Community built 2.0.5 changelog and bugtracker

• Thread starter Abraxas
  • 533 comments
Thanks for help, I've updated our list with your and some my checks :)

Last edited:
Checking into this online xp/money issue.

Btw my 66 beetle description in the gararge before its selected also has the wrong weight so its more then just at the dealer.

I don't think the more power - less pp thing is a bug. It stands to reason. There comes a point when putting more power in a car will degrade it's performance. By which I mean the chassis' ability handle power and cornering forces efficiently. Like the suspected bug with the stage 2 turbo I think this is actually to gt5's credit. Remember that pp is calculated based on more than just the car's straight line speed, but it is taken in to account.

I.e. if an increase in downforce causes a drastic speed reduction, but only increases cornering minimally it should not increase pp

Ok, not sure if it's been mentioned, and this isn't really a bug anyway, but it's worth a mention.

You must have the previous DLC to drive on Route X now. The 'Trial' period ended with this next update, it seems. So it's now like Spa and all over paid tracks, you need it to drive on it. Which is fair, but they could have said so first…

NJ72 you have a point here. I'll remove it.
Can anyone provide exact name for that Daihatsu loosing power after stage 3 engine kit?
Waiting for confirmation on no money/xp for online.

NJ72 you have a point here. I'll remove it.
Can anyone provide exact name for that Daihatsu loosing power after stage 3 engine kit?
Waiting for confirmation on no money/xp for online.

The car is the…Daihatsu Mira TR-XX of…199Something.

I don't think the more power - less pp thing is a bug. It stands to reason. There comes a point when putting more power in a car will degrade it's performance. By which I mean the chassis' ability handle power and cornering forces efficiently. Like the suspected bug with the stage 2 turbo I think this is actually to gt5's credit. Remember that pp is calculated based on more than just the car's straight line speed, but it is taken in to account.

I.e. if an increase in downforce causes a drastic speed reduction, but only increases cornering minimally it should not increase pp

Its a good argument but the reasoning is because the Chapparal 2J had the same issue and when they fixed the downforce or whatever they also fixed the pp going up when reducing power.

Also why is it only this one car in the game that gets the engine downgrade. There is no way that one Daihatsu is going to do this and the rest will not. Yes it makes sense along with the medium turbo giving more power in real life but it truly has to be a bug in game play.All this for a car I never drive lol.

Last edited:
Daihatsu issue and Vertigo/Toyota 7 PP changes are totally different things.

In Daigatsu stage II engine = PP and power loss
In Vwertigo/Toyota 7 reducing power = PP gain

Or am I wrong on this?

OK, list edited, now back to work. I'll be checking replies from time to time, but have to turn off my PS3 ;)

Daihatsu issue and Vertigo/Toyota 7 PP changes are totally different things.

In Daigatsu stage II engine = PP and power loss
In Vwertigo/Toyota 7 reducing power = PP gain

Or am I wrong on this?

OK, list edited, now back to work. I'll be checking replies from time to time, but have to turn off my PS3 ;)

No your right, trying to explain two things with one piece of data.

I also discovered the Buick Special goes up in pp while reducing power. It does seem like it has something to do with what the car can handle and maybe its not a bug. The 2J is throwing me for a loop as it did gain pp when reducing at one time and now it does not.

So I can say maybe get rid of the pp going up when reducing power but the Mira seems like a legit glitch.

Take care!

Last edited:
My statement was with regards to the vertigo and 7 race car. Obviously I have never owned either of these vehicles, but the theory stands true for a large number of real world road cars.

The dihatsu Mira may well be a bug as, regardless of pp, the engine power should increase (I think) as you would be boreing the pistons and thus increasing fuel flow which would, I should imagine, increase power. The pp may be as with the vertigo and 7, but I think the power should still increase. Engine tuning is not like a turbo, it should increase power over the whole rpm range...

My statement was with regards to the vertigo and 7 race car. Obviously I have never owned either of these vehicles, but the theory stands true for a large number of real world road cars.

The dihatsu Mira may well be a bug as, regardless of pp, the engine power should increase (I think) as you would be boreing the pistons and thus increasing fuel flow which would, I should imagine, increase power. The pp may be as with the vertigo and 7, but I think the power should still increase. Engine tuning is not like a turbo, it should increase power over the whole rpm range...

Sounds good. I just try to find things out of context in the game and report them. Dont really think about them compared to real life generally. In real life I would compare it to how a funny car and all 8000 hp cant use all the power off the line or it shakes the tire. Bit of a extreme example but it works. Like I said and sound like a broken record the 2j is what threw me off. When I get time I will experiment a little with these cars more for sheer curiosity then anything.

@merc, that's a fair point. And like with the 2J I may be talking a load of rubbish and it is a bug. Its just a bug which COULD have some purpose lol. 👍

NJ72

Thank you someone understands 👍

Just looking through OP. You can remove dlc cars from garage now. Can't sell for credits, but can remove. Have just deleted the Prius tc from my garage to verify this. Also repurchased as it says "once this car is gone you will not get it back". Assume this meant that I won't get that exact car back :)

Edit: also, the name for the xjr-9 purple isn't on the car in my garage. It is for the item, but the car just has the swatch with no name

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone notice this. Wasn't in the first post anyway.
Some lines and objects gets on top of cars in the mirrors on some track. This is Suzuka.
This isn't new, its been there since 2.0 or 2.02 I believe.
photo-1.jpg

mercgoat
Its a good argument but the reasoning is because the Chapparal 2J had the same issue and when they fixed the downforce or whatever they also fixed the pp going up when reducing power.

Also why is it only this one car in the game that gets the engine downgrade. There is no way that one Daihatsu is going to do this and the rest will not. Yes it makes sense along with the medium turbo giving more power in real life but it truly has to be a bug in game play.All this for a car I never drive lol.

It is possible that the addition of the df fans in pp calculation means that the 2j is now able to handle the increase in power. The game recognizes the downforce. More downforce means the car can handle more power. Mind you, nothing has changed but the pp formula.

Sorry if this hasn't been reported but, been bugging me for months now;

after racing 25 laps online , Nurburgring, in a room, evening session, let me allow to repair my chassis and do an oil change!

yet, if I merely click X to exit from a practice solo session (offline), suddenly I can do engine and chassis overhauls!

I noticed a strange issue that allows to buy infinite cars from collector's dealer when you buy them sequentially. After the 5th or 6th car, the button remain enabled allowing the trick... I don't know if it is prior spec II update...

Sorry if this hasn't been reported but, been bugging me for months now;

after racing 25 laps online , Nurburgring, in a room, evening session, let me allow to repair my chassis and do an oil change!

yet, if I merely click X to exit from a practice solo session (offline), suddenly I can do engine and chassis overhauls!

Miles do not accumulate while using the "Free Play" while online, only when actually racing.

Miles do not accumulate while using the "Free Play" while online, only when actually racing.

I always do "race for real" settings. Doesn't do anything to allow me to fix my car after many bumps and grinds. Yet, I know my car behaves not as a fresh one from the dealer. No Biggie, I just buy a new Evora now and then (probably my 50'th)

Not sure if this has been noted yet, but there was a message when I loaded up GT5 and I found the message on the website as well.

Regarding an Issue Found in Online Races

A problem has been found in the 2.04 update released on February 7, where players sometimes do not receive experience and rewards after an online race in the open lobby or the lounge.

We are currently investigating the issue and are working to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your understanding.

I use the DFGT wheel and I swear that the steering is now way different with race cars. It's as if they now have the same sensitivity as road cars. Anyone else experiencing this?

I just noticed the bottom of the list, and it has a list of vehicle description problems. Well, this HUGE major issue has been bothering me for months.

(Standard) Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo 1983

It is labeled in game as a FR, while in the description it clearly states that EX designates it as being a FR. I specifically bought this because of that, desc says EX = awd, bought for awd...

Just to realize it is classified as a FR, and it does not perform properly.

It has been bothering me for quite some time, but I was joking about it being a huge deal. Hope they can fix up these little errors sometime. But I have no complaints with the last DLC, and now being able to delete them, I have no complaints. Keep up the great work PD, it is becoming clear [that] the fans' input is important to you.

Back