Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - OP Updated 06/10/14

• Thread starter CyKosis1973
  • 1,037 comments
nice setup Newdriver.

Thank you Revo 👍 I'm working on it more to max it up for 500PP , I'm not happy with it and my test driver he don't like it also .

Edit :
Tune updated to 500PP and I think I'm done with it and happy with the tune hope to see how it drive with the other drivers 👍 I will be appreciated to hear your feedback about it , thanks

The second car I ever owned was a 750cc Fiat Panda Fire. Even though I learnt to drive on a farm, I've never driven anything that was quite so agricultural :sly: It was a brilliant car and a worth successor to my Sad Sam Sampson the Samba, I loved both those cars, dearly.

I've got some 400PP FWD beasties to fine tune and post this weekend, if anyone fancies joining me online. I think I might have to take the Fat Panda out too (typo intended) :mischievous:

{Cy}

The second car I ever owned was a 750cc Fiat Panda Fire. Even though I learnt to drive on a farm, I've never driven anything that was quite so agricultural :sly: It was a brilliant car and a worth successor to my Sad Sam Sampson the Samba, I loved both those cars, dearly.

I've got some 400PP FWD beasties to fine tune and post this weekend, if anyone fancies joining me online. I think I might have to take the Fat Panda out too (typo intended) :mischievous:

{Cy}
Hey Cy,
Your Samba reminds me of a car my dearly departed Ma had.
It was a '82 Daihatsu Charade that came with a 993cc OHC 3-cylinder that made 50bhp & revved to 6000rpm. It had a 5-speed manual and did 138km/h absolutely flat out. One of its best attributes was it's fairly flat cornering. It'd do the male dog pose & lift the inside rear if you really offered it up at a corner.
I discovered it's best trick one day when I tried left foot braking.
If you kept the gas pedal flat & applied just the right amount of left foot braking, it'd get this nice little rear-steer happening. It was almost like the rear wheels were slowed & not locked up.
She had it for 14 years & we had some great trips in that little red gem.

Hey Cy,
Your Samba reminds me of a car my dearly departed Ma had.
It was a '82 Daihatsu Charade that came with a 993cc OHC 3-cylinder that made 50bhp & revved to 6000rpm. It had a 5-speed manual and did 138km/h absolutely flat out. One of its best attributes was it's fairly flat cornering. It'd do the male dog pose & lift the inside rear if you really offered it up at a corner.
I discovered it's best trick one day when I tried left foot braking.
If you kept the gas pedal flat & applied just the right amount of left foot braking, it'd get this nice little rear-steer happening. It was almost like the rear wheels were slowed & not locked up.
She had it for 14 years & we had some great trips in that little red gem.
Excellent!! If it wasn't obvious, I'm a huge fan of these ridiculous little motors. I grew up in rural Dorset, where these cars really excelled. They taught me all I know about preserving momentum :sly: Other notably small and ridiculous cars in my ownership history would include:

Nissan Micra SR (K11) - Mine was black and looked brilliant. I would have kept it and worked on it, but it turned out the front end was rotten. So much so, I swear whoever owned it before me used to park it in the sea!! Shame, because it had the potential to be a tasty little motor.
Nissan_Micra_SR_%28K11%29.jpg

SportKA - I loved this car more than any other I've owned. I'm currently weighing up buying another one, whilst I stash enough cash to buy a Fiesta ST-1 👍
Ford_Sport_Ka.jpg

{Cy}

Did you have to tape over the rust on the top of the doors and/or front wings? Or was it a bit newer when you had it?

A (sort of) friend used to have a Samba many moons ago; he would boast how stable it was due to having wheels in the corners (don't ask :dunce:). Oh how we all laughed when he 'reverse parked' into a ditch in a country lane.

Did you have to tape over the rust on the top of the doors and/or front wings? Or was it a bit newer when you had it?

A (sort of) friend used to have a Samba many moons ago; he would boast how stable it was due to having wheels in the corners (don't ask :dunce:). Oh how we all laughed when he 'reverse parked' into a ditch in a country lane.
The Fiat or the Talbot? The Talbot was absolutely riddled with rust, the first time I pulled up at my mates house, I swung into his driveway and misjudged the length of my nose. I grazed his bumper, which along with denting the front of the wing slightly, split the top of the wing. I could push my finger through the top of the 'metal' work!! When I got it home, my father and I got some tar strips we'd been using to roof the shed and laid them across the top of both wings and heat gunned them down. I proceed to drive it around like that for the rest of the time I had it and even two or three years after I sold it, I saw it being driven around with the tar strips still in place!! I've no idea how it ever made it's way through an MOT :sly:

The Fiat was an absolute peach, not a single spot of rust. I didn't have it for as long as the Talbot, eventually selling it to the wife of one of my father's colleagues. She had it for about two weeks before she got seriously rear-ended. She was unhurt, but the Panda ended up on it's roof. The worst part about it though, was the car that hit her, the driver had a heart attack and died behind the wheel. His daughter was in the passenger seat, she did the only thing she could and pulled on the handbrake with every fibre in her body. One of the policemen attending, known to our family as 'Lurch', due to his enormous stature, tried to release the brake after they'd finished investigating. He couldn't release it, none of them could, that's how hard the poor lass had pulled it. Can't even imagine what it was like for her :indiff:

{Cy}

The Fiat or the Talbot?

The Panda (I did bold it, but that was perhaps stupid :lol:). Two l people I knew who owned the old Panda had taped the top of the doors and wings where they had corroded through.

You have got some pretty serious car horror stories Cy :eek:.

Looking forward to seeing the 400pp cars (Marcos perhaps?), hopefully one day, when the 'Eternal Project' is complete and children put themselves to bed I'll get some time to join you guys on the track.

Interesting setup Newdriver, fun to drive, though it was a little twitchy on more bumpy tracks.

Well you got lucky with your Panda then Cy. A few years back my dad had to change cars for economical reasons, the result being a Fiat Panda Skyline. That thing was a blast in the summers, just find a back road and open up the roof. Unfortunately rust had started to rot away the bottom of the car. It had actually gotten to the point where the front passenger side was unusable because holes were forming while you were sitting there. Several attempts were make to fix it but to no avail. It's now living on a scrapyard somewhere.

This tune is for @CyKosis1973 btcc idea.
@NEWDRIVER2 would you be kind enough to do the transmission for me please ?

Ford Focus ST '06

311bhp 1300kg 54/46 41kgfm

INSTALLED PARTS.

* Aero kit type A
* Flat Floot type A
* Rear wing type B
* Carbon hood
* Sports ECU
* Full custom transmission
* Triple plate clutch
* Full custom lsd
* Full custom suspension
* Racing brakes
* Window weight reduction
*Weight reduction stage 3
* Intake tuning
* Isometric exhaust manifold
* Catalytic converter
* racing exhaust
* 129 kg @ 50%

The tune

Suspension
Rh 60/60
Sr 5.99/11.37
Dc 6/3
De 5/6
Arb 5/4
Cam 1.8/0.7
Toe -0.08/0.00
Brakes 5/5

Lsd
13/27/9

This tune is still a work in progress. Any info i can get to make the suspension better would be great. Still a bit new to tuning and trying to find my feet a bit. so a will take all the help i can get :)

SUSPENSION CHANGES AND LSD

RH 75/70
SR 6.99/11.37
DC 5/2
DS 4/5
ARB 4/3
CAM 2.0/0.8
TOE -0.18/-0.18
BRAKES 6/6

LSD 14/28/10

SPORTS SOFT TYRES.

Last edited:
Excellent!! If it wasn't obvious, I'm a huge fan of these ridiculous little motors. I grew up in rural Dorset, where these cars really excelled. They taught me all I know about preserving momentum :sly: Other notably small and ridiculous cars in my ownership history would include:

Nissan Micra SR (K11) - Mine was black and looked brilliant. I would have kept it and worked on it, but it turned out the front end was rotten. So much so, I swear whoever owned it before me used to park it in the sea!! Shame, because it had the potential to be a tasty little motor.
Nissan_Micra_SR_%28K11%29.jpg

SportKA - I loved this car more than any other I've owned. I'm currently weighing up buying another one, whilst I stash enough cash to buy a Fiesta ST-1 👍
Ford_Sport_Ka.jpg
I think I got my appreciation for these little fun machines from two sources.
1. Watching the factory Toyota Corolla hatches in local Group A racing, being so well driven they could scare the life out of cars in the bigger classes on the right track.
It may not have been a hatch or FWD, but a 1600cc Corolla did so well at the Bathurst 1000 in '88, it finished 10th outright!
2. I have so many memories of giving the Charade the belting of a lifetime on twisty mountain roads where momentum was absolutely vital. You could do this without putting your licence at risk, it only had 12" wheels and 5" wide tyres & that meant the 'limit' wasn't too fast but so much fun.

I think James May had very similar things to say about his beloved Dacia Sandero on Top Gear not long ago.

This tune is for @CyKosis1973 btcc idea.
@NEWDRIVER2 would you be kind enough to do the transmission for me please ?

Ford Focus ST '06

311bhp 1300kg 54/46 41kgfm

INSTALLED PARTS.

* Aero kit type A
* Flat Floot type A
* Rear wing type B
* Carbon hood
* Sports ECU
* Full custom transmission
* Triple plate clutch
* Full custom lsd
* Full custom suspension
* Racing brakes
* Window weight reduction
*Weight reduction stage 3
* Intake tuning
* Isometric exhaust manifold
* Catalytic converter
* racing exhaust
* 129 kg @ 50%

The tune

Suspension
Rh 60/60
Sr 5.99/11.37
Dc 6/3
De 5/6
Arb 5/4
Cam 1.8/0.7
Toe -0.08/0.00
Brakes 5/5

Lsd
13/27/9

This tune is still a work in progress. Any info i can get to make the suspension better would be great. Still a bit new to tuning and trying to find my feet a bit. so a will take all the help i can get :)
Randy, try lowering the rear ride height in increments of 5. This will help rotation, may want to also try and lift the nose, does the same. At 60 front, you may want to try lifting to 70-80 and see if rotation improves. I did a FITT Hot Hatch challenge months back and this car was eligible but know one used it. I tried it at Brands Hatch GP and it was fairly quick with lower ride height. So, raising the front or lowering the rear and adding some negative rear toe helps. Swings the rear around better. Of course you will then have to play with ARB and dampers to get the feel you are looking for.

HERE is a link to the list of tunes, second group - Hot Hatches, so you can see what others did to get rotation. The Sciroccos and Clios were the class of the field with @shaunm80 MINI being the best handling in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Randy, try lowering the rear ride height in increments of 5. This will help rotation, may want to also try and lift the nose, does the same. At 60 front, you may want to try lifting to 70-80 and see if rotation improves. I did a FITT Hot Hatch challenge months back and this car was eligible but know one used it. I tried it at Brands Hatch GP and it was fairly quick with lower ride height. So, raising the front or lowering the rear and adding some negative rear toe helps. Swings the rear around better. Of course you will then have to play with ARB and dampers to get the feel you are looking for.

HERE is a link to the list of tunes, second group - Hot Hatches, so you can see what others did to get rotation. The Sciroccos and Clios were the class of the field with @shaunm80 MINI being the best handling in my opinion. Hope this helps.

i am going to test these options soon lol side tracked today with 5 seasons BREAKING BAD

Online fastest lap time can be done even faster than time trial mode? Just wanted to know is it possible if set the fuel on & no tires wear or change to new tires when the fuel remain one quarter only & start to do flying laps after 1 lap warming up the new tires. This actually need your consistency on your favorite car & track. Right? No one tested this as I know since GT5. Just wanted to know the result... Haha... Anyone?

Online fastest lap time can be done even faster than time trial mode? Just wanted to know is it possible if set the fuel on & no tires wear or change to new tires when the fuel remain one quarter only & start to do flying laps after 1 lap warming up the new tires. This actually need your consistency on your favorite car & track. Right? No one tested this as I know since GT5. Just wanted to know the result... Haha... Anyone?
That's quite possible. Unfortunately, I lack consistency and my favourite track is way too long to be able to run a lap on fresh tyres and only a quarter of a tank of fuel. Possibly worth a post in the Q&A forum or the Tuning forum, someone will likely have already tested this. Maybe have a look in the Race Series threads, guys running Endurances races will likely know 👍

i am going to test these options soon lol side tracked today with 5 seasons BREAKING BAD
5 seasons of Breaking Bad is 5 very good reasons for distraction 👍

No spoilers please!! My wife and I are only on season 1. I know, I know, we're behind the curve, but there's so much quality TV to watch these days..!! We've just finished watching the second season of Utopia, one of the best things we've watched in a long time. If you're in the UK, both seasons are available on demand now, otherwise I'm sure you're all tech savy enough to find it. Have a watch of the trailer below, not sure it does it justice, but I can't really show you any more without spoiling it 👍

Hopefully a few of you might like to join me online at some point today, for a spot of BTCC replica racing, along with some slightly more relaxing 400PP CS fun? Thought I'd put up my base setups for the FWD entries, they'll be good enough to get you going 👍

{Cy}

Attachments

• BTTC_Cars_FWD_BaseSetups.jpg
    BTTC_Cars_FWD_BaseSetups.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 10
That's quite possible. Unfortunately, I lack consistency and my favourite track is way too long to be able to run a lap on fresh tyres and only a quarter of a tank of fuel. Possibly worth a post in the Q&A forum or the Tuning forum, someone will likely have already tested this. Maybe have a look in the Race Series threads, guys running Endurances races will likely know 👍

No spoilers please!! My wife and I are only on season 1. I know, I know, we're behind the curve, but there's so much quality TV to watch these days..!! We've just finished watching the second season of Utopia, one of the best things we've watched in a long time. If you're in the UK, both seasons are available on demand now, otherwise I'm sure you're all tech savy enough to find it. Have a watch of the trailer below, not sure it does it justice, but I can't really show you any more without spoiling it 👍

Hey Cy,

I won't spoil Breaking Bad for you with any spoilers but be prepared, you and your wife are in for one helluva addictive & gripping ride ;)

Hi guys ,
@CyKosis1973 , I saw you put up the setup for the cars so I siad I need to put up the BMW also but I can't added it to your document so here it is if you want to add it to the list of BTCC .
And also for any one want to join us and use FR car . Thank you

135i Coup '07

http://imageshack.us/a/img538/3638/4bwIVB.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img540/9443/H1X175.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img743/523/fMtZRs.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img673/8069/t16crP.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img673/662/TO18x0.jpg

- Flat floor
- 2 inch rims
- Custom wing

Wing stays F
Number 6th on the list down
Wing G
Small 2nd on the list
Winglets L
Small 5th on the list
Wing size
Height -7
Width -30

Transmission
124 top speed
4.750 final gear
Then gears ( you can found it in the picture up )
Then final gear again to 2.500 is for The Ring , enjoy your drive

ND

Last edited:
Hopefully a few of you might like to join me online at some point today, for a spot of BTCC replica racing, along with some slightly more relaxing 400PP CS fun? Thought I'd put up my base setups for the FWD entries, they'll be good enough to get you going 👍

{Cy}
Hey Cy. For thr Civic, 315BHP not reached so I've changed the oil; now it's 98.7 Power Level.

PS: It's very difficult to build the cars. :crazy:

Hey Cy,

I won't spoil Breaking Bad for you with any spoilers but be prepared, you and your wife are in for one helluva addictive & gripping ride ;)
We'll sit down over the winter and watch it in chunks. We've watched about half the first season, maybe a little more. Really enjoyed it 👍
Hi guys ,
@CyKosis1973 , I saw you put up the setup for the cars so I siad I need to put up the BMW also but I can't added it to your document so here it is if you want to add it to the list of BTCC .
And also for any one want to join us and use FR car . Thank you

135i Coup '07

http://imageshack.us/a/img538/3638/4bwIVB.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img540/9443/H1X175.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img743/523/fMtZRs.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img673/8069/t16crP.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img673/662/TO18x0.jpg

- 2 inch rims
- Custom wing

Wing stays F
Number 6th on the list down
Wing G
Small 2nd on the list
Winglets L
Small 5th on the list
Wing size
Height -7
Width -30

Transmission
124 top speed
4.750 final gear
Then gears ( you can found it in the picture up )
Then final gear again to 2.500 is for The Ring , enjoy your drive

ND
I'll see if I can add your Beemer to the file, my friend 👍
Hey Cy. For thr Civic, 315BHP not reached so I've changed the oil; now it's 98.7 Power Level.

PS: It's very difficult to build the cars. :crazy:
I think I may have left the exhaust manifold off :irked: Not sure it matters too much how you achieve BHP, there's probably a better way and a not so better way. I haven't really experimented too much, I've only concentrated on trying to equalise the cars, hence them being awkward to build ... and expensive ... and timely..!!

We'll have an experiment later with race length and the strength of tyre/fuel depletion. I'm thinking if we run a 10 lap race, we do so with normal depletion, but if we shorten it to 5 laps, then depletion goes up to fast. It's not enough that you'll need to pit stop, but you will need to consider tyre wear over the closing laps 👍

{Cy}

We'll sit down over the winter and watch it in chunks. We've watched about half the first season, maybe a little more. Really enjoyed it 👍

I'll see if I can add your Beemer to the file, my friend 👍

I think I may have left the exhaust manifold off :irked: Not sure it matters too much how you achieve BHP, there's probably a better way and a not so better way. I haven't really experimented too much, I've only concentrated on trying to equalise the cars, hence them being awkward to build ... and expensive ... and timely..!!

We'll have an experiment later with race length and the strength of tyre/fuel depletion. I'm thinking if we run a 10 lap race, we do so with normal depletion, but if we shorten it to 5 laps, then depletion goes up to fast. It's not enough that you'll need to pit stop, but you will need to consider tyre wear over the closing laps 👍

{Cy}
Any serious race has to be 10 laps length. ;) 👍

PS: Now, I'll sell the Civic and starting over. :P

{Cy}
Just to check, the Focus is 311BHP?
And all are stock transmission?

Guys don't forget to add the flat floor to all the cars 👍 maybe this is what made the cars go up by the Bhp to 315Bhp . Just saying

Any serious race has to be 10 laps length. ;) 👍

PS: Now, I'll sell the Civic and starting over. :P
10 laps is good, I think. It's enough time to catch up and enough time to get it wrong..!! Make BHP however you see fit, my friend 👍
Just to check, the Focus is 311BHP?
And all are stock transmission?
Focus is 311BHP, feel free to give it some oil and limit it back. I'm hoping that a few more miles breaking in will get it to 315bhp.

Gearboxes are custom, something like the following:

Reset to default.
Set Max Speed to 162mph
Set Final Drive to max, then reduce by 0.250 (eg, if max final gear = 6.000, then set to 5.750)
Set 1st-5th gear to max, then reduce by 0.030 (eg, if max gear setting = 1.500, then set to 1.470)
Set 6th gear to max, then reduce by 0.050 (eg, if max gear setting = 0.900, then set to 0.850)
Set Final Drive to suit track. Nurb (max speed) will be about 3.750, you won't get more than 140-150mph out of these cars.

@NEWDRIVER2 is the man for gearboxes :sly:

Guys don't forget to add the flat floor to all the cars 👍 maybe this is what made the cars go up by the Bhp to 315Bhp . Just saying

Cars must be built to the below standard, please make sure you have all aero installed. You are free to adjust the rear aero 👍

===============================================
The Cars
  • The Ford Focus ST '06
  • Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
  • Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
  • BMW 135i Coupe '07

The Restrictions
  • Tyres: SS
  • Power: 315BHP (exc Scirroco which must be limited to 300BHP)
  • Weight: FWD - 1300kg RWD - 1400kg
  • FWD Weight distribution: 54/46

Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • All adjustable parts (suspension, transmission and differential)
  • Full drivetrain upgrades
  • Carbon Bonnet (coloured optional)
You may make BHP however you want, as long as you use the Sports ECU, this includes power limiting. Testing should be done in a private/online lobby, with the following restrictions:

Grip reduction: Real
Visible Damage: Off
Draft: Real
Tyre/Fuel Wear: Normal
ABS: 0-1
===============================================

a wont spoil breaking bad for you but honestly you will most likely be glue to the tv not even wanting to budge for the toilet lol.

{Cy}

Deleted

first time uploading something on to the forum so if its wrong please help me out lol. it should be the tune for the BMW 135i coupe 07

Attachments

• BMW 135i COUPE 07 TUNEHTDFHGF.xls
    12.5 KB · Views: 33
Back