Collection of photos from GT5 and Forza 4.

• Thread starter RedSuinit
  • 130 comments

RedSuinit

MR2 = Addiction
Premium
RedSuinit
I would like to say this first off: THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE A COMPARISON THREAD. I realize some of that WILL happen, I'm not stupid, or naive. I know that comparing the graphics of the two games will happen. DO NOT SPAM WITH STANDARD CAR PHOTOS. We all know they look half-baked, and last gen. That is not what this thread is for, if someone bashes some of the Forza graphics don't go "OH YEAH?! BAM! How do you like that purposefully terrible looking shot of a standard car!" and vice verse.

Other than that, lets celebrate the awesome graphics of both games with a collection of some of the best photos from both games! :)

I'll go ahead and start off with some of my most favorite shots.

wk1wv.jpg

click

click

click

click

aventador10.jpg

aventador2.jpg

MdwQ8.jpg

4702.jpg

contiss-1bse76u.png

6251856296_77b0a45fdd_z.jpg

realism1post.jpg

6249350047_9afa303fc5_b.jpg

Honestly this belongs in photomode forum.

I figured it would be better suited here since it is supposed to be a photo collection and comparison thread between both games. Though I do want the comparison to be secondary.

I really like both those sunset shots from GT. I like the Mines Skyline as well but it looks a bit odd, a little to much editing maybe? Are they yours? or just random snaps from forums?

Please do not post rediculous GT5 shots. Those shots cannot be made possible in Forza.

GT5's photomode is more complex than FM4's that is all I have to say. Do not start a war.

I don't have my GT5 anymore since I sold it. I will be posting my photo's versus other people's photo's.

I will leave this here.

6721164407_1aba947ebe_z.jpg

Photo credit to Demetrius 81 of Forzamotorsport.net

Please do not post rediculous GT5 shots. Those shots cannot be made possible in Forza.

GT5's photomode is more complex than FM4's that is all I have to say. Do not start a war.

I don't have my GT5 anymore since I sold it. I will be posting my photo's versus other people's photo's.

I will leave this here.

6721164407_1aba947ebe_z.jpg

Photo credit to Demetrius 81 of Forzamotorsport.net

If you want to do some aftermarket editing go for it. I will be posting some of the photoshopped stuff from GTPlanet, because some of it is just little touch ups. Moglets FM4 photos almost all have a TINY bit done to them, but they just look so fantastic, and really make the game shine. Like I said it is a comparison thread, but even more than that it's a thread to see the absolute BEST of both games.

I really like both those sunset shots from GT. I like the Mines Skyline as well but it looks a bit odd, a little to much editing maybe? Are they yours? or just random snaps from forums?
None of those are mine, but I will be posting some of my own shots from both GT and Forza.

Yeah, one of my pictures made it in :lol:

Anyways, here are some of my shots:

5415821021_247f345065_b.jpg

5399072323_742891e6da_b.jpg

5421509613_8412ee58fb_b.jpg

6250067646_732a6a6e54_z.jpg

6269573696_1b543e3b2c_z.jpg

6571286859_2e91e3bcee_z.jpg

I always found it pretty easy to take very realistic looking pictures in GT5, if four conditions were met:
  • All cars in the picture are premium cars
  • No flickering shadows are showing up
  • You are on a "premium track"
  • No smoke's piexelating your car
As for Forza, I find it harder to get the pictures to look very realistic, but there's only one condition to be met:
  • Make sure the driver isn't lit in an awkward way
The shots I got out of GT5 probably look better than what I got out of FM4, with the little bit of editing I'm usually doing. On the other hand, I can get decent pirctures out of FM4 far more often and far more consistently then I could in GT5.

As far as pure picture quality goes, GT5 wins, for me. I guess I've said so many times before, and I stand by it. However, I find Forza to be easier to work with and more consistent, even when it comes to pictures. Also, I'd say that FM4's pictures are closer to what you actually see in motion, compared to GT5.

Some of my GT5 shots from way back when. I think all of my gt5 shots were edited somewhat, i dont really remember though its been a long time. Looking at these made me realize how much i miss that game.

diahatsu_copenpt2_by_paragonx-d3hznz3.jpg

diahatsu_copenpt3_by_paragonx-d3hzo06.jpg

aem_s2000pt4_by_paragonx-d3htxer.jpg

aem_s2000pt2_by_paragonx-d3htxcm.jpg

5757357770_ec8cf5940a_b.jpg

acura_nsx_91pt5_by_paragonx-d3haw57.jpg

5728251793_f173e504cd_b.jpg

5728805168_406952ce11_b.jpg

5723643366_e82685816f_b.jpg

5705243443_6fdc23ce9a_b.jpg

Great pictures, ImaRobot. Stuff like that reminds me exactly why I think that GT5 really shines when it comes to the photo mode. Because it makes it so easy to just avoid all the grievances that you're noticing while actually playing the game.

Great pictures, ImaRobot. Stuff like that reminds me exactly why I think that GT5 really shines when it comes to the photo mode. Because it makes it so easy to just avoid all the grievances that you're noticing while actually playing the game.
I think the last few months of me having the game, i hardly even raced because i kinda got over it. It was fun and exciting at first, but once i got more into it just wasnt really holding my attention anymore. Most of my time was spent in photomode before i sold it.

Am I the only one that thinks post-game edited shots kind of ruin the point of the whole topic?

I just don't think you can tell anything when the shot has had any imperfection removed.

I think the last few months of me having the game, i hardly even raced because i kinda got over it. It was fun and exciting at first, but once i got more into it just wasnt really holding my attention anymore. Most of my time was spent in photomode before i sold it.
Yeah, same here. It was exactly like that for me, too.
Am I the only one that thinks post-game edited shots kind of ruin the point of the whole topic?

I just don't think you can tell anything when the shot has had any imperfection removed.
Meh, the photo mode pictures aren't really indicating what the games look like in motion, so I kinda think it is a bit of a moot point, isn't it?

I still keep checking this to see if its a real pic with forza watermark and i'll look like a right turnip...but its defo from forza.....got to admit. its stunning...

6724037061_ca3c11f9e9_z.jpg

6728455683_078fb81597_z.jpg

Well im glad this thread happened as im now going to stop "working" (read as, sat at desk meant to be designing stuff but actually looking at pics from forza...) and go see if i can get my pics looking as good as some of the ones i found on forza in 10 mins....

some folks should of paid a bit more respect to the Forza communities creative abilities...not seen any GT5 stuff that truly blown me away yet....

6509180171_a138833f1c_z.jpg

Yourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, not singing any-moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

6363467685_e43d6ff146_z.jpg

To quote Jeremy Clarkson: "We have so much to learn."

Some great and inspiring shots, gotta work harder to get my photos look like some of these! I feel like a total noob now :lol:

Oh, and artboy76, I don't mean to be offensive, but you'd be better off using the edit button. The staff's not gonna be pleased with tripple posts ;)

To quote Jeremy Clarkson: "We have so much to learn."

Some great and inspiring shots, gotta work harder to get my photos look like some of these! I feel like a total noob now :lol:

Oh, and artboy76, I don't mean to be offensive, but you'd be better off using the edit button. The staff's not gonna be pleased with tripple posts ;)

Yep - My shots are not even close to the standard being shown here, but in the spirit of things here are my current 'best' from each.

Oh - and yes an end to the multiple posts would be appreciated, its a pain to have to keep tidying them up.

Ta

Scaff

I still keep checking this to see if its a real pic with forza watermark and i'll look like a right turnip...but its defo from forza.....got to admit. its stunning...

6724037061_ca3c11f9e9_z.jpg

I'm in love with this picture. Incredible. 👍

Back