Codemasters and honesty

• Thread starter Feschka
  • 110 comments

Feschka

(Banned)
feschka
Ok this morning I traded a PS3 F1 2011 for an Xbox version and guess what? As I thought, graphics are simply just AWESOME. The difference is ABYSMAL, to say the least.
So, have PS3 users been ripped off by Codemasters? YES, 100% YES.
And, does the word "honesty" mean anything to guys like Andy Gray and Steve Hood? NO. Not in this case for sure.
Glad to give my name and address if you're interested, Andy and Steve, but I guess you're not, true that?

Regards.

Unfortunaly this was the case with F1 2010 and DIRT3 havent played 2011 myself but heard it was worse than both the titles i mentioned.
I guess codemasters must develop their games on either the pc or xbox and then port them over to the ps3.
Still weird tho as the ps3 is clearly more powerful than the 360.

I too bought F1 2011 for PS3 yesterday. Very VERY disappointed.
The game is an absolute horrible looking joke on this platform.

Never again...

Dirt 3 has absolutely amazing graphics on PS3. F12010 graphics was smoother but the content and weather change and a safety car make this game f1 2011 way more enjoyable. I saw thunder on sky in Malaysia , before the rain.. full distance races are always better . I prefer PS3 .

I'm not really that bothered about the PS3 versions graphics, it's all about the gameplay 👍

And, does the word "honesty" mean anything to guys like Andy Gray and Steve Hood? NO. Not in this case for sure.
You do realise that the PS3 and 360 have different hardware, right? The graphics can't be identical across the consoles.

You do realise that the PS3 and 360 have different hardware, right? The graphics can't be identical across the consoles.

Did you play both versions?

Because if you did, believe me, you've lost a golden chance to shut up.

Last edited:

They should have put a "Rough graphics ahead" warning label on the PS3 version.
Right now it just looks like a pretty poster of a Formula One car has been plastered on your screen, while you're playing some 10 year old racing game.

Is it because ps3 uses opengl and xbox/pc use Directx? converting a game from dx to ogl must've taken too much time.

The playstation and the xbox are fundamentally different and even though the ps3 has more power, it is more complicated to develop for.
There are countless examples of this, many cross-platform looks better on the xbox than on the ps3, while a few are the other way around.

While this comparison isn't exactly good news for a guy who just bought the ps3-version, I still wouldn't trade it for an xbox version, simply because the xbox doesn't support my G27.
And I still think that it looks good in the rain on the ps3. Not mind blowing, but good. Much better than GT5 at least.

Did you play both versions?

Because if you did, believe me, you've lost a golden chance to shut up.
Ah, yes. The pointless banter part of the fight. You express outrage, I reply with a logical argument, and you proceed to shoot it down on the basis that I don't agree with you. It's not my responsibility to me you look intelligent by not saying anything when I see a loophole in your argument big enough to drive a Death Star through.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that you think the game will look and behave exactly the same on two entirely different consoles.

In the video posted above, they are too close to call, tho the PS3 fps appears (atleast in the vid) a little shakey.

As per usual, if you have a PC. Use it.

Anyone who'd played both versions knows what I'm talking about. The fact is if I may agree the Xbox F1 2011 is worth 60 euros, I'm 101% sure that the PS3 one is worth 6 euros. I know they couldn't ever skip the PS3 release, of course they had to save their and their employees' ass, but is it right that WE paid for their mistakes? Not sure.

i was about to attack the whining school boys in this thread, but i am now very tempted to buy the steam version to replace ps3 copy.....does anyone have a comparison video? anything?

It is not possible to solve graphics issues on PS3 with patch? Coz actually when a game comes out, its still not yet ready. They had softver update on 21st on the second day from release. I think must wait for a decent patch on PS3 they all know it has graphics issues.

I'm not that bothered by the graphics on the PS3.

Are they good? No.

But is the game itself very enjoyable, yes.

This is my favorite racing game to date.

i was about to attack the whining school boys in this thread, but i am now very tempted to buy the steam version to replace ps3 copy.....does anyone have a comparison video? anything?

Almost all videos on the net are PC and Xbox gameplay, it's understandable they wouldn't show off the PS3 poor and pathetic graphics. Besides, in F1 2010 and Dirt3 you could take game screenshots on the PS3 photographs menu, no such a feature for F1 2011 as far as I know, coincidence tsk-tsk... 👎

That's really the only issue I have with the game's visual presentation. The graphics are around what I would expect from a game that will only display in 720p, and they look decent at a standstill. It's when you get up to speed that the lack of frame rate really shows, obviously.

That's really the only issue I have with the game's visual presentation. The graphics are around what I would expect from a game that will only display in 720p, and they look decent at a standstill. It's when you get up to speed that the lack of frame rate really shows, obviously.

Agreed actual graphics are fine, the game is very fun, they just need to improve the FPS a bit

I actually think the graphics aren't that bad on the PS3. Yes, there's a lack of Anti-Aliasing, but after 1 or 2 hours I got used to it. The framerate didn't annoy me either. It may not be 30 FPS all the time, but as long as the game doesn't stutter or freeze, I'm okay with it.

GT5 looks and performs better (except for the screen-tearing), but F1 2011 is more exciting, in my opinion. I just hope that next year, Codemasters will focus more on improving performance (AA, frame-rate) rather than lighting and reflections.

I'm not that bothered by the graphics on the PS3.

Are they good? No.

But is the game itself very enjoyable, yes.

This is my favorite racing game to date.

^ This.

Graphics are quite important but not everything you need in a good game. I have to concur that the graphics are quite...mediocre on the PS3, at least. Yet, F1 2011 is probably still the most immersive racing game that I ever played.

Back