Clutch

• Thread starter xMIKEx
  • 30 comments
I am noticing after awhile that having a clutch in gt4 would make it much more easy to drift, to keep your revs up to exit the corner or just for a primary spin.
But since there is no clutch how can I Imitate a clutch?

theres no way to imitate a clutch on gt4. the closest youll get to a clutch is pressing the ebrake just enough to get the light to come on.
and no, theres no real clutch.

Uh huh
I see
The thing that sucks though is that you have to press a button and the wheel is kinda spinning
So I get confused
I wanna wire it to an actual handbrake

Uh huh
I see
The thing that sucks though is that you have to press a button and the wheel is kinda spinning
So I get confused
I wanna wire it to an actual handbrake

Not related to the actual topic, but I put my handbrake to the gear shift lever (+ position). I only use the paddles for shifting anyways.

But ya, no clutch.

Hmmmm
Thats a really good idea
except I use my gear stick
hmm
Can anyone tell me how I can Make a handbrake stick without totally ruining another controller?

Hmmmm
Thats a really good idea
except I use my gear stick
hmm
Can anyone tell me how I can Make a handbrake stick without totally ruining another controller?

Ask someone else to do it for you?

or just have your controller close to where u can hit the o button....or limit your steering so u know where the button is at all times....

There are hella cheap steering wheels with handbrakes on them. Make sure it's using the controller port and you're good to go.

The one I got came with a separate seq shifter with the handbrake. If you have enthusia, you can set-up one of the pedals to act as your clutch. But for GT4, there is no clutch function

DG5 DRIFTER, you might have avoided the duncecap if you'd read the complete thread to understand why dking made that suggestion.

Uh huh

In the meantime, I'm duncecapping you. :dunce:

@atteiros: That's the finest looking electric stapler I've ever seen! :D

:(
That sucks
oh well
someone make me a handbrake and I will give you an oatmeal cookeeee

Oh and Boundary Layer.....
Have you heard of Comeback Kid
They are from winnipeg

DG5 DRIFTER, you'd do you might have avoided the duncecap if you'd read the complete thread to understand why dking made that suggestion.

In the meantime, I'm duncecapping you. :dunce:

@atteiros: That's the finest looking electric stapler I've ever seen! :D

lol alright i'll think slowly instead of fast to avoid your cap.

"The one I got came with a separate seq shifter with the handbrake. If you have enthusia, you can set-up one of the pedals to act as your clutch. But for GT4, there is no clutch function"...

whats the name and where can I get it?

"The one I got came with a separate seq shifter with the handbrake. If you have enthusia, you can set-up one of the pedals to act as your clutch. But for GT4, there is no clutch function"...

whats the name and where can I get it?

Enthusia: Professional Racing , any video game store?

Hi nk4e! I think xMikex was asking what the steering wheel was. I have a Panther Lord Steering wheel I bought in the Philippines for around $30. There are 2 other wheels with e-brakes. The other one's just named GT wheel.. Don't expect a quality product though. I had to modify mine to make it sturdier. But apart from starting from scratch with by modifying a dual shock controller, it holds out well.

Anyways... I hope GT5 supports the g25 clutch 100%. Has anyone tried it on the demo?

Hi nk4e! I think xMikex was asking what the steering wheel was. I have a Panther Lord Steering wheel I bought in the Philippines for around $30. There are 2 other wheels with e-brakes. The other one's just named GT wheel.. Don't expect a quality product though. I had to modify mine to make it sturdier. But apart from starting from scratch with by modifying a dual shock controller, it holds out well.

Anyways... I hope GT5 supports the g25 clutch 100%. Has anyone tried it on the demo?

Man, I wonder how is the philippines... but anyways my mind is somewhere else...I hate this.

Wanna get ghetto?

N2O. I use it, (sometimes....) I think it's been mentioned before, (maybe, maybe not.)

Just equip N20 to your car and set it to max when you squeeze. Squeeze on initiation/mid-drift.

It adds (some) wheelspin, you just have to tune the N2O power addition to how much kick you want. idk, don't flame me if you don't like this, lol.

I use it when my rear end starts grabbing and some initiations if the rear gets too stubborn. Try it and tell me what you think.

Yeah, I'm always on there but not in that guild though, its not active now. but don't double post anymore. Some people here hate that.

Back