Cobra Coupe Shootout - Lex wins 24 Hours of Spa - Pimiki Crowned Triple Champ !!!Finished 

I would think that due to it's flattened power (limited) curve it would be the car to benefit from using manual gears though. The torque is dropping way down by the time you hit the red line. Shame you've got that car to start with.

With a power limited to 290 bhp and stock gear ratios, this is the output of the gear shift calculator I'm working on:

Gear 1 shift up when above 5900.

Gear 2 shift down when below 3900.
Gear 2 shift up when above 5500.

Gear 3 shift down when below 4000.
Gear 3 shift up when above 5000.

Gear 4 shift down when below 3800.
Gear 4 shift up when above 4800.

Gear 5 shift down when below 3800.
Gear 5 shift up when above 4900.

Gear 6 shift down when below 3800.

Edit: Actually, having looked closer at the figures, the conclusion is that with a power limiter it doesn't really matter when you shift, as long as it's after the torque peak. Here's the graph of the Camaro, the gears just flow seamlessly into each other:

camaro_shift.jpg

So your experience that tuning the gearbox didn't have an effect on your speed seems to be confirmed by this graph.

Last edited:
That's it - I won't Host any more races with pit stops until PD fix the dreaded pit stop bug. I am fed up of this bug which has been plaguing my races since Gt6 was introduced.

Fun races today, enjoyed them a lot. Especially the Cobra race. Sadly the pit glitch happened though.

Anyway, something really bothered me during the second race. @Pimasz/miki, you need to drive cleaner. Whenever you're behind me you try to overtake me, cutting into my line and pushing me. It happaned the first time you overtook me but it wasn't a big deal, but then you kept on repeating it throughout the race. I think you pushed me out of the track like 5 times this race. I think it was lap 39 or 40, where you pushed my car from behind in 2 consecutive turns outside the track right after I got in front of you. When you're close racing you don't just cut into the other person's line and disregard their car, you need to take a different line to make sure you don't push them. Sure, some contact is fine as it's inevitable sometimes, but the way you did it was literally pushing me off the track. It got really annoying. This isn't the first time it happens, it also happened a few times before. I hope you'll drive more carefully when you're in a close battle with someone next time.

Anyway, I still had no hope if winning the race, because it seems I miscalculated and was about to run out of fuel, so I had to pit 4 times. Not sure what Lex has against rain, the race was really fun and you had to think your choice of tires. I almost went with IM during the second pit, but the sky was clear so I went with RH. Luckily it stayed dry until the end of the race. Endurance races like this are really lots of fun. Everyone messed up and spun out, but somehow near the end we were all close to each other. Just like the actual endurance races. Though, it's a bit different. Some cars could pit for like 20 minutes due to repairs and still win the race. (Le Mans 24h)

Anyway, it sucks that the it glitch exists. I really enjoy endurance races such as this one. Not too long, but long enough for lots of things to happen.

For those who saved the replay from the Cobra race, check my car on lap 14 :lol:

I must have hit a patch of water or something, the rear end just snapped.

Anyway, before the race I said I wouldn't gamble. So what did I do on the very first lap of the race? Enter the pits to fit RH tyres :banghead:

They worked well though, up until lap 14. After that incident I switched to intermediates, and guess what the weather does? Sunshine! Last stint: switched back to RH. At the very moment I come to stop in the pit, what do I see on my windscreen? Rain...

Not the most brilliant pit strategy ever, but it was a fun race anyway!

I'm sorry and I apologize but I have not seen two cars that came out of the race start line . The grid was not full. At this point I can not do anything .

Race Report Round 3 Silverstone International

I was disappointed to qualify last, but pleased to gain a couple of places with a good start. I was hoping to be able to hold that position for the race, but knew it would be a big challenge as @IfAndOr and @nonka (Maximusmonster) were faster than me. I thought if I could drive without mistakes it might be possible. On lap three IfAndOr slipped past and I thought - "Oh no!", but I was able to retake him on the corner exit. A couple of laps later I noticed that the screen was not displaying the number of pit stops remaining - I had done a lot of test runs to develop the weather settings and this was the first time pit stops remaining wasn't being displayed. Naturally I thought, "right, as Host I obviously haven't set the pitstops in the event settings before the race". My driving naturally went to pieces as I lost concentration and imagined having to stop and restart the race. I drove off the straight and into the gravel so I could type everyone a warning message, but after I did, the pit stops remaining notice displayed on the screen. Big sigh of relief. I was now in last place and decided that as I was now a long way behind the next car I may as well take my first pit stop. On pit entry I was careful not to touch the fuel as that often traps you in the pits with the pitbug. It wanted to give me Race Hard tyres, but I selected Intermediates as quickly as I could, but for some reason the dreaded pit bug struck on that first stop and trapped me in the pits with about 40 laps of racing left! I briefly considered using my Karate skills to attempt to break Fred Vella's world record for demolishing a house with your bare hands (17 hours and 10 minutes), but decided the more civilized alternative was to have a cup of tea and a scone with a neighbour. I returned suitably refreshed with three minutes left to go and still trapped in the pits with beautiful rain still dripping down the windscreen of my Cobra Coupe.

Congratulations on a fine win by @Flaco who completed 45 laps and in the process lapped everyone in the race at least once.

Also big congratulations and a great debut by M Mallet Jr who drove well in both races and also helped with pre-race testing.

Results Cobra Coupe 50 Minute Wet Endurance Race

1st - Flaco - Willment
2nd - Pimiki - AC
3rd - GKgamer - Willment
4th - Rehdogg - AC
5th - Eran - Shelby
6th - M Mallet Jr - Willment
7th - Buybon - Shelby
8th - Zmihalik - Shelby
9th - Maximusmonster - AC
10th - Lex Lathor - Disconnected
10th - Sick Cylinder - Trapped in Pits (Pit Bug)
10th - IfAndOr - Trapped in Pits (Pit Bug)

Results Avon Tour of Britain 1973 15 Minute Race (785Kg, 290bhp, 504PP)

1st - Pimiki - Lancer
2nd - Flaco - Camaro
3rd - Rehdogg - Lancer
4th - GKgamer - Camaro
5th - Buybon - Alpine
6th - Lex Lathor - Alpine
7th - Eran - Alpine
8th - M Mallet Jr - Camaro
9th - Sick Cylinder - Lancer
10th - Zmihalik - Alpine
11th - IfAndOr - Alpine
12th - Maximusmonster - Lancer

Next Round 4 - Rally Special Stages - Nissan Bluebird Rally Car (Tuning Prohibited)

Round 4 will be in Time Trial mode. Rather than set up a replacement round for those drivers who cannot attend I have decided instead to drop the lowest scoring round from each driver at the end of the championship so therefore there is no penalty if someone cannot attend this round or another round. (All rounds will now have equal value).

Future Endurance Rounds

I have decided not to hold any races with pit stops until Polyphony Digital fix the "Pit Bug" which plagues this game. The endurance rounds will still go ahead, but with tyre wear set to normal so that a stop is not required. Red Bull Ring will be in daylight and Spa will be a 24 hour simulation and will therefore include a period of night driving.

Championship Tables and photos to follow.

Last edited:
watching the replay, I think this race's results were biased by the vision problems.
Even though we, the team Williment, were very happy with the outcome, @Pimasz let the win slip away when he lifted off to end the race in 44 laps, unaware that @Flaco13 was close to him since he couldn't see him. Had the leading car gone for a 45th lap, @Flaco13 may even have run out of gas during the extra lap.
Although I am not sure of what glitch made the race stop for everyone when it allowed Flaco to go alone for a glory lap, it is not the first time I see such an ending to an endurance race.
In the end I think the impact of race programming artifacts and glitches on yesterday's round was quite important and it's a bit disappointing because I totally agree with @rehdogg15 on how pleasant a race it was.
cheers

No glitch mate, Miki stopped before the finish line to end the race after 44 laps, I went straight through (1.5 sec behind him. Btw. pretty sure he did see me ;) ) and over the line so I had to finish lap 45 (yes, I ran out of fuel). Everyone else crossed the line after the 50 min. countdown was over, so the race finished after 44 laps for them. Since I crossed the line before end of countdown and made the 45th lap, instead of 44, I win the race Miki would have easily secured for himself. There aren't any regulations prohibiting or give a penalty for finishing the race on low/no- fuel (I hope). :)

Edit: Whatever you do, you do not stop before a finish line. Especially when you have plenty of fuel for one more lap.

Last edited:
No glitch mate, Miki stopped before the finish line to end the race after 44 laps, I went straight through (1.5 sec behind him. Btw. pretty sure he did see me ;) ) and over the line so I had to finish lap 45 (yes, I ran out of fuel). Everyone else crossed the line after the 50 min. countdown was over, so the race finished after 44 laps for them. Since I crossed the line before end of countdown and made the 45th lap, instead of 44, I win the race Miki would have easily secured for himself. There aren't any regulations prohibiting or give a penalty for finishing the race on low/no- fuel (I hope). :)

Edit: Whatever you do, you do not stop before a finish line. Especially when you have plenty of fuel for one more lap.

So running out of fuel is why your last lap took so long :) I was wondering about that...

Hello Sick and others,
I have a theory regarding the pit stop bug. Seems to me the bug appears only when you actually set
a mandatory number before the race.

If you set it to zero instead there shouldn't be any bugs.
sicksick.jpg

You can just have a verbal agreement amongst the drivers on how many pit
stops needs to be done. Like three for instance as you had yesterday.

The Toyota races that we have done have worked great without any pit stop bugs,
and I'd like to think it is because the setting has always been 0 and drivers have chosen
themselves whether to pit or not.

10th - IfAndOr - Trapped in Pits (Pit Bug)
No not the pit bug. It was the getting interrupted to do things around the house* (twice) bug. Followed by the being bored driving around many laps behind and returning to the pits bug. :indiff:

My Avon Tour race was spoiled by my choice of footwear! It turned out my new comfortable house slippers weren't very good for driving - I couldn't feel the peddles properly and kept locking up! I had to pull over mid race to put my "racing socks" on. :)
I wasn't much good because I'd been unable to practice beforehand - which was why I didn't qualify. I thought I'd stay out of everyone's way.

*That's why I don't usually do the longer endurance races. They very often don't work out for me. In fact I might skip the next ones.

Hello Sick and others,
I have a theory regarding the pit stop bug. Seems to me the bug appears only when you actually set
a mandatory number before the race.

If you set it to zero instead there shouldn't be any bugs.
View attachment 364571

You can just have a verbal agreement amongst the drivers on how many pit
stops needs to be done. Like three for instance as you had yesterday.

The Toyota races that we have done have worked great without any pit stop bugs,
and I'd like to think it is because the setting has always been 0 and drivers have chosen
themselves whether to pit or not.

This bug has happened to me so many times that I have developed several theories. It appears to happen much more often to the Host than other drivers. Your theory may be correct, but these are mine:

Theory 1: at some tracks the game awards a time penalty if the driver enters the pitlane too fast - it holds the car at the end of the stop for up to 10 seconds depending on the track. My theory is that if the Host speeds while entering pitlane the game attempts to give a time penalty, but becomes confused and doesn't release the car.

When the pit bug strikes the filling of the fuel tank is not completed - I don't know if that supports this theory or not.

Theory 2: Any attempt by the Host to alter the default fuel setting on pit entry causes the bug. I have noticed that if I attempt to alter the fuel load I suffer the pit bug - it doesn't happen every time - probably half the time so now I never risk altering the fuel which is frustrating knowing that others have that advantage , but I can't use it.

I think that the bug strikes if the fuel selection confirmation occurs beyond a certain point in the pitlane - the game becomes confused and thinks it has no instruction on fuel so just starts the refuel then stops and holds the car.

Theory 3: As above, but relating to a change of tyre choice. If the tyre choice is not confirmed early enough the game holds the car in the pit.

Last edited:
Round 4 Poster Final.jpg

Round 4 is a Time Trial round using the Nissan Bluebird Rally Car tuning prohibited. After an oil change your car should have 135bhp, 965kg and 361pp. In 1973 the Avon Tour of Britain included a mix of 15 minute circuit races and rally special stages.

Changed by Edit: make sure you have dirt tyres and comfort medium tyres. Note change: Mount Panorama will be 16 minutes on comfort medium with no driving line.

Normal racing resumes with Round 5, but remember that we change Avon Tour Cars at Rounds 5 and 8 as detailed on page one of the thread.

Last edited:
Internet working now:tup: Do we have to all race together, how will it be done:)

The Time Trial mode is like qualifying - you can't see anyone's car except your own. Each time a person does a fastest lap the time appears on the screen - it's quite exciting when you have a group of people.

There will be five minutes of practise before each time trial. The car uses dirt tyres for the first three time trials and race hard tyres for Mount Panorama as it is a road circuit. Remember to do an oil change on the car to get full power.

The Time Trial mode is like qualifying - you can't see anyone's car except your own. Each time a person does a fastest lap the time appears on the screen - it's quite exciting when you have a group of people.

There will be five minutes of practise before each time trial. The car uses dirt tyres for the first three time trials and race hard tyres for Mount Panorama as it is a road circuit. Remember to do an oil change on the car to get full power.

I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I think we could give a chance to Comfort compound tires for once at Bathurst. RH tires on such a low power lightweight take the fun out of it as far as I am concerned. Anything higher than Sports Hard tires is an overkill on this car in my opinion.
And I do confirm that the ending to last Sunday's Cobra race did not occur in a "normal" fashion.
I checked in many enduro replays I have kept and in a race where entries are not subject to any visibility issues, everybody has to go for the same amount of laps as the leader with the exception of the cars that have been lapped by the leading car prior to the start of the final lap. You get the timer on 0:00 time remaining but the "this is the final lap" insert appears when you start your final lap.
So I guess the outcome would have been different had the race not been bugged by the visibility problems.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone agrees with me but I think we could give a chance to Comfort compound tires for once at Bathurst. RH tires on such a low power lightweight takes the fun out of it as far as I am concerned. Anything higher than Sports Hard tires is an overkill on this car in my opinion.
And I do confirm that the ending to last Sunday's Cobra race did not occur in a "normal" fashion.
I checked in many enduro replays I have kept and in a race where entries are not subject to any visibility issues, everybody has to go for the same amount of laps as the leader with the exception of the cars that have been lapped by the leading car prior to the start of the final lap. You get the timer on 0:00 time remaining but the "this is the final lap" insert appears when you start your final lap.
So I guess the outcome would have been different had the race not been bugged by the visibility problems.

I'd vote for comfort softs on this. Sub 400pp only really merits comfort compounds, too much grip otherwise. Your call Sick.

I'd vote for comfort softs on this. Sub 400pp only really merits comfort compounds, too much grip otherwise. Your call Sick.

I'll check the tyres tomorrow - testing was done with the tyres that the car came with (race hards). I don't want them to be too slippy as the track time is midnight (dark night) and that provides some extra challenge. If changed they will probably be sports mediums which brings them in line with the fitment to other Avon Tour cars.

Comfort's - Well I'd normally agree with you guys that a "normal" low powered car might be better on them, but the Bluebird is a race/rally car. The real car would have had much better handling than the standard road car. It comes as standard on Race Hard tyres - with race suspension, brakes and LSD settings set up to suit them. And since we are running it un-tuned, dropping it down to comfort's might unsettle it without any corresponding suspension tweaks. Not necessarily more realistic, just more twitchy.
If changed, the Sport Hard's of the other Avon tour cars maybe a good compromise. I've just tried it up Mount Panorama and it's not too bad.

Look, it hasn't got much grip anyway... :D
Eiger Nordwand W Trail .jpg

Whatever the tyres used, for much more realism try the Bluebird without the ABS. The real one definitely didn't have it. You'll probably need to turn the brakes down a little.
Actually Sick, the road stage time trial would have been a good opportunity to have disallowed ABS. Low power/speed, good grip and no other cars around - perfect. ;)

I'd also suggest that you disallow the driving line Sick. Having to peer into the darkness at Bathurst would be ruined by having an illuminated line showing you where the road and especially the corners are. An unfair advantage possibly?
(It is, I think, to some extent during all championship races - having something to tell you when to turn and brake is a great aid. It's fine for casual stuff or learning the course though.)

Also - How's the on-line visibility problems (if there are any) going to work in time trial mode, where we can't see each other anyway? Will the fastest times we get to see be correct ones I wonder?

Today was the day of the moped rally. I tuned my moped a little last week to keep up, but the bearings didn't like it, so I orderd some new parts which arrived yesterday morning, removed the engine and changed the bearings and seals and got it running last night, unfortunately I must have F&%ED up because I didn't have a clutch, but thought I could go anyway, But as I took the engine apart erlier, I decided to tune a little more, bad idea! Now the carburator is to small for the cylinder, OK then I'll just use my other moped, A chinese scooter, Got out this morning to start it, didn't work, wrenched like hell, didn't work, One hour before start I managed to barrow a Yamaha scooter 125cc, better than nothing and fast without tuning so it worked out, was a fun day and here some links to some videos and stuff! :)

https://www.facebook.com/alf.peter.arne.hansen/videos/10152842842785267/
https://www.facebook.com/alf.peter.arne.hansen/videos/10152842837325267/
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.vikman.10/videos/1762653727294493/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=pcb.912798355437755&type=1&relevant_count=9
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...t=pcb.912747195442871&type=1&relevant_count=7
11224731_1762035890689610_4237203037777792810_n.jpg

I tested the Nissan Bluebird Rally Car on a range of tyres this morning. We will use dirt tyres for the three offroad stages and Comfort Medium tyres for Mount Panorama. They gave plenty of grip and the car was easily controllable. The Mount Panorama time trial will be increased from 15 minutes to 16 minutes to enable people to get 5 laps in on these slower tyres.

My worry with switching off ABS is that it might make the racing too difficult for hand controller users. Perhaps they could try it and comment. We won't be trying it switched off unless there is plenty of warning so that people can practise. We can probably race with it switched off on the LCC Rockets (F2 World Championship Series).

We used to race with the driving line switched off, but I changed the settings to allow it so that our series would be more beginner friendly and also suitable for people who don't have time to learn the tracks. We will switch it off for Mount Panorama - this track should be fairly well known now and was chosen because it is probably the easiest track to drive in the dark - some like the Nordschliefe are virtually impossible at night. Driving line will be available for the dirt tracks - I don't expect anyone to know or have practised those.

Regarding invisible cars - provided the Host can tell that they are in the room, they should record times on the Host's PS3.

the dirt tracks - I don't expect anyone to know or have practised those.
I have had a quick go on the dirt and I'd forgotten how bad the combination of GT6 off road and my G27 is. It rattles and bangs about quite violently! I'm not sure what they are trying to simulate, but it's very unrealistic. I remember my DFGT was similar, must be a PD/Logitech thing.
I had no problems with the Dirt series of off road games, they all felt great.

I might only manage a couple of laps before I have to give my poor wheel (and me) a rest. I tried using the controller. Without much success though.

What's it like on the Thrustmaster Sick?

PS. Thinking about what you said about the Nordschliefe.The visibility of the dark night time races is really dependent on what screen the driver is viewing it on. I'm lucky I have quite a good bright monitor and I quite like the Nordschliefe at night, but on a TV the image may not be so clear.

I have had a quick go on the dirt and I'd forgotten how bad the combination of GT6 off road and my G27 is. It rattles and bangs about quite violently! I'm not sure what they are trying to simulate, but it's very unrealistic. I remember my DFGT was similar, must be a PD/Logitech thing.
I had no problems with the Dirt series of off road games, they all felt great. What's it like on the Thrustmaster Sick?

No problem - feels very realistic. I think there is only a problem with gear driven wheels - the Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels are belt driven.

No problem - feels very realistic. I think there is only a problem with gear driven wheels - the Thrustmaster and Fanatec wheels are belt driven.
Yes you're probably right with the gear driven theory. But I think PD/GT sends the wrong signals to the wheels during the off road races. The switch between feedback on and feedback off is too extreme. Codemasters off road games were very smooth in comparison. I don't suppose it'll be fixed now though.

Not sure if it works, but I might try my old DFGT trick, let it calibrate, unplug it and use it without feedback.

See you Sunday.

I had no problems with the Dirt series of off road games, they all felt great.

I might only manage a couple of laps before I have to give my poor wheel (and me) a rest. I tried using the controller. Without much success though.

You can turn the wheel sensitivity and ffb strength settings down, to get less shaking.

I am afraid I won't be able to race on Sunday because I will be attending my wife's grandmother's funeral.
Is there a way I could set a mark for this event before or after the actual race time tomorrow?

I am afraid I won't be able to race on Sunday because I will be attending my wife's grandmother's funeral.
Is there a way I could set a mark for this event before or after the actual race time tomorrow?

Sorry to hear that sad news - sincere condolences.

I will look into whether we can do something after the event with help / guidance from @IfAndOr .

If not we will drop one score (the lowest score).

Sorry to hear that sad news - sincere condolences.
I second those sentiments @gkgamer

---------------------------------------------------------------

with help / guidance from @IfAndOr
It should be quite easy to do Sick. When are you online next? I'll try and join you - mics on.

You can turn the wheel sensitivity and ffb strength settings down, to get less shaking.
👍
I did have a go at altering these settings and you are correct that it does lessen the shaking a little, but I couldn't alleviate it altogether. I might try a little more experimentation.

Wouldn't it be great if we could save these settings with each car, instead of the current one setting for everything. I find different car and tyre types sometimes benefit from a tweak of the settings. Karts and NASCAR's shouldn't be the same. :)

Well, I can't drive for s**t in the dark, I'll give it my best but... I think that I suffer from some kind of night blindness! Have to try and darken the room more! See you all at the race!

Race Impressions - Round 4 Rally Special Stages

Quite pleased with a turnout of 11 this week - I knew that Flaco and GKgamer couldn't make it.

Disappointed with my own performance on some of the stages - only a few minutes earlier I had managed a time fast enough for second, but that doesn't count - it's what you do in the real event that matters - As Kenny Roberts used to say "When the flag drops the BS stops." At Mount Panorama I just couldn't get a clean lap - the timing was set to enable people to do 5 laps, but I only managed 4.

Eran was in a class of one on the dirt stages - just incredible - like a modern day Bosse Ljungfeldt.

Below Eran Bosse Ljungfeldt in action (Ford Falcon Sprint).

34.jpg

Race results and championship tables to follow

Last edited:
Back