Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
I think this is a bug (pre 2.05. I think it has always been this way since the car was released):

The Standard Centre Differential on the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 TC is set to 150/-50.
These numbers make no sense as a distribution factor and besides that it is the only centre diff on a 4WD Nissan favoring the front over the back (a little test seems to indicate that this is indeed the case).

I have a thread on this

I've also seen this , before 2.04 .

And to the same category I'll throw in a lot older value bug ,
LSD in many cars is 10/40/20 or something similar in the value ranges of FC LSD.
But in some (mostly MR) cars the values are something like 40/80/20 .
I may remember the first initial and deceleration wrong ,
but I remember the acceleration value being 80 and I found it very weird at the time.

One (if not all) of the Toyota MR2's was/is like this.
I think it was the MR2 G-Limited or GT-S '97 when I first time saw it.

And I think the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 had 100/0 torgue split as stock or possible with the torgue splitter.

MadMax

I've noticed a freezing problem when I first load the game,it just stays on the black GT screen. I quit the game and go back in and then it loads normally. It happens about 4 out of 5 times I turn on the game. It seemed to start after 2.04 and still happening after 2.05.

A friend said his was doing the same thing,but I'm still worried my PS3 is going to take a dump. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm having the exact same thing, game gets stuck when it loads up, on the screen with the gran turismo logo and then afterwards at the start menu it takes like 5 minutes for the cursor to load so you can access GT home. My impression is that it started after i updated the playstation itself last week with update 4.0 (was that the same day as GT 2.04?).

And when you finally manage to load up the game the loading problems persists and you get kicked out of the network every 10 minutes...

I just manually port forwarded my PS3 let's see if that improves things hopefully.

Hi all,

after I updated the game to v2.05 (and the PS3 fw to the latest v4.10) I can't "use" it. It starts, but it can't make it even to the intro movie and I get a message that more space needed on the HDD to start the game (and continue loading to the game's main menu). However I have about 190GB free space (and the size of the save file is a little less than 1MB).
What can be the problem, has anybody any experience with it?
Thank you in advance.

rcdrvr
Hi all,

after I updated the game to v2.05 (and the PS3 fw to the latest v4.10) I can't "use" it. It starts, but it can't make it even to the intro movie and I get a message that more space needed on the HDD to start the game (and continue loading to the game's main menu). However I have about 190GB free space (and the size of the save file is a little less than 1MB).
Thank you in advance.

I had this problem with past GT5 updates. For me, it was because I updated the game, and then updated the system. For some strange reason GT didn't like that and I got the exact same problem you are having. The way I fixed it is backing up my save and reinstalling GT5. This is the only solution I have found.

Hope this helps!

rcdrvr
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.

Delete the game data not the game save.

You will put the disk in reinstall all 15 updates then be prompted to install the game.

But do backup your save just in case.

Where is the thread om strange building or other stuff following the car in rear view mirror when driving in cockpit mode?

Particularely annoying when driving special stage in the latest seasonal.

My game keeps freezing up when leaving a room and I keep disconnecting in the middle of races even though my internet is fine and normally I never disconnect.

I didn't see this on the list. While running the Toyota 86 GT '12 on Special Stage Route X, the speedometer went past the fastest speed on the speedometer and kept climbing going through the tachometer. At about 240 mph (give or take) the needle ended up back on zero, making 1 full circle. Not sure if it would have kept going because I passed all the A.I.'s, losing my draft. I don't remember if this happened on or before v2.04 but it is now.

Entered FMSC league room. Suzuka. It was raining. Another guy enters he wants to qualify. Asks to rain off. They say it is off.

I got picture of my screen. Def raining on my and the other guys end.

98fd068f.jpg

Rentered and same deal. Raining for us and not the other six or so people.

EDIT:

Had not updated PS3 itself. Trying that now. Seen an update when I fired it up. Thought I had auto updating on and I assumed message said it installed 4.11 Hmmm.

EDIT II:

System update didn't solve it. The track was weather version set to 0%. I could see that and was still getting rain.

They swapped tracks and then back. That worked.

Last edited:
Something rather minor, but it is a new change in 2.05.

I only saw this happen in online races as of right now and I haven't checked if this happens anywhere else, but when you cross the finish line the frames per second drops down so it can sync the race results better.

Like I said, it's minor, but it does help display the race results more better.

Something rather minor, but it is a new change in 2.05.

I only saw this happen in online races as of right now and I haven't checked if this happens anywhere else, but when you cross the finish line the frames per second drops down so it can sync the race results better.

Like I said, it's minor, but it does help display the race results more better.

I had that during an offline race as well. I believe it was the recent 650PP seasonal. I thought my PS3 or GT5 disc was acting up or something. I'm relieved to hear it's just the game syncing up. I can live with that since it's after the race anyway.

VW Golf VI's right reverse light doesn't work. It was first noticed in 2.04 and another user confirmed it was changed.

Its not a premium car, standards don't have reverse lights

Yes they do, a lot of standards do, just drive a standard r34, hell's a Cuore sporty thing has a single reverse light like an R34.

Dodge Viper Gts 99' doesn't display the reverse light on the car, but It will show it on a guardrail, wall, etc.

I have seen cars at SSRX float, cartwheel, barrelroll, and drop. It only occurs during rolling starts and always happens when my friends and I do Wangan there.

They have also changed tracks a lot. A while ago I was on Nurb 24h change weather/time. There are so many people there now, the forests and backgrounds are far more detailed, and i swear there are slight corrections to elevation, the tracks beauty has grown 100-fold.

Confirmed the right reverse light being stuck in the dlc golf when lights are on. When lights are off, right reverse light is nonexistant

Yes they do, a lot of standards do, just drive a standard r34, hell's a Cuore sporty thing has a single reverse light like an R34.

Dodge Viper Gts 99' doesn't display the reverse light on the car, but It will show it on a guardrail, wall, etc.

I have seen cars at SSRX float, cartwheel, barrelroll, and drop. It only occurs during rolling starts and always happens when my friends and I do Wangan there.

They have also changed tracks a lot. A while ago I was on Nurb 24h change weather/time. There are so many people there now, the forests and backgrounds are far more detailed, and i swear there are slight corrections to elevation, the tracks beauty has grown 100-fold.

Confirmed the right reverse light being stuck in the dlc golf when lights are on. When lights are off, right reverse light is nonexistant

Could you tell me which standard cars have working reverse lights? (meaning actual ones, not the reverse light effect I see at night time).

I know of 2 that have actual working reverse lights that aren't in the reverse gear and work by other means.

Nissan R34 Skyline GT Pace car has reverse light blinking on and off along with siren lights.

Cheverolet Chevelle has reverse lights turning on along side brake lights when you brake and at night time when tail lights are on.

Entered FMSC league room. Suzuka. It was raining. Another guy enters he wants to qualify. Asks to rain off. They say it is off.

Looks like they improved GT5 online again with a nice "feature". Garba(d)ge. :lol:

Since 2.05 update all my GT300 cars are very very slow. I use a fanatec gt3 wheel with clubsport pedals my friend uses a DS3 and hes kicking my butt when normally I'm 15 seconds faster then him, we race with out aid. This has been happening since the last update....please somebody help me!!!!!! Almost forgot when I finish racing with my friend the screen starts lagging and the image starts looking all pixel.

I had this problem with past GT5 updates. For me, it was because I updated the game, and then updated the system. For some strange reason GT didn't like that and I got the exact same problem you are having. The way I fixed it is backing up my save and reinstalling GT5. This is the only solution I have found.

Hope this helps!

Delete the game data not the game save.

You will put the disk in reinstall all 15 updates then be prompted to install the game.

But do backup your save just in case.

Thank you ggsrox & Hammrshell! It helped, the game works fine again. 👍 :D

There is also a sound bug with the Spirit R RX7 where when fitted with a race exhaust the car sounds like it has a 3 rotor engine instead of a 2 rotor engine. The RX7 was only ever available wtih a 2 rotor engine (12A 1.2 litre 2 rotor on the earlier FB RX7, then 13B 1.3 litre 2 rotor on the other FC and FD models) and the 20B 2.0 litre 3 rotor engine was only ever available on the Japanese-market only JC Eunos (Mazda) Cosmo.

While it is common to swap a 3 rotor engine into an RX7, it is a completely different engine compared to the original 13B 2 rotor. It's like comparing a 6 cylinder to a V8. Not only does the 3 rotor have a lot more torque, it also has a deeper and throatier exhaust note.

I really wish we could indeed fit larger engines in GT5 to get better performance, but getting just the exhaust noise without realistic gains in performance from a 3 rotor engine is completely unrealistic for me.

Here is an example of a 2 rotor 13B Turbo RX7 (not to be confused by the number plate, which means this little 2 rotor kills bigger 3 rotor RX7s down the quarter-mile!):
http://www.youtube.com/embed/uqtnGqFakMk

And here is an example of a 20B 3 rotor turbo RX7:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/74NpIQA6rx8

Last edited:
That missing track on SSRX happenned to me before 2.05 even before 2.04. It was very funny to race on ''nothing'' :-)

Today in online lobby my tyres could not heat themselves, so i was losing roughly a second per lap and i eventually got kicked from lobby. Maybe it was my fault, but it has never happened to me. Only on 2.05 update. Somebody can confirm that ?
First one - disappearing road, was that when you started a race or moved from other section of track? For example after ff/rev in replay.
Second (tyres) - still no more reports on this

I have a bug that I have had for some time. It says in car selection in-lobby that my Spyker C8 is 504pp. I go into the car set up to get it and it is suddenly 520pp their and now on the garage screen.
It was already covered

yeah I checked in a room last night and the restrictions seem titled correctly.

Online redo!
1.Qualfying fastest first rarely works correctly.
2.Online races "major bug" https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237539
3. Black screen issues when the race starts. It can vary on length of time but very common to start normal with a countdown as soon as one person leaves the room. There are times where the race will start without countdown but everyone starts at the same time as well. Other possibilities include when not every driver comes out of the black screen at the same time and people are able to get large headstarts on other drivers. Even worse drivers can be once in a great while be left of the grid all together.
4.Freeze issues after a seasonal race or leaving a lounge.It sometimes requires you to just quit the game but sometimes resetting the system is needed. The freezing can happen right after you get paid for the seasonal race. For online when you select the red square or right when you get back to the open lobby area it will freeze. SSRX is where it seems to happen the most. Its recommended not to be in the xmb while leaving a lobby or race as it might make matters worse. Its also important to know that sometimes it just takes a long time to leave a lobby and its not a freeze.
5. Lag-like issues for people with good internet connections. Leaving and coming back may help. These issues include poor mic chat quality, very very slow gararge loading (and possible rare freeze), slow to enter the track, and slow tuning navigation. Usually when having these issues the races themselves are lag free which is the weird part.
6.The random disconnects although can be lag/poor connections are not always. People joining and leaving right away are more common now. It is also possible some hit the slow loading bar of death too. Even with a good connection though, once in a while you will get booted in the middle of a race (Maybe once every 2 weeks for me) If I am the room leader sometimes its just me getting kicked and other times the whole room gets kicked.
7.Sometimes track options are unavailable to room leader until a reset best done by switching damage on and off then back. Ocassionally the tracks options only are greyed out as a host but still changeable and greyed out as a racer but still readable.
8.Tire screech sometimes goes away in online lounge.
9. (Havent had a good chance to test this as some of the people this happened with frequently arent on as much. It should remian on the list until we get more feedback because its a serious issue)...People can't hear/see everybody in the lounge but not always both. (Not had this problem personally but it has happened to friends. Usually happens when I have multiple countries in my room. Aussie can't see Canadian etc but not always).
10.Not all are bad :) It is possible to have an online race with combinations of karts, F1, and standard cars by fiddling with the settings in the right way.
11. (The one person I had this issue with is addicted to Worms 2 right now so leave it up until he comes back lol)...People in lounges sometimes dont have the yellow circle next to their coffee cup.
12. (Have not seen it in a while so should leave it off for now. If anyone sees it do tell)...Countdown for the race to start sometimes goes to 0 then goes back up usually to ten.
13.Various issues with online penalty system - more info by mecgoat here
14. (Don't know a thing about this one)...Sometimes after pausing a game controls do not appear (usually on Nordschleife) (more info by EliteDreamer)

Anyway I managed to delete 100 plus photos a second time in game and hours upon hours of work. I wont be around anything gt5 for a few days as I am a bit upset. The delete all button is so easy to select on accident. Usually take a few pictures after a long night of racing to relax and maybe a little tired so its part my fault. Not a bug at all, but I could live with the wrong descripton on my 54 Vette to get my pictures back. Anyway talk to you in a few.
Ok, restrictions stroked out.

1. Can you elaborate on this one. What exactly is wrong with it?
6. It's also too random to describe it properly
All others updated. Thank you for all your effort. I hope now online list is correct.

I think this is a bug (pre 2.05. I think it has always been this way since the car was released):

The Standard Centre Differential on the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 TC is set to 150/-50.
These numbers make no sense as a distribution factor and besides that it is the only centre diff on a 4WD Nissan favoring the front over the back (a little test seems to indicate that this is indeed the case).

I have a thread on this
Added. Thanks.

I've also seen this , before 2.04 .

And to the same category I'll throw in a lot older value bug ,
LSD in many cars is 10/40/20 or something similar in the value ranges of FC LSD.
But in some (mostly MR) cars the values are something like 40/80/20 .
I may remember the first initial and deceleration wrong ,
but I remember the acceleration value being 80 and I found it very weird at the time.

One (if not all) of the Toyota MR2's was/is like this.
I think it was the MR2 G-Limited or GT-S '97 when I first time saw it.

And I think the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 had 100/0 torgue split as stock or possible with the torgue splitter.
Added part about LSD, thanks.
Could not check Atenza torque split, but I'll have an eye on that car.

Where is the thread om strange building or other stuff following the car in rear view mirror when driving in cockpit mode?

Particularely annoying when driving special stage in the latest seasonal.
You could at least say at which track and section that was happening.

My game keeps freezing up when leaving a room and I keep disconnecting in the middle of races even though my internet is fine and normally I never disconnect.
That is too random to add as a bug report. Try to forward your ports and set DMZ in your router.

I didn't see this on the list. While running the Toyota 86 GT '12 on Special Stage Route X, the speedometer went past the fastest speed on the speedometer and kept climbing going through the tachometer. At about 240 mph (give or take) the needle ended up back on zero, making 1 full circle. Not sure if it would have kept going because I passed all the A.I.'s, losing my draft. I don't remember if this happened on or before v2.04 but it is now.
Tested it and you're right. Added.

I got picture of my screen. Def raining on my and the other guys end.

98fd068f.jpg

Did you try to enter track? In SPA SuperGT B-Spec seasonal weather was set to rain and 30% wet track. But when you stayed long at pre-race screen track was getting more and more dry. Click on start and bam 30% again. Maybe it is similar?

VW Golf VI's right reverse light doesn't work. It was first noticed in 2.04 and another user confirmed it was changed.
I'll try that Golf bug tomorrow, because I have to buy Car Pack 2 ;)

Since 2.05 update all my GT300 cars are very very slow. I use a fanatec gt3 wheel with clubsport pedals my friend uses a DS3 and hes kicking my butt when normally I'm 15 seconds faster then him, we race with out aid. This has been happening since the last update....please somebody help me!!!!!! Almost forgot when I finish racing with my friend the screen starts lagging and the image starts looking all pixel.
I don't race GT300, so we need more input form other users here.

Standard cars don't have reverse lights, as stated by PD. Some of them might have working reverse lights but it is like saying that Prowler has premiumish interior so all other standards are bugged because they have only black silhouettes.

I'm sorry for delay. Huge amounts of work lately :/

I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but when I was scrolling through my paint chips last night, I noticed that the paint chip from the Jaguar XJR-9 had been renamed to XJR-9 Purple, rather than being nameless before.

My beetle 1200 gets up on two wheels in an online race now so the online physics must have changed, Cause before it had solid grip and cornered very well.

List prepared for 2.0.5 update.

@velly We have discussed damage issue here and decided to leave it for various reasons. Your second report is something that we have to check, especially as you say it was working before.

@slashfan please check it after 2.0.5 update. I can't confirm it because in Polish version it's correct.

Still there.

I can help with the descriptions
1-I can go out in fastest first race grid and run the fastest lap and start dead last as do many other people. It only happens rarely for me but much more often to a few friends.
6. Just got to work on the description better for this one. Something like good connections can slow way down for no reason at times but usually not during the race itself only in the menus and mic chat.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but when I was scrolling through my paint chips last night, I noticed that the paint chip from the Jaguar XJR-9 had been renamed to XJR-9 Purple, rather than being nameless before.
Changed in 2.0.4 version. Also now you don't receive that chip with XJR-9 so it is pretty rare.

My beetle 1200 gets up on two wheels in an online race now so the online physics must have changed, Cause before it had solid grip and cornered very well.
That might be due the fact that now it's 400 kg lighter (changed in 2.0.4)

Still there.
Now I'm really confused. Mercgoat reported that it's fixed and I see that both of you have US version :dunce:

There is a maintenance notice posted for 2/23 look like another update coming very soon. Maybe they saw this thread lol!

Weird with the assists description. Very weird indeed, I had the host turn off all assists, all but abs, and our normal setup (no skid/no active steering) to check it well and it all worked fine.

Maybe it is different when you are host and when you're not.

Usually maintenances connected to update appear on Tuesday, not Thursday.

You couldn't see the descriptions as host as you access the menus where the race info is posted for everyone else. Its weird. love to know what makes it do this only certain times. track related maybe?

I hope its a bug update but unlikely. I just wanna see the loading bar of death and big online bug fixed right now. Everything else is gravy.

Last edited:
wait, do you say that when you are a host and change room settings you don't get any info in left chat window?

Back