Cobra Coupe Shootout - Lex wins 24 Hours of Spa - Pimiki Crowned Triple Champ !!!Finished 

In response to the recent survey / poll and lessons learned from previous championships the following changes have been made in an attempt to improve the racing / gaming experience:

1.Track schedule has been revised to include three endurance rounds for the Cobra Daytona Coupe - race length increased from 25 minutes to 45 minutes. Double points will be awarded for those races which are during rounds 3, 7 and 10. NB This has been achieved by deleting the Team Truck Race from those rounds.

2. The main event will continue to feature one compulsory pit stop, but they have been removed from the support races (they disrupted the flow of short races and the pit bug has not been solved causing some racers to become trapped in the pits). NB the real Avon Tour races were 15 minutes in length with no pit stops for tyres and fuel.

3. Tyres for the Avon Tour of Britain have been changed from Race Hard to Sports Hard (some racers requested less grippy tyres and this also fits in with the real Avon Tour which was run on road tyres). NB The Cobra Daytona Coupe will be run on Race Hards and the Team Truck races on Sports Hards as previously planned. For future championships Race Cars will be run on Race Hard tyres. Road cars will be run on tyres which appear appropriate to their handling / grip level and the grip level of the cars in the preceding and following race - the intention is that the grip level / cornering speed should rise as the programme proceeds.

4. Future championships will be of 12 rounds duration instead of 15 - NB this championship is an exception at 10 rounds so that the following two sets of championships can be completed within this calendar year. In future there will be 4 sets of championships per calendar year.

5. Performance Limits - The Cobra Coupe Shootout and Team Truck Challenge are tuning prohibited. The Avon Tour of Britain cars are subject to limits of 290bhp, 800kg and 496 PP. In testing this has resulted in very close times with generally less than half a second covering all the cars. I will post the test results shortly and would be grateful if you can do your own testing to ensure that the cars are well matched for this series.

I bought 3 El Caminos. :lol:

Sick_Cylinder!
1. El Camino with camper body is not "tuning prohibited".
2. Alpine '72 or '73?

Unfortunately Lex Lathor is right! The game doesn't allow the El Camino with camper body in a tuning prohibited room. The pleasure in racing this vehicle comes form running it in standard condition (tuning prohibited) - it will therefore be raced without the camper body. The thread will be amended accordingly.

We are using the Premium version of the Alpine introduced by GT6 - this has a gallery view in the dealership, a fully detailed interior and a race number can be displayed. The exact model will be added later by edit.

Regarding Teams and colours - details of these will be revealed shortly.

Hey !
I see no races will be setup as I do not like it I do not like it when they do not behave in the car under me as I would like !

Hey !
I see no races will be setup as I do not like it I do not like it when they do not behave in the car under me as I would like !

The cars we are using in the "Avon Tour of Britain 1973" have tuning / setup (Alpine, Pozzi Motorsports Camaro and Mitsubishi Lancer Rally Car). The Cobra Daytona Coupes are being raced tuning prohibited so no need to setup, but these cars handle very well as standard. The Chevrolet El Camino Trucks are also being raced tuning prohibited (no setup), but these also handle well with standard settings and tyres. They only have a two speed gearbox which adds to their charm!

Teams and Car Selection

Avon Tour Championship Points Rnd 0.jpg
Team Trucks Championship Points Rnd 0.jpg
Cobra Coupe Championship Points Rnd 0.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, would have the better options in the racing car made as little as possible , but in the opposite will be thinking about the race track is not aligned to their performance during the tuning : chassis, gearbox , weight distribution .

Team Willment: @georgetigra @HAMILTONR @DVArt @gkgamer @TonyLomas

As the Leader of Team Willment I demand that every one of you guys have to attend each race of the season!!! :mischievous:

:D Seriously, would be great if you could make it as often as possible.

Remember:
John Willment a major UK team owner wanted to enter two Cobra Coupes in 1964. Shelby refused to sell him the cars, but Ford persuaded Shelby to release a copy of the plans to Willment who set about building his own, but with a modified body to reduce frontal area. The two cars were not finished in time for the 1964 Le Mans and in fact one was never finished. The other was raced extensively, first in the 1964 South African Springbok Series and later in Europe and went on to secure more victories than any other Cobra Coupe, although these victories were less prestigious in nature than those achieved by the six Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupes.
:grumpy:

So this means our goal should be clear - show those Shelbys how it's done! And make John Willment proud!
We can fullfill Johns dream at last, guys!

So I hope we don't end up with only one car like the real Willments, even if that would add to realism!? :lol:

There further are 3 more vacant slots available on our Team I hope can be filled. I will be looking out for potential reserve drivers myself and if you know someone you think might have a thing for retro-racing, hit him or her up because this will be a lot of fun!

:cheers: to all.

Edit!!! @Sick Cylinder well actually, I just realized my Team has three vacant slots, the other has 2 and the other 1 ... Possible to draft for one? Pimiki, please! ;)

@Pimasz do you want to join my Team instead of racing for AC? Willment pays better! And we have red cars! :D:D

Last edited:
I think no matter, who is whos teammate. More important: we run good races all together, and everyone feels good on every sunday.
So feel free to choose Miki, if Sick_Cylinder allows it.
I like to be a team with Miki, but I don't know what would be the best for team competition.

I think no matter, who is whos teammate. More important: we run good races all together, and everyone feels good on every sunday.
So feel free to choose Miki, if Sick_Cylinder allows it.
I like to be a team with Miki, but I don't know what would be the best for team competition.

The teams are set to have an equal number of expected attenders - not all drivers have been attending recently, but each team includes 4 drivers who are likely to attend each round. Each team also includes an equal number of drivers by ability range. Those marked in blue have left, but have been invited to return.

Well with summer coming and lighter nights etc. I'm hoping to maybe attend a few more races. :)

The reduced amount of car choices and the limited tuning actually helps me to "jump in" here and there - when I can.

And I've got nearly all the cars. 👍

Dear Captain @Flaco13,
I am sorry but I will not be able to attend rounds 3 & 4 as I'll be lying on a beach in the sunshine. I will endeavour to win all other rounds though to make up for it :)

Sick, this looks like a great series. I can't wait!

Round 4 is critical because it's the Rally Special Stage / Time Trial round. Flaco can't attend that round either so we will have to come up with an alternative date or way of getting the times.

we will have to come up with an alternative date or way of getting the times.

Just a suggestion for round 4 - why don't you setup some time trial events in the GT6 Sick Sunday racing club. Keep it to club only and limit the dates to the time period you want. Then any member can run the event and record a time for each one. Depending on the dates you set, it hasn't necessarily got to be on the Sunday, so it would give the drivers more leeway of when they could attempt them - i.e. when they are not on holiday.

The times are kept for the individual trials for all to see - you would just need to go and have a look at the results.

You could perhaps have that Sunday off, or run a mid season casual event.
Edit: Or you could carry on with the meeting as normal and get those who can't attend to do the TT's

Like I said, just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Well Flaco, you can't have Team Willment loosing vital points. ;)

I think the idea would work.
Perhaps Sick you could do a test event(s) just to make sure you get the results you need - and to let you experiment with the settings. There's a few weeks left before you need the "real" events setup.

The test events can be deleted afterwards (I think).

Is tuning allowed on the Camaro?:rolleyes:
Yes it is mate on the Avon tour cars. I dug through the first few posts (there's a lot to read!) And found this from Sick...

Tuning is unlimited subject to a power limit of 290bhp, weight limit of 800kg and PP limit of 496. Drivers change cars after every 3 rounds i.e. round 5 and round 8. All drivers complete the Time Trials in round 4 in a tuning prohibited Nissan Bluebird Rally Car.

Tuning tips - the Mitsubishi Lancer is great on standard suspension settings if you lower them so that there is just 10mm of travel left. The Pozzi Camaro and Alpine are good on standard race soft suspension settings. At 800kg the Alpine is 500PP with maximum power so to get it down to 496PP try the power limiter for tight circuits or adding extra ballast for fast tracks.
I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Can't make the final at Spa as I will be at the London Formula E race. All other dates are ok for me.

Question - what is the licence thing, and how does it change?

Can't make the final at Spa as I will be at the London Formula E race. All other dates are ok for me.

Question - what is the licence thing, and how does it change?

It's SickCylinder's driver race rating. Roughly based on driver performance in previous race series. He uses it to help make the teams even for the upcoming series. It can change by consistently being quicker or slower than expected. Daniel has had his rating improved for this series after his good results and wins in the Tran Am championship.

Sick, with us all in the same coloured Daytonas do you want us to have specific coloured wheels or just use the helmets to help with identification?

And since I haven't made it to many race's over the last series, my rating is dropping from silver towards tin.

Sick, with us all in the same coloured Daytonas do you want us to have specific coloured wheels or just use the helmets to help with identification?
Good idea Tony. It would allow a little individualism to the cars - as long as they weren't to lurid. The team truck could have the matching colour. Sick?

And since I haven't made it to many race's over the last series, my rating is dropping from silver towards tin.

Good idea Tony. It would allow a little individualism to the cars - as long as they weren't to lurid. The team truck could have the matching colour. Sick?
Add some copper and you'd be the Solder Cracker! Because, there's going to be lots of heat in this series, I can see it! The Daytona Cobra handles so good I even find it kind of boring, but it promises close racing so it's not. It's too bad you can't change the wheel colours and add numbers on it though.

Team Willment Number 13 happily announces the arrival of both the Cobra Coupe Race Car and our Team Truck; Chev...
I mean Ford '64 Wagon thingy ;)
Ronda.jpg

Well here they are, ready for the Technical Scrutineering.

Edit: Here's a picture of Tony's Ford Wagon at it's current state:

application_octet-stream_041315032259.jpg

Mate, you need to hurry up with that!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Edit: Here's a picture of Tony's Ford Wagon at it's current state:
..Mate, you need to hurry up with that!!
Don't worry. It just needs a bit of a polish and it'll be just fine.

@Sick Cylinder can you just confirm I'm still on team AC (green). Only with me missing a lot of race's and drivers coming and going I didn't know if you wanted to change anything.
My cars are currently painted Mountain green but my spray gun is at the ready - if I get any better contract offers. :sly:

I've now also purchased all of the other cars required. I was surprised, it's quite a cheap race series. ;)

Don't worry. It just needs a bit of a polish and it'll be just fine.

@Sick Cylinder can you just confirm I'm still on team AC (green). Only with me missing a lot of race's and drivers coming and going I didn't know if you wanted to change anything.
My cars are currently painted Mountain green but my spray gun is at the ready - if I get any better contract offers. :sly:

I've now also purchased all of the other cars required. I was surprised, it's quite a cheap race series. ;)

Hi Guys - I don't know how to quote from multiple posts, but I'll try to answer the questions raised:

1. Each team contains 4 people who will probably attend most meetings and a few people who will attend some to none - I am hoping to regularly get an attendance of 12 or above.

2. IfAndOr - No need for anyone to move teams at the moment - so yes, you will be "Mountain Green".

3. Tony - nice idea about the wheels, but not possible because the wheels of the Cobra Daytona Coupe cannot be changed or painted. It's a great shame that this car cannot have a number and totally inexplicable as six examples were built and often raced simultaneously - we can only hope that Polyphony Digital correct this oversight together with allowing race numbers on premium cars which can't have them (such as Art Morrison Corvette and Renault 8 Gordini).

4. All Drivers (in response to Flaco's picture) - The trucks look great with the camper body, but unfortunately the game bars them from the room when "Tuning Prohibited" is selected - this is the same as the problem we had with Shelby Cobra's in a past championship - the cars looked great with the bumpers removed for racing, but the game counted that as tuning. It counts the camper body as tuning so please remove and keep your truck completely standard apart from oil change, brake balance and wheel change - you will have to sleep under the stars on the flatbed of your truck for ten weeks, rather than the bed of your camper!

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg

Dear Captain Flaco,
As you can see I've polished and painted my truck. I've also cut away the canopy and made it a flat bed as per Sick's instructions. I've also changed the wheels and added a number. It still needs a ford badge.
The only other thing left is to replace the rusted engine with a reconditioned one from somewhere.

Now where did I leave that Toyota 7? :)

Back