Collection of photos from GT5 and Forza 4.

• Thread starter RedSuinit
  • 130 comments
Great thread, I tried to start a similar one in GT5. It does highlight how much better photomode is in GT5 while at the same time shining a light on the almost primitive look that some of GT5'S cars have. Hopefully both games will close their respective gaps. :)

Probably not going to be as good as yours Phillkilv2 but i wanted to post mine anyways. That R35 set is amazing

6734223785_1084f87d1d_b.jpg

6734222559_7faa0fa9f4_b.jpg

I think you do FM a bit of a disservice with that shot. Let me start by saying even compared to my shots the GT5 shot still looks better imo. I also want to say that I am not a very good photographer, this is actually the first time I have put any thought or effort into a photomode in any game, so I'm sure more talented people could get even better results. With that being said here are a few pics to show FM4 in, what I think is, a better light. I tried to take the exact same photo as you and then realised the light source is much more from behind in your shot so tried to take some with a similar light source position as well. I also tried to get a better match for the paint a couple of times. Would be very interested in your thoughts and anybody elses.

lfaringbsup1.jpg

lfaringup1.png

lfaringbs2up.jpg

Oh and just for a bit of fun a cropped version of one of the bigshot images which I think looks great.

lfaringbscrop.png

I did what you did slim, and also found out that the lighting angle was to different to try to produce the same shot at the same location. When at the same spot that the GT5 pic was taken, the sunlight is coming from the almost exact right of the car, so it made my pic a bit dark, and in turn darkened the color i tried using.

I think you do FM a bit of a disservice with that shot. Let me start by saying even compared to my shots the GT5 shot still looks better imo. I also want to say that I am not a very good photographer, this is actually the first time I have put any thought or effort into a photomode in any game, so I'm sure more talented people could get even better results. With that being said here are a few pics to show FM4 in, what I think is, a better light. I tried to take the exact same photo as you and then realised the light source is much more from behind in your shot so tried to take some with a similar light source position as well. I also tried to get a better match for the paint a couple of times. Would be very interested in your thoughts and anybody elses.

Oh, none of the shots I have posted are mine (yet) I have been taking quite a few shots though, but I am waiting for a new flash drive to arrive from amazon, mine kicked the bucket. Everything I have posted are photos that I have found.

I think you do FM a bit of a disservice with that shot.

I was thinking the same thing. I know when I used to mess with GT5 I tried to reproduce that shot and couldn't get it like that to save my life. Then I look at the FM shot and it's like the guy who took that didn't even try. Infact, to be honest, it looked like whoever took that went out their way to make it look sorry. lol

Well I was taking a couple of "spy photos" of some cars I'm getting ready for my next WTCC series. Figure I share some of them. Again, I'm not a photographer by any means. I like to think I am until I look at some of these pics people put up and the reality sets in and HARD. But here's a few I took:

6753622943_32ba1bfb44_b.jpg

6753622837_ea91c9b9ae_b.jpg

6753622897_fbc516a02f_b.jpg

6753623007_5955de72e5_b.jpg

Here are some of my Forza shots, from my flickr. I'm no photographer by any means, but I just point and shoot and attempt to set the sliders to create what I feel is an alright shot. I can't upload any shots from either GT5 or Forza for right now, as I'm away from home and decided to leave my consoles home. :(
6510046059_48feeabf18_b.jpg

6510046361_cb0456ed72_b.jpg

6510046809_b56b54f54c_b.jpg

6510046917_a337a45453_b.jpg

6510047023_ec6ff843ae_b.jpg

6510047663_746ef117fd_b.jpg

6510047849_be29afba35_b.jpg

6635429659_3eed56232f_b.jpg

Interesting shot. is the black shadow added in through photoshop? Just wondering because you have the shadow of the car, with no light hitting it.

None of my photos are photoshopped. Some are just point and click, others I might mess with the brightness, color and stuff a little bit.

The shadow being there is hard to explain. There's a hole in the roof where that was taken and there's openings on the side walls also. I think the roof sun overpowers the side stuff yet there's enough to cast that shadow. From the best of my memory. As you can see the car's shadow is nowhere near as dark as the the other shadows. Even though there seems to be no light sources in the dark area actually I think there are some openings.

MomoMR2.jpg

A few photos of my Momo MR2. (I have one more, but I can't upload it yet)

Is there a site where I can post these without having them get really compresses? Photobucket is compressing the crap out of these photos.

Update your Photobucket settings to allow files over 1mb and compression goes away. At least it did for me.

A quick teaser from the next set for my gallery, really pleased with the way this one came out, particularly as the colour saturation, glare, etc. all look quite natural.

Scaff

Straight out of FM4, resizing courtesy of Flickr:

6760593723_4a5ec70ed8_z.jpg

Edited version and other stuff will be on my gallery in a few minutes.

Figured I would hop in and post some of my favourites that I've done in both games.

GT5

Forza 4

That looks like a toy car on a fake model track....not sure if its meant to, but its no realistic shot, unless your going for toy town effect....

Actually, that is exactly what I was going for, lol. I'm glad someone saw it. :P That's the reason why I made the trees and the track close to the camera so out of focus. It gives it the feel that everything is really small, and the camera is focusing on a very small object. Is it good though?

Actually, that is exactly what I was going for, lol. I'm glad someone saw it. :P That's the reason why I made the trees and the track close to the camera so out of focus. It gives it the feel that everything is really small, and the camera is focusing on a very small object. Is it good though?
Well, it does what it's supposed to do :D I think there's a filter in GT5 that does that exact same thing, Miniature or whatever it's called. Personally, I don't like that style of photography a lot, neither in real life, nor in a game, but that's a personal thing ;)

Certainly a good shot, reminds me of shift/tift work.

Scaff

Well, it does what it's supposed to do :D I think there's a filter in GT5 that does that exact same thing, Miniature or whatever it's called. Personally, I don't like that style of photography a lot, neither in real life, nor in a game, but that's a personal thing ;)

Yeah, it does. But I feel like this does a better job of getting that feel without over exaggerating it.

6761908005_242be39308_b.jpg

There we go, took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to attach this from flikr, lol. Another shot of the MR2, I like this one a lot. I think I am going to spend today just taking a bunch of photos, but I'm not going to do anymore bigshots, those take FOREVER. Both of the one I posted of the MR2 were bigshots, that is the reason why I only got two.

Well its good then :D

Decided to take a E30 M3 to the Bernese Alps, and I feel like I got some good shots.

6762942441_c1590463df_b.jpg

6762856095_c44c7b48dd_b.jpg

6762856625_4c55bc9545_b.jpg

6762940545_c851f04273_b.jpg

6762941055_56c058822b_b.jpg

6762853731_05186039d8_b.jpg

6762854171_d9926a11ca_b.jpg

6762854755_0b564f8471_b.jpg

6762855367_8baa168700_b.jpg

I've really gotten into a photomode kick today. :P I'd appreciate any feedback!

Back