Close Finishes (online)

• Thread starter uk86ze
  • 32 comments
GTP_uk86ze
Were always having close races with fellow members and non members but how close.
So heres a thread to post up how close you finished over the finishing line.
Photographic evidence please and heres mine to start of with.
IMG_0357.jpg

I can do one better..

DTWmetro and I had a tie at Fuji PP600 in the R8. 0'00.000 :)

While practicing for the garage showdown me and GTP_ANGELx both were in Dodge Viper SRT10s at Fuji and we finished with 2 other Audi R8s within .040. All 4 cars within .040

We would have beat them easily down the straight but they started swerving and blocking

Sorry i don't sit there with a camera as mentioned, heck i don't even have my own camera that i could set up at the same time. Closest i've had cept a 0.001 which i managed, was 5 cars within 0.7 on Daytona speedway.

I had an exact tie once on suzuka once... and it wasn't 0'00.000. It was like 7'25.839 or something like that.

Luke

There was no split between the times. I can get DTWmetro to post here and a witness if that is required. But I promise you that we tied.. However I won and he got second place. So if there was a split, it was by the thousands of seconds or prehaps millions.

There was no split between the times. I can get DTWmetro to post here and a witness if that is required. But I promise you that we tied.. However I won and he got second place. So if there was a split, it was by the thousands of seconds or prehaps millions.

Oh! Ok I misunderstood what you meant. No I believe you like I said it's happened to me before! :)

Luke

Yes, it is true. We were practicing for the R8 tournament about two weeks ago. I believe Earth, vanos2990, and Vaxen were in that race too, if more witnesses are preferred. But yes, it is completely true.

On another note how about this? Not as close as some, but still a pretty tight finish:
DSC01707.jpg

I blew it on Casio on the last lap, and Z got the inside line on me. From there it was a straight line race, and since my car had a lot of camber, I lost. R8s always seem to produce stupidly close races for some reason.

I actually had a TIE tonite at Fuji PP700, I was ahead in the Amuse S2k Amuse but the Viper was closing in fast right at the line. I ended up getting 2nd, but the times showed were identical for 1-2. I shoulda took a pic.

me and AERO_HDT had a really close battle, remember Aero? the bhp wars from the chicane to the line :lol:? we was pretty much neck and neck because he had the quicker exit from the chicane but mine had the extra bhp. i didn't catch the time because it was just a 1 v 1 race and as soon as we crossed the line it went straight to the part where it gives you money. i'd guess to say it was less then a hundreth.

Here's the closest I've been in - HyperUK was in the lead and braked on the finish line to show his appreciation for what had been 3 laps of bumper to bumper racing. I was so close out of sheer instinct I swerved round him...

GT5p close finish.jpg

i've had one with tameturtle that was 0.020 difference between p1 him and p2 me. i didn't get a pic. i'll try and get one on the next close race i have.

Here's the closest I've been in - HyperUK was in the lead and braked on the finish line to show his appreciation for what had been 3 laps of bumper to bumper racing. I was so close out of sheer instinct I swerved round him...

Nice! :) Two of my best races to date have been against you Stotty. Great racing. 👍

Nice! :) Two of my best races to date have been against you Stotty. Great racing. 👍

Likewise hyperUK... I always enjoy our tussels.... Be prepared for me to either get quicker or become a mobile roadblock though... I just ordered a G25 this afternoon!!

Likewise hyperUK... I always enjoy our tussels.... Be prepared for me to either get quicker or become a mobile roadblock though... I just ordered a G25 this afternoon!!

Good man. You will not regret the G25. I just tried a couple of races with the pad as my rig is sitting in the garden drying after its second coat, and i was terrible. Plus shifting full throtle with the clutch is a nice advantage to have.
driving.gif

Good man. You will not regret the G25. I just tried a couple of races with the pad as my rig is sitting in the garden drying after its second coat, and i was terrible. Plus shifting full throtle with the clutch is a nice advantage to have.
driving.gif

So that's how you catch me up ;)

Hade some close racing with challah rajih (sp) at fuji PP600 in our R8's. One race I edged him out by .001, and then the next race he beat me by .007.

Also had some close races with SimcoeAce. He was ahead of me coming into the last chicane on the last lap and I out braked him and passed him cleanly in the chincane. His little beast of a Renault out accelerated me to the finish line by just a tad though. I think that race was within.. .10 or so.

Ryan Gee, you have played against that Vico_0..... What a Mother ****er this guy:grumpy:

Back