• Thread starter Redline900
  • 104 comments

Do you want a clutch in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 265 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.7%

• Total voters
Uhm, in all honesty, I don't see a clutch bar anywhere ... would be nice if somebody could paint a circle around the clutch bar, because I've only seen a acceleration and a brake bar, but no clutch bar.
EDIT: After looking at it a few more times, I finally found it ... if you haven't found it, you can see it while the driver shifts from 4th to 5th gear ... I was looking at the section while he's in the cockpit view and I was like, damn, why haven't I found it yet? ... stupid me, as it seems. :dunce:

I totally agree. I saw a lot of forums of real life cars and a lot of ppl were were having trouble in first fear, and how to realease the xlutch in some cars. Theres so much missing wuthout it. And yes, the g27 users need a chance. Btw, i have a noob questiom, is there a clutch on paddle shifters?

I voted yes, I always wanted this for GT and if GT6 has a clutch button for controllers, it means PD can get rid of that ridiculous gear change handicap when using the H-shifter. Everyone will be able to flat-shift and drifting will be improved too for everyone with wheels or controllers.

How are the Logitech Driving Force GT's for drifting in GT5? They don't have a clutch do they :/
Anyway, my internet sucks ATM so I can't check out that video with the clutch bar the guy
spotted out :P.

Btw, i have a noob questiom, is there a clutch on paddle shifters?
No, paddle shifters would typically have a auto clutch. Some of the modern cars have a double clutch system and are lightning fast. There is no way a human can press a clutch pedal and shift using a gated shifter at the speed of a paddle shifter with a computerized clutch.

I don't have a G27 but don't they also have paddle shifters? I know with my Fanatec I generally use Paddle shift and no clutch but when I drive the older muscle cars I like to use the gated shifter and the clutch.

How are the Logitech Driving Force GT's for drifting in GT5? They don't have a clutch do they
No DFGT does not have a clutch pedal, just has paddle shifter and sequential shifter

No, paddle shifters would typically have a auto clutch. Some of the modern cars have a double clutch system and are lightning fast. There is no way a human can press a clutch pedal and shift using a gated shifter at the speed of a paddle shifter with a computerized clutch.

I don't have a G27 but don't they also have paddle shifters? I know with my Fanatec I generally use Paddle shift and no clutch but when I drive the older muscle cars I like to use the gated shifter and the clutch.

No DFGT does not have a clutch pedal, just has paddle shifter and sequential shifter

Ah damn :/
Can you suggest a wheel Apart from the G27 that has a clutch pedal and the shifters like the ones in real cars?

Ah damn :/
Can you suggest a wheel Apart from the G27 that has a clutch pedal and the shifters like the ones in real cars?
Well you have the G25 the G27 A few good ones by Fanatec and the Thrustmaster offering. Most of them carry a sizable price tag. I play on both the PS3 and 360 so I use a Fanatec Elite and club sport pedals but that combination will set you back several hundred dollars.

The G25 is probably the cheapest option for the PS3 if you can still find one.

Well you have the G25 the G27 A few good ones by Fanatec and the Thrustmaster offering. Most of them carry a sizable price tag. I play on both the PS3 and 360 so I use a Fanatec Elite and club sport pedals but that combination will set you back several hundred dollars.

Nah G25's are rare :/
I have $72, with my birthday coming up soon - which means birthday money ;)

Last edited:
They should make it like forza when you could switch the controls to work the clutch. It would be such a deep racing experience.

Did anybody else with a Fanatec wheel have their shifter mapping go crazy when they tried the GT6 demo? I had this on my Porsche Carrera wheel.

With all of the modern manufacturers abandoning manual Gearboxes, I can see PD following the trend and forcing everyone to drive in automatic only mode.

Kidding of course.

Clutch implementation on the controller would be great.. not sure if they would allow power shifting.

Another good thing would be to leave the throttle/brake on the right stick, shift gear up/down to L1/R1 and set the clutch on the L2 trigger. Brilliant!

It would be better if the R2/L2 are gas and brake. the X/[] Gear up and down and the O can be the clutch. Triangle can be reverse.

Just watched the inside preview vid of GT6 done by insidesimracing and a bit disapointed to see that the clutch hasn't been improved at all. I really hope PD fixes the clutch issue soon because it's a shame to see players dumping hundreds if not thousands into their wheel setups/rigs and not be able to use the clutch.

I have club sport pedals for the GT3RS V1 will they work with a newer wheel for GT6? It wouldn't work with GT5 I was disappointed and still have the wheel lying around rarely used it.

I had it in the early stages so I had a belt issue after I drove for over 10 min I could hear an annoying unzipping a luggage like noise.

I have club sport pedals for the GT3RS V1 will they work with a newer wheel for GT6? It wouldn't work with GT5 I was disappointed and still have the wheel lying around rarely used it.

I had it in the early stages so I had a belt issue after I drove for over 10 min I could hear an annoying unzipping a luggage like noise.

They should work just fine in GT5 and GT6 there is a small trick to them though or at least in my case.

When I put my wheel into PS mode by pressing the two buttons the wheel works but the pedals do not. If I press those two buttons one more time then the pedals work fine.

I do not have a GT3 but I do have a TurboS which is pretty much the same thing and a CSR Elite. Been a whiel since I used the Turbo but I am pretty sure it behaved the same way.

Anyhow on my wheel when I press and hold those 2 buttons to connect I see the little dot on the LED appear then disappear. I repeat the process and the dot stays on and only then do the pedals work.

That noise you speak of could possibly be the fan. I don;t know what you are hearing nor which FW version you had but I did have a similar issue with my TurboS when I first got it.

I could drive 1 lap around the ring and near the end I would start hearing a noise from inside the wheel, one that was not related to turning the wheel nor FFB. It turned out to be a simply fix, a wire was touching the fan blade on the larger fan, with the initial FW on it that fan did not come on until the wheel started to get hot so about 1 lap on the ring. If I paused it and waited a few minutes the fan would shut down and the noise would stop for a while but of course would be back after a few more minutes of driving.

Possibly you have such an issue?

Last edited:
They should work just fine in GT5 and GT6 there is a small trick to them though or at least in my case.

When I put my wheel into PS mode by pressing the two buttons the wheel works but the pedals do not. If I press those two buttons one more time then the pedals work fine.

I do not have a GT3 but I do have a TurboS which is pretty much the same thing and a CSR Elite. Been a whiel since I used the Turbo but I am pretty sure it behaved the same way.

Anyhow on my wheel when I press and hold those 2 buttons to connect I see the little dot on the LED appear then disappear. I repeat the process and the dot stays on and only then do the pedals work.

That noise you speak of could possibly be the fan. I don;t know what you are hearing nor which FW version you had but I did have a similar issue with my TurboS when I first got it.

I could drive 1 lap around the ring and near the end I would start hearing a noise from inside the wheel, one that was not related to turning the wheel nor FFB. It turned out to be a simply fix, a wire was touching the fan blade on the larger fan, with the initial FW on it that fan did not come on until the wheel started to get hot so about 1 lap on the ring. If I paused it and waited a few minutes the fan would shut down and the noise would stop for a while but of course would be back after a few more minutes of driving.

Possibly you have such an issue?

I think you're right, it was the fan. At the time I didn't know how to fix things on my own. Although I could do that but my wheel isn't compatible with GT6 since it's the V1 version. It wouldn't work with GT5 it was fine in the prologue.

I guess I'm going to have to sell me wheel and club sport pedals and opt for the package deal they have for the V2 GT3RS wheel.

Hopefully they are an improvement and I think the elite pedals would do very good for me. Even though the club sport pedals were neat I don't think I need though although they never slid around they were very still and I felt really nice resistance. It came with two shifter knobs and I had an issue with my H- shifter which many people had. I couldn't get into 6th gear and I read there was a fix to that too but it was too complicated for me at the time. I remember I needed to fix it on a PC which I didn't have. As an consumer I want the package ready I don't want to have to modify it because I lack a PC and expertise.

So how's the V2 version and the new shifter? It's apparently metal do you think I would be better off with this package over a G27? I never tried a Logitech although it seems to small for my likes and I know the fanatec is pretty thick which is nice but also stiff. Please let me know if I should go with that since I didn't have such a good experience with my previous fanatec wheel.

I am not familiar with the V1 GT3RS, I thought it was the same as the TurboS just without the XBox support. If so then it would work with GT5 and GT6.

The CS pedals should work with the newer Fanatec wheels. I bought mine to work with the TurboS but they also work fine with the GT2, CSR and CSR Elite.

Never tried a G27, I do have a DFGT which is not bad and only a little smaller than the Fanatec. the pedals have no clutch and no resistance and the wheel is a little noisy but hard to beat for the price and works well.

I had some issues with my H shifter at first as well then determined that I had just not configured it properly. After going back and recalibrating it it worked fine.

There wasn't a real clutch for wheel users, it was a broken half-assed clutch that really didn't have a practical use. Simraceway, Project Cars, Rfactor 2, Assetto Corsa etc etc all have a proper analogue clutch with a slip, so that you can pull away from a standstill in first gear like a real car and so that you can change gears like a real car.

Gran Turismo's clutch however is just an on-off switch that allows you to change gear, if you don't change gear in the exact way the game wants it will simply just go into N, it's nothing like how a clutch actually works. The only thing you will gain is a lot of frustration from all the 2nd gear changes you miss because the clutch is broken.

All of the control factors/characteristic of a real clutch are missing, it is simply an add-on feature to make the game more frustrating. If you want to use a H-shifter then you should just go clutchless and if you're using a gamepad you should just continue to play as you do, the clutch as it is currently doesn't do anything.

Should PD fix the clutch in GT6 out of respect for the fact that many players have shelled out a loads of money for their wheels? No, I'd rather they recreated the moon for us to drive on & made sure that we have an accurate star map, because that's the most important thing in a driving simulation & what we all really want. Oh wait a minute, they actually did that for us, how awesome of them!

irony.gif

VBR
Should PD fix the clutch in GT6 out of respect for the fact that many players have shelled out a loads of money for their wheels? No, I'd rather they recreated the moon for us to drive on & made sure that we have an accurate star map, because that's the most important thing in a driving simulation & what we all really want. Oh wait a minute, they actually did that for us, how awesome of them!

irony.gif
Exactly! What's the point of spending $2092834023894 of money into a wheel setup when you can't even use the clutch like its supposed to. The clutch was one of the reasons why I upgraded from the DFGT to a G27. If I had known the clutch was useless in GT5 I would have just stuck with my old wheel in the first place.

"Do you want a clutch in GT6?"

What kind of question is that? That's like asking if you want a steering wheel lol.

I definitely want one, but if they can't get the linearity sorted out, then don't bother. It was like an on and off switch in Gt5, completely useless.

Back