• Thread starter Redline900
  • 104 comments

Do you want a clutch in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 265 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.7%

• Total voters
I don't understand the need for a separate reverse button. PD could have at least given us the option of using it or not.

Yes, there's no excuse. It would also bring more life to the engine sounds (if modeled properly).

I don't understand the need for a separate reverse button. PD could have at least given us the option of using it or not.
They did give you the option, go and take another look at it and don't come back before you haven't found it.
Yes, there's no excuse. It would also bring more life to the engine sounds (if modeled properly).
Engine sounds? Gearing has nothing to do with the engine sound, what the heck are you talking about?
I guess if GT6 got rid of a seperate reverse button & made it part of the gear shift, you could add one.
Why ignoring the digicross?

What I would like is for the auto-clutch to be slowed down to the speed most race car drivers shift, give the G27 users a chance.

+1

And then, we'd feel the effect of upgrading the clutches more, only getting the fast speed we get now as standard, with a double clutch or something like that.

It's also a good safe guard, because if they mess the clutch up like they have in GT5, it's sort of 40% there, possible but not realistic, then the auto-clutch, whether or not you're using a wheel with a shifter or just buttons, would then make the experience more realistic, and probably more fun too.

They did give you the option, go and take another look at it and don't come back before you haven't found it.
As in an option to shift to reverse through L2 and R2. You know, just like how you change all the other gears.

Who wouldn't want a clutch judging from the poll. It unlocks certain aspects in a car. So yes. I PD did map a clutch button I'd be more than happy.

Clutch kicking ;)

As in an option to shift to reverse through L2 and R2. You know, just like how you change all the other gears.
You wrote to use it or not. That above is another thing.

I use(d) (I have a wheel) L2 and R2 for throttle and brake, but I see what you mean. Yes, it would be nice to shift through reverse, neutral, 1st, 2nd, etc, I agree.
Wow... you just saw how wrong you are.

Hey slump, don't go criticizing others, just put in your opinion and that's enough.
I wasn't criticising opinions, I was correcting wrong statements or in hobanator's case questioning why he left out something elementary. That's a clear difference, I hope you can see this.

EDIT: Anyway, why do you think criticisms is generally a bad thing?

Last edited:
I wasn't criticising opinions, I was correcting wrong statements or in hobanator's case questioning why he left out something elementary. That's a clear difference, I hope you can see this.

EDIT: Anyway, why do you think criticisms is generally a bad thing?

Because it doesn't help people - Constructive criticism is helpful.

Because it doesn't help people - Constructive criticism is helpful.
So your logic says that constructive criticism is no criticism? Yeah ehm...

It does help very much if I correct clearly wrong statements, which may lead to misunderstandings or incorrect inferences. I'm not offending anybody, so I don't really see your problem.

I thought that you would see it on your own, so with your logic, gearing has nothing to do with how beautiful this video is. Please listen:

You can differ between transmission and engine? You know what the difference is?

The answer to the original question stays the same, gearing has nothing to do with engine sound.

Refering to the video you just posted: I can hear the shifts, I can hear the engine reving up due to the shifts. BUT the engine sound itself doesn't change.

You can differ between transmission and engine? You know what the difference is?

The answer to the original question stays the same, gearing has nothing to do with engine sound.

Refering to the video you just posted: I can hear the shifts, I can hear the engine reving up due to the shifts. BUT the engine sound itself doesn't change.

Ok then, let's remove all the sound sources and leave the engine alone, how would that sound to you? Every little component adds to the entire symphony. An exhaust is just a tube of metal, it sure doesn't do anything to the way the car sounds :banghead: , It's pointless trying to discuss with you about sound when you don't understand the basics. Goodbye

Ok then, let's remove all the sound sources and leave the engine alone, how would that sound to you? Every little component adds to the entire symphony. An exhaust is just a tube of metal, it sure doesn't do anything to the way the car sounds :banghead: , It's pointless trying to discuss with you about sound when you don't understand the basics. Goodbye
The real problem is that you don't see the difference between car sounds and engine sounds.

dr_slump
The real problem is that you don't see the difference between car sounds and engine sounds.

The real problem is that you can't understand generalism, FYI, "engine sounds" is the common way to describe them. I'm sorry if I didn't wrote the exact word you were looking for, one would assume that you would be clever enough to get the point but oh well.

I agree that the auto clutch should work at a speed like a pro driver would shift at least in most cars but then you have these new models that come with an auto clutch that is much faster than a driver could shift these should not be slowed down to balance for someone using a manual clutch pedal.

The problem I have with the way Forza did it, especially in Forza 3 is the use of the manual clutch is a huge advantage. As a test I drove a 550 spider around then ring with the auto clutch and with the manual clutch. My lap was 8 seconds faster with the manual clutch. In general the slower the car the bigger the difference and racing in rivals in the slower cars I have noticed that the advantage is pretty much 1 car length per upshift. Example racing against one of my teammates ghosts who was using a manual clutch when I was using the auto clutch our cars would be dead even until the gear change at which time my front bumper would be touching his rear bumper and the next shift would put about 1 car length between us. When I switched to the manual clutch we were dead even through the first 2 gear changes then I pulled away through the first corner. I have noticed the same thing when driving against my own ghosts and I just think that is wrong to do it that way. At best they should be equal and at worst the manual should be slightly slower. The other side effect is the poor guys who like to drive with an auto trans have no chance against the manual trans with manual clutch.

In forza 2 it was not uncommon to see a few times in the top 100 or even the top 10 who were using an auto trans where in forza 3 and 4 no one gets those times without using the manual clutch, and most of them doing it with a control and pressing a button without releasing the throttle.

That brings up another gripe. I know newer cars may come equiped with a rev limiter but the old ones did not, that type of shifting should blow the engine in a lot of older cars.

Yeah, GT6 had better have a clutch option for controllers in it. Honestly, if GT6 doesn't have some of the things on my wishlist for GT6 I might not but it.

Manual clutch is alright, but it shouldn't be an advantage then. (as HBR said above)

I thought that you would see it on your own, so with your logic, gearing has nothing to do with how beautiful this video is. Please listen:

lol...

Guy makes a video about Formula 1 V12 engine sound, uses sound from a V12 Ferrari and uses a picture of a V10 McLaren Honda.

i like using the clutch on my g27. For GT6 I can see PD having a new controller set up where the clutch would be present. I think it would be a nice added change and all well needed change for a sim racing game. I will like to see what they do with this

Latest Posts

Back