Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - OP Updated 06/10/14

• Thread starter CyKosis1973
  • 1,037 comments
oli change allowed or not ??
I wouldn't if it's not required....sssshhhh Cy didn't say anything about it!:lol:
image.jpg

That Focus took ME for a spin...:banghead:

Ok, sorry guys, got distracted trying to equalise the cars a little. Thanks to @NEWDRIVER2 and @danbojte for your time. This thing might have escalated a little and I'm thinking of turning it into a FITT event, somehow.

So, my proposal so far, is that tuners submit one of the four aforementioned cars, built to the standards below, but instead of trying to beat the clock, the 'testers' compete against each other online. This would take place over a a period of at least four weeks and across four different tracks. The tuner then has the week in between each race to retune the car. So far, I have tentative from Sam and Dan that they would be prepared to meet on a Monday night and race against each other. If there is sufficient interest, then we could look at teaming people up, geographically, EU, US and AUS for example. The winners will be decided as per a normal race championship, with point being awarded for their race position. This does add another dimension to the usual shootout, the cars must be built to withstand 'race conditions' and there is an element of trusting the driver to not stuff it into a hedge. We could add extra points for driver rating as well, so it's not a pure speed-fest. If there's genuine interest, I'll take my proposal to the appropriate FITT thread and see what the guys have to say.

In the meantime, please read the slightly altered restrictions below. I'm not sure about tracks just yet. We've tested at Brands Hatch GP and the Nordschleife, where the cars seemed well balanced. We also tested at Spa, where despite a poor gearbox setup by myself, the FWD cars got mullered, so I think that's off the list. I suspect what we need are tight, mixed tracks like the first two. May be Bathurst? Laguna Seca? I'd like to use real world tracks that you would expect to find touring cars racing on. Bear in mind that if this spans four races then tracks can be selected which favour one of the four cars, giving them all a fair go.
===============================================
The Cars
  • The Ford Focus ST '06
  • Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
  • Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
  • BMW 135i Coupe '07

The Restrictions
  • Tyres: SS
  • Power: 315BHP (exc Scirroco which must be limited to 300BHP)
  • Weight: FWD - 1300kg RWD - 1400kg
  • FWD Weight distribution: 54/46

Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • All adjustable parts (suspension, transmission and differential)
  • Full drivetrain upgrades
  • Carbon Bonnet (coloured optional)
You may make BHP however you want, as long as you use the Sports ECU, this includes power limiting. Testing should be done in a private/online lobby, with the following restrictions:

Grip reduction: Real
Visible Damage: Off
Draft: Real
Tyre/Fuel Wear: Normal
ABS: 0-1

@NEWDRIVER2 & @danbojte, please shout if I've left something out 👍

{Cy}

Last edited:
@CyKosis1973 are you still testing at Brands Hatch or are there other circuits in mind?
See post above, mate 👍
does anyone know when the next event is ???
Keep your eye on the pinned FITT thread at the top of this forum. Also see my post above, I may have come up with an idea. 💡
oli change allowed or not ??
See above, you can hit BHP by any means, as long as you use the Sports ECU. All other parts (apart from NOS) are available.
My money is on the Bavarian just for the even tyre wear factor :D
I'd not factored tyre wear, until we started running two lap races at The Ring. There was a noticable difference between the FWD cars. I'm considering ramping the wear up to fast and running races over 10 laps, or more 👍
ive went for the civic 08. the paintwork is the same as your focus hahaaa. :banghead: currently testin on brands hatch but just wondering what other track that we will be using.
See above, mate. I'm not really sure yet, apart from those mentioned. Try and keep it a bit 'Highland', if you know what I mean. Tight, technical stuff, with a few fast sections.

The Focus ST wouldn't look out of place charging down some of your country roads. I work in Rosyth periodically and drive past an industrial unit where they race-prep Fords. There's always a bevy of bastardised STs and RSs parked outside :mischievous:

{Cy}

EDIT: @morfastmadboy, the post above this one is what we were doing, sorry I missed your message. You would have been welcome to join us. Build a couple a cars and join us next time 👍

Last edited:
See post above, mate 👍

Keep your eye on the pinned FITT thread at the top of this forum. Also see my post above, I may have come up with an idea. 💡

See above, you can hit BHP by any means, as long as you use the Sports ECU. All other parts (apart from NOS) are available.

I'd not factored tyre wear, until we started running two lap races at The Ring. There was a noticable difference between the FWD cars. I'm considering ramping the wear up to fast and running races over 10 laps, or more 👍

See above, mate. I'm not really sure yet, apart from those mentioned. Try and keep it a bit 'Highland', if you know what I mean. Tight, technical stuff, with a few fast sections.

The Focus ST wouldn't look out of place charging down some of your country roads. I work in Rosyth periodically and drive past an industrial unit where they race-prep Fords. There's always a bevy of bastardised STs and RSs parked outside :mischievous:

{Cy}

EDIT: @morfastmadboy, the post above this one is what we were doing, sorry I missed your message. You would have been welcome to join us. Build a couple a cars and join us next time 👍
I always go with the FR layout. FF cars only have rear wheels to stop the sparks :D
Having the front wheels do all the work has to have a trade off in tyre wear eventually. They might be fast over a single lap but over a race distance, the driver of a FR can alter their driving style to suit the wear rate of either end. In a FF you're locked in & up the smelly brown creek without a paddle :lol:

See post above, mate 👍

{Cy}

im not to far from rosyth. im in falkirk. if your ever in scotland for a few days i would recommend giving knockhill a go. there is all sorts of events on. yeah the highland roads are truelly amazing. gets your heart pumping not knowing whats coming towards you as you enter a blind corner on a hill... Takes big cahonies to take on these roads at speed

im not to far from rosyth. im in falkirk. if your ever in scotland for a few days i would recommend giving knockhill a go. there is all sorts of events on. yeah the highland roads are truelly amazing. gets your heart pumping not knowing whats coming towards you as you enter a blind corner on a hill... Takes big cahonies to take on these roads at speed
I've traced my Family tree back to Brora up in the Highlands on the east coast & was amazed they didn't even have roads for carts until the mid 1800's just muddy tracks.
My Great x3 Grandfather was a Carter so this was pretty important.
If you guys know of a few favorite roads up there, have a look at the link in my signature & let me know.

I always go with the FR layout. FF cars only have rear wheels to stop the sparks :D
Having the front wheels do all the work has to have a trade off in tyre wear eventually. They might be fast over a single lap but over a race distance, the driver of a FR can alter their driving style to suit the wear rate of either end. In a FF you're locked in & up the smelly brown creek without a paddle :lol:
This is why I like BTCC, apart from the rough nature of the racing. It's great watching the differing tactics and driving styles. Wish we had more control over the cars in the game. After testing tonight, there's loads of cars I'd like to 'race-mod'.
My boss is a petrol head, I'll see if I can persuade him to hold a 'team building' event there :sly: Although Knockhill scare the bejeezus outta me when watching the touring cars!!

The weapon of choice in Scotland seems to be the Focus RS. I've never seen as many anywhere else in the country. Always makes me smile when I see one hooning down the road...

{Cy}

There are a few tricks with setup and driving style that can keep the tires happy for longer on an FF, but it depends on how much you would have to sacrifice per lap. More than likely you hit the nail on the head and the FR might have an advantage over a longer run.

@CyKosis1973
Sounds like you guys have all the ingredients for a great stew with this one! Can't wait to see this get started.

Ok, sorry guys, got distracted trying to equalise the cars a little. Thanks to @NEWDRIVER2 and @danbojte for your time. This thing might have escalated a little and I'm thinking of turning it into a FITT event, somehow.

So, my proposal so far, is that tuners submit one of the four aforementioned cars, built to the standards below, but instead of trying to beat the clock, the 'testers' compete against each other online. This would take place over a a period of at least four weeks and across four different tracks. The tuner then has the week in between each race to retune the car. So far, I have tentative from Sam and Dan that they would be prepared to meet on a Monday night and race against each other. If there is sufficient interest, then we could look at teaming people up, geographically, EU, US and AUS for example. The winners will be decided as per a normal race championship, with point being awarded for their race position. This does add another dimension to the usual shootout, the cars must be built to withstand 'race conditions' and there is an element of trusting the driver to not stuff it into a hedge. We could add extra points for driver rating as well, so it's not a pure speed-fest. If there's genuine interest, I'll take my proposal to the appropriate FITT thread and see what the guys have to say.

In the meantime, please read the slightly altered restrictions below. I'm not sure about tracks just yet. We've tested at Brands Hatch GP and the Nordschleife, where the cars seemed well balanced. We also tested at Spa, where despite a poor gearbox setup by myself, the FWD cars got mullered, so I think that's off the list. I suspect what we need are tight, mixed tracks like the first two. May be Bathurst? Laguna Seca? I'd like to use real world tracks that you would expect to find touring cars racing on. Bear in mind that if this spans four races then tracks can be selected which favour one of the four cars, giving them all a fair go.
The Cars
  • The Ford Focus ST '06
  • Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
  • Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
  • BMW 135i Coupe '07

The Restrictions
  • Tyres: SS
  • Power: 315BHP (exc Scirroco which must be limited to 300BHP)
  • Weight: FWD - 1300kg RWD - 1400kg
  • FWD Weight distribution: 54/46

Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • All adjustable parts (suspension, transmission and differential)
  • Full drivetrain upgrades
  • Carbon Bonnet (coloured optional)
You may make BHP however you want, as long as you use the Sports ECU, this includes power limiting. Testing should be done in a private/online lobby, with the following restrictions:

Grip reduction: Real
Visible Damage: Off
Draft: Real
Tyre/Fuel Wear: Normal
ABS: 0-1

@NEWDRIVER2 & @danbojte, please shout if I've left something out 👍

{Cy}
Excellent project, Cy! 👍

I've traced my Family tree back to Brora up in the Highlands on the east coast & was amazed they didn't even have roads for carts until the mid 1800's just muddy tracks.
My Great x3 Grandfather was a Carter so this was pretty important.
If you guys know of a few favorite roads up there, have a look at the link in my signature & let me know.

Isle of mull rally. Scotland

"Scenic" you can blast these routes. truelly amazing.

motor bike roads also great for cars in scotland

hope this info helps.

So I got the message to join you guys from Sam. Read the specs, bought a :yuck::yuck:... Ford, put a quick tune on it, first drive of the car, and had fun. Thanks for for the fun times guys (now if only I could dive...and tune :dopey: )

this post pml.

Nope I'm no big deal on this site. Just a guy...oh and the founder of Clueless Tunes is all :lol::dopey:

Have I been MIA that long?
HOLY SHEEET. MY BAD. well pleased to meet you im one of the new tuners in your garage. nothing worse than feeling like a right **** = exactly how i feel just now lol. "walking away with my head in my hands thinking im such an idiot" lol.

HOLY SHEEET. MY BAD. well pleased to meet you im one of the new tuners in your garage. nothing worse than feeling like a right **** = exactly how i feel just now lol. "walking away with my head in my hands thinking im such an idiot" lol.
Not a problem my friend. I have been away for some time. I'm glad you are here and enjoyed the warm welcome. Just make sure to have FUN...only rule in fight club...er...I mean Clueless

(And technically I'm only a founding member here a Clueless over The Hill Outlaws... Clueless was my side of the garage. My room is the padded cell down the way :dopey: )

P.s. Read the first post to find out more of whose who here 👍

could anyone help me here. im working on the scirocco and i cant remember if i previously installed an oil change. im just curious if the is a way to find out if i have or not

Back