Clearing Cache

  • Thread starter Thread starter SmileyOr1
  • 11 comments
  • 1,047 views
Messages
341
United States
Oregon, USA
How long does it take on a system that hasn't been cleared in a couple months?

I'm going on 10 minutes waiting for it to finish.

I may have to reboot it.
 
Is the HDD light blinking? If so, leave it there, it's still working.
 
Leave it be, may be it's just stalling
 
Solid orange/yellow on the HDD light. Nothing as far as sounds that are designed into these HDD's to let you know they're working.

I'm going to reset it in a few minutes.
 
I know loading a new update can take a while, but it shows a progress bar. This just shows the blue bar streaking left then right continuously.
 
I'm pretty sure it can take >20min.
 
I just did it for the first time since January and it took a little over 10 minutes. Let it do it's thing.
 
maby a stupid question but how do you do that and what is the purpose of it??
 
MCT
maby a stupid question but how do you do that and what is the purpose of it??

From your GT page (Main page) click on the little gear wheel in the lower left of your screen. Click options, scroll down to network and click on it then click the reset cache button. Purpose is to clear out the buffer that stores up during online activities to make for a smoother experience the next time you are online.

To answer the original post when i've been online for a long period like 4-5 hours my cache stores up so much it takes several minutes to clear it.

When your talking months of not clearing itt out then I'm not surprised it would take 30 minutes or more.
 
Wow, I think I will have to do that too sometime. Never cleared cache since I have my PS3 :scared: I bought it with GTA IV coming out. (3 years ago now?)
 
Wow, I think I will have to do that too sometime. Never cleared cache since I have my PS3 :scared: I bought it with GTA IV coming out. (3 years ago now?)

Just do it and watch a TV show then come back to it. The more you stare at it the more you think it's frozen. :D
 
Back