Coming to GT Sport: Renault Sport Clio V6 and Toyota TRD Tundra

The fact that GT has had - for many years now - less-than-obvious choices in its car list tends to suggest more people like the wacky cars than you think.

Could be. I think I have another explaination: The huge car list with cars that were produced way before the game's launch + previous GT games were more about collecting cars. CaRPG.

Literally nobody does not mean a minority, it means, literally nobody... I don't want to be a dick about it, but the internet would be a far better place if people constructed their criticisms in a more concise manner.

I mainly criticize in a concise manner, so excuse me if I didn't do this time. These were my first thoughts. For me it's so disappointing when the game wants to focus on E-Sport and real motorsport and the cars added later are mostly road cars. It's such a missed opportunity and not coherent with the game's DNA.

Actually looks like he just crop'd and zoomed into this real life background here which made it look gamey. lol. So yeah, not from the actual game.

D9hQnEjVUAIlYXw.jpg
Still though the fact that we having this debate at all just prove how advanced GTSport graphics has become.

It's nice to see that people are happy, but to be completely honest I'm not too excited about any of those cars. Hoping there's more to come in this update...
For me, the cars are not the focus. I'm glad to see a new track that looks pretty decent and the rain update is intriguing. The new cars will just get the benefit of being released along side the other content. I'd rather they add more race cars.

Would have loved to have seen an LMP2, the Ford GT GTE and a Porsche Cup Car.

These were my first thoughts. For me it's so disappointing when the game wants to focus on E-Sport and real motorsport and the cars added later are mostly road cars. It's such a missed opportunity and not coherent with the game's DNA.
Personally, I can understand that. GT Sport has taken a focus to online racing including eSports and has dedicated racing classes for it and you wanted to see more of that. Honestly, I would love to see more cars like that too.

However at the same time, I'm glad that took a bigger focus on the road cars as GT Sport's road car list at launch was abysmal. Just newer stuff with the oldest car being a 80s Pikes Peak Car. So, I'm glad they took a bigger focus on road cars due to that. My big problem is if they went the route of just adding race cars is that it would feel too much like every other eSports sim due to that.

Personally, I can understand that. GT Sport has taken a focus to online racing including eSports and has dedicated racing classes for it and you wanted to see more of that. Honestly, I would love to see more cars like that too.

However at the same time, I'm glad that took a bigger focus on the road cars as GT Sport's road car list at launch was abysmal. Just newer stuff with the oldest car being a 80s Pikes Peak Car. So, I'm glad they took a bigger focus on road cars due to that. My big problem is if they went the route of just adding race cars is that it would feel too much like every other eSports sim due to that.

Git off my board if you want an e-sport sim to be different. (/s)

So, if they (finally) release the RB competition, and considering that no new cars have been leaked, it seems we are getting a 5 cars update again

Last edited:
I'm wondering why they chose the Tundra over the Tacoma when the latter is the one that represented the pickup truck of Toyota in the previous titles. It's still a good choice though overall.

So we have 2 premiums from GT6 returning, a standard car updated to premium status and a brand new car to the series. Two cars are from a Japanese brand, 1 from a French brand and 1 from an American brand. The '69 Camaro was going to come eventually, so to the Clio V6 as the pattern of returned GT6 premiums suggested. Didn't expect to see a Tundra though.

Would be awesome.
TS010 good competitor for the 962C
TS040 as the same level than Peugeot 908
TS020, did the same lap times than 787B, is better than 962C (GT Sport) and is the most fastest GT1 from that era.

So no complaing in the inclusion of those cars.

Gran Turismo series basically made me appreciate Japanese race cars a lot.

For me, the cars are not the focus. I'm glad to see a new track that looks pretty decent and the rain update is intriguing. The new cars will just get the benefit of being released along side the other content. I'd rather they add more race cars.

Would have loved to have seen an LMP2, the Ford GT GTE and a Porsche Cup Car.

Totally agree Clean Racer... the fact that some of the real life top level GT race cars are now very conspicuous by their absence in GT sport... examples of current any LMP class cars (apart from the Toyota) would be a real plus, as would the Ferrari 488 race car... and the Ford GTE...

Whilst I like random cars/ content still coming to this game... I drive to race, and mostly want to enjoy the full race car experience myself.

Totally agree Clean Racer... the fact that some of the real life top level GT race cars are now very conspicuous by their absence in GT sport... examples of current any LMP class cars (apart from the Toyota) would be a real plus, as would the Ferrari 488 race car... and the Ford GTE...

Whilst I like random cars/ content still coming to this game... I drive to race, and mostly want to enjoy the full race car experience myself.
Amen. Hope to see you on track at some point.

Any info of the participant experiences of the in-game physics at the World Tour? Same as in GT Sport update v1.39?

Was this edited for effect or did Jimmy just give us another vehicle?
I don't think you can read anything into it either way. There's definitely a cut in there, and he may have been talking about the road car after the cut - no way to tell.

I love that they added the Tundra. Now if PD could add the current Raptor, the Ram Power Wagon, and possibly the Colorado ZR2, and we could have a decent collection of trucks again.
The Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept is better than the Power Wagon imo. They could possible add the Tacoma TRD Pro, Titan Pro X4 or maybe even the Canyon, Silverado Z71 or New Gladiator. Some old ones could be nice too like the F-150 Lightning, SSR, Ram SRT-10, El Camino, Dakota etc. :lol: Oh I just remembered about the Midgets :lol:

Last edited:
The Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept is better than the Power Wagon imo. They could possible add the Tacoma TRD Pro, Titan Pro X4 or maybe even the Canyon, Silverado Z71 or New Gladiator. Some old ones could be nice too like the F-150 Lightning, SSR, Ram SRT-10, El Camino, Dakota etc. :lol: Oh I just remembered about the Midgets :lol:
Oh yes, the Midgets. The best gag cars of the series :lol:

Oh yes, the Midgets. The best gag cars of the series :lol:
20190529_104420.jpg

Did someone say Midget?

Snapped this last month while on my trip to Tokyo. Didn't realise there was a Daihatsu dealership only few blocks away from our hotel until the second to last day of our trip. :bowdown::D

As for other trucks, gimme a 2018 2500/3500 Ram with the 6.7 litre Cummins and a 6-speed manual and I'm happy.

Back