College Basketball 2011-2012

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 196 comments
I learned that Delaware lost in the Women's tourney long ago, so the possibility of a Baylor/Delaware match is long done.

Tomorrow begins the Sweet Sixteen for the men. This weekend will determine which four teams will play in New Orleans for national pride. Who'll cash in and go to the Big Easy? We shall see. It will probably already be time to think of the National Champions in NCAA Divisions 2 and 3 soon enough (if they haven't already determined the men's and women's champs in those divisions). Also, don't forget the NIT is still ongoing.

Lot of college hoops still left. We ain't done yet!

What do you mean ALMOST? It was 57-44 as #4 Louisville took down the #1 Michigan State Spartans. DOWN GOES SPARTY! You probably meant to mention the Syracuse/Wisconsin game as an near-miss. The 'Cuse got it done- 64-63.

It's 30-22 right now in favor of #2 Ohio State over #6 Cincinnati in the battle for Buckeye State pride with 2:28 left in the 1st Half. And it's currently 9-4, #3 Marquette over #7 Florida. This game essentially just started.

Last edited:
Anyone catch the Kentucky-Indiana game? That was fun to watch. Final score 102-90! Kentucky putting up NBA points.

They had a defensive breakdown in the first half when Anthony Davis got into foul trouble, so they just stepped it up on offense until they could get Davis back on the floor in the second half.

I have questioned Calipari's one and done strategy, but for the first time since he started it I see what I believe are the signs of a championship team. If any one guy has trouble the others step up to cover his loss.

I will not speculate on a Final Four game vs Florida or Louisville yet, so don't ask. We still have an Elite Eight game against Baylor.

Men's Elite Eight blabber...

* #1 SYRACUSE IS DONE! They lost 77-70 as #2 Ohio State will be one of the Final Four contenders. Their Final Four match will be against (the North Carolina/Kansas winner).

* Louisville is going to the Final Four with a 72-68 victory over Florida. Billy Donovan is now 0-7 all-time against Rick Pitino. Louisville will meet (the Kentucky/Baylor winner) in New Orleans. Kentucky vs. Louisville would be the FoolKiller special.

Welcome to New Orleans and the Men's Final Four, Louisville and Ohio State!

In the Women's game, #2 Tennessee won their match against #11 Kansas 84-73. #1 Baylor won 83-68 over #4 Georgia Tech. The big highlight was Brittney Griner dunking the basketball as the crowd in Des Moines went nuts. She had a two-handed, rim-hanging dunk. It was CRAZY! Elsewhere... #3 St. John's had to return to Jamaica, NY after being 86ed by #2 Duke with a 74-47 rout. #5 South Carolina vs. #1 Stanford is on deck to be played in Fresno, CA as of this post.

Fear not, mate. Today in the Men's tournament: Baylor vs. Kentucky and North Carolina vs. Kansas.

With schools like UK, UNC, and Kansas; Baylor seems almost out of place considering how many National Championships these three schools have compared to Baylor. Two teams are going to New Orleans to play next weekend. Two... will not. WIN OR GO HOME!

That a way Kansas! Loving that Carolina loss, and I now have 3 out of the Final Four correct! Pretty good, no?

Well, your men's Final Four is set:

* Kentucky vs. Louisville
* Ohio State vs. Kansas

Good luck to all four teams once play starts next Saturday.

Now I will say it.

There will be a trail of red tears leading from New Orleans to Kentucky next weekend, and Bourbon Street will be flooded by Big Blue Nation.

True bourbon is only made in Kentucky, and the Kentucky Bourbon Trail surrounds Lexington, KY. New Orleans is famous for Bourbon Street. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

423279_10150654824114581_57835779580_9077892_241989068_n.jpg

Did you poop yourself out of fear a little bit when Davis went down? I know I would've, knowing our chances relied heavily on him.

CAM
Did you poop yourself out of fear a little bit when Davis went down? I know I would've, knowing our chances relied heavily on him.

Until they showed the replay, yes. Then I saw it was just a bumped knee. The announcers kept saying it buckled when he landed but I knew that if I hit my knee like that I let it buckle too until I know it is fine. I was probably more optimistic than I should have been, but I didn't think what I saw was enough to end his game or career.

The rolling looked bad, but I'm relieved he's okay. I got Kentucky going all the way, and I get extra credit if I win the class bracket. The best part was after the game:

Announcer: What happened right after that knee knock, Anthony?

Davis: Well, it hurted, but it was good that I was able to get back out and play alright.

I sure hope he didn't need help passing the SAT, I'm sick of Calipari's hop from place to place after vacated Final Fours.

The Women's Final Four is all set in Denver with the action this Sunday. All of the #1 seeds from this year's tournament advanced. Here are the alignments:

* Connecticut vs. Notre Dame
* Baylor vs. Stanford

Again- the women's action begins Sunday as a National Champion will be crowned up in Denver. It's safe to say the National Champion will be the team who is miles high above the competition. Who will that team be? One guarantee is that there will be a Big East team in the final game. That's as much of a guarantee as there is a guaranteed team from the state of Kentucky who'll play for the Men's National Championship with the Kentucky/Louisville game.

Speaking of the University of Kentucky... annoying anniversaries are things I am sometimes used to, like the constant reminding of the University of Houston (Phi Slamma Jamma days) beating beaten by North Carolina State for the 1983 National Championship. Especially in the case of our own FoolKiller, today marks the 20th Anniversary of the Duke vs. Kentucky game in 1992 when Duke bounced Kentucky from the tournament on a clutch final shot from C. Laettner.

On Thursday, it will be #6 Minnesota vs. #3 Stanford for the NIT Championship. Best of luck to both teams and congratulations to the NIT champion.

Here, here, John...

FoolKiller isn't the only one who bleeds blue around here! :D

Here, here, John...

FoolKiller isn't the only one who bleeds blue around here! :D

I can't discuss the Duke game on GTPlanet this time of year. I'd get banned.

You, however, could break your own rules. Let the blue rage fly!

I have my gamed watching plans set for tomorrow. Abandoning the family and partying down with all my Louisville friends. It should make for an interesting night.

Time to determine a champion. This weekend marks the Final Four for both the men and the women of NCAA Division 1. The men's action takes place in New Orleans while the women will do battle in Denver.

Win or go home! If you lose here, you'll have to settle for the Third Place game. Who'll remember 3rd Place? Play to play for a National Championship. Best of luck to all teams remaining!

FoolKiller
I can't discuss the Duke game on GTPlanet this time of year. I'd get banned.

You, however, could break your own rules. Let the blue rage fly!

I have my gamed watching plans set for tomorrow. Abandoning the family and partying down with all my Louisville friends. It should make for an interesting night.
Haha, no, I have an example to set here! :P

I've made the trip down here to New Orleans, just got to find some tickets. There are UK fans everywhere, the atmosphere is just awesome. :D

Haha, no, I have an example to set here! :P

I've made the trip down here to New Orleans, just got to find some tickets. There are UK fans everywhere, the atmosphere is just awesome. :D
I hope you found tickets for tonight. If not find the Ohio State or Louisville fans getting ready to go home.

Anyway, our championship game will be Kentucky vs Kansas.

GO CATS!!!!!

If UK loses, don't feel too bad. You still have the olympics.

Also, Anthony Davis... damn he ugly.

1310572645805.jpg

First time I've ever gotten both teams in the championship game correct.

That would be my cue for an eyebrow waxing if I were him.

My favorite was the "I don't always surf the 'Net, but when I do, eyebrows" picture, personally.

I think when you have official merchandise mentioning the brow he has embraced it as a trademark image.

It's Kentucky vs. Kansas on Monday night for the National Championship. Ohio State and Louisville will have to settle for the Third Place Game (let them have at it). It's either Kentucky blue or Kansas blue that will win the National Championship for this season.

I want to send a special shoutout to Oklahoma State. They won the Women's NIT in emotional fashion against James Madison. The Cowgirls had that horrible moment earlier this school year when people from OK State were killed in a plane crash. I didn't get the score, but Oklahoma State took down the Lady Dukes of James Madison to win the Women's NIT.

Tonight is the women's Final Four in Denver: Connecticut vs. Notre Dame and Baylor vs. Stanford.

Last edited:
Back