Completed all golds for my S license!

  • Thread starter Thread starter chuyler1
  • 35 comments
  • 2,803 views

chuyler1

Premium
Messages
4,547
United States
New Hampshire
Messages
chuyler1
Time for a beer! :cheers:

Sorry, just had to share with someone that would appreciate the work. None were impossible...it just took some finesse getting around the A.I. drivers safely.
 
Time for a beer! :cheers:

Sorry, just had to share with someone that would appreciate the work. None were impossible...it just took some finesse getting around the A.I. drivers safely.

Did you turned off the ABS on S8? At Suzuka?
 
Well Done, I actually found these ones a little easier to complete at gold than the previous licence class which was another thing all together :)

But I now all 60 golds.. it's the biggest sense of achievement in the game I think!

remember don't drink and drive .. lol
 
It's easer than International ones for me. Maybe it's just because some imperfections on impact detection algorithm.
 
Believe it or not, I did all Licenses with Default aids (this was before I learnt to drive without TCS) so I probably made things harder for myself.
 
I can gold the B, A and Super license...bronze and silver for the rest. Kinda sad, really.

Great reward car for the Super. Well done.
 
Congrats man :cheers:

S License 3 (or 4?) at Tokyo R246 will probably cost me a TV once I get back to trying it. If I can ever be bothered.

What annoys me (and this may seem fickle), is that getting gold is no longer met with that triumphant "BAAAM BAAAAAAM BA-DAAAAMMM!" music from GT4. I used to love crossing the line just under the gold time and hearing that :D
 
Congrats man :cheers:

S License 3 (or 4?) at Tokyo R246 will probably cost me a TV once I get back to trying it. If I can ever be bothered.

What annoys me (and this may seem fickle), is that getting gold is no longer met with that triumphant "BAAAM BAAAAAAM BA-DAAAAMMM!" music from GT4. I used to love crossing the line just under the gold time and hearing that :D

You get music, but you need BGM on :(
 
Once you figure out the system i.e. What cars you need to pass by what time. It was a lot of restart and hope for the perfect lap to develop.
 
You get music, but you need BGM on :(

Sure but do you get the sort of music we got in GT4 for getting a gold?
 
Sure but do you get the sort of music we got in GT4 for getting a gold?

Nope, GT4 was much more satisfactory to Gold.
But you do get a congratulations music.
 
Nope, GT4 was much more satisfactory to Gold.
But you do get a congratulations music.

Well that bites. 👎

*turning off BGM is the first thing I always do with a new GT, before I do anything else at all (although I keep the menu music on quite low).
 
Congrats man :cheers:

S License 3 (or 4?) at Tokyo R246 will probably cost me a TV once I get back to trying it. If I can ever be bothered.

What annoys me (and this may seem fickle), is that getting gold is no longer met with that triumphant "BAAAM BAAAAAAM BA-DAAAAMMM!" music from GT4. I used to love crossing the line just under the gold time and hearing that :D

For some reason I was imagining a kid with downs sitting inches away from me saying that while spitting every time I gold.
 
Yeah the Tokyo one with the Ferrari P4 took me 2 or 3 tries. You just need to draft behind the Chaparral 2D for a bit then the rest is easy as long as you can control the car.
 
Very impressive work by those that have done this.

I'd like to go back and get gold. I got gold in the 1st license but then just ran through the rest quickly to get it done.
 
S licenses are easy crap I think.

Corrected it for you matey.

Bring back GT3 licensing style: S Class, pure laptime galore. That GT One around Monaco, the Pennzoil Nismo on Midfield, the awful TVR on SSR5 wet.

Now we have this... With aids.
 
For most of them I changed TCS to zero.

Toyko and Suzaka took two sessions of about 30-60 minutes. The rest were pretty easy to figure out and just required patience with the A.I. You don't need a perfect lap but trying to play catch up rarely works. I'm glad its over but I still have to gold the rest of the tests. I have silvers and a patchwork of golds so there's a few days work there.
 
Did you turned off the ABS on S8? At Suzuka?

No I had ABS set to 1 for all of them. I did turn off TCS though. I think Suzaka was more difficult than S-9 and S-10 but once i realized most of the passing had to be done on the outside line, my lap came together nicely. I kept trying to pass cars #4 and #3 on the inside of the hairpin but it required real late braking and car #3 would bash into me mid corner. When I tried the outside line i actually managed to get a faster exit speed which allowed me to catch cars #2 and #1 just before the chicane.
 
Congrats on the golds. I did it about a month ago. Was easier than expected but some still needed more than 1 attempt to get the feel of what was required to get a gold.
 
I highly doubt anyone can gold these in one attempt. Tight quarters with the A.I. and voided runs on the slightest collision make some very difficult. It takes a few runs just to get familiar with each car's handling characteristics.

But with that said, I nailed Circuit de la Sarthe up until the mulsane on my first attempt...at which point i came in way too hot and slammed into the #2 car. It took a few more tries to get the braking point just right and after that i was fine. I bet other drivers more familiar with the track could nail that one after 2-3 tries.
 
I highly doubt anyone can gold these in one attempt. Tight quarters with the A.I. and voided runs on the slightest collision make some very difficult. It takes a few runs just to get familiar with each car's handling characteristics.

But with that said, I nailed Circuit de la Sarthe up until the mulsane on my first attempt...at which point i came in way too hot and slammed into the #2 car. It took a few more tries to get the braking point just right and after that i was fine. I bet other drivers more familiar with the track could nail that one after 2-3 tries.

I was first before the long straights, at my first attempt 👍 , but that was because I missed a turn, went off track, and actually took a massive short cut doing so!
 
Corrected it for you matey.

Bring back GT3 licensing style: S Class, pure laptime galore. That GT One around Monaco, the Pennzoil Nismo on Midfield, the awful TVR on SSR5 wet.

Now we have this... With aids.

Indeed, those S license hot lap challenges were the real challenge, these overtaking ones weren't challenging at all.
 
Congrats!

None of the licenses are more difficult than IC-1 and those cone-slaloms:crazy:
 
I don't like the new license tests, I feel they don't have the skill required by a professional to complete. And the S License was way too easy.
 
nice! Got mine done last night, only had to complete 4 of them to complely gold it, from memory the most frustrating was the le mans test as the other cars kept spinning me out nearly lost a controller over that one....
 
Back