Confess!!!

Parnelli Bone

www.gtcarreviews.com
Premium
United States
Columbia, MD.
Parnelli_Bones
This thread is going to be dedicated to points of embarrassment, guilt, shame, misfortune, and generally the stuff we're all afraid to admit to each other. :ill::scared::crazy:

Basically: What are you so embarrassed/afraid/shamed to admit? Do it now!

So with me, I'm confessing I finally found a car that I can't drive without TCS! :dunce:

Doing the World Championship in a Motul Pitwork Z car. Mostly, power is Stage 3 + oil (757). Tried using no Driving Aids, but with this car, I NEED THEM! Funny though, because I've done plenty of racing in full racing cars in the past and managed not to use TCS, not for every single race, at least. But after many attempts at trying to be smooth in the Z, it's just getting my goat!

Well, I did it, how about you? Anybody want to CONFESSSSSSS......

Last edited:
I don't do to much driving without the aids. Unless im in an all wheel drive car with very little power. Then i might turn on the tcs a little.

I've never finished a coffee break license test, other than a couple half-hearted attempts. :)

I have never finished Mission 34 cleanly.

Neither have I, although since GT4/PAL version was made something like 10 seconds easier than NTSC/American, I don't feel too bad about the three grass cuts I took. :indiff: Mission 34 stole almost two solid weeks of my life before I finally finished it via cheating.

I confess some thing that is a nono in GT4 I used a codebreaker to get all the liecens and money. I am starting over to do fair and square.:dunce::dunce::nervous:

I've never finished a coffee break license test, other than a couple half-hearted attempts. :)

I'm guilty of this too.

Also: I've only ever entered arcade mode once, did two laps of deep forest and left never to return. 2 laps of arcade mode in 5 years of ownership and probably hundreds of thousands of gt mode laps.

I've also never enjoyed driving a Skyline of any version/year/edition/colour despite the games apparent fascination with them.

I could not beat the New York 3 lap battle and Mission 34 to save my life. Tried countless of time, finally accept I will not hit 100%.

I've never completed GT2, GT3 or GT4.

I've never played GT1 and GT2, played GT3 for about an hour.

Also guilty :P

The fact that when I first completed GT4 (Or close enough, all but the La Sarthe I and II endurances, and 1000 miles, I completed it all) I only accumulated something like 12,000 A-spec points. If I had finished the other 3, the chances are they would have been 1 pointers, or finished in B-spec. In short, if I wasn't ahead by the end of lap 1, it was too hard, so I tuned my car up :sly: (i.e. back when i didn't know how to play the game... :P)

I recently went back to clear up some 200pt races in the Special Conditions and lost about three times in a row by 2.5-3.5 sec in a 10min race. A few days later a visitor got me to change to Auto transmission, and I forgot to change back. Next time I tried the rally race I cursed at leaving AT on, but decided to continue anyway, of course winning it this time in the loathed Auto.

Also: I've only ever entered arcade mode once, did two laps of deep forest and left never to return. 2 laps of arcade mode in 5 years of ownership and probably hundreds of thousands of gt mode laps.

Ditto. I could care less about Arcade mode. As soon a I learned (3 years ago) that I wouldn't be able to enter my personally-tuned vehicles into Arcade, I simply never went there...

I've never completed GT2, GT3 or GT4.

Wow. I'm actually shocked!

To be fair, I'm sure I'll finish GT4 one day, but it's looking like I'll never have a 100% win ratio. Life's too short and I'm 43...:(

Embarrassingly enough i have done shameful things too, bumping cars out of my way at times, cutting the chicane at Fuji '90 once, and the most embarrassing thing is to run the Meistershaft race numerous times to sell the car for the money. I am so ashamed : (

I've used the ARMax money cheat on one of my memory cards so I could buy all the cars I wanted to do back when I struggled through on my first attempt on GT4. :embarrassed:

There were numerous licence tests I did in GT4 dirty to get gold.:guilty: GT5 will be all about clean though:cool:, unless they have it set up like in Prologue so some missions are impossible unless you race dirty, very liberally.:odd:

Wow. I'm actually shocked!
I don't do F1's, and that was all I had left to do in GT3. I've got slightly more to do in GT4, but the F1 problem is still there...

I'm sure I completed GT1 though. :D

It took me several years to complete the first Gran Turismo. All I had left was the Hard Tuned races, but back in those days I SUCKED at reverse-direction tracks. :yuck:

I'm fairly guilty of a few things.

I try to race cleanly, but sometimes that car in first is just much quick than my car, and I get pissed off and just use it as a brake.

I'm very guilty of using auto (I rarely play without it) I'll use manual with a steering wheel but not a controller (my L2 button doesn't because I took the controller apart to fix it ages ago and it doesn't sit properly, I never went back to changing it. That'll be my excuse for now).

I have never finished Mission 34 cleanly.

Guilty.

Well I got 4 wheel off-track at the kink on the last straight, but it wasn't really at my advantage. :sly: Took my 2 days so I didn't restarted because I was closer than I've ever been.

I should try to do a clean run sometime...

I can't drive with a steering wheel. I don't have a stand for it, so it's hard to find a comfortable set-up.

I got a new one for this dumb thread! :lol: :lol: :yuck:

I'm confessing that I pay attention the time of year in my games, and change the COLOR BALANCE control accordingly. :crazy:

In other words, if it's July in my game, that's summer where I live, so I'll go into the OPTION menu and slide the COLOR BALANCE all the way to the left...-5 I think it is. It can change the tint in the entire game, even during replays. This way, the sky and scenery has an orange-reddish glow to it. :nervous: If it's December or winter months, I'll have it slid all the way to the right, so everything looks bluish :scared: And in the months in between, I try and remember to keep that slider moving one step at a time. Sometimes I forget, though, and then there'll be an indian summer in October, or spring will be unusually frigid. ETc.

I need to get out more! :dopey:

Last edited:
I'm confessing that I pay attention the time of year in my games ...

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. And this is one of the reasons I hit you up to drive for me, Parnelli. Your attention to detail and your pedantry are truly inspiring. Your approach to problems posed by other users is just as impressive. The utter absurdity of adjusting light for seasons is, in my humble opinion, a mark of greatness.

I use cheat codes. That's why I have Cr.4.5 quintillion.

Back