Coming to GT Sport: Renault Sport Clio V6 and Toyota TRD Tundra

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 20, 2019.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

There's the Z car event, MINI Challenge, VW race. SF19 race. W08 race. Could happen.

2. sturk0167

sturk0167

Article headline featured Renault and Toyota, instead of 1969 Camaro Z28!!!??? That figures. :lol:

3. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Could be. I think I have another explaination: The huge car list with cars that were produced way before the game's launch + previous GT games were more about collecting cars. CaRPG.

I mainly criticize in a concise manner, so excuse me if I didn't do this time. These were my first thoughts. For me it's so disappointing when the game wants to focus on E-Sport and real motorsport and the cars added later are mostly road cars. It's such a missed opportunity and not coherent with the game's DNA.

Dimitri and courageC60 like this.
  4. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Still though the fact that we having this debate at all just prove how advanced GTSport graphics has become.

5. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

230,00 Cr for 3 out of the four cars in that picture. Nice! 285,000 Cr if you want all four.

6. Victoria H

Victoria H

It's nice to see that people are happy, but to be completely honest I'm not too excited about any of those cars. Hoping there's more to come in this update...

7. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Gr.3. It is far and away my favourite GT3 class car in AC.

8. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

For me, the cars are not the focus. I'm glad to see a new track that looks pretty decent and the rain update is intriguing. The new cars will just get the benefit of being released along side the other content. I'd rather they add more race cars.

Would have loved to have seen an LMP2, the Ford GT GTE and a Porsche Cup Car.

9. AllMightyVTEC

AllMightyVTEC

I love that they added the Tundra. Now if PD could add the current Raptor, the Ram Power Wagon, and possibly the Colorado ZR2, and we could have a decent collection of trucks again.

10. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Personally, I can understand that. GT Sport has taken a focus to online racing including eSports and has dedicated racing classes for it and you wanted to see more of that. Honestly, I would love to see more cars like that too.

However at the same time, I'm glad that took a bigger focus on the road cars as GT Sport's road car list at launch was abysmal. Just newer stuff with the oldest car being a 80s Pikes Peak Car. So, I'm glad they took a bigger focus on road cars due to that. My big problem is if they went the route of just adding race cars is that it would feel too much like every other eSports sim due to that.

11. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

Git off my board if you want an e-sport sim to be different. (/s)

silverman_GT and RandomCarGuy17 like this.
  12. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

So, if they (finally) release the RB competition, and considering that no new cars have been leaked, it seems we are getting a 5 cars update again

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  13. GTV0819

GTV0819

I'm wondering why they chose the Tundra over the Tacoma when the latter is the one that represented the pickup truck of Toyota in the previous titles. It's still a good choice though overall.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  14. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Toyota Tundra but I asked for the Ts010, Ts020 or the Ts040.

Scuderia Paul and dppllggr like this.
  15. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

So we have 2 premiums from GT6 returning, a standard car updated to premium status and a brand new car to the series. Two cars are from a Japanese brand, 1 from a French brand and 1 from an American brand. The '69 Camaro was going to come eventually, so to the Clio V6 as the pattern of returned GT6 premiums suggested. Didn't expect to see a Tundra though.

16. juanffy18

juanffy18

Would be awesome.
    TS010 good competitor for the 962C
    TS040 as the same level than Peugeot 908
    TS020, did the same lap times than 787B, is better than 962C (GT Sport) and is the most fastest GT1 from that era.

So no complaing in the inclusion of those cars.

17. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Gran Turismo series basically made me appreciate Japanese race cars a lot.

18. MxFiver

MxFiver

Totally agree Clean Racer... the fact that some of the real life top level GT race cars are now very conspicuous by their absence in GT sport... examples of current any LMP class cars (apart from the Toyota) would be a real plus, as would the Ferrari 488 race car... and the Ford GTE...

Whilst I like random cars/ content still coming to this game... I drive to race, and mostly want to enjoy the full race car experience myself.

Nano18, mirial, Interstellar9 and 3 others like this.
  19. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

Amen. Hope to see you on track at some point.

CallawaySS likes this.
  20. GTnForza4ever

GTnForza4ever

I'm really amped up about this update in a lot of ways. So happy to see the rain coming for some tracks!!

TrafficEmpire and AgentBlackDog like this.
  21. GordonS

GordonS

Any info of the participant experiences of the in-game physics at the World Tour? Same as in GT Sport update v1.39?

22. 05XR8

05XR8

Please, PD. One more surprise. ;)
    [​IMG]

JoueurGT, usmaan, xxy98cn and 4 others like this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

Was this edited for effect or did Jimmy just give us another vehicle?

24. Famine

Famine Administrator

I don't think you can read anything into it either way. There's definitely a cut in there, and he may have been talking about the road car after the cut - no way to tell.

25. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I have a feeling he was thinking of the GR Racing Concept which is built to GTE specification which we do have.

26. courageC60

courageC60

The Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Concept is better than the Power Wagon imo. They could possible add the Tacoma TRD Pro, Titan Pro X4 or maybe even the Canyon, Silverado Z71 or New Gladiator. Some old ones could be nice too like the F-150 Lightning, SSR, Ram SRT-10, El Camino, Dakota etc. :lol: Oh I just remembered about the Midgets :lol:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  27. AllMightyVTEC

AllMightyVTEC

Oh yes, the Midgets. The best gag cars of the series :lol:

28. Savolainen83

Savolainen83

20190529_104420.jpg

Did someone say Midget?

Snapped this last month while on my trip to Tokyo. Didn't realise there was a Daihatsu dealership only few blocks away from our hotel until the second to last day of our trip. :bowdown::D

As for other trucks, gimme a 2018 2500/3500 Ram with the 6.7 litre Cummins and a 6-speed manual and I'm happy.

CallawaySS, VXR, sirjim73 and 6 others like this.
  29. darth_tails

darth_tails

Has to be this one, my favourite Midget they've included in the series.

Daihatsu_Midget_II.jpg

30. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Amen! I can definitely see this returning. I honestly feel like most if not all of the noteworthy Kei cars will be returning in super-premium fashion.

darth_tails likes this.