Codemasters and honesty

• Thread starter Feschka
  • 110 comments
I just went around Valencia today and i was shocked at how bad the graphics were. So bad i honestly didnt want to bother playing the game any more.

Codemasters have screwed up big time

I just went around Valencia today and i was shocked at how bad the graphics were. So bad i honestly didnt want to bother playing the game any more.

Codemasters have screwed up big time

Valencia is pretty bad, that's correct...and it's still having FPS issues.

On the bright side: I made a trip to Monaco 2 days ago and haven't had any frame rate issues. That meant a lot to me.

F1 2011 The game graphics for all three platforms are a bit poor. but listen use HDMI +1080p or i + big screen . u will see alot of difference much nicer on ps3. maybe they will come with updates soon.

F1 2011 The game graphics for all three platforms are a bit poor. but listen use HDMI +1080p or i + big screen . u will see alot of difference much nicer on ps3. maybe they will come with updates soon.

You mean for the 360 and PS3, on the PC the graphics are beyond what either of them could do. Yas Marina, on the other hand, has subpar textures for some reason and I'm going to presume it's at least 1.5-2x worse on the consoles. And you should never use 1080i for gaming.

Ever.

PS3 graphics are not all that great, but they are not as terrible as some are making it out to be. I have a PS3, so short of buying new hardware...it's fine.

The graphics look stunning in the wet, just poor in the dry. Maybe the patch they rolled out on release messed things up, who knows

Hopefully theyl manage to patch it because this game is going in the bin if the graphics issues arent fixed soon, Too much of a put off

Last edited:
I have been looking forward to this game for a long time and i did,nt want to believe all that was said about the graphics.but when i got it and first got on track i was completely shocked at the graphics, ive tried to ignore it but now im finding im straining to find braking points cause the aa is so bad.ive now brought it on the pc and its amazing,i know the ps3 will never look like that but when codemasters bring a new game out the last thing iexpected was the graphics to be worse than last years game.unless they can sort a patch i wont be racing on the ps3 im gonna stick to the pc, which is a shame cause theres a great bunch of guys here that race on the ps3.

If you have a decent PC there is simply no reason to buy a game for a console if you can get it for the PC. Even if you discard the massive performance/graphics advantage, the PC versions are cheaper too.

I was debating whether or not to get this game on a previous GTP thread & i've got to say that I made the right decision not to.

I already have F1 2010 , and although there's a couple of minor issues I have with it , they're nothing compared to what i've read here.

I'm also starting to think that Codies just release rendered PC screenshots to the media , so that we'll all go " Wow !! " every year & just buy it for our chosen favourite hardware , blindly believing that it will be the same.

I'll stick to F1 2010 & GT5 until they can be bothered to actually make a decent representation of my favourite sport.

Thumbs down Codies , you fail hard.

👎

When a game is unplayable on certain tracks because of bad graphics, its not only a failure..but an epic failure

...so how do bad graphics keep you from playing the game? That's like saying the ugly interior of your Ferrari keeps you from driving it.

...so how do bad graphics keep you from playing the game? That's like saying the ugly interior of your Ferrari keeps you from driving it.

That's not a good comparison at all.
The interior of a car would not make you miss your braking point......

👍

That's not a good comparison at all.
The interior of a car would not make you miss your braking point......

👍

I can still read the distance signs on the side of the track...so if you can't, hit up your local optician. :D

I can still read the distance signs on the side of the track...so if you can't, hit up your local optician. :D

I don't have the game lol , and of that i'm glad. :sly:
Opticians are awesome !
Can I offer you a free bar of soap ?

:lol:;)

I was debating whether or not to get this game on a previous GTP thread & i've got to say that I made the right decision not to.

I already have F1 2010 , and although there's a couple of minor issues I have with it , they're nothing compared to what i've read here.

I'm also starting to think that Codies just release rendered PC screenshots to the media , so that we'll all go " Wow !! " every year & just buy it for our chosen favourite hardware , blindly believing that it will be the same.

I'll stick to F1 2010 & GT5 until they can be bothered to actually make a decent representation of my favourite sport.

Thumbs down Codies , you fail hard.

👎

Actually, it's the PS3 that fails in regards to how subpar the visuals look in comparison to the 360 (why the comparison even includes the PC version is beyond me). Codemasters essentially did what any developer on a short development schedule would do, and that is to float toward the better platform that allows you to do more with little compromise.

The PS3, most notably it's GPU doesn't permit them the same amount of headroom as the 360 (or for the sake of the comparison video, the PC). The only possible solution is to essentially develop F1 2012 for the 360 as one game exclusive to the 360, and then to develop F1 2012 for the PS3 as one game exclusive to the PS3; do you see what I'm doing here?

The only possible solution is to essentially develop F1 2012 for the 360 as one game exclusive to the 360, and then to develop F1 2012 for the PS3 as one game exclusive to the PS3; do you see what I'm doing here?

What you're doing?

You're causing a heart-attack to their VP of finances.

Actually, it's the PS3 that fails in regards to how subpar the visuals look in comparison to the 360 (why the comparison even includes the PC version is beyond me). Codemasters essentially did what any developer on a short development schedule would do, and that is to float toward the better platform that allows you to do more with little compromise.

The PS3, most notably it's GPU doesn't permit them the same amount of headroom as the 360 (or for the sake of the comparison video, the PC). The only possible solution is to essentially develop F1 2012 for the 360 as one game exclusive to the 360, and then to develop F1 2012 for the PS3 as one game exclusive to the PS3; do you see what I'm doing here?

I agree , indeed they should. Has this game , in your opinion , been developed for 1 machine and somehow ported to the other 2 perhaps?

Comparing the PC versions, even though it is essencially the same game it is a massive upgrade over F1 2010 in general. The driving/physics model feels much better now, especially.

Bugs wise, its much better than F1 2010 was at launch, and even to this day F1 2010 has bugs that annoy me much more than anything in F1 2011.

What you're doing?

You're causing a heart-attack to their VP of finances.

That's the only feasible way to prevent them from essentially porting resources from a GUI the game is already optimized for; have one team developing only the 360 version and another developing only the PS3 version.

The PS3's strength, when it comes to graphic awesomeness is nVidia's Cg coding language, but unless it's used properly...that's what you end up with. Even if it used properly you can still end up with such shortcomings like GT5 for example because the G70 in the PS3 simply doesn't have enough horsepower.

I agree , indeed they should. Has this game , in your opinion , been developed for 1 machine and somehow ported to the other 2 perhaps?

If they did what I think they did: then yes and no. Yes, as in they did essentially develop around one GUI. No, as in the only actual "port" was that to the PS3.

The 360 has more of an advantage when it comes to multi-plat games than most people know of, or even care to acknowledge.

Well Dirt 3 looks great on the PS3 and the EGO engine was developed by CM and Sony so I really cant understand what happened here... not even in terms of sales figures because while the xbox version topped the PS3 on the first ten weeks by 52% - 48% - in one year time the PS3 version of 2010 sold the total of aprox 1.1 million against 0.75 million (xbox) and Im not even going to get into the PC sales...

So what the :yuck: are they thinking? need more time? codding is more complex? hire more people... simple as that.

But then again if you want to talk about honesty... Ill be honest... I rather have smoth frame rates and decent physics & handling than photoreal graphics... Im no graphic junkie... for those that are, well lets be honest and buy a PC... I havent got the game yet but if that was the compromise CM did than Ill say they were pretty damn honest in my book...

Back