CLOSED: The Photomode Competition: Week 19

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 174 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to capture my Subaru Scalextric with REAL working headlights :)

FINAL ENTRY

SpecialStageRoute5_2-1.jpg

FULL SIZE:http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad144/honkydonky/SpecialStageRoute5_2.jpg

This is from my older stuff. But I think it deserves more exposure (no pun intended).

Final Entry

Crap, I already had a shoot there for the exact same reason. Your picture's much better though as I couldn't get an angle that far away. How'd you do that?

Why aren't many of the submissions making proper usage of the miniature filter? :P

Final Entry

@ Suzuka Circut

.:: Click above to make me big ::.​

After struggling around in plenty of hours i give up, think this comes out somewhat ok:)

Why aren't many of the submissions making proper usage of the miniature filter? :P

I agree, there are a majority of close-ups. I feel that very few close-up shots with that filter looks good. The borderline with the blur combining with the focused part becomes a bit distracting.

I found that when shooting with the filter, there will always be some shots that dont display the car in a miniature fashion. The shot still looks great, but the car doesnt appear mini. But still its shot with the correct filter, so it would technically still be a legal entry.

FINAL ENTRY
Everyone knows this is how you corner in Scalextric! :P

Click for full size

you just won 1 vote !

Haha thanks! If i make the poll that is.

Very well done, my first attempts were at that track but I was unable to get an excellent angle like that 👍

Crap, I already had a shoot there for the exact same reason. Your picture's much better though as I couldn't get an angle that far away. How'd you do that?

It was taken from one of those fixed angles (pressing Select). Anyone can do it! Your car just has to be at the right spot ;)

I agree, there are a majority of close-ups. I feel that very few close-up shots with that filter looks good. The borderline with the blur combining with the focused part becomes a bit distracting.

I had a play around today and I really struggle trying to use the miniature around Le Mans; especially with the standard car. I find that if I try and get a panning shot from a distance that it loses what little detail there is on the car.

I'll leave my entry as it is, in the off chance it gets through to the poll, just to see what other people think of it. Although the pic of the 512BB is getting my vote 👍

We all use to crash our hot wheels when we were tots, or at least I did.:dopey:

Final Entry

Click go boom!​

For this entry, I imagined a real dream I had while I was young. To drive a really fast car in the Wangan, and experience snow :drool: .

FINAL ENTRY​
specialstageroute712785.jpg

Last edited:
For this entry, I imagined a real dream I had while I was young. To drive a really fast car in the Wangan, and experience snow :drool: .

please read the rules !!! preview images MUST be max. 500 pixels :ouch: and please use the EDIT button on your post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back