Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
So bloom/flare is there, but is gone after filter change. Is that right?

Nope, just gone all together on trial mountain. It was there last night when i shot, I'd do the filter change to turn it off/on, but when i checked the replay this morning, it wouldn't turn on any, but I haven't checked anywhere else yet

I see it's even more complicated. Bloom and flare effect does not reset when you turn filters off. So after cold or mono you have no bloom, but after warm it's there but even heavier than in normal mode. Flare is gone always after filter change becouse filters don't use it and you can turn it on only by leaving camera mode (when filters are off).

When using Dirt Tyres on your car they now have your 'changed rims' equiped instead the stock ones.

example: u put a set of new rims on the premium Mustang V8 and do the dirt drift seasonal - it now shows your new rims instead of rally-dirt-rims (in case of standard cars, new rims instead of the stock ones).

Amaru are you 100% sure. My i-Miev can't agree with that.
R1600Turbo I'll correct that point. In 2.0.2 there was a bug that you couldn't access that tab.

[NOT A] NEW FEATURE

Now when starting a Lounge, you have access to room settings only once available within options and when creating an online lobby.

Last edited:
NEW FEATURE

Now when starting a Lounge, you have access to room settings only once available within options and when creating an online lobby.

That happens every time there's an update, you have to reset your lounge settings the first time you open it. NOT a new feature

Hmm, always worked fine for me. Thanks for clarifying.

I've never had a problem with it either...

Edit: Just tried a standard car with premium wheels, went to Eiger K trail and the wheels were changed back to the stock units.

Edit v.2: Tried it on a premium Golf R with aftermarket wheels, when using dirt tires the wheels get changed to the standard white dirt/snow wheels.

Last edited:
Could be an isolated incident, but I just got finished watching a replay and when I went to exit back to the Home screen the game froze on me.

One thing I've noticed last night is that the FFB on my T500RS feels much stronger and livelier.

Of course, it's based on memory (and my memory has failed me in the past) but I did spend an hour prior to the update driving one of my favorite car in GT5- the Z06 (C6) and although the car felt great then, but after the update, it feels even more like driving a car. It's hard to explain other than it feels bigger: the balance between the centre spring force and the the rest of the FFB feels more spot-on.

(I find that when a sim has too much centre spring force or it's not in balance with the rest of the FFB, the car tends to feel smaller although that also provides the illusion of control. To much of that makes a car feels like a motorcycle or "Reliant Robin" ie. three-wheeled car).

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with it either...

Edit: Just tried a standard car with premium wheels, went to Eiger K trail and the wheels were changed back to the stock units.

Edit v.2: Tried it on a premium Golf R with aftermarket wheels, when using dirt tires the wheels get changed to the standard white dirt/snow wheels.

It has always been like that. Too bad you can't buy the rally wheels anymore.

It has always been like that. Too bad you can't buy the rally wheels anymore.

I know it's always been like that. I was responding (without quoting) to a previous post where someone said that cars with aftermarket wheels will retain aftermarket wheels in dirt/snow.

Can anybody else confirm T500RS improvements?
Also it would be nice if someone checked Corvette C1 description is it correct now in english.

I know it's always been like that. I was responding (without quoting) to a previous post where someone said that cars with aftermarket wheels will retain aftermarket wheels in dirt/snow.

It could be that they were messing with a Mine's Lancer. That car keeps the same TYPE of wheel on it, but changes in size when you run dirt or snow.

Amaru are you 100% sure. My i-Miev can't agree with that.
R1600Turbo I'll correct that point. In 2.0.2 there was a bug that you couldn't access that tab.

Yes, 100% - I'm watching my replay of me drifting the Mustang V8 on the Eiger W trail / Reverse drift event with a set of premium wheels - not the stock ones.

(uploaded 2 screenshots - there's a third screenshot on the remote-hosting site of a Supra RZ with stock wheels while it actually had BBS LM-R rims - this was taken Friday the 13th ^^ - before 2.03).

One thing I've noticed last night is that the FFB on my T500RS feels much stronger and livelier.

I only use force feedback 10 on my T500 RS - it still feels thesame as before 2.03 update

Last edited:
  • Horns/gear/paint/museum cards does not stack properly. For example I own two seperate Horn 160's instead of one with a quantity of two
This happens as a result receiving an item as a gift. Gifted items have never merged with items you have received in game. When I get another item in game that I already got in game it stacks as 2, the same with gifting an item twice. I've never seen items not stack properly when these conditions are met.

I only use force feedback 10 on my T500 RS - it still feels thesame as before 2.03 update

10 here as well. I spend most of my time in GT5 in single car practice/TT mode- tire wear/temp ON, Full Damage ON and Real Grip. I use mainly Comfort Medium and Soft (and sometimes Hard on older cars) on most cars and Sport Hard on High Performance cars (eg. the newer Ferraris). Racing Hard for race cars.

One thing you will notice in GT5 is that FFB feels differently with different cars and especially with different tire compounds.

While I'm not entirely sure that it's the FFB has changed since there's not way to measure such change but before each update I always try to drive once and remember how the FFB feels before and compare to how it feels after.

The most obvious is the change to 2.0 but in between the smaller updates, there have been minor tweaks in the FFB. Even noticed them while I was using a G25.

One thing you will notice in GT5 is that FFB feels differently with different cars and especially with different tire compounds.

The most obvious is the change to 2.0 but in between the smaller updates, there have been minor tweaks in the FFB. Even noticed them while I was using a G25.

Likewise - online all i use are comfort tyres - as of 2.02 i went from comfort soft to comfort medium because comfort soft has to much grip imo since 2.02
From 2.02 onwards, my FFB did feel changed but not going from 2.02 to 2.03 :)

Amaru thanks for screens. I'll try to replicate that bug/feature now.

Tried it and... nothing, still on "dirt wheels". Same config, mustang with same wheels, also painted, and drift seasonal. In "race", replay after race and even in loaded reaplay still those "rally" wheels. Even tried to enter with and without fitted dirt tyres. Still no success. I wonder what is the factor here :/

Last edited:
Amaru thanks for screens. I'll try to replicate that bug/feature now.

Tried it and... nothing, still on "dirt wheels". Same config, mustang with same wheels, also painted, and drift seasonal. In "race", replay after race and even in loaded reaplay still those "rally" wheels. Even tried to enter with and without fitted dirt tyres. Still no success. I wonder what is the factor here :/

You're very welcome - Hmm, very weird. I'm going to load up my game and (try to?) do it again - in other cars as well. If it doesnt work anymore i reckon it was a bug - will post feedback asap.

UPDATE 1 :
- tested Mustang V8 again, had premium wheels
- tested Charger Super Bee, had stock wheels

Man o man, now im really confused - what did i do to my Mustang that it keeps its wheels..... i'm going to paint my mustang into fluorescent pink and try again (to make new screenshot, show u guys im not kidding lol...)

Either way - this Mustang of mine will stay on its dirts tyres forever lol!

UPDATE 2: Trying to remember what i did when i noticed this. I was drifting the seasonal event when i broke my personal score - instantly saved the replay without watching it, then i watched it (while i was still in the drift event) - perhaps this caused it??

- testing the above atm

UPDATE 3 : After painting my Mustangs bodywork, my rims are now back to rally-model as i go on dirt

Last edited:
The settings menu online is now 60FPS, instead of 30.

Minor change, but it makes things faster to set up your car.

[/LIST]
This happens as a result receiving an item as a gift. Gifted items have never merged with items you have received in game. When I get another item in game that I already got in game it stacks as 2, the same with gifting an item twice. I've never seen items not stack properly when these conditions are met.
Sorry, this is wrong, at least for me. I haven't traded anything for months. Some time ago, after either 2.0 or 2.01, I noticed all my new paints and horns were not stacking with the old stuff. Very annoying.

I'm loving that we will have the 1966 VW Beetle 1200 as soon as the DLC is released, but so far we can already go into the Dealership and look at the car and stats. Only one little problem though:

*Bug found on the 1966 VW Beetle 1200* The weight should be around 840kg (1900lb), not nearly 1200kg!!! Over the years, the old Beetle has always been much lighter than the Kombi/Samba, and in the DLC they made it heavier!!

C'mon PD, give the little car a chance, it's only got 34hp! Please fix the weight issue!

Here is a bit of proof of the correct weight:

"1966 was also the last year for the six volt battery. The windshield washer is pressurized by the spare tire. The fuel capacity is 10 gallons. Total weight of this vehicle is 2145 lbs (975kg)." link: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10903/Volkswagen-Beetle-1300.aspx (the weight here is for the 1300 model which was a few kgs heavier than the 1200).

"Curb Weight: 1672 Lbs (760kg)" Link: http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Technical.htm

"The 1967 model weighed 840 kg (1,900 lb). Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle. That weight is for the 1500 model which was also a bit heavier than the 1200 model.

"1965 VW Beetle 1200 - weight= 1609lb (732kg). Link: http://carnut.com/specs/gen/vw60.html. For some reason the last 1200 model on this vast list of Beetle specs was in 1965.

@Abraxas - I painted my Mustang V8's bodywork and now the rims are rally-dirt rims when drifting on dirt - i'm going to paint it back into the colour it was (i had both rims & Bodywork in thesame colour, perhaps this caused it).

PS: improved my drift record in that fluorescent pink Mustang yay - 168th on a 1080-degree wheel :)

update: not caused by bodywork & rims being same colour - just tried.
Im bit bummed now lol - i had a unique dirt mustang lol

Last edited:
I also noticed the PP of my R390 GT1 Road Car '98 has increased. Before it was 509PP, now it's 528PP.

I'm loving that we will have the 1966 VW Beetle 1200 as soon as the DLC is released, but so far we can already go into the Dealership and look at the car and stats. Only one little problem though:

*Bug found on the 1966 VW Beetle 1200* The weight should be around 840kg (1900lb), not nearly 1200kg!!! Over the years, the old Beetle has always been much lighter than the Kombi/Samba, and in the DLC they made it heavier!!

C'mon PD, give the little car a chance, it's only got 34hp! Please fix the weight issue!

Here is a bit of proof of the correct weight:

"1966 was also the last year for the six volt battery. The windshield washer is pressurized by the spare tire. The fuel capacity is 10 gallons. Total weight of this vehicle is 2145 lbs (975kg)." link: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10903/Volkswagen-Beetle-1300.aspx (the weight here is for the 1300 model which was a few kgs heavier than the 1200).

"Curb Weight: 1672 Lbs (760kg)" Link: http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Technical.htm

"The 1967 model weighed 840 kg (1,900 lb). Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle. That weight is for the 1500 model which was also a bit heavier than the 1200 model.

"1965 VW Beetle 1200 - weight= 1609lb (732kg). Link: http://carnut.com/specs/gen/vw60.html. For some reason the last 1200 model on this vast list of Beetle specs was in 1965.

I found it weird too and went to do some research. Looks like PD uses the car full loaded weight, I mean, with fuel and fluids. (Maybe more?) Anyway, thinking about that, its wrong, because the Sambabus would weight a lot more than its current weight if we would take in consideration that method.

So, I'm pretty sure the VW Beetle may be wrong :(

Here's a page from the VW Beetle 1200 '66 manual.

66.jpg

Tweeted Kaz about it...

I found it weird too and went to do some research. Looks like PD uses the car full loaded weight, I mean, with fuel and fluids.
It looks like PD used the maximum allowed weight. In other words what is in GT5 is a fully loaded Beetle (fuel, fluids, passengers and luggage). From the technical specs you posted, that's 780 Kg (unloaded weight) + 380 Kg (maximum allowed payload) = 1160 Kg (permissible total weight) :scared:
Knowing how other similar specification errors never got fixed, it's likely that it will remain like this forever.

"Each car takes six months of man hours to model"

Back