Codemasters to Reveal Rebranded F1 22 on April 21

• Thread starter Famine
  • 99 comments
I'm not sure how good this is going to be, but i've played F1 from since even before the F1 2000s ! Getting this simply because it has VR support. If anyone's interested in adding me to get some fun and clean racing, (and some help for me with set up tips) please do so and pm me ! Steam id is LysilVR or Origin same as psn

Last edited:
Has F1 22 been built on a new engine ? 21 is a last gen game optimized for series x and ps5. New hardware for 18 months now, surely its time the games were made for latest hardware

Has F1 22 been built on a new engine ? 21 is a last gen game optimized for series x and ps5. New hardware for 18 months now, surely its time the games were made for latest hardware
Sadly not going by the screenshots revealed for F1 22 last week, looks to be exactly the same as last years visuals but with the updated cars and driver lineups.

Looks like they’re planning on using Unreal Engine for their upcoming WRC Rally titles (based on a job advert they posted recently), so maybe they plan to migrate to a new engine for F1 too later down the line, but it’s anyones guess.

I agree though, I do wish we could be seeing some more substantial visual uplifts with these games but I guess with the chip shortages and people still struggling to get hold of the new consoles it means most developers aren’t too keen to abandon the older hardware just yet.

Last edited:
Standard Edition cover:

1651592270112.png

Champions Edition cover:

1651592241301.png

What's up with Alonso looking like his soul is being whisked away?

These are place holders, right? Right? Because they both look bad, but the standard one looks much worse.

I wonder if these things are going to be like driving a slightly faster F2 car? Because maneuverability especially in slow turns is one thing I struggle with in F2.

Kunos don't have a big enough team to develop two games, sadly.
Certainly but they could just make it and work on it for a couple years and be done with it, not sure if you thought I mean Kunos making a sim and non sim version? Of course they could just try getting the licence for a handful of older F1 cars from the same season. Kunos said they actually enquired about getting the F1 licence but the stipulation was they had to make a yearly release, which for reasons you stated wasnt feasible.

Latest Posts

Back