember the disappearing tracks syndrome from FM2? Had to change my disc twice I think...

Ahh, good memories! :sly:

I have come to a conclusion and decided that I will buy a newer Forza Horizon. I'll just leave the broken one in my closet or something.

I don't know if it will save my progress, I just got a Gold Wristband before I scratched it. I spent a good 1 1/2 months working on that.

Back