Votes: 265 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.7%

• Total voters
Australia
Melbourne
Red_Line900
I know they didn't have a clutch in GT5 for regular controllers,
But they only had clutches on the g27 wheels.

I hope they do it a bit like Forza 4 and have a clutch on the controller as well as the steering wheel because clutches make the different gears mix in with each other and makes the car sound much more flowing and natural sounding.
Not only that but it makes drifting a hell of a lot easier.

I hope these threads are noticed by a PD and taken in, because it's not just about what Polyphony want in their game, it's also about what the people who play their game want in it.

Hope GT6 is a good one :D

-Redline

Last edited:
If D1 GP on PS2 can have clutch on stick controller and it was awesome for drifting, another one was TOCA Race Driver - a lot more fun using clutch button to shift gear, why can't we have it on GT6 ? I say hell yes :D

I'm sorry to correct you, but the G27 isn't the only wheel, that can use clutch in GT5.

I'd like to see clutch in GT6, also on regular controllers. It'll probably make the game more difficult, but it could be a nice feature.

Well gran turismo is meant to be the "real driving simulator" lets make it as realistic as possible.

Clutch implementation on the controller would be great.. not sure if they would allow power shifting.

Another good thing would be to leave the throttle/brake on the right stick, shift gear up/down to L1/R1 and set the clutch on the L2 trigger. Brilliant!

Well gran turismo is meant to be the "real driving simulator" lets make it as realistic as possible.

Well, clutch doesn't work like real in GT5.

It's even on or off, won't allow feathering and gear change fails when you try to change naturally.

Greetings from Fanatec wheelsystem user.

Yes 👍

One of my favourite things to do in FM3 was to go to the top of that track set in the Japanese mountains (whatever the name was), hold the clutch and then complete the rest of the track like a soapbox car :)

Last edited:
Tappajakoala
Well, clutch doesn't work like real in GT5.

It's even on or off, won't allow feathering and gear change fails when you try to change naturally.

Greetings from Fanatec wheelsystem user.

Not completely true. It may not be like real life but there is definately a biting point its hard to be as accurate as in real life because for some reason i dont know Gran turismo has set it up so its all in the last half inch of travel instead of the whole pedal But to some extent i agree with you it sometimes feels on or off. For some reason the 05 evo gsr has a really good clutch unlike other cars on the game.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 5's Updated Clutch Review.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7666986#post7666986

But then also read the rest of the posts on that page. He goes on to explain more.

I know they didn't have a clutch in GT5 for regular controllers,
But they only had clutches on the g27 wheels.

I hope they do it a bit like Forza 4 and have a clutch on the controller as well as the steering wheel because clutches make the different gears mix in with each other and makes the car sound much more flowing and natural sounding.
Not only that but it makes drifting a hell of a lot easier.

I hope these threads are noticed by a PD and taken in, because it's not just about what Polyphony want in their game, it's also about what the people who play their game want in it.

-Redline

What I would like is for the auto-clutch to be slowed down to the speed most race car drivers shift, give the G27 users a chance.
👍

Yeah, but having the option of manual clutch is what I want.

^ Agree. Manual with clutch is what I got used too, and with Gran Turismo not currently having a clutch option, I say PD should implement the clutch, as it creates more realism and a challenge.

I prefer using the clutch with the G27. I've tried using the clutch on the Xbox controller in Forza and I find it a bit tricky. I'd rather use the Manuel transmission without the clutch when on the controller, but adding a clutch to the controller sounds like a good idea.

As long as you don't HAVE to use the clutch while driving on manual, I would be ok with it. Give us the option at least

Having the option to use a clutch would be fine if done correctly but not like they did it in Forza. The problem in Forza is that they make the cars faster when using the manual clutch which is unfair to those who do not want to use it and completely unrealistic. Several of the more modern cars have the paddle shifters and extremely fast auto clutch system, much faster than even a professional race driver could operate a manual clutch.

If added the cars should either be the same with or without using the manual clutch or it should vary by car. Personally I think that it would be great if they set the game to allow you to set a car as an auto or manual rather than a global setting.

If added the cars should either be the same with or without using the manual clutch or it should vary by car. Personally I think that it would be great if they set the game to allow you to set a car as an auto or manual rather than a global setting.

I agree. "Balancing" like that just defeats the point. The clutch is slow, deal with it. Same goes for ABS vs not, etc.

The global setting should remain, but real settings for each car should also be available, along with the ability to switch to a different transmission.

WhiteShadw
Clutch implementation on the controller would be great.. not sure if they would allow power shifting.

Another good thing would be to leave the throttle/brake on the right stick, shift gear up/down to L1/R1 and set the clutch on the L2 trigger. Brilliant!

I would never use anything other than L2 and R2 for throttle and brake, if using a controller. I would never control these with a stick. It's hard to get more "video game" than controlling gas and brake with an analog stick.

Lord Protector
Yea but you can't be that sure someone from PD isn't checking these forums :)

I wouldn't count on it. That would imply that someone from PD values input from outside the company. They're too full of themselves to learn from rival studios or from player feedback.

"Now hold on there. They patched a few things that satisfied player feedback and borrowed PP from Forza's PI." Okay, they barely listened; barely.

I would never use anything other than L2 and R2 for throttle and brake, if using a controller. I would never control these with a stick. It's hard to get more "video game" than controlling gas and brake with an analog stick.

I wouldn't count on it. That would imply that someone from PD values input from outside the company. They're too full of themselves to learn from rival studios or from player feedback.

"Now hold on there. They patched a few things that satisfied player feedback and borrowed PP from Forza's PI." Okay, they barely listened; barely.

Haha, that last thing you said is quite a dissapointment, I wish they would just have a damn look at what we want at least, I mean come on :P

I've modified my controller options to match the layout of FM4 & was so dissapointed when I didn't see a clutch option in the menu. But, I don't know if there would be room to fit a clutch button. I'll give you a runthrough of my layout & I'll let you decide where to put itwithout removing any options completely:

Accelerator: R2
Brake: L2
Steering: LAS
Handbrake: X
Headlights: R3
Windshield Wipers: L3
Rear View: L1
Horn: R1
Reverse: Triangle
Gear Shift: Circle & Square
Change View: Select
Camera Left-Right: RAS

I guess if GT6 got rid of a seperate reverse button & made it part of the gear shift, you could add one.

Back