CNT Racing Simulator special pricing for GTplanet members

check their ebay page, i see it there

ahh, thx mate. so $110 shipped for just the frame. not bad. looks like they have 2 different designs too.

@Phalanx32 - you get your rig yet? would love to hear about it and get a quick review.

Do any of you have a link for that? I looked on ebay and found nothing regarding only the rig for $110...

Actually, erzperformance, do you sell just the rig without the seat? I'm not far from you either.

Last edited:
thomas (or those of you getting the rigs),

the listing on ebay says the rig fits seats 395mm x 280mm. i have universal siders underneath my seat right now with matching holes for the length at 280mm (measured on center) but the holes on the width of the seat are 355mm oncenter. if i measure from outside edge to outside edge on the silders though they are 395mm across.

so just wondering if my seat will fit as is? could someone do a measurement of the seat mounting holes oncenter to verify? thanks!

thomas (or those of you getting the rigs),

the listing on ebay says the rig fits seats 395mm x 280mm. i have universal siders underneath my seat right now with matching holes for the length at 280mm (measured on center) but the holes on the width of the seat are 355mm oncenter. if i measure from outside edge to outside edge on the silders though they are 395mm across.

so just wondering if my seat will fit as is? could someone do a measurement of the seat mounting holes oncenter to verify? thanks!

You see two frame only listed on Ebay one is 395x280mm and the other one is 345mm x 280mm. The 395mm will not fit but the 345mm will fit. This is a blow out price and once we are sold out we will never get them back again they are older model that has been discontinue. This is the reason for super low price.

You see two frame only listed on Ebay one is 395x280mm and the other one is 345mm x 280mm. The 395mm will not fit but the 345mm will fit. This is a blow out price and once we are sold out we will never get them back again they are older model that has been discontinue. This is the reason for super low price.

thanks for the reply. just so i am clear, the one with a single pole steering mount which says 395mm will not fit. but the one with the dual vertical mounting for the wheel (Type R) which says on the ebay listing it fits both 395 and 345mm will fit?

so both frame only listings on ebay are old designs? so the Type R on ebay is not the same as the Type RA listed on your website? in the pics and descriptions they would appear the same so i am wondering what are the differences (aside from the inclusion of a seat)?

thanks again.

thanks for the reply. just so i am clear, the one with a single pole steering mount which says 395mm will not fit. but the one with the dual vertical mounting for the wheel (Type R) which says on the ebay listing it fits both 395 and 345mm will fit?

so both frame only listings on ebay are old designs? so the Type R on ebay is not the same as the Type RA listed on your website? in the pics and descriptions they would appear the same so i am wondering what are the differences (aside from the inclusion of a seat)?

thanks again.

The listing that say fit both 395mm and 345mm will fit. The older design the steering wheel column will turn when you are playing really aggressively (it's not defective but that was the design). This can be fix this if you make a bracket to attach the steering wheel column and the frame together so it will not turn. But of course this will look ugly.

I just got my rig but it seems like I'm missing parts such as bolts and crucial bars that put the rig together. Will be emailing CNT

I just got my rig but it seems like I'm missing parts such as bolts and crucial bars that put the rig together. Will be emailing CNT

80 percent of the rig is assemble. If you are looking for the bar that connects bar 11 that bar is located inside bar 11 this is the reason you might think something is missing. If you have questions please call us at 800-363-8599.

Last edited:
80 percent of the rig is assemble. If you are looking for the bar that connects bar 11 that bar is located inside bar 11 this is the reason you might think something is missing. If you have questions please call us at 800-363-8599.

Just called CNT and found the bars inside, CNT is being very helpful about this. Once Rig is completed, i'll give a brief review. Thanks CNT.

Last edited:
I just went and picked up the RA today. Haven't set it up yet as I'm waiting for my TH8RS and Buttkicker. Will let you know the results in a few days.

Tracking still says mine's coming tomorrow, will review then. Thanks for the heads up on where the parts are located, I probably would have thought that I was missing parts too =P

Got mine in this morning, couldn't get it all set up until just now due to work until 11PM.

A little review; from pictures that I have seen, this is very similar (if not the same) as a GT Omega EVO. I've never actually sat in one, so I can't tell 100% one way or the other.

No missing parts. As stated above, some of the most important components are located inside other pieces of the rig for easier shipping. It was very easy to assemble, but I will say that the complete lack of instructions may frustrate a few people. It does come with a single picture diagram that shows where all the parts go, but it's not exactly the best way to instruct someone on assembling the rig. I just eyeballed it and figured it out in about 20 minutes. Based on rekki's experience, I am sure CNT will be very helpful if you need to give them a call or an email on setting it up.

The construction is very sturdy, will definitely withstand some use. I think the square tubing is great for modding later on. No paint was chipping and no dents were in the rig or anything when I took it out of the packaging, although it looked like UPS was not very careful with the package, the box was in pretty bad shape. That's on UPS though.

Mounted my g27 set to the rig, holes are already predrilled perfectly. Wheel height is adjustable a decent amount, probably about a 5-6 inch range. I'm a really short guy, and I like my wheel to be a little lower, so I have it set as low as it can go. The seat is mounted on a slider just like in an actual car, and it can be adjusted surprisingly far (for me, probably almost as far as my actual car seat). The shifter will move up and down in height with the wheel, as it is all mounted on the same "piece". My only complaint with the adjustability of this is that you have to unscrew a few bolts with a hex key (included) to adjust the height. The wheel tilt can be adjusted a TINY bit, but not really enough that I think would make any difference. The pedal angle, on the other hand, can be adjusted by a whole lot, and it is very easy to adjust.

The seat, IMO, is more comfortable than a Playseat Evolution (the only other cockpit I've ever actually sat in that wasn't a computer chair or something). No bar running up your spine (at least, not that I can feel). And the seatback is adjustable just like an actual car seat. The faux leather the seat is covered in seems like excellent quality for the price of the rig, and I think will stand up to a lot of use.

I tested everything out with a lap around the 'Ring in a GT-R Spec V. I don't particularly muscle around the wheel, shifter, or pedals, but the sturdiness of the rig was still very evident, absolutely no movement even when I was driving pretty hard.

So, PROS:
-Price (use the promo code in OP)
-Comfy, very adjustable seat
-Very sturdy construction
-Most components adjustable a good amount

CONS:
-Lack of instructions
-Needing a hex key to adjust some components

Overall, I think this is a fantastic rig, especially given the price. This is the first rig I have personally owned (my previous roommate owned a Playseat Evolution and g27, so I lived with that rig for over a year), and I love it. If you're looking for a first rig, this is definitely the way to go.

Nice review Phalanx! Will you be mounting a buttkicker to it?

I'm looking at mine, still waiting for my TH8RS to arrive. Did you say the shifter mount is on the same level with the wheel mount? I wasn't sure about that part.

Phalanx's review is spot on.

As he stated, the instructions weren't very good. Some parts were hidden, that I would have never figured out were hidden without help from CNT. However, other than the hidden parts, most of the assembly is common sense and if you need support, call Thomas from CNT, he was very helpful with me.

The other bad thing was that there were only 2 predrilled holes in the pedal plates. They were at the very end, so if you have a T500RS, you would have to mount it very far from your seat or you would have to drill holes. Since I'm also a short guy, I had to drill my own holes. This isn't bad if you have a drill but for those that don't, this might be a problem.

Other than the instructions and pedal plate, everything else is great with this Rig. From customer service to sturdiness, adjust ability, clean look, and price. This rig is worth every penny. I can't compare it to any other rigs since this is my first rig. From watching the reviews from insidesimracing about the GT Omega Evo and comparing parts, I'm guessing its made by the same manufacturer, other than the pedal plate.

Pros:
Price
Clean look
Adjustability
Sturdy

Cons:
Instructions
Not many predrilled holes on pedal

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase, especially at this price ($300 with gtplanet coupon).

G219: I mounted the TH8RS like it would mount on a table, it fits perfectly. Didn't need to hard mount (screws).

Last edited:
rekki & phalanax32, thx for the detailed reviews.

and thomas thanks for answering my questions. ordered the frame-only off ebay. now just waiting for brown to deliver. can't wait to get my seat installed and go racin!! :)

I've been looking at different tactile options for my rig, I don't know if I'm specifically going to get a Buttkicker (that price tag and all), but at some point in the next few months I will probably go the tactile route in some way or another.

It doesn't look like there is specifically a mounting point under the seat, but there is plenty of space down there and some bars that I'm sure I'll be able to mount something to.

Oh, also, the shifter is NOT on the same level as the wheel. They are just both mounted to the same piece of metal, so when you move the wheel height, it moves the shifter height as well. But the shifter is positioned just like in any sports car.

Back