Codemasters to Reveal Rebranded F1 22 on April 21

• Thread starter Famine
  • 99 comments
Another one... I never seem to finish the previous one before the next one comes out. In the past, the versions were so alike they could almost be considered seasonal DLC so I always felt ripped off having to pay premium price each year. At least with this version they had to design new car models. Can't wait to see how they implement porpoising into the game.

Would be nice if all the buttons on the G923 could be mapped and actually used, not holding my breath though.

If that's not included I may skip it and just wait for it to release on Gamepass as they normally do.

When they finally rework the game engine I will bite, not expecting them to do anything but milk the old engine again this year with a new lick of paint... oooh and now with added porpoising froth!

I don't get the appeal of a single race series videogame if it's NOT a proper simulation. Assetto Corsa Competizione should be the benchmark. They've been doing the same old song and dance with the engine and physics for years

I don't get the appeal of a single race series videogame if it's NOT a proper simulation. Assetto Corsa Competizione should be the benchmark. They've been doing the same old song and dance with the engine and physics for years
ACC is good, but it absolutely should not be the benchmark for a mainstream, and highly popular, Motorsport franchise. It would alienate an enormous part of the player base for F1 games. Sales would be hurt, the next game would need to he a repair job, faith lost from the mainstream, series goes down the pan.
I'm assuming Russia has been dropped along with Mazespin?
As they aren't part of the 2022 season then yes your assumption is probably correct.

You know how pretty much every sports game on console/PC (well, at least the mainstream ones like FIFA, Madden, 2K, and The Show) are supposed to make anybody feel like they’re a pro athlete so they can sell the games to millions of people every year? That’s what the F1 games have been from the start, and that’s not going to change.

Last edited:
If the rumors are true they will finally have VR support. Hopefully a PSVR2 patch is in the works for whenever that releases

I'm excited and scared at the same time. Now this will be more EA influenced than Codemasters this time around. I'm worried about what we might find once the game is released. Fingers crossed EA won't heavily MT this thing into the stratosphere or completely ruin anything that Codemasters had done to make the F1 games fun and enjoyable for all. I'm all for change so long as it's an improvement over 2021 and not a step or two backwards. Sure would love Classic cars, Drivers, tracks. But very unlikely. Maybe with EA one day we could get DLC purchases or free updates. Who knows time will tell where this F1 franchise will go with EA at the helm.

Last edited:
F1 is about as serious a simulation as anyone would want to put in a game directed towards a casual audience. It's not ACC, but it's probably a better sim than GT and FM. Add in that an F1 car is substantially more difficult to drive than a GT3 or GT4 car, and there's sensible reasons why the game is the way it is. They want to sell copies to people and for them to have fun playing it.

It is first and foremost a game.

I'm excited and scared at the same time. Now this will be more EA influenced than Codemasters this time around. I'm worried about what we might find once the game is released. Fingers crossed EA won't heavily MT this thing into the stratosphere or completely ruin anything that Codemasters had done to make the F1 games fun and enjoyable for all. I'm all for change so long as it's an improvement over 2021 and not a step or two backwards. Sure would love Classic cars, Drivers, tracks. But very unlikely. Maybe with EA one day we could get DLC purchases or free updates. Who knows time will tell where this F1 franchise will go with EA at the helm.
There's absolutely no evidence to suggest this game will have more EA influence than past games. It's still being developed by Codemasters and aside from a light rebrand, there is no reason to suggest it will structure any different to the already existing MTX/mild battle pass system Codemasters already had in place.

Have F1 2019 and tried it once with my G29 on PC before finding out that there was literally no resistance on the wheel once in the car. Don't know if that's normal, but it happened the instant I was in-game and out of the menus. Did about ten laps then never opened it again. Can't say I'd be hopeful for this to be 'fixed' for me.

The rumour is they have been dropped because EA wanted to add supercars instead. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Filmsy excuse. There are no limits on what cars/contents to be added in a game. Why not just add both supercars (as useless as it sounds) and classic cars.

This one's developer pulling it but I don't get the obsession of the playerbase to make a petition to remove a feature they don't like in favor of something they like in the game.

Last edited:
Filmsy excuse. There are no limits on what cars/contents to be added in a game. Why not just add both supercars (as useless as it sounds) and classic cars.
It's specifically an F1 game. Of course there are limits on what cars and content is added.

I would very much expect them to limit the amount of content that isn't directly relevant to the current F1 season as that's the primary purpose for the game existing. Remember, this is just another way for Liberty Media to advertise their product and it just so happens that Codies happens to also turn that into a pretty decent game. The day the game comes with F2, F3, supercars, Porsche Cup cars, Formula Fords and classic F1 cars is when it stops being an F1 game and starts being a generic driving game that happens to include F1 content.

That'd be a great game that I'd buy the hell out of, but it's unlikely to meet the requirements of the rights holder who wants their product front and centre.

This one's developer pulling it but I don't get the obsession of the playerbase to make a petition to remove a feature they don't like in favor of something they like in the game.
I wouldn't hope for too much from Codemasters, they don't usually 'finish' the game until half a year after release and even then I would be surprised if they had every circuit. It's still an improvement over their world rallycross games though where after 4 attempts they've still failed to get some of the championship contending cars in.

Milestone are presumably working on a smaller budget yet manage to get a MotoGP game out with all 4 support classes and a load of classic bikes every year, in terms of content that should be the benchmark.

Back