Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
Well, my Lotus Evora tune that I enjoyed for so long, since 2.02~2.04, is out the window with 2.05. Much has changed online, RS tires wear out even faster than they did in 2.04, but it did smooth out some aspects of race for me, so it's still a plus. But there are many minor undocumented changes, I just can't put my finger on all of them. I am however finally able to repair chassis after an online race, wheras before I couldn't.

When you are runnig down the staight of ssr5 if you see from the inside mirror from every car .you see a big glitch the building with the sign GT IS ON THE ROAD AND AND TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!!

The little floating icons for the Nurburgring Nordschliefe / Time Change / Weather Change has pictures of the grand prix track, even though it's not included in the Nordschliefe.

mister dog
I'm having the exact same thing, game gets stuck when it loads up, on the screen with the gran turismo logo and then afterwards at the start menu it takes like 5 minutes for the cursor to load so you can access GT home. My impression is that it started after i updated the playstation itself last week with update 4.0 (was that the same day as GT 2.04?).

And when you finally manage to load up the game the loading problems persists and you get kicked out of the network every 10 minutes...

I just manually port forwarded my PS3 let's see if that improves things hopefully.

I didn't think about it being related to the PS update,but you may be right.

I had a problem loading GT,then this "agree to terms and conditions" popped up finally,so I accepted and went on. Then I thought I'd check for a PS update and there was another one available. It was 4.11, I updated again and haven't had the problem again knock on wood.

So I guess it was user error, I thought usually it forces an update automatically.

Interface problem:

When you are in the main selection screen for tracks in "Practice", and you go to your own tracks, I have 5 tracks in there, and when your pointer is at the left most track, you cannot go up to the tabs (World, City, etc.) anymore.

You can only go left to the home button, or right to your other tracks. For the right-most tracks in that section the "Up"-command still works, but it seems that the left-most track is too far left and the logic prevents you from actually going up. This is new from 2.04 or 2.05.

Here is a bug I countered last night at GTP WRS-Online : Event 24 : That's MonZa - Feb 22 - practice.

The practice was at GTP_3D3Racing's lounge.
We had done some freerun - tuning and one race.
We were about to start the 2nd (test)race and I went to do more fine tuning.
Well , the nice guys had started the race countdown while I was at tuning screen.
I could notice when the race started because of some screen color changes and I could hear them rev up their engines.
Then I exited the tuning screen to go and at least watch the race , but the game didn't let me to. :grumpy:

The cursor just kept skipping the "Watch Race" - button.

No matter how many times during the race and/or after it I tried , the cursor kept jumping over the button.
I even recorded a very low quality video of it.

Good thing I didn't get a bug that would skip the "Enter Track" - button. :lol:

MadMax

I don't know if this has been brought up but when racing online on all premium cars sometimes glow like a Chrome/White on the edging of all the body panels.
It looks really cool and only just noticed that a picture on my Aventador it is glowing.
Picture Here

Ok, but is still a useful source if someone at PD had a little bit of common sense.
I hope some of you gave the link to KY twitter account also.

PD are lucky to have such a detailed bugtracker, they should make good use of it.

If you install a fully customisable transmission on the Volvo C30 R-Design, when you change into sixth gear it will show a "D" in the gear indicator on the car cockpit view instead of a "6".

Also, on the subject of the R32 TC diff, the base premium R32 has the same problem.

Edit: In Single Race in Arcade Mode, if you choose the novice A.I. level, after selecting a car it only shows a option for AT or MT transmission. But if you chose the Intermediate or Professional option a more complete menu with tire selection, aids and damage options like in GT mode appears instead.

Last edited:
Sorry for the question, but when did all the crowd left London track ? its ugly now !
I dont usually race on this track, so i did notice only few days ago after racing with Xenn in online lobby.

Since latest update, At our club we have all been experiencing constant black screens before race start. It seems to occur regardless of who act as dummy host in the lounge. (private lounge)

Qualifying has not worked for the passed few updates if a race has already not taken place. We often have to run a 1 lap race prior to qualifying, that seems to sort the grid, we then commence with qualifying.

,,,, In Single Race in Arcade Mode, if you choose the novice A.I. level, after selecting a car it only shows a option for AT or MT transmission. But if you chose the Intermediate or Professional option a more complete menu with tire selection, aids and damage options like in GT mode appears instead.

I noticed this a while back, but thought it was just a "dumbed-down" version for the complete novices, to go with the lower calibre A.I.

I also only recently noticed that the description for the Mercedes SL65 AMG (R230) describes the SL55, with only a tiny footnote at the end mentioning the forthcoming release of the SL65. The exact same description is on the SL55 too, rather than having two separate descriptions mis-attributed.

Quote: ",,,,, Though this is presently the ultimate SL, the development of the even better SL65 AMG has already been announced. ,,,,,"

(Not sure if this has been mentioned before, apologies if it has)

Last edited:
So has anybody else mentioned that in some cars (Subaru Impreza WRC '08 and Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03, I haven't tested any others) that G27 users only have 540 degrees of wheel rotation since 2.04? I was testing these 2 cars on Eiger K Trail yesterday and the WRC '08 car, the front wheels stop turning once the steering wheel is turned past 3/4 of a turn in either direction, [edit] the Impreza rally car '03 does the same. It's almost as if a quicker ratio steering rack has been installed in the car, basically making it 1.5 turns lock to lock.

It's kind of hard to explain really, maybe someone else can help confirm this?

Edit2: And the Lancer Evo Super Rally Car, the Escudo, the golf R32... it seems that this is happening whenever a dirt course is entered, but using the same golf r32 on a tarmac track, I've got full 900 degrees of rotation, along with what seems to be slower steering input than on dirt...

Edit3: Confirmed, 2.5 turns lock to lock on the street/road courses, 1.5 turns lock to lock on dirt/rally tracks.

Last edited:
toymdngn
So has anybody else mentioned that in some cars (Subaru Impreza WRC '08 and Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03, I haven't tested any others) that G27 users only have 540 degrees of wheel rotation since 2.04? I was testing these 2 cars on Eiger K Trail yesterday and the WRC '08 car, the front wheels stop turning once the steering wheel is turned past 3/4 of a turn in either direction, [edit] the Impreza rally car '03 does the same. It's almost as if a quicker ratio steering rack has been installed in the car, basically making it 1.5 turns lock to lock.

Edit2: And the Lancer Evo Super Rally Car, the Escudo, the golf R32... it seems that this is happening whenever a dirt course is entered, but using the same golf r32 on a tarmac track, I've got full 900 degrees of rotation, along with what seems to be slower steering input than on dirt...

Edit3: Confirmed, 2.5 turns lock to lock on the street/road courses, 1.5 turns lock to lock on dirt/rally tracks.

Which explains why Rally racing I did the other day was fun and felt good.

I thought it felt better. Seemed there was more control for me.

Great observation!

Not sure if I'd call it a bug or not but the lights in the tunnel on SSRX on the second straight dissapear after you exit the tunnel, well just before actually.

Wow good spot, that's a huge change for the GT series. I'm surprised it wasn't in PD's notes and I wonder when exactly that changed happened. Prolly 2.04.

I found a glitch on a car. The Lexus IS-F Racing Concept taillights don't turn brighter when braking while driving on night courses. The taillights are on but don't get brighter when braking.

I found something yesterday when i was playing eiger with a merc sl 300 ,after the jump i put replay and i saw something intresting ,the two front wheels where half in the road after the jump, i thought it was something like tyre deformation but when i saw it in the replay i saw a big glitch .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found something yesterday when i was playing eiger with a merc sl 300 ,after the jump i put replay and i saw something intresting ,the two front wheels where half in the road after the jump, i thought it was something like tyre deformation but when i saw it in the replay i saw a big glitch .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there since day 1.

v2.05
A-Spec|Extreme|German Touring Car Championship|Nurburgring Nordschleife

Crossed the line in 1st place and game froze. Had to hard-boot the PS3.

Back