College Basketball 2011-2012

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 196 comments
Well, no comeback for Lamar University- they fell hard 71-59 against Vermont. South Florida and California still going on as of this post. My former school failed to a damn good Vermont Catamounts squad.

As long as no one is offended by me downing the First Four, now we can get to some real March Madness! Hoping my bracket fares well today, but I wouldn't mind if a 16 seed won ;).

Feel the madness, players! We're about to kick off March Madness 2012 with a handful of matches. 68 has been whittled down to 64. It's simple- win or go home. Best of luck to all 64 teams!

UNC Ashville WILL beat Syracuse! :lol:

(EDIT) Oh... wow... they are winning! GO UNC ASHVILLE WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So close. Cuse may be easy pickings for KSU. Good thing that I had them (Cuse) going nowhere in any bracket.

Defending champs go down in flames. It was 74-66 in favor of Iowa State over Connecticut just now. UConn started hitting some meaningless threes late. They even tried a showtime dunk as they know they were going to be ousted... but the dunk failed. And so did the Huskies.

Just went final- Florida State takes down St. Bonaventure 66-63. I would have been so disappointed in Florida State if they were bounced by St. Bonaventure. The Bonnies started off with a 7-0 run before Florida State finally got their heads in the game. They didn't lead until about maybe halfway through the Second Half. Breathe easy, Seminole Nation... at least, until the next game in the tournament.

WE GOT A BIG UPSET! #15 Norfolk State knocked off #2 Missouri. So if you had Missouri advancing, your bracket just got screwed. The Spartans tamed the Missouri Tigers to the tune of an 86-84 victory.

Way to go Missouri, pitiful. 5th #15 seed to ever beat a #2 seed.

And that was Norfolk State's very first March Madness game. They should just quit while they are ahead, 100% winning/losing ratio :lol:.

Last edited:
DOWN GOES DUKE!!!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (bell rings) - KNOCK OUT!

LeHigh wins 75-70 over Duke. So TWO #2s go down in the same day. You can screw the chances of a Kentucky/Duke match if you had both in the Elite Eight. I'm pretty sure my man CAM is probably trashing his room right about now over this loss...

Nah, I actually made a humble status on Facebook and got a **** Duke reply from a snobby Carolina fan. And didn't get any backup. One day, those wine-drinking, cheese-eating, fair-weather fans will get their just desserts.

That was my first rant of the year. That's pretty great restraint on my part.

Why....WHYYYYYY???? All I know is next year, Duke WILL be #1. All they are pretty much losing will be the Plumlees and only one of them started!

Other notable winners from the 2nd Round games: Ohio def. Michigan, Purdue def. Saint Mary's, Saint Louis def. Memphis, and Creighton def. Alabama. I never saw so many haters of Duke on Facebook. I've seen lots of swearing, and of course, the obligatory spelling of Duke as "Dook." Man.

Will there be more big teams getting bounced from the NCAA Tourney? We'll find out when the Round of 32 games are concluded this weekend!

Plus #5 Temple and #4 Michigan both were upset today. Day of the upsets. Being Canadian we don't get much NCAA stuff up here but I love March Madness :)

Yeah, I just learned that South Florida (usually a Big East basketball doormat) knocked off Temple. Did anyone see Will Barton of Memphis get emotional as his Memphis Tigers got 86ed from the tournament by Saint Louis? This video is all you need to know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvPXyQpvcw

This season's tournament marks (I believe) the first time in tournament history where two #2 seeds fall in the same round tournament to two #15 seeds. Today will be the first round of the NCAA Division 1 Women's tournament. So guys and gals will be ballin' this weekend. Enjoy your college hoops!

Don't really care about my bracket anymore, even though I'm in the 97th percentile on Yahoo! Sports. Go little teams!

Yeah, I just learned that South Florida (usually a Big East basketball doormat) knocked off Temple. Did anyone see Will Barton of Memphis get emotional as his Memphis Tigers got 86ed from the tournament by Saint Louis? This video is all you need to know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvPXyQpvcw

This season's tournament marks (I believe) the first time in tournament history where two #2 seeds fall in the same round tournament to two #15 seeds. Today will be the first round of the NCAA Division 1 Women's tournament. So guys and gals will be ballin' this weekend. Enjoy your college hoops!

It was also the first time that 3 teams ranked #13 or higher won on the same day.

You mean lower rank?

Higher in this case means 14 and greater. I know due to the fact that higher usually means a better seed in this situation its not.

Back on topic: Wow, 'Cuse could mess up a lot of brackets if it keeps this up.

No real significant wins or upsets materialized from the men's tournament yesterday. Among the women who played yesterday, only one seed not within 1-8 failed to advance- #11 Gonzaga upsetting #6 Rutgers.

The men's tournament is inching towards the Sweet Sixteen while the women's tournament continues on with first round games.

No real significant wins or upsets materialized from the men's tournament yesterday. Among the women who played yesterday, only one seed not within 1-8 failed to advance- #11 Gonzaga upsetting #6 Rutgers.

The men's tournament is inching towards the Sweet Sixteen while the women's tournament continues on with first round games.

Sort of annoyed that that happened. Why did the committee put the lower ranked team at home for a 1st round game? I thought all sites were supposed to be neutral.

UPSET Times 2 1!
Well, NC State won... And, well, I wish I could say times two... See you next year Korie Lucious! ISU loses...

If you're from Ohio, you have to enjoy your home state having FOUR schools advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Ohio State, Ohio, Cincinnati, and Xavier all have advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. The next slate of games begin on Thursday. That is where the Sweet Sixten will go down to the Elite Eight and eventually determine the Final Four.

First part of the 2nd round underway for the women:

As of now no upsets are occurring but there was either an embarrassment or a historic win (depends how you look at it) as UConn (#1 in Kingston, RI bracket) completely flattened (might be an understatement) #8 Kansas St. 72-26. The 26 points scored is a record low in the tournament.

So far in the Women's tournament, I am most stunned at the Lady Red Foxes of Marist College upsetting the Georgia Lady Bulldogs. I heard of that beat down UConn put on Kansas State. Ouch.

Back