Clio Cup European Championship - Next race friday at 9.30 British time

  • Thread starter Thread starter racingzack
  • 202 comments
  • 10,127 views
!!!Big News!!!

*all events have been delayed by ten minutes so we wait for people to join.
*First race will begin at 6.15 GMT+1 (British summer time)
​
 
Race 1 - Deep forest raceway

1st) IMMORTALPILOT (0 pitstops)
2nd) diddy49 (1 pitstop)
3rd) killer1midget (1 pitstop)
4ht) nealcropper (0 pitstop)

Race 2 Deep forest raceway

1st) IMMORTALPILOT (0 pitstops)
2nd) diddy49 (0 pitsops)
3rd) nealcropper (0 pitstops)
4th) killer1midget (1 pitstop)

Race 3 Deep forest raceway

1st) IMMORTALPILOT (0 pitstops)
2nd) diddy49 (0 pitstops)
3rd) killer1midget (0 pitstops)

Disconnected) nealcropper


IMMORTALPILOT looking a favourite for winning the championship after dominating the preseason race whith speed and tyre saving skill is there anyone who can challenge him at the first round on Friday where hopefully more will turn up!
 
Last edited:
Got d/c'd last race. Gutted. Still waiting for it to connect to GT5's server.

EDIT: had to turn PS3 off cause it won't connect to server.
 
I invited a friend to join the tournament to team up with me, I'm waiting for an answer, if he says yes, neither he nor I will participate in the first round, because of the place we live (up to 9 hour-difference) and we will be busy at the hour of the first race, we need to set up the cars so they will fit the tournament regulations (we'll use the premium Clio V6), make them look exactly the same, and then name the team.

I have a question... Is there only the power, weight and trasmision limitations right?
Can we tune LSD, suspension, downforce and brakes?
 
For your v6 premium clios we will let you tune them because our trophyclios are slightly fastest.
 
Last edited:
Put me in a Clio Trophy please.
 
Hey, my friend will not be participating :ouch:, and I found a Throphy Race Car in the UCD, lucky me!!! :dopey:
So that car limits are 315 bhp, 1150 kg and everything else stock right?
 
yes the car limits 315bhp and 1150kg with everything stock
 
Forgot my team name: Michelin Racing. :lol:
 
Have you got a friend or do you want to team up with someone so you can score points towards the team championship?
 
I'm interested. Sign me up.
 
cool, ill add you to the table. :D

i take it your going to be a privateer
 
Yeah but sponsored by D-Max ;)

Looking forward to it already.
 
I'd like to join but i don't have an un-tuned Clio Cup Trophy. Someone here mentioned that they had a few Clio Cups, can they lend me one :D
 
You can use it but just don't adjust suspension and all that.

Just limit the bhp to 315, thats what where doing :)
 
Well you might as well limit to just Cilo Cup Trophy cars. Saves the agg of one lot cars being faster than the v6 cilos. But its your event man. :)
 
Also how do you plan on making it so that the people in the race cars can't adjust anything, and the premium v6's can? Also how do you prove that somebody has changed something?
 
You cant. But if tuning is prohibited then you cant use the car if you have done Chassis reinforcement - upgraded the engine ect.. (which most people have done). I would hope that people dont cheat.

I think that everyone who has signed up has now got trophy clio, i only alloud it because one of the first people where going to use a V6 but now they have a trophy clio, so now it can be trophy only.

!!EDIT!!

-To see if someone is cheating we can do a random car check after a race to see if anybody's cheating - is that a good idea?
 
Last edited:
There is still no way of checking because you can just revert to default settings. Like you said, all you can do is trust people. I have no delusions that I am going to win the league, I know I am not good enough. But that still won't make me want to cheat.
 
I think judging by IMMORTALPILOTS performance at Deep Forest Raceway that he looks rather untouchable lol
 
racingzack
I think judging by IMMORTALPILOTS performance at Deep Forest Raceway that he looks rather untouchable lol

Told ya he was an alien!
 
Unless you tell everyone to do chassis reinforcement then there won't be a problem. I don't think i've done that on my cilo. I would set the max bhp and/or weight. Then give the option for people to change there setup.

But then again it's your event man. I don't want to seem like telling you want to do or anything. Just a way to solve a problem.
 
haha

and

there are a few people who have the basic trophy clios who joined at the start and i dont want them to be at a disadvantage.
 
mcgloney
unless you tell everyone to do chassis reinforcement then there won't be a problem. I don't think i've done that on my cilo. I would set the max bhp and/or weight. Then give the option for people to change there setup.

But then again it's your event man. I don't want to seem like telling you want to do or anything. Just a way to solve a problem.

+1
 
haha

and

there are a few people who have the basic trophy clios who joined at the start and i dont want them to be at a disadvantage.

There won't be if everyone has the same chassis reinforcement. It's the easiest way to level things out.
 
ill add that everyone can now the chassis reinforcement then :)


**EDIT**

-We now have 13 people competing in the championship! only 3 spaces left :)
 
Last edited:
The day before yesterday I raced at Laguna Seca with the tournament limitations and fuel and tire depletion on, My tires made decent lap times during 10 laps (around 1:28 and 1:31) until I crashed into the corkscrew, too bad that I won't be in the season's first race :(
 
Last edited:
You can have 2 rules and enforce it. Here's how:

Set rules to tuning prohibited.
All drivers with Clio Trophy join track.
Set rules to tuning allowed.
All premium Clio's (tuned) join and then no one is allowed to leave track.
Start qualifying...

Same as if you have different PP, weight or BHP in a race.
 
GTP_J_Turner
You can have 2 rules and enforce it. Here's how:

Set rules to tuning prohibited.
All drivers with Clio Trophy join track.
Set rules to tuning allowed.
All premium Clio's (tuned) join and then no one is allowed to leave track.
Start qualifying...

Same as if you have different PP, weight or BHP in a race.

Brilliant idea!
 
Back