College Football 2011 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 422 comments
Robinson would be deadly (-ier than he already is, I suppose) if he could be a consistent passer. He's basically a running back that tries (doesn't really work) to throw. He was better last year.

CAM
Robinson would be deadly (-ier than he already is, I suppose) if he could be a consistent passer. He's basically a running back that tries (doesn't really work) to throw. He was better last year.

Im sorry i dont wanna be a fanboy buts thats not true at all whatsoever. People bag on him for have talent

klassykid9801
Im sorry i dont wanna be a fanboy buts thats not true at all whatsoever. People bag on him for have talent

I mean he is 2-9 with a pick, I think he does have a touchdown though. I'm not trying to bag on anyone's QB (seeing as mine SUCKS as of late) but he could be so much better if he could step up in the pocket and throw a strike even 90% of the time. He is capable of awesome throws, don't get me wrong, he just misses plenty of easy ones. No argument intended, just constructive criticism.

As I said, I know exactly how you feel. If we wouldn't have dropped balls during crunch time today (or given up 5 sacks that Davis had time to throw away), we would have taken VT to overtime.

Most of these games early on are mostly supposed to be powerful teams vs. weak sauce teams. I'm responding about the Charleston Southern at Florida State game (and other mismatches on paper). Just wait until the ACC games kick off to see what the Seminoles are REALLY about for the 2011 season.

Congratulations to all winners and tough luck for all losers of this weekend's games. Among some of the winners: Iowa State, Rice (surprise over Purdue), South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, Oklahoma State, TCU, and other teams that won from this weekend's games.

Go Utah! The only thing that would make me happier than ECU winning the C-USA is Utah winning the PAC-12. Go Non-AQ (or those transferred to BCS conferences) schools!

JohnBM01
Most of these games early on are mostly supposed to be powerful teams vs. weak sauce teams. I'm responding about the Charleston Southern at Florida State game (and other mismatches on paper). Just wait until the ACC games kick off to see what the Seminoles are REALLY about for the 2011 season.

True, mostly why I don't care about early in the season.
There just too boring, I didn't even bother watching the Michigan State game because I knew they were going to win (They did, 44-0 :P)

CAM
Go Utah! The only thing that would make me happier than ECU winning the C-USA is Utah winning the PAC-12. Go Non-AQ (or those transferred to BCS conferences) schools!

Ack!! Football season isn't going too hot for me so far. I've only gotten one positive result, and that's Boise. :lol:

I'm glad Michigan won, but you really aren't supposed to win games where your quarterback goes 11-31-ish and throws three picks. I do hate Notre Dame though, so no worries!

Last edited:
Heck of a game at the Big House! Michigan takes down Notre Dame in one frantic showdown. It was a 35-31 win for Michigan. Denard Robinson (or "D-Rob" as I refer to him) was money under center despite being picked off about three times. Michigan scored late, then Notre Dame silenced the Wolverine fans, and then Michigan took one chance at the end zone and came up victorious. I even said myself that Michigan should take one chance at the end zone. Boy, did Michigan deliver! Notre Dame... now 0-2 on the season with so much speculation of Notre Dame perhaps being a contender this season. And it's not like Notre Dame is losing to cupcakes. They lost to two fairly good football schools- South Florida and Michigan. What a game!

Notre Dame sucks, man. That's what Kelly gets for ditching Cinci.

Holy crap michigan made it the best game it could be for the first night game in the big house. That was incredible , notre dam has talent but that game proved michigan has some too

I think Texas may have turned the corner this week. A come-from-behind win against BYU using 2nd and 3rd string QBs and the freshman running back is just what we needed. I think we have a shot against UCLA.

CAM
@Villiain, I wish he wouldn't have left us with so many interpretations. "Cats" could mean they maybe have some of those odd players that feel the need to fix their hair under their helmets and wear layered socks to match team colors (people do it, it's just beyond me), or it could mean that they were wimpy.

Wait... what?

Here are some of many upcoming matches for this weekend, which ESPN is touting as "Road Test Weekend":

• #1 Oklahoma at #5 Florida State
• #23 Texas at UCLA
• Tennessee at Florida
• LSU at Mississippi State (THURSDAY NIGHT)
• #17 Ohio State at Miami
• #18 West Virginia at Maryland
• Colorado State vs. Colorado
• #15 Michigan State at Notre Dame
• South Alabama at North Carolina State (USA's debut football season)
• Navy at #10 South Carolina
• Louisville at Kentucky
• Utah at BYU
• #6 Stanford at Arizona

Any matches you looking forward to this weekend? By the way, I'm glad U. of Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is doing better after having a seizure as his Minnesota Golden Gophers disappointingly lost to New Mexico State. I hear that Garrett Gilbert (Texas, QB) is going to be benched this weekend, giving the QB duties to David Ash and Case McCoy.

I'm excited to watch Stanford at Arizona. A matchup of what I believe to be the best Pac-12 QBs - Nick Foles and Andrew Luck. Should be an awesome game - it'll be interesting to see if Stanford's stingy defense brings Foles back to Earth.

Tonight, it's LSU at Mississippi State. The Bulldogs usually are a doormat in the SEC, but they've gotten better. But... better enough to tame some Tigers from Baton Rouge? We'll see tonight!

Wait... what?

I was mostly making a reference to how much athletes in my area are obsessed with the clothes they wear around their uniforms (socks, undershirts, acceptable jewelry, etc.) as a reason for him calling the players "cats." He had a little outburst mimicing someone saying "Do I look good?" is why I mentioned that. I said they could be wimpy because I usually generalize housecats as being wimpy.

ECU has the weekend off, they need it to regroup after giving away two very winnable games. I can't wait to watch all the awesome match-ups after a long sleep on Friday night to recoup from a long week of school :). Heck, maybe Duke will win and Carolina will lose :D.

Also, I may just get to go to the Carolina-Duke football game on November 26. I've never gotten to go, and have always wanted to cheer my Blue Devils on against the Tar Heels. My girlfriend's family are all die-hard Tar Heel fans (very fun when we have handed their rear ends to them in basketball recently :sly:), and her uncle is very influential in the alumni association so I may get a ticket. I would just love to be a spot of Duke blue in a sea of baby blue, just as I've always wanted to be that one Duke fan at the Dean Dome for a basketball game as well :).

Looking forward to a great (and less stressful, no Pirate game ;)) weekend of college football!

I really, really hope Boise doesn't lose. If Toledo was playing anyone else, I'd be rooting for them, but Boise needs to play for the title. I'm probably the biggest playoff system/no BCS proponent you'll ever meet, and a non-AQ winning a title would be a great step in the revolution :).

EDIT: Touchdown, go Broncos!

Didn't Boise just get in trouble for recruiting violations? I know they are losing scholarships the next few seasons but did it affect their bowl eligibility at all?

dchPSUone
Didn't Boise just get in trouble for recruiting violations? I know they are losing scholarships the next few seasons but did it affect their bowl eligibility at all?

No. They weren't recruiting violations, the exact NCAA verdict was "improper housing." Which was incoming freshman sleeping on the floor of upperclassmen's dorm rooms for summer workouts. I find that an extremely outrageous reason to lose 9 scholarships over 3 years, lose some summer practice time, and get 3 years probation (which is all the punishment they got).

Kellen Moore absolutely went off tonight, except for one bad throw. Almost 500 yards, 5 touchdowns, incredible. I do have fears for Boise's kicking game though, missing two extra points in one game is not good.

No posts in here all day? Navy is hanging with South Carolina at the half (ECU was up by 10 at the half against SC, a mixture of happiness and irony), I'm setting up to watch FSU and Oklahoma (I'm cheering hard for FSU, Omnis 👍) and one of my two teams finally won! That was a great win for my Blue Devils in Chestnut Hill today :)

May God be with Kenny Shaw. He was knocked unconscious in the end zone by an unnecessarily illegal and violent hit by two players from Oklahoma. As of now, he has movement in all of his extremities.

How about the freshman QB for FSU, Trickett? That TD pass on 3rd and 28 was probably the best moment of his life. Just awesome.

Last edited:
Random ramblings now.

• All I can say is... congratulations to Clemson in winning what I call the "Tiger Bowl," ending Auburn's winning streak.

• Big win for Notre Dame to finally notch up their first win of the season.

• The three major Florida schools all won... except Florida State. I still remember seeing Florida State cash in that SWEET touchdown on a deep pass on 3rd and 28. It was a 50-something yard touchdown pass. Florida State fails 23-13 hosting Oklahoma. It was a good game from what I was able to see. Florida dogged the boys from Rocky Top, but the Tennessee Volunteers made it real interesting getting the margin down to 10 as Florida was blowing Tennessee's doors off. Ohio State failed at Miami as the 'Canes blew away the Buckeyes.

• Maryland didn't have enough pizazz against West Virginia as they do with their new uniforms. They were on the losing end as well.

• From a non-BCS standpoint, I was surprised to see Central Michigan get whacked at Western Michigan. CMU is usually the best non-BCS school in the state of Michigan with Western Michigan a close second.

• It was a close shave for my beloved Houston Cougars at Louisiana Tech. We won 35-34 after we scored a late touchdown to be ahead for good. The Coogs cashed in three touchdowns in the 4th Quarter to get ahead for good.

Congratulations to all other winners; tough luck to all losers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed the Clemson thing for you. ;) Also, it doesn't make sense to say that all three major FL schools won and then say except FSU.

That game was crap though. OU defense hits way too high... most of the big hits tonight would've been illegal in the NFL. Don't know why college doesn't flag that crap. Thank god that one cat didn't get paralyzed from having his head smashed in on both sides by two OU helmets.

FSU probably would've had a better shot if EJ didn't go out. That said, they did get that LUCKY touchdown with Trickett so I guess fate evened out. Didn't think FSU would win anyway. Hopefully it's not so crazy on Saturdays anymore. I live right next to the stadium so Saturdays are pretty much impossible to get any studying done.

You didn't go to the game, Omnis? I would have totally skipped any Friday night (or any other night of the week) activities to study to make sure I had my spot in the stadium. Maybe I'm just a sucker for football though.

Nope. Student tickets website crashed from the traffic. They sold out. Tickets cost $150 bucks and I wouldn't go to a football game for that much unless it came with the cheerleader captains from each team in my lap.

Anyway, I'm protesting FSU sports until I get their name changed to the Florida State Bacon-Cheeks.

304527_2443017394102_1211852200_32954843_886740651_n.jpg

I'm not really a fan of college football. I'm an NFL guy.

I gotcha. Maybe that's another reason why the atmosphere at ECU is so great, every student has a ticket guaranteed so they only have to worry about getting satisfactorily intoxicated before entering the stadium, and not worrying about ticket lines.

Omnis
Anyway, I'm protesting FSU sports until I get their name changed to the Florida State Bacon-Cheeks.

:lol: I've been looking at that logo every fall for 10 years and never noticed that.

I noticed it some time during the 3rd quarter and will never see it the same way again. I always hated the face logo. Love the spear though.

Back