Cobra Coupe Shootout - Lex wins 24 Hours of Spa - Pimiki Crowned Triple Champ !!!Finished 

As long as it's not intentional I think it's fine. The fastest line through these corners is to stay on the track anyway, because the curbs are bumpy and the plack patch is very slippery.
Eran, this below:
...was how it went on through the entire race, lap for lap, hence my question. And, I don't mean any offense, but Sick should decide this. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to although I initially asked the question at a respective long enough time ago. So what to do now? I know I will stick to the rules, but I'm going to feel a bit stupid now when I (or me and you) end up being the only ones doing so. Hope you understand me a little better now. I'm simply insecure about this.

1472-6399-8665-9410-6453
So, Sick not hosting today?

I Don't know where is Sick
but I try to hosting

Big thank you to Lex Lathor for hosting today and big apologies from me for being late. I don't plan on being late again, but sometimes traffic can hold you up. If I am late in the future, please host again and don't be shy about starting without me - I would join in with the second race if I missed the start of the first one.

Congratulations to Flaco for excellent driving in the Cobra Coupe endurance race. I was disappointed to get lapped by the first four drivers. In the opening laps I was running in fourth place, having slipped through when GKGamer and Lex Lathor made a mistake, unfortunately I couldn't withstand the pressure of faster drivers behind and almost inevtibaly ran wide onto a slippery area and spun. Later I was thinking how I might make it to the end without being lapped and the next instant the lapse in concentration caused another spin!

Next week in the Avon Tour of Britain 1973 we change cars again!

Big thank you to Lex Lathor for hosting today and big apologies from me for being late. I don't plan on being late again, but sometimes traffic can hold you up. If I am late in the future, please host again and don't be shy about starting without me - I would join in with the second race if I missed the start of the first one.

Congratulations to Flaco for excellent driving in the Cobra Coupe endurance race. I was disappointed to get lapped by the first four drivers. In the opening laps I was running in fourth place, having slipped through when GKGamer and Lex Lathor made a mistake, unfortunately I couldn't withstand the pressure of faster drivers behind and almost inevtibaly ran wide onto a slippery area and spun. Later I was thinking how I might make it to the end without being lapped and the next instant the lapse in concentration caused another spin!

Next week in the Avon Tour of Britain 1973 we change cars again!
Thank you. It wasn't that excellent IMO, but it was intense. Not excellent because I spun out just after I finally found a way around Pimiki and gained me some space from him. I will from now on nick-name him "Pitbull" because he bites so firmly when he's behind me, funny thing is his laptimes drop significantly when there is not a cat around for him to chase on a tree, though.

Intense because, after spinning out I found myself in front of Lex (although I thought it was Buybon, good driving btw B. 👍) who decided not to force everything to get passed me (Gentleman! :cheers:). With Miki something about 7 seconds now in front I managed to maintain a good distance to Lex, who also had eran in his back waiting for a chance, I tried to go for all or nothing seeing the distance to 1st now dropping 6,7 - 6,5. I started to drive better laptimes with each lap, when also I started to sweat, because it's hot in an appartment top floor without AC, and this stupid water decides to run right into my left eye... However, don't ask me how because I have no idea, blind on one eye and not daring to whip it off I started to get the fastest laps consecutively and soon after I spotted Miki the "Pitbull" again. The rest, well, OK Sick, maybe there was some excellent driving :D same goes for eran (great win at Avon and Pole with Cobra) Buybon (great Quali and start of race) IfAndOr (great laptimes in Cobra) Miki (well, less corner-cutting would be nice) gkgamer (because it's late at night in Japan but made fastest lap times twice during the race ;) 👍 ) and Sick Cylinder (because, hey, at least your bladder lasted! It did though, right? :lol:).

Oh remember Sick, Avon was Lex 3rd me 4th!

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Excellent racing today!

Me and Lex's 32-lap battle was definitely the highlight for me! So much fun! And the Cobras look fantastic on the replay, especially on the first lap when we were 4 cars side by side for a while.

Great to have the pole position in both races :D

The Lancer doesn't have a lot of traction off the grid though (most weight is at the front of the car), so I knew that the Camaro would pass before the first corner. And in the Cobra race I got distracted from trying to keep an eye out for my braking markers while at the same time keeping an eye on all the other cars around me, so I probably lost 5-6 positions during the first couple of laps. I need to improve my multitasking skills :lol:

Had fun yesterday, was good mixing it up the front for the first few laps in the Cobra, then my talent equalised me back down to where I really should be running. Seemed to be lapping in the low 34's for ages, trying to pull the gap back to IfAndOr, then bizarrely pulled a 33.8 on lap 19. After about 20 minutes or more, finally got passed If for i think 5th place.

Be glad to see the back of the lancer for the next round. Managed to dial in a decent set up, but never felt fully at one with the car. Had a couple of good battles in it to finish 6th overall.

Unfortunately I had a lack of practice again during the week, so I tend to start from the back not wanting to spoil anyone's race with a misjudged braking point on the first corner.

The set-up of my Lancer was really quite good for Trial Mountain, but didn't seem to be so good at the Red Bull ring. A bit understeery (a new word). Quite good fun though.

After a few experimental laps I eventually got into a rhythm in the Cobra, keeping pace with the leaders - but not catching them. I managed to catch BuyBon up and passed him when he had a slight off track incident! I continued with fairly constant lap times until towards the end the message "Finished saving replay" popped up on the screen. This distracted me enough for a few laps (and combined with my tyres going off), that Buybon caught up and passed me. I pushed a bit but decided to settle for 6th. Still 20 odd seconds behind after 50 minutes of racing wasn't bad!

And big thanks to Lex for hosting. 👍

Some pictures of the Cobra's

2lwlue1.jpg

1zejdd2.jpg

i5rym9.jpg

2my14pe.jpg

258qz3k.jpg

qqtlr7.jpg

Championship Points Tables NB The lowest score from one round will be deducted

Points 1 Avon Tour.jpg
Points 2 Avon Tour.jpg
Points 3 Cobra Coupe.jpg
Points 4 Team Trucks.jpg

Round 8 Details:

Race 1 - Team Trucks at Cape Ring Periphery

Race 2 - Avon Tour of Britain at Cape Ring Periphery

Race 3 Cobra Coupe Shootout at La Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes)

To sign up for the next championships and the final rounds of this one just contact Sick_Cylinder

Last edited:
So, regarding the next race: Which track do we use for the trucks? The schedule says Cape Ring is only for the Avon Tour, does that mean that we'll race the trucks at La Sarthe?

Just want to make sure that I practice for the right track :)

(Also, do we use the 2013 version of La Sarthe, or some other version?)

So, regarding the next race: Which track do we use for the trucks? The schedule says Cape Ring is only for the Avon Tour, does that mean that we'll race the trucks at La Sarthe?

Just want to make sure that I practice for the right track :)

(Also, do we use the 2013 version of La Sarthe, or some other version?)

Trucks and Avon Tour will now be on Cape Ring Periphery as well.

Regarding La Sarthe - I normally use the oldest version of the track - I'll check and confirm later today.

Added by Edit: La Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes) - I think this is the most historically accurate layout that we have.

Last edited:
Don't forget!

Sturday 09:00 BST on EuroSport:
Le Mans Legend '49 - '68

Thanks Lex - will do and thanks very much for posting the clip above. I've only watched the first 5 minutes so far and noticed a lot of fantastic cars already - saving the rest for when I have my lunch. This is definitely an event I would like to go and see in person one day.

Just a quick reminder to everyone that races 1 and 2 on Sunday are at Cape Ring Periphery and Race 3 for the Cobra Coupe is at La Sarthe 2005 (No Chicanes).

Not something related to motor racing, but it has got an air cooled flat four 200 hp Lycoming engine! - my neighbour took me for a flight in his new plane - down past the white cliffs of Dover then out to sea to watch the seals sunbathing on the Goodwin Sands - it was great and fingers crossed I think I managed to persuade him to fly me over to watch one of the TT races next year!

Flight Slide 1.jpg
Flight Slide 4.jpg

And I bought myself (actually it was free) a peugeot 206 Gti yesterday, and since it isn't road legal I only drove it 160 km home and bought myself one in Gt6 (that one I actually paid for ;-) to do some real road testing, I found out that the real thing was way funnier! :D
DSC_0344.JPG
DSC_0345.JPG

So I'm trying to set the lancer up, don't know if I'm supposed to change car today? but guess it needs to be done anyway, 290 bhp and 785 kg, is that the limit?

So I'm trying to set the lancer up, don't know if I'm supposed to change car today? but guess it needs to be done anyway, 290 bhp and 785 kg, is that the limit?
Same here mate, yes, we change cars and we are due to use the Lancers. Specs are correct. I'm having a difficult time setting it up. The car is weird, I don't know how the other guys made it so fast.

Edit: treed by Lex! :D

Back