• Thread starter Redline900
  • 104 comments

Do you want a clutch in GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 265 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.7%

• Total voters
If you know how to do it, and you still release the clutch at the exact moment needed; yes.

I just got the G27 yesterday I have trouble downshifting while breaking properly/smoothly I'm pretty noob when it comes to that stuff. It might make career mode a challenge at least.

I just got the G27 yesterday I have trouble downshifting while breaking properly/smoothly I'm pretty noob when it comes to that stuff. It might make career mode a challenge at least.
I'm not perfect with the braking either yet. I can only say, though, practice, practice and more practice. :)

I've had no problem heel toeing in GT6 yet. Seems a more forgiving in that regard.

Although I didn't have all that much issue heel toeing in GT5 either except sometimes when I was really on the limits.

I tried using the clutch with my Logitech G27 and I can't shift with the shifter. There's no mention of a clutch in the 'Steering Controller' menu either. If I want to use manual transmission, I've got to use the paddle shifters only. Hopefully this gets patched soon.

I tried using the clutch with my Logitech G27 and I can't shift with the shifter. There's no mention of a clutch in the 'Steering Controller' menu either. If I want to use manual transmission, I've got to use the paddle shifters only. Hopefully this gets patched soon.

Clutch works perfect for me with my G25. And in case you dont know you can use the H-Shifter without the clutch too if you cant shift properly with the clutch!

Clutch works perfect for me with my G25. And in case you dont know you can use the H-Shifter without the clutch too if you cant shift properly with the clutch!

I tried my G27 on GT5 and everything works. It's just when I want to shift in GT6, only the paddles work.

I tried my G27 on GT5 and everything works. It's just when I want to shift in GT6, only the paddles work.

does your car have a customizable ratio gearbox? there's a glitch where only the paddles will work with it...

Which car did you use? It wont allow you to shift witch clutch in cars that have paddle shifts.

Also i put a racing tranny in my el camino and since then i cant shift witch the clutch too!

does your car have a customizable ratio gearbox? there's a glitch where only the paddles will work with it...
I was using a '95 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4 with the customizable gear box. I'll try switching it tomorrow since it's a bit late, almost 4am. Hopefully it's just a glitch!

I'll keep you guys posted, thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT* Switched out the customizable gearbox and went with a 6-speed, the clutch and shifter work perfectly fine. Convinced that there's a bug when using the customizable gearbox with my Logitech G-27.

Last edited:
My g27 clutch+shifter works with fully customizable gearbox in rx7 touring car, skyline r32 touring car and silvia s13. Haven't had time to find other cars where shifting works as it suppose to.

My g27 clutch+shifter works with fully customizable gearbox in rx7 touring car, skyline r32 touring car and silvia s13. Haven't had time to find other cars where shifting works as it suppose to.

z33, z34 (premiums), BRZ, 86, FR-S; these are a few that I use and the shifter works with custom tranny.

The clutch feels REALLY good on the 86 (new one).

Well the clutch works when you use the handbrake on high RPMs.
But that slows the car down too much.
Also I just joined the ECO Cup and this is annoying me that people on wheels will have huge advantages

Back