Codemasters and honesty

• Thread starter Feschka
  • 110 comments
So its official already.. hmm.. I've always thought PS3 is one step forward against Xbox 360. I was wrong. :crazy:

Everybody is complaining about the game on the PS3 but 5 years ago Sony gave us a great game F1 CE (wich I still play over F1 2010 - worse graphics but much more believeble physics and FFB and FPS) and almost nobody bought it making Sony give up on the franshise... so either you buy a Xbox (not a bad idea with FM4 on the way) or you can still get F1 CE cheap (15 - 19 euros new)

I have F1 CE as every other racing game on PS3. I have xbox 360 also bought only for Forza 3. Im not so excited about Forza 4, but I hoping a patch will solve the recent graphics issues in F12011.. I don't wanna go BACK & looking straight forward to the NEW racing games. Must give time to them coz they are on the good way .

I have F1 CE as every other racing game on PS3. I have xbox 360 also bought only for Forza 3. Im not so excited about Forza 4, but I hoping a patch will solve the recent graphics issues in F12011.. I don't wanna go BACK & looking straight forward to the NEW racing games. Must give time to them coz they are on the good way .

So do I and I for F1 racing I still use F1 CE... the career might be worse, the graphics a bit outdated, the oil on the track is really annoying, the fact that you cant save beetwin sessions is a very big fail... but every thing else (IMO what really matters) is much better... including physics, AI comp, FFB, FPS, etc, etc...

Ive read on the official forum that F1 2011 even looks worse than F1 CE (I dont know because I havent picked it up yet) so whats the point.

So do I and I for F1 racing I still use F1 CE... the career might be worse, the graphics a bit outdated, the oil on the track is really annoying, the fact that you cant save beetwin sessions is a very big fail... but every thing else (IMO what really matters) is much better... including physics, AI comp, FFB, FPS, etc, etc...

Ive read on the official forum that F1 2011 even looks worse than F1 CE (I dont know because I havent picked it up yet) so whats the point.
F12011 a MUST have for all F1 fans. Give it a try coz youre a truly fan too. ;)

F1:CE was a fantastic game. The graphics to this day are unmatched, rain is good except for the lack of track reflections, but the detain of the cars, tracks, reflections, were simply amazing. I don't think that even F1 2011 running on a top end PC is better than F1:CE was. Plus the damage system, the bits and pieces that would come off the car was pretty realistic, and the sound, my God, the sound, absolutely no F1 game can match F1:CE's sound detail and accuracy. That game is a real example of the PS3's graphics capabilities, not a multi platform game such as F1 2011.

Use your eyes maybe? (2nd post)
💡👍

That video shows two different weather conditions... Ps3 is light rain, Xbox is heavy rain...

only differences there are the framerates, which have been noted but only sporadically by users...

It's also a question of having the right hardware for many people, like me. I'd have bought it for the 360 but...how do I explain that to my DFGT? I guess the PS3 version is still ok'ish.

Hopefully the change in review score might wake up the Codemasters developers.

The forum representative is still denying that there is a problem. The frame rates do seem to vary depending on the condition and age of your console but there's no denying that the PS3 version is not performing as well as the other platforms.

For me, it's Ok. It's only bad on some tracks and I can live with it.

It's not just the framerate that's the issue, but that can be a pretty big issue. My concern is how rough the graphics look, lots of really low quality blurry textures, VERY bad anti-aliasing meaning that much of the image is full of 'jaggies', e.g. white lines on the track often appear broken and the whole image just looks really bad, more like something I'd expect to see coming from the Wii if I'm perfectly honest.

Truth is my very first impression of the graphics was that it was quite a step back from F1 2010. I don't think the improved handling and physics really has much bearing on the graphics so for some reason they've managed to make this game look quite a bit worse than last year's (although more realistic colours rather than last year's overly filtered look).

I don't think that even F1 2011 running on a top end PC is better than F1:CE was.

Let's not get carried away here. F1CE is amazing looking for the hardware it's running on, and especially so considering when it was made. But F1 2011 on PC with ultra settings is unbelievable. It's a totally different game from what anyone is seeing on the consoles, or even on medium settings on the PC. It's just amazing visually.

That said, it takes a fairly top end computer to run it at 60fps+ at those settings so F1CE is still technically extremely impressive. But F1 2011 on ultra is the best looking racing game I've ever seen.

F1 2011 on the PC is probably the best looking racing game available today, how you can compare it to an outdated PS3 game with bland low res graphics I have no idea.

Has to be a troll.

...the whole image just looks really bad, more like something I'd expect to see coming from the Wii if I'm perfectly honest.

Agree, I first had a time trial in Valencia and immediately I saw how bad the game looked, felt like I was playing PS2 Automodellista, I couldn't believe my eyes!
Now a couple of days with the 360 and I can say graphics are just the big step forward compared to F1 2010, it's just like the Gamespot videoreview, very very nice.

No way, what Codemasters did to PS3 owners is totally unacceptable and even illegal, their developer diaries being deceptive and false advertising. But who's going to sue them for a videogame?

Don't make me laugh Gamespot, 7.5? The right score is 3.5.

No way, what Codemasters did to PS3 owners is totally unacceptable and even illegal, their developer diaries being deceptive and false advertising.

Lol? If you somehow believed that those were videos made with the PS3 version, you're really going to be disappointed with, like, every multi-platform game ever.

Haven't bought it yet. Grids graphics weren't bad and I have to imagine the F1 Grahpics are at least that good. We may be a little (a lot) spoiled by GT5's graphics. To go form HD photo quality where you can make many of the premium cars look REAL to something a lot less it could definitely spoil the fun.

Back