*Close(

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 106 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I join?

Scr33x0r #27 if available

of course thats makes 16 people now so anyone else who ants to join sadly you will be put on the reserve list now.

The lobby will open just before 8pm BST tonight

Please use the below guide for you timezone.

d2811e25a725a0be4c9449c5078705ae.png

I’ am way too late for making a good livery , but when you guy’s have a place for reserve player, then i really would like to join ..

Your ID seems protected. I also cannot send you a PB message ?

Can you add me on PSN ? Macboyilija so that I can find your room ?

More people cannot enter.

To anyone having issues joining add me on psn Coxbox

New lobby Up

Last edited:
Sadly I missed this tonight but will endeavour to make debut next week. Also if anyone is running practice events through week!

If this **** happens again next week I don't think I'll bother starting up GT Sport again.

If this **** happens again next week I don't think I'll bother starting up GT Sport again.
To be honest I don't think this will be possible anymore, the game can't handle people racing so speaking to my friends in the party we are all going to bin the game.

Whats the point in racing when you can't even start the race>

I would like to thank you all for joining and taking things serious but this is not going to work with GT Sport servers.

Shame
To be honest I don't think this will be possible anymore, the game can't handle people racing so speaking to my friends in the party we are all going to bin the game.

Whats the point in racing when you can't even start the race>

I would like to thank you all for joining and taking things serious but this is not going to work with GT Sport servers.

This is such a shame.

It was shaping up into a nice little racing league. The kind of 'emergent' / organic multi player gaming that would keep the game and community engaged over and above the lucky few who make the FIA races.

I enjoyed the racing. I must admit the bugs in the game make it frustrating. And to be honest a bit of a farce. I can see why people give up.

I would like to say "thanks coxbox" for organising this, putting your effort and free time into laying down the rules, compiling the league points, etc.

Ce la vie.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and the friendly racing.
DmroNagXcAMZat-.jpg:large

He guys. It was clearly a server problem. Very frustrating. When the room was full everything went oke. When we started the race all went wrong. We did a standing start. I heard of the rollin’ start bug. But now it was the standing start bug.

Thanks for your patience coxbox. I did not like it the race was started with half field, but who can you blame. Frustrating part was that during the race the connection of the server restored.

We all so much wanted to race .... spend hours today on this race ....

DO NOT GIVE UP......

I run two series under the WRS banner that are FUN series ( No steward support) . One is Ring Rats with both 2 and three hour races at the Nordschliefe with mandatory 5 min pit stops every hour (for our older members....like me...lol) and the other is a boost series (Pack Racing) also at the Ring with short sprints. We run weekday afternoon and evenings with the Pack , and Sundays at Zulu minus 5 for the Endurance Series. Both rooms are plagued with the typical problems. We race around them. The primary problem we have found is invisibility. In GTS we have found that rebooting the room does not work (nor does leaving and re-entering the room) so we change hosts instead. For some reason the system works best when the least likely to work host (under the old GT6 regime) is selected. For example the guy furthest from our members (both Europe and NA) is in Argentina. If we have any problems we start a new room with him as host and we are off and running.

Also we run Private rooms. This means that the host must have FRd the members for them to see the room. In GT6, if you had a Fiend in the room you could see the room. Now, if the room is Private you MUST be a friend of the HOST to see it. If the room is open then you can see the room if one of your friends are in the room.

It also appears that if you are not a friend of the host in a private room that even keying in the room address will not work.

Just my thoughts....but do not quit.......I'll see if I can make it....and...go find a South American!!!! ...or Kiwi.

EDIT: we were racing today with 7 or 8 guys while you were having problems...so try a Yank or a Canuk for host...might work

Sport Mode lobbies where dropping players like flies tonight, have just done a Race C that took an age to load and when it did there were 11 racers in there, usually 20. 👍

Thanks for the support but i am done with GT sport, a key basic principle of a racing game is that you can race online .

The game is broken and the nothing is done to fix things, time for project cars i think.

I think it is asking a lot, 15-16 people put time into making liveries, setting personal time aside to practise and participate. To have this happen, a year into the game's release, to me, it is unacceptable, especially for a game with a supposed "online" focus

Follow @GTP_Nail advice on running private lobbies. Public lobbies can become very unstable with random people jumping in & out.

We all agree that this game is full of bugs that PD will probably never fix. They haven't even made an attempt to fix any of the lobby issues and just keep making it worse with each passing update. Anyway I'm not going to go into a full blown rant about how much PD cares about it's customers but instead try to offer more advice to help you.

There are people posting here who run other leagues with some amount of success so I thought I would share what has worked for me so far as a host.
You should also ask your members to try and help by doing this too.

1. Always run a Private lobby and send friend invites to all your members

2. Delete your PS4 (cache) temporary internet files .

3. Reboot your internet modem.

4. Disconnect all electronic devices from your internet like phones, computers or anything running off your WiFi.

5. Do not have live chat going on during the race.

6. Do not live stream the race without a fast internet connection.

7. Hardwire your PS4 and do not race online by WiFi.

If you do not have a super fast internet connection then following these six steps will help your internet connection and should give you the best results as allowed from your service provider.

I would not attempt 5 & 6 without having an internet speed of at least a 100 mbps or more.

Just don't give up yet. I seen your lobby up today and it had 15 out of 16 players so obviously you have a series that people want to join and that's not always a given.

Was nothing to do with Internet speed or streaming, the game is just broken seen these problems too many times, race worked fin last week so for me the game cannot handle that many players. if you cannot fix day 1 bugs then i am out thanks for the advice, Time to go put more time in to other games like elite dangerous and PC2.

*this thread can be closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back