College Basketball 2011-2012

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 196 comments
Kentucky. Kansas. Tonight's the night! One of these two universities will leave with the National Championship, and the other will have to try again next season. No matter which one you pull for, I want both teams to play hard, have fun, and be safe.

The #1 Kentucky vs. #2 Kansas match is tonight, but tomorrow night is the Women's Championship between Notre Dame and Baylor. It was 83-75 in Overtime as Notre Dame took down Connecticut. Baylor took down Stanford 59-47. The Women's National Championship will be determined tomorrow night.

Tonight, though... it's UK and KU. Some cats and some birds playing for a National Championship. We'll see who will leave New Orleans with some hardware.

And now you can only think about Kentucky Basketball

judd.jpg

6_352730.jpg

CAM
Is that the miscellaneous Judd sister? I can't keep up.

If having a current prime time spy thriller TV show on NBC, starring in multiple hit movies, and being married to Dario Franchitti makes you miscellaneous, then I guess Ashley Judd is the miscellaneous Judd sister.

That's the Franchitti one? I didn't recognize her. But excuse me, I don't watch TV, apart from a number of shows I can count on my hands, and my taste in movies is limited :lol:. But yes, I believe I saw her talking on ESPN during a UK game, so at least I knew that much.

She is also Kentucky's biggest fan. She almost never misses a home game.

EDIT: CBS, your camera on a wire is annoying as hell in basketball.

Last edited:
Congrats, Steve and Jordan! I was hoping UK would blow KU out of the water to save you the stress, FK. :lol:

67-59; Kentucky cashes in their 8th National Championship. Also... 38 wins for the Kentucky Wildcats to close out this season. No Men's National Champion has ever won more than 37 games (including NCAA Tourney wins) until UK's 2011-2012 season run. I'm sure even Adolph Rupp would be smiling and proud at this season's Kentucky team. All congratulations to the Kentucky Wildcats on an amazing season. Next season- some 330+ schools want what you just won. So be ready come November, boys!

Now, Kentucky fans will have PLENTY of reason to brag. So have at it.

Tomorrow night- Notre Dame vs. Baylor for the Women's National Championship. Can the girls from Notre Dame stop B. Griner and the Lady Bears? Or will the Lady Bears take the fight out of the Lady Fighting Irish for another championship? We'll find out in Denver tomorrow night.

I must say, that game was absolutely spectacular to experience. As most of you in this thread know, Kentucky tradition lives and dies by national championships so to actually witness one first-hand was really something special.

I'm also really proud of this team, not just because of what they accomplished, but because of who they are. They are a great, humble group of guys who have worked really hard for this.

If any of you have a chance to watch the documentary on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's high-school basketball team, do it. It's called "Prayer for a Perfect Season" and I believe it will be released on DVD shortly.

FoolKiller
She is also Kentucky's biggest fan. She almost never misses a home game.

EDIT: CBS, your camera on a wire is annoying as hell in basketball.

Yeah, she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Impressive.

Time to salute some champions. So I'll name a lot of places just to sound cool and to show some diversity. My congratlations go out to all champions of college basketball this past season, including (but not limited to):

NCAA D1 Men: Kentucky
NCAA D2 Men: Western Washington
NCCA D3 Men: Wisconsin-Whitewater

NCAA D1 Women: Baylor
NCAA D2 Women: Shaw
NCAA D3 Women: Illinois Wesleyan

NCAA Men's NIT: Stanford
NCAA Women's NIT: Oklahoma State

NAIA D1 Men: Concordia (California)
NAIA D2 Men: Oregon Tech
NAIA D1 Women: Oklahoma City
NAIA D2 Women: Northwestern (Iowa)

NJCAA (National Junior College Athletics Association)
NJCAA D1 Men: South Plains
NJCAA D2 Men: Mott Community College (Michigan)
NJCAA D3 Men: Sandhills (North Carolina)
NJCAA D1 Women: Trinity Valley
NJCAA D2 Women: Monroe College (New York)
NJCAA D3 Women: Rock Valley

Congratulations to these and other National Champions from this past season. You know, there's a reason why I don't refer to these threads only as NCAA basketball or whatever. I always try to find diversity. Just because I don't talk about other levels or bodies of a sport doesn't mean I refuse to care about them. So there's the love from me to these schools. Congratulations on a job well done.

Back