Cobra Coupe Shootout - Lex wins 24 Hours of Spa - Pimiki Crowned Triple Champ !!!Finished 

Sorry but I couldn't find this piece of information (probably didn't look hard enough). What are the tyres for each race?

Sorry but I couldn't find this piece of information (probably didn't look hard enough). What are the tyres for each race?
Race Hard tyres for the Cobra Coupé and Sports Hard for everything else. 👍

Tyres for the Avon Tour of Britain have been changed from Race Hard to Sports Hard (some racers requested less grippy tyres and this also fits in with the real Avon Tour which was run on road tyres). NB The Cobra Daytona Coupe will be run on Race Hards and the Team Truck races on Sports Hards as previously planned. For future championships Race Cars will be run on Race Hard tyres. Road cars will be run on tyres which appear appropriate to their handling / grip level and the grip level of the cars inthe preceding and following race - the intention is that the grip level / cornering speed should rise as the programme proceeds.

The Avon Tour of Britain cars are subject to limits of 290bhp, 800kg and 496 PP.

Just a quick check Sick and all, to see if everyone is getting the same figures...

Alpine
485pp
259hp
800kg

Lancer
493pp
290hp
800kg

Camaro
468pp
290hp
1311kg

On testing at Autumn Ring (a good mix of corners and elevation changes) I found the Camaro to be the fastest - despite it's weight. The Alpine 1 to 1.5 seconds slower. And the Lancer 2.5 to 3 seconds slower.
Probably different results with different drivers.

Now bearing in mind I can't tune... :indiff:
  • I did find a setup for the Camaro but it made it worse! Sick mentioned it's really quite good on it's standard race soft suspension - and it is so I'm sticking with it. So it's running stock.
  • The Alpine is again pretty good on race soft suspension, but a setup I found did make it, I thought, slightly better - Alpine A110 Tune So I'm going to stick with that I think.
  • I was into my 3rd lap in the Lancer thinking "this is handling very well, it's easily the best of the three". I then realised it was on the RH tyres it's fitted out with as standard. I fitted SH's and it went from best to worst! Amazing how much of a change the tyres made. I'm finding it very tricky to find grip. It might be little better on a different track but I haven't tried that yet. I did try lowering the suspension Sick, but if possible it really needs a suspension/dif update to suit the SH tyres.
So if anyone's got a good Mitsubishi Lancer setup they could share I'd be grateful. 👍

The Avon Tour of Britain cars are subject to limits of 290bhp, 800kg and 496 PP.

Just a quick check Sick and all, to see if everyone is getting the same figures...

IfAndOr Figures Sick Bold

Alpine
485pp 496pp
259bhp 251bhp
800kg 800kg

Lancer
493pp 496pp
290bhp 290bhp
800kg 800kg

Camaro
468pp 471pp
290bhp 290bhp
1311kg 1283kg

On testing at Autumn Ring (a good mix of corners and elevation changes) I found the Camaro to be the fastest - despite it's weight. The Alpine 1 to 1.5 seconds slower. And the Lancer 2.5 to 3 seconds slower.
Probably different results with different drivers.

Now bearing in mind I can't tune... :indiff:
  • I did find a setup for the Camaro but it made it worse! Sick mentioned it's really quite good on it's standard race soft suspension - and it is so I'm sticking with it. So it's running stock.
  • The Alpine is again pretty good on race soft suspension, but a setup I found did make it, I thought, slightly better - Alpine A110 Tune So I'm going to stick with that I think.
  • I was into my 3rd lap in the Lancer thinking "this is handling very well, it's easily the best of the three". I then realised it was on the RH tyres it's fitted out with as standard. I fitted SH's and it went from best to worst! Amazing how much of a change the tyres made. I'm finding it very tricky to find grip. It might be little better on a different track but I haven't tried that yet. I did try lowering the suspension Sick, but if possible it really needs a suspension/dif update to suit the SH tyres.
So if anyone's got a good Mitsubishi Lancer setup they could share I'd be grateful. 👍

Click on quote above to see comparison of IfAndOr figures with Sick Cylinder Figures.

I've tested at a lot of tracks and found the difference to be zero at some tracks and normally less than 1 second, with the Lancer generally fastest, Alpine fastest on tracks with tight corners and Camaro fastest on fast tracks.

Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car 1974 Tune below - I just lowered the suspension, tuned the diff, brakes and aero:

Ride Height 100 / 100
Spring Rate 5.33 / 3.59
Dampers C 4 / 4
Dampers E 4 / 4
ARB 3 / 3
Camber 1.5 / 3.5
Toe -0.5 / 1
Racing Brakes 7 / 4

Transmission - to preference / track

LSD 10 / 25 / 15
Power everything and limiter 91.7%

Body
Downforce 150 / 250
Ballast 33
Position 50
Weight reduction stage 3

Alpine A110S 1972 Tune

Race Soft Suspension
Racing Brakes 5 / 5

LSD Standard
Triple Plate Clutch

Power everything and limiter 96.7% (For fast tracks set limiter to 100% and add ballast)

Body
Ballast 165
Position 0
Weight Reducation Stage 3
Carbon bonnet body colour
Window weight reduction

Pozzi Motorsports Camaro RS Tune

Race soft suspension
Racing Brakes 7 / 4

LSD 10 / 25 / 15

Power
Engine tuning standard
Exhaust semi racing
Supercharger standard
Power limiter 57.6%

Body
Weight reduction stage 3
Window weight reduction

The above are the tunes that I used for testing and will use for racing - If you discover a faster tune please post it - this is obviously optional as you may want to keep your setup secret. I've shared mine so you can see how I got to figures of 496PP, 290 bhp and 800kg.

Happy Racing everyone!

Added by Edit: I just tried the Alpine tune recommended by IfAndOr at Brands Hatch Indy 1980's - it seemed to be slower on corner entry, but faster on corner exit - I managed to gain about 0,2 seconds with this tune.

I also tried a Praiano tune for the Camaro and gained a similar amount.

Overall the Alpine was fastest with the Camaro 0.6 back and the Lancer 0.8 back at this track.

Added by second edit: Eiger Nordwand with the new tunes (Jakedog23 and Praiano) Alpine and Camaro equal, Lancer 0.1 seconds slower.

Last edited:
^ Thanks Sick. I'll give those settings a go.
I didn't realise the Lancer had adjustable aero. :dunce:

It requires a gentler foot and more accurate steering and braking than the Camaro otherwise it's easy to lose time by getting off line, but with extra aero I find it as fast as the Camaro

It will be interesting to see how the Test goes tomorrow.

I can't decide on the colour for my cars - I keep changing them!

Hey guys,

good to see you talk about tunes,
I will just use the tunes recommended by you.

I still have to buy some of the cars and flex off the camper body of the Chev.... ugh Ford Truck.

Edit:

Don't know if its good but I've tested Sick's tune and decided to ... make my own from scratch :D

Ride Height 100 / 112
Spring Rate 5.32 / 4.53
Dampers C 4 / 2
Dampers E 5 / 3
ARB 2 / 3
Camber 2.6 / 1.8
Toe -0.24 / 0.39
Racing Brakes 6 / 4

Transmission -
Final G. 5.500
Max. Speed 180km/h (slider all left, lowest digit)
Final G. 4.000
1. 2.545
2. 1.800
3. 1.350
4. 1.070
5. 0.865

LSD 26 / 13 / 9
Power everything and limiter 91.7%

Body
Downforce 147 / 253
Ballast 33
Position 50
Weight reduction stage 3

Midfield Raceway 1:20,236

The Camaro is just good as of Sick's tune so I'll leave it like that for now.
Midfield Raceway low 1:21

Alpine:
Ride Height 100 / 94
Spring Rate 4.00 / 4.36
Dampers C 4 / 6
Dampers E 2 / 5
ARB 2 / 5
Camber 0.6 / 2.6
Toe -0.04 / 0.50
Racing Brakes 8 / 3

Transmission - Max. Speed 300km/h
1. 2,920
2. 1,890
3. 1,335
4. 1,000
5. 0,795

Triple plate Clutch, LSD Standard

Power everything

Downforce 20 (Not sure if the spoiler from the aero-kit is permitted, though)
Ballast 165 Pos. 0
Weight red. stage 3; bonnet & window weight red.

Midfield Raceway 1:21,6xx

Room for much improvement on the Alpine, especially on the transmission.

@Sick Cylinder about the spoiler on Alpine:
11154621_1032217143473498_2797949082734823403_o.jpg

11053159_1032218333473379_1705762766903649404_o.jpg

Just thought it might be nice since it looks a bit more "racy" and the Camaro has one , too. Let me know what you think Sick.

Last edited:
(Not sure if the spoiler from the aero-kit is permitted, though)
Shhhh, don't tell him. He might not spot it. Oh, too late. :D
Actually it doesn't look out of place, pretty good I think. I've got one fitted to mine.

Thanks Flaco for the setup updates. 👍

I didn't give up on the Lancer and spent a little time on it last night - till 3AM!! I started with Sick's settings which improved it a lot. I think moving the ballast and adding some downforce had the most effect. I then "messed about" with the suspension and ended up with similar settings to yourself! But I'm now going to give yours a go since they seem to be more logically thought through. :)

Like you it was around Mid Field - Offline track grip low. So online with tyre wear on it's going to be slower.
Alpine 1:19.758
Lancer 1:20.209
Camaro 1:21.103

Very similar to yours. Should be good for close racing. If we can keep them on the track. :P

Edit: Here's a tune by Tunerxande for the Camaro Sick. I know you liked one of his in the previous series. It's not bad. But then the standard race soft is also good.

Last edited:
No spoilers on the Alpine please - I did the testing without. best to keep all three cars looking standard - the real Avon Tour was for standard cars running on road tyres. There may not be time to get them looking standard for Roiund 0, but please change for round 1 onwards.

Internet gone, been coming and going since we moved and now it doesn't seem to come back. So that's it for my test day. :(

Thanks Flaco for the setup updates. 👍

I didn't give up on the Lancer and spent a little time on it last night - till 3AM!! I started with Sick's settings which improved it a lot. I think moving the ballast and adding some downforce had the most effect. I then "messed about" with the suspension and ended up with similar settings to yourself! But I'm now going to give yours a go since they seem to be more logically thought through. :)

Like you it was around Mid Field - Offline track grip low. So online with tyre wear on it's going to be slower.
Alpine 1:19.758
Lancer 1:20.209
Camaro 1:21.103

Very similar to yours. Should be good for close racing. If we can keep them on the track. :P
So it turns out they are pretty much useless, well not useless maybe but far from competitive. I don't have the time nor the will anymore to tweak around on those, going to just try those others mentioned to see if I can set a quicker lap with them.

No spoilers on the Alpine please - I did the testing without. best to keep all three cars looking standard - the real Avon Tour was for standard cars running on road tyres. There may not be time to get them looking standard for Roiund 0, but please change for round 1 onwards.
OK!

After todays testing I first thought the Lancer is much too fast. That was until Miki and Rehdogg had a close battle for 1st. The thought remains that the Alpine is a little bit behind on performance.

Those Trucks are great fun, I can't see much of where I'm at on track in my preferred "bonnet-view" because on this car it's more of a "roof-view" or something.

Really, these connection issues are a pain in the behind. Why you no consider room settings on private or using the club, today was the best opportunity to test it. Many people use those and have less problems since.

Internet gone, been coming and going since we moved and now it doesn't seem to come back. So that's it for my test day. :(
I really hope you can get this fixed. :(

Sorry for leaving abruptly guys. The online problems were frustrating me somewhat! And the dinner I delayed making to enable me to race, was getting delayed further!
Did you get the chance to test the Cobras?

A lot of the problems could be helped by using a fixed host, since this requires less data to be transmitted between all PS3's and helps with incompatibilities. But I don't think your connection is strong enough for that Sick. So a few online tips I could suggest...

As Flaco mentions, using a club only room for the championship would stop unwanted people entering/exiting and destabilising (and distracting) a working lobby. Club rooms are just as good - if not better. Many use them now.

To help those with a slightly slower connection and to maybe make things a bit more stable, try dropping the quality slider down one notch from the recommended setting. Three stars maybe. It shouldn't make much (if any) difference to the actual racing. (Tried out in the Toyota championship with good results)

You should also consider reducing the number of players allowed in the room. I know this is tricky since you don't quite know how many to expect. But if you suspect the room is not going to be full, dropping the player numbers reduces the amount of connections that have to be kept open on all PS3's - even though they may not be used. Again helping those with a weaker internet. Maybe somewhere around 12-13-14?

The important thing is if people are experiencing problems is to exit back to the main menu before trying to rejoin the room. Therefore disconnecting from the GT6 network server and then reconnecting. Trying to rejoin without doing this often tends to "break" the room and it doesn't get better - it usually has to be remade. Cleaning the network cache while you are in the main menu can sometimes help also

So exit to main menu, clean cache (options/network) and then try to rejoin.
I'm not saying this will fix everything because there are far too many online problems, but it does seem to help - sometimes!

If all this fails (which is quite likely) - A PS4 and Project Cars is beginning to sound good. :indiff:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it turns out they are pretty much useless, well not useless maybe but far from competitive.
I didn't get the chance to try the Camaro online but I was generally pleased with the handling of the other two. My trouble was that I haven't really set the gearboxes fully. The short twisty nature of the track exacerbated the problem. Everyone was out accelerating me but I was catching them on the corners. Around Mid-Field they were fine. Perhaps a different gearbox setting for each track is in order - I was trying to avoid that though.

I think the different cars might shine at different tracks. Maybe.

Yes the trucks were fun, once I'd got used to it on the cobbles at Rome. The fact that I actually stalled and had to restart it at the beginning of the race didn't help!

Last edited:
Important Changes - All Racers Please Read !!!

Following the Test day yesterday, feedback and further testing I have decided to alter the spec of the Avon Tour of Britain as follows:

504PP, 290bhp, 785kg

With these changes my cars come out as follows:

Alpine: 504pp, 290bhp, 785kg
Camaro: 471pp, 290bhp, 1283kg
Lancer: 499pp, 290bhp, 785kg

Testing in online time trial mode at Tsukuba resulted in the following time differences: Alpine 0, Camaro +0.1, Lancer +0.2

Lancer tune was as previously, but less ballast and LSD set to 12 / 30 / 15. Alpine used the Jakedog23 tune with appropriate ballast.

Race Programme has been altered:
Race 1 - Warmup Event - Team Trucks Race - No Qualifying (this should help get the meeting started) 15 Minute Race - Sports Hard Tyres. As the Team Trucks have been moved to event 1 they will now race at the same track as the Avon Tour Cars. I have made this change in running order because the Trucks are much slower than the Avon Tour cars and will therefore make a good warmup event.

Race 2 - Avon Tour of Britain - 5 Minutes Qualifying, 15 Minute Race - Sports Hard Tyres.

Race 3 - Cobra Daytona Coupe Shootout - 5 (or more) Minutes Qualifying, 25 Minute Race - Race Hard Tyres.

Room will be changed to Private (friends only) and race quality will be reduced by one star. Hopefully this will be enough - all drivers are reminded to empty system cache before entering room. (NB we previously stopped using Private Room and switched to Public because of problems with invisible cars so I am not sure whether this will work. I am reluctant to use the Club Rooms because they are better for single events rather than multiple championships.)

As IfAndOr says Fixed Host is not an option for me as my internet speed is not fast enough - I tried it once and race quality went down to one star!

During the test meeting I noticed quite a lot of cars without race numbers - please make sure you have fitted your race number- type A, Font A before Round 1. Any Team Trucks need to be painted in the appropriate team colours as detailed at the start of the thread.

Thanks to all for feedback, especially Flaco and IfAndOr - very helpful - comments are welcome from everyone who raced yesterday.

Race pictures to follow.

Last edited:
Yesterday was great! I had fun with these practice races and got to experience racing in the cars before the real thing. I missed up a lot because I was trying to find out whether drifting through the tight corners or just taking a normal racing line was faster :lol:. Turns it driving normal was faster. Anyway, I had very close races with Flaco (El Camino) and Miki (Rally)! I'm glad to see such close racing with different cars, which proves how close they are in terms of performance. I wonder if the Alpine is slower than the other two? it's just that mostly the Camaros/Lancers were in the front, but I have no idea if it's slower or not since I haven't tested it yet.

Anyway, I really love the Cobra. I was so happy to see it getting its own championship, and stock nonetheless! (I'm not very good at tuning and I prefer stock because we all know we got the exact same car that way so it's just a matter of who drives better rather than tune better :)) I actually drove mine a lot after the previous one with it. I drove it so much that it displayed "the body is starting to deteriorate" message, so I had to repair it for 500,000 haha. It's just so much fun to drive and it looks really beautiful. I think it might be my favorite looking car ever! Well, the 250 GTO (which I actually bought not too long ago after finally collecting 20 million credits) comes close, but that looks very similar so it's the shape! It's also one of the best sounding cars in the game imo. I'm not a big fan of car sounds personally (I actually always listen to music with earphones when I race), but the Cobra just sounds so good to me.

Anyway, really looking forward to racing next week!

Edit: Also one thing bothered me... WHY DON'T THE HEADLIGHTS ON THE EL CAMINO WORK? Do they even work at night? Maybe I should try it and find out...

I am reluctant to use the Club Rooms because they are better for single events rather than multiple championships.
You don't need to set up an event - which does indeed limit what you can do. Just open a room in the club lobby. You just need to select club members only, not a open to all room.
Once you've made the room all options are exactly the same as you would have in a open lobby. Therefore you can change settings and tracks etc. Ideal for your mixed car championship.

The benefit of the club room is that it is club members only, not everyone on your friends list.

If I see you online during the week I'll give you a shout and we'll give it a try.

If we do use a club room...
To all racers - If you haven't joined "Sick's Race Room" Club in GT6 please do so by clicking on the link below or from within GT6 Edit: room is set to private so invites would need to be sent.

Club ID: 1000875

These are the current members...
danielsspel
emotional-rekz
Flaco__13
H-Vain0la
LexLathor
M_Mallet_Jr
Maximusmonster
racercad
rehdogg15
Sick_Cylinder
sutsagrd
TonyLomas
Whisper_Crew
xX2MannYhAvitZXx
IfAndOr
johnwells69
OneRacer73
St_Bridge44

Last edited:
Round 0 Test Day Race Pictures

Team Truck Test Race featured the Chevrolet El Camino complete with wallowy suspension and two speed transmission.

TT.jpg

Avon Tour of Britain 1973 Races were thoroughly entertaining - That year the tour was one by a young man named James Hunt who went on to lift the Formula One World Title in 1976. It was easy to imagine that Flaco (Number 13) was James Hunt as his car matched the colour of James Hunt's winning Camaro.

Maximus Monster was flying in his Mountain Green Camaro. Sick Cylinder took off in the number 58 Alpine. The painting of IfAndOrs wheels (Number 8 Alpine) were in dubious taste - very 1970's!

AT1.jpg
AT2.jpg
AT3.jpg

You don't need to set up an event - which does indeed limit what you can do. Just open a room in the club lobby. You just need to select club members only, not a open to all room.
Once you've made the room all options are exactly the same as you would have in a open lobby. Therefore you can change settings and tracks etc. Ideal for your mixed car championship.

The benefit of the club room is that it is club members only, not everyone on your friends list.

If I see you online during the week I'll give you a shout and we'll give it a try.

If we do use a club room...
To all racers - If you haven't joined "Sick's Race Room" Club in GT6 please do so by clicking on the link below or from within GT6

Club ID: 1000875

These are the current members...
danielsspel
emotional-rekz
Flaco__13
H-Vain0la
LexLathor
M_Mallet_Jr
Maximusmonster
racercad
rehdogg15
Sick_Cylinder
sutsagrd
TonyLomas
Whisper_Crew
xX2MannYhAvitZXx
IfAndOr
johnwells69
OneRacer73
St_Bridge44
It looks like I cannot join unless invited.:dunce:

Ah. Sorry GK, I didn't realise it was private! Very exclusive.:)
Ignore my instructions then.

@Sick Cylinder - you will have to send some invites out to the missing members. If you want to go down that route.

Nice pictures by the way. I'll change the wheel colour then. ;)

I'll do the invites tomorrow and will contact you for more guidance on how the club works including possible arrangements for round 4.

In the meantime enjoy this clip of the Avon Tour of Britain 1975 with commentary by Dickie Davies, presumably taken from ITV's World of Sport which at the time was watched by millions of people in the UK (including me!).

This short silent amateur film clip shows the 1973 tour and includes some great and very rare shots of James Hunt and his number 6 white Camaro - also some of the unlikely car choices made by competitors and their sponsors (well worth a watch if you have a couple of minutes spare):

Last edited:
also some of the unlikely car choices
There sure was!
Woolworths as one of the sponsors
It was a complete pick & mix selection.

I won't feel so bad now if I spin out or drive over the grass. It seems like everyone was doing it!
My excuse now will be - I'm just trying to be realistic. :P

Last edited:
Important Updates

Club - You will need to accept the invitation to join in order to race

Invitations were sent to non-club members yesterday. Long-time racers such as Pimiki were originally invited to join the club when the club feature was first launched and the system will not allow me to send those people a second invitation.

If you are not a member and did not receive an invitation yesterday please check your club messages and accept the invitation.

I am hoping that we will be able to try running the race meeting using the club feature as per @IfAndOr suggestion, but if we still haven't got everyone joined up by Sunday, the next meeting will be in a Private lounge

Team Changes

With the loss of the excellent driver George Tigra, due to hardware issues, I will be asking the equally excellent Rehdogg to transfer to Flaco's Team Willment - it wil be necessary for Rehdogg to repaint his Truck and Cobra Coupe in Bolero Red (an original Chevrolet El Camino colour). This is necessary to balance the teams as Flaco was short of drivers at Round 0.

Vacancies

Sadly we have lost Santu929, Octimuscrime and GTPHamilonR due to work and GT Academy commitments - this means that we have a few vacancies for drivers for the series - anyone wishing to join should contact me via this thread or by personal message on GT Planet.

History of the Avon Tour of Britain

Information is hard to come by because although the Tour started brightly it soon faded away into obscurity. I managed to find the results for the top 20 cars and drivers in 1973:

Avon Tour Final Classification.jpg

Note that Prince Michael of Kent was co-driver for Nigel Clarkson and finished one place ahead of Graham Hill!

The tour was for standard cars on road tyres with financial incentives (prizes) for running on Avon Tyres. The cars were split into classes depending on how much they cost - Moskvich and Lada were well represented in the cheapest category. Chevrolet Camaro's, Ford Capri 3 litre and BMW 3 litre cars were good choices in the top classes.

Some unusual cars were tried - superstar driver Howden Ganley managed to wrestle his Maserati powered Citroen SM into 19th place. The success of James Hunt in the Camaro in 1973 led saloon car ace Tony Lanfranchi to try a Plymouth HemiCuda on the 1975 tour, however without success due to brake failure. Sadly Tony passed away in 2004 due to cancer, but I have very happy memories of Tony taking me round a track when he was demonstrating a new car for Mazda - his car control was utterly unbelievable!

Avon Tour Citroen SM.jpg

Last edited:
Hi !
Dear organizer !
The game is the Hungarian -language menu motor power: / horsepower / : is specified. Which is the most important agreement between the TP or BHP was stipulated that ?

Hi !
Dear organizer !
The game is the Hungarian -language menu motor power: / horsepower / : is specified. Which is the most important agreement between the TP or BHP was stipulated that ?
You have kW? Difference is x 1.3401

100kW=134bhp

Or you have hp?

100kW=136hp

290bhp = 294 hp

You have kW? Difference is x 1.3401

100kW=134bhp

Or you have hp?

100kW=136hp

290bhp = 294 hp

Thanks Flaco for that explanation and also some good news - Eran0004 will be joining. I will be looking at the teams again in view of that and will post the updated teams shortly.

Back