Cobra Coupe Shootout - Lex wins 24 Hours of Spa - Pimiki Crowned Triple Champ !!!Finished 

I have a question about Trial Mountain: Corner 8 and 9 has these yellow markings on the inside.

Trialmountain.jpg

news_tgs_trial_mountain_lap-9979.jpg

Are we allowed to use those areas or does the yellow line mark the track edge in this case?

Also, on the straight between corner 13 and 14 there's a big gap between the white line and the wall, are we allowed to use the area between the line and the wall, or does the line mark the track edge?

0.jpg

You can use the yellow marked area and go over the white line nearer to the wall. The game does not give a penalty for this so I count these as being part of the track.

It is very tempting at this circuit to cut the track on the fast downhill and go onto the grass - this would be penalized in the game and is therefore not allowed. If you accidentally do this please back off the throttle for a bit to ensure you give up any time or positions gained.

About half an hour ago I almost killed myself and missed today's race, I have a 20 bhp vespa with no killswitch and the throttle got stuck at full throttle, thank goodness the brakes where good enough to stop, but it was a close call! :D

:eek: You should install an ejection seat! Or an anchor.

Great races today! Nordschleife was awesome, as usual! I didn't dare to push it as much as I should have at Klostertal, and I went off the track at Metzgesfeld on the first lap, otherwise I think we could have had a pretty epic battle up front @Flaco13 :gtpflag:

I saved all the replays, I'll try to make some nice photos and share them here during the week.

Nordschleife was awesome, as usual!
There's no better track in the world, Nürburgring Nordschleife all Day!
I didn't dare to push it as much as I should have at Klostertal, and I went off the track at Metzgesfeld on the first lap, otherwise I think we could have had a pretty epic battle up front @Flaco13
Wish you'd pushed it harder mate, it was very lonely there for me. I think that's very true, I've observed the distance, at times you came closer by great amounts sector to sector! 👍 - Next time man!

I saved all the replays, I'll try to make some nice photos and share them here during the week.
Cool! 👍 👍

I've ran into many people racing at 2 - 3am tired or even drunk or whatever ... still they all managed to avoid contact and choose a smart line to overtake a slower driver safely, don't take that as an excuse man. Seriously wth???

Race Impressions - Round 6 Trial Mountain and Nordschliefe

In the first race I used the bumper cam again with the Chevrolet El Camino and consequently bashed the walls a few times. I was very sorry that Lex Lathor had connection problems today - hopefully he'll be back next week.

I really enjoyed the second race - Avon Tour of Britain 1973 - I knew that if I timed it right I would be able to use the superior torque of the Camaro to blast into second behind Pimiki. For a while I held on to 2nd place, but inevitably faster drivers made their way past. When Flaco came past I thought he would pull away, but we passed and repassed each other several times and I was very pleased to get a 4th place finish fractionally ahead of IfAndOr and Flaco. It was probably my most consistent driving of recent months with every lap being virtually the same lap time. Pimiki was outstanding lapping consistently a couple of seconds faster than me.

I had originally planned that Nordschliefe would be 3 laps, but I found that when the room has been set to endurance it does not allow a switch to a set number of laps - a new room has to be formed. I didn't realise that the game would add 7 minutes to the race after completion of four laps so next time we use Nordschliefe I will set it to 15 minutes which should create a three lap race. Congratulations to Flaco for outstanding driving and the win. I felt that the Cobra Coupe was ideally suited to this track - great fun even though the race was too long.

All drivers please refrain from name calling during races - it is distracting for other drivers and please refrain from derogatory comments on this thread - it looks unprofessional. This was our first set of races with penalties switched off - if people are having difficulty with the the penalties off we can switch them back on.

Classic Sports Car Championships - Brands Hatch 30th May 2015

Yesterday I spent a very enjoyable day at Brands Hatch watching races organized by the Classic Sports Car Club. There was some outstanding racing and fabulous machinery - I strongly recommend attending any of these meetings - they are only £14 for adults and £10 for Senior Citizens. The old cars race on a Saturday and the modern cars race on Sundays - naturally I attended on a Saturday. Fellow GT Planet member Mook went with me and for the benefit of the rest of you I'll share some photos of my favourite cars.

Slide 1 German Cars.jpg

Top ex Hans Stuck works Audi was the fastest car on track in the first part of its race, but following the pit stop and driver change it slipped back through the field. The winner was the gorgeous BMW M3 above.

Below NSU Prinz 1000 TTS was one of the stars of the "Swinging Sixties" race, but sadly was knocked off track at Paddock Hill bend. Engine produced an amazing 83bhp in standard trim and the car outperformed many sports cars in its day - definitely a car I want to see in GT7.

Slide 2 German Cars NSU TT.jpg

Undoubted star of the Super Saloon race was the ex Dealer Team Vauxhall "Baby Bertha" driven in 1975 and 1976 by the late great Gerry Marshall. The cars 476bhp 5 litre Repco Holden unit has been replaced by a 400bhp 5.7 litre Chevrolet. It had just returned from racing at Phillip Island, Australia and was the best sounding car of the day.

Slide 7 Baby Bertha.jpg

Slide 6 Cortina Capri.jpg

Lotus Cortinas, Ford Capri's and Lotus / Caterham 7's were beautifully presented as were the TVR's below. Unfortunately I didn't get any shots of the TVR Grantura's and Vixen's which were racing. Amazing exhaust plumbing of the TVR Tuscan race cars.

Slide 8 TVR.jpg

Camaro missed qualifying and had to start from the back of the grid, but came through the field to take a fine podium. Cobra is a genuine 289 FIA spec car.

Slide 5 American Cars.jpg

Alfa Romeo sounded glorious - hopefully this model gets the Premium treatment in GT7. Ferrari retired with smoke coming from the engine bay.

Slide 4 Italian Cars.jpg

More photos to follow.

Last edited:
All drivers please refrain from name calling during races - it is distracting for other drivers and please refrain from derogatory comments on this thread - it looks unprofessional. This was our first set of races with penalties switched off - if people are having difficulty with the the penalties off we can switch them back on.
For clarificaton; it wasn't during the race but after the race had ended. But I apologise nonetheless. Next time, and I sincerly hope there won't be necessary, I will send a private psn-message to express my discomfiture to the person in question. Then I will not use an abbreviation for the words, but full words in capital letters.

With all due respect, if we'd all seriously aim for to give out a professional image, how about starting with it in the races? It prevents consequences and therefore the need to further commenting.

Penalties are not an issue here, IMO.
Undoubted star of the Super Saloon race was the ex Dealer Team Vauxhall "Baby Bertha" driven in 1975 and 1976 by the late great Gerry Marshall. The cars 476bhp 5 litre Repco Holden unit has been replaced by a 400bhp 5.7 litre Chevrolet. It had just returned from racing at Phillip Island, Australia and was the best sounding car of the day.

View attachment 379971

You was standing next to Baby Bertha? Now I'm jelous!

Last edited:
name calling
Next time I will send a private psn-message.
Then I will not use an abbreviation for the words, but full words in capital letters.
Why call someone names? A valid point can be made and/or displeasure shown with civil conversation.
Name calling can *hurt and leave a very lasting impression or memory on the recipient.

I have someone close to me who struggles with this issue on a daily basis, namely letting his mouth
run loose before his presence of mind have realised what goes on. And he is always filled with remorse afterwards
because *. It can be a life-time commitment to try and change ones ways.
I'm not saying I am a monk but I try and go through the motions without name calling and cursing.
It is a great feeling and it also allows you to see how much of it that goes on around you.

For clarificaton; it wasn't during the race but after the race had ended. But I apologise nonetheless. Next time, and I sincerly hope there won't be necessary, I will send a private psn-message to express my discomfiture to the person in question. Then I will not use an abbreviation for the words, but full words in capital letters.

With all due respect, if we'd all seriously aim for to give out a professional image, how about starting with it in the races? It prevents consequences and therefore the need to further commenting.

Penalties are not an issue here, IMO.

You was standing next to Baby Bertha? Now I'm jelous!

I haven't saved the replay but what I remember is hitting you quite hard in the first or second corner, almost causing you to spin, of course I refrained from overtaking, I then slightly touched you a nagging 2-3 times in a row throughout the first lap, but always held back not to take advantage from the bumps. Then you went a bit wide by the end of the lap and I chose to go for it. It was very close but I think I had a speed advantage coming into the second to last corner. Maybe it happened differently but from there on, what I understood of the situation is that something in my position on track was not of your taste and after trying to push me to make space for yourself as I was slowly getting ahead, you deliberately tried to ram me before rage quitting when your attempt took you straight to the wall in a ridiculous fashion. I was not clear from the drama yet as I violently shut Zimahlik into the wall in the last chicane.
Anyways, the first thing I did when the race was over was apologizing to Zim & You but it seems it is useless to do so with a character such as yours.
Sending necessary (wtf?) insults by PM (in capital letters (^_^;)) may be your idea of a manly behaviour but get this right buddy, it ain't.
As for cutting me from your psn list, I guess you got tired of not matching my marks in the seasonal TTs.(please accept my apologies for a very poor irony attempt)
My advice would be grow a pair and don't be an over-reacting grudge-holding [fill with your own words].
So long, buddy, and just to prevent further insults, I just added you to my psn blocklist, you will be happy to know you are the very first non-hack-a-troll entry or are you?

Last edited:
We put a lot into this hobby and from a big investment, big rewards follow - but also sometimes big disappointment with ones own performance and with the performance of others. In real and virtual racing the management of these emotions is key to success.

The purpose of this thread is to promote the current race series and celebrate the wonderful world of motorsport.

Please keep this thread clear of any personal recriminations.

Thank you

Cobra Colour Information

AC factory racing cars were painted a colour called "Mist Green" - this includes the Sanderson, Bolton 289 Cobra which won its class at Le Mans in 1963 and the AC A98 Cobra Coupe driven by Sears, Bolton at Le Mans in 1964. To date we have been using a Chevrolet colour "Mountain Green" as a substitute for the AC paint. Having won a TVR Tamora this morning in "Alpine Green" I now think that is a more accurate colour replica - it is a lighter shade. If you are in Team AC please feel free to repaint your Cobra Coupe in TVR Alpine Green - note - this is not compulsory, I just think it will make any photos look more accurate.

Below an Ac Aceca in Mist Green (there is a wide variation in shades shown in period photos of the actual AC factory race cars, due to differences in exposures and film / transparency deterioration).

FQ8A6399.a-1030x687.jpg

Link to this beautiful car - the Aceca was a Coupe bodied version of the AC Ace (Father of the Cobra) and this example is fitted with the AC straight six 2 litre engine rather than the Bristol six which was often specified.

http://hexagonclassics.com/cars/1962-ac-aceca-coupe/

Sorry I won't be able to attend next Sunday due to finals. Good luck to everyone.

Yes - good luck and do your best - it will soon be over!

A quick reminder that Round 7 is at Red Bull Ring Mini for Avon Tour of Britain 1973 (15 minutes, tyre wear fast) and Red Bull Ring for Cobra Coupe Shootout (50 minutes, no compulsory pit stop, tyre wear normal).

Here's a few more pictures that I took last Saturday at the Brands Hatch Classic meeting:

Top - Triumph TR4 Green, Hillman Imp White, MGB GT blue with MG Midget in background and MGC GT?
Middle Row - TR4 engine fitted with twin Webers, TR5 pale blue, Lotus Europa Yellow
Lower Row - Three MGB's
Bottom Row - Lotus Elan and Cortina, Triumph TR4 SLR (the only one!), Reliant Scimitar

Slide 9 Assorted.jpg

Top - Jaguar XJ12 painted in Leyland factory racing colours, Marcos 1800, Triumph TR6
Bottom - Jaguar XJS 4 litre running triple Webers, Triumph GT6, Jaguar in beer colours wasn't as fast as it looked!

Slide 10 Assorted.jpg

Top - Jaguar E Type interior, Big Healey in road rally trim (these were rallied to great effect in period by Pat Moss).
Bottom - Jaguar E Type, Lotus Esprit was slightly crunched front and back, but finished on the podium and the driver sounded happy despite the repair bill, TVR Tuscan racer and Mini engine bay.

Slide 11 E Type.jpg

Last edited:
I opened up a room for those who want to practice. Will keep it open for a while.

You can use the yellow marked area and go over the white line nearer to the wall. The game does not give a penalty for this so I count these as being part of the track.

It is very tempting at this circuit to cut the track on the fast downhill and go onto the grass - this would be penalized in the game and is therefore not allowed. If you accidentally do this please back off the throttle for a bit to ensure you give up any time or positions gained.
Spielberg:

Same question for this Track now. Sick, please tell us about the Track limits at Spielberg. The first and last corners are tempting to cut or better said take a wide exit over the white lines, what is allowed, and what not?

Last edited:
Let's just use the "two wheels inside the white lines" rule. I don't think you'll gain anything from cutting these corners anyway, since they have these big bumps inside the curbs.
Oh I'm fine with using the "two wheels inside the white lines" rule based on common sense alone. While it's true when you, unintentionally, get just a little bit off curbs (or to much into them where you ar on the part you described), you reach the parts behind the curb that are most bumpy and unpleasent to drive over (green stripe). Which leads then to my worries exactly, and why I asked the question in the first place: I remember the last meetings at Spielberg where people went so wide around (having the bumpy part to their right and the white line literally out of their sight) the actual track limits, they where closer to the Hinterstoisser Airport field than the track. :)

I was really hoping for Sick to speak a word on this.

Edit:

Red Bull Ring.jpg
Red Bull Ring_1.jpg
Red Bull Ring_2.jpg

As flawed as my english is, I think from the pictures it should be clear what I mean.

Last edited:
Oh I'm fine with using the "two wheels inside the white lines" rule based on common sense alone. While it's true when you, unintentionally, get just a little bit off curbs (or to much into them where you ar on the part you described), you reach the parts behind the curb that are most bumpy and unpleasent to drive over. Which leads then to my worries exactly, and why I asked the question in the first place: I remember the last meetings at Spielberg where people went so wide around (having the bumpy part to their right and the white line literally out of their sight) the actual track limits, they where closer to the Hinterstoisser Airport field than the track. :)

I was really hoping for Sick to speak a word on this.

Edit:

View attachment 385348

As flawed as my english is, I think from the picture it should be clear what I mean.

As long as it's not intentional I think it's fine. The fastest line through these corners is to stay on the track anyway, because the curbs are bumpy and the black patch is very slippery.

Last edited:
Back